[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good headset for gaming /v/? Things like sound
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 600x687) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 600x687
What's a good headset for gaming /v/?

Things like sound quality (for music), mic quality and being able to pinpoint where sounds are coming from is key.

I've been looking at Audio Technica ATH-ADG1 which seem pretty interesting. Any other suggestions?
>>
>headset
>>
>>315616898

I don't have enough space in my apartment to get a surround sound set-up for my PC.
>>
>>315617134
the point he made was headsets include both headphones and microphone, both tends to be worse than separate ones
>>
>>315616864
Those look like AD-700Xs, but cost twice as much. Why the fuck would you buy that? Just get the AD-700Xs.
>>
get a nice pair of cans and a separate mic
>>
>>315618670

AD-700x and a modmic will end up more expensive because ADG1 can be found on sale cheaper here.
>>
>>315620431
What the fuck do you need a modmic for? Get a $5 Zalman.
>>
looks like it's made for gaming judging from that orange bit in there

would buy
>>
The Sennheiser GAME have the best mic. Well, they have a mic that sounds the most like a "studio quality" mic. There are others that might be clearer and louder for multiplayer gaming.

That's what I decided on because I wanted to keep my desk space as minimal as possible and having a floor stand for my mic seemed kind of retarded. Plus I like that it mutes the mic when you flip it up.

I was originally going to go with a standing mic but the only decent one with a mute button is the yeti which I find a bit too large and unattractive.
>>
>>315620583

Because Zalman mics are a piece of shit? I've had one of those before and it sounded worse than your average laptop integrated mic. Value aside how does the AD700x fare in games/music?
>>
>>315621027
What are you, some kind of faggot streamer? What the fuck you need better mic quality for?
>>
>>315620745
you sir just made my day :) thanks...
>>
>>315621294
Maybe they just don't like sounding like a third world shitstain
>>
>>315620583
can confirm cheap ass zelman is all you need once it fell under my sofa and everyone still heard me like always you must be moron if you pay more then 5$ for mic for gaming/chatting...
>>
>>315621468
You're going to spend extra money because you're that worried what some random twat on the internet thinks about your microphone?
>>
>>315621692

It would end up costing about $20 more than AD700x and a Zalman here. Doesn't seem too bad since I won't have to deal with a shitty clip-on mic. I care about not sounding like shit because I often play online games with a group of my friends.
>>
File: headset.jpg (34 KB, 336x440) Image search: [Google]
headset.jpg
34 KB, 336x440
Still use it to this day. It's USB and it works great with Windows
>>
>>315621692

Right because people only talk to strangers
>>
>>315621692
Are you that faggot that doesn't use ts because everyone complains about your shitty mic?
>>
Sennhieser HD650 and a mod mic.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.