[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mount and Blade: Warband
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: m&b.jpg (326 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
m&b.jpg
326 KB, 1920x1080
I've picked up pic related recently and am having a blast playing through it, but I read that Native sucks ass. What are some GOAT mods?

I've been looking at Floris lately, and I like how it has a little bit of everything plus some improved graphics.

Mount and Blade: Warband thread too.
>>
File: sss.png (70 KB, 313x120) Image search: [Google]
sss.png
70 KB, 313x120
>>315616265
1257 AD is a must I reckon.

Brytenwalda is good too, set in the Dark Ages. However, while historically interesting, spears were a core part of warfare at the time, and gameplay-wise I find it a little tedious. Not just this mod, but the Last Kingdom mod for MTW2 as well. Just got bored of watching levies stab at eachother for Christ knows how long.

I'm sure there are others. I'm not actually all that well versed on the mods, and haven't played the game in a while. Alas, my two cents.
>>
File: davoodoo.png (47 KB, 300x115) Image search: [Google]
davoodoo.png
47 KB, 300x115
Eagle and Radiant Cross is dope. Was my first mod when I started getting into the modding scene in Warband. Has some neat lore going for it.

L'Aigle is a single player mod set during the Napoleonic Wars. Shit's cash but the melee can kind of be garbage.

Game of Thrones(Clash of Kings) is alright if you're into that kind of stuff. Has Freelancer with it so you can just be a foot soldier in someone's army instead of going off to become a lord. In fact, I'd say find mods that have Freelancer with them by default since that helps with early game in any mod.

Warsword Conquest is the Warhammer Fantasy mod for Warband. Models are kinda wonky at times but you can play as any race available. Chaos wrecks shit usually.

Gekokujo if you like Japan.

NW is alright, but the community is shit and pretty much dying off due to a lack of updates.

c-RPG can be pretty fun but you'll get your shit destroyed early on. Have fun hiding as a peasant for your first few matches until you can afford some actual weapons and armor.
>>
>>315616265
I dunno about GOAT, but Gekokujo is pretty good. There's also "GekokujoNew" which is supposedly better, but that may be outdated and I wonder if it was really ever better.

One thing, though, I much prefer the pre-2.0 music because it's all Touhou, ESPECIALLY the travelling music. Floating Cloud is a miracle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPX2zqET9Tk
>>
>>315616265
Prophesy of Pendor can be fun if you like elves
Don't bother with creating your own order tho
It would take literally years in game to make them worth anything
Also The Last Days of The Third Age of Middle Earth is well made LotR mods
>>
>>315618576
>recommending PoP to a new player
You like hazing the new guys, huh.
>>
Warsword if you like Warhammer and or Fantasy
>>
>>315616265
I can recommend floris. Your path is similar to mine. After floris I tried 1257, which my pc couldnt handle(waiting mode was slower than traveling normally). After that I used Game of Thrones mod, a clash of kings. ended up sorta like 1257 but slightly better. I can recommend these 3 mods for sure.
>>
Full Invasion 2 is fun, multiplayer only
>>
>>315616265
>export character
>give it 1000 of everything
>enjoy life
Lmao
>>
>>315619002
>uninstall game
>effectively beaten it
Rofl
>>
>>315616265
what does GOAT stand for?
>>
>>315619235
Getting Over Anal Trauma
>>
>>315619235
It's a reference to the currency system back in ancient mesopotamia where they would trade in livestock with the goat being the highest priced.
>>
>>315619235
Game Of All Time
>>
>>315619464
Game Of Autism* Time
>>
>>315619464
Thanks for clearing that up, thought something along the way but couldn't put my finger on it. +1 interwebs for you
>>
>>315619585
You could always use urban dictionary too, I use it all the time when kids these days say shit I don't understand.
>>
>>315619672
I like getting spoonfed nowadays. Years ago I was told to lurk moar, which I then did. Todays this is non existent and everyone is reddit-tier and "sharing secrets".
>>
GET NAPOLEONIC WARS
>>
File: 1401327707042.jpg (96 KB, 733x768) Image search: [Google]
1401327707042.jpg
96 KB, 733x768
>Decide to play an unmounted archer cause mounted main character lets you mess with the AI's sense of priority too easily
>Rescue two Manhunters I then assign as my personal guard in every fight
>Works really well. Even things that sneak through front lines get eaten shortly
>One fateful battle
>Manhunter AI of one of the two decides chasing his enemy is a good idea
>Gets dehorsed
>NO NO NO
>Battle Won!
>Mahunter comes up as killed rather than wounded.

it's not fair. You bastard. I didn't give you permission to die.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.