[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what a shitty bossfigt, I kept dying with 2hand no shield but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: ds2-13.jpg (113 KB, 600x367) Image search: [Google]
ds2-13.jpg
113 KB, 600x367
what a shitty bossfigt, I kept dying with 2hand no shield but all you have to do is block with a shield and turn around with lock on. worst boss design ever. fuck this shit.
>>
>>315616062

Learn to roll, casual
>>
Turn the lights on you fucking commie
>>
>>315616062
awful fight until I realized you just take off all of your armor and 2 hand a strong but fast weapon

I didn't even open the flames
>>
>>315616139
fuck you, I beat the pursuer easily with dodging but this asshole is hard as fuck to properly dodge
>>
>>315616575
Dude seriously, this fight is piss-easy even with the lights off and all heavy armor/weps on
>>
File: 1362283633934.png (11 KB, 157x151) Image search: [Google]
1362283633934.png
11 KB, 157x151
>>315616062
A boss fight is shitty when you die to it?
>>
File: 1428672631506.jpg (10 KB, 137x130) Image search: [Google]
1428672631506.jpg
10 KB, 137x130
>niggas don't remember pre patch Lost Sinner
>mfw from nerfing bosses that turn them into joke fights
>>
>>315616738
OP here, I'm playing v1.01 of the game. anyways I don't claim to be good at DS or anything but it really sucks when you have to restort to block/attack shit. also I don't have to required magic stone shit to turn the lights on. Anyways as usual most people posting in this threads are babbies who use a walkthrough or overlevel like hell
>>
File: 1373408999215.jpg (11 KB, 242x209) Image search: [Google]
1373408999215.jpg
11 KB, 242x209
>>315616917
>it really sucks when you have to restort to block/attack shit
As opposed to a strategy that isn't based around avoiding the enemy's attacks and countering with your own?
>>
I'm not sure if this is a troll thread or not, but I have a few tips for you OP. First, you can always summon up to two other players to help make bosses easier. Remember that if you ever need to become human and lack effigies, you can simply help another player beat a boss and you'll automatically turn human. You can also summon NPCs, however their skill level varies wildly. I remember the two NPCs I summoned for the lava pit boss died very quickly. Secondly, for most players, using a shield is recommended, unless you're either very skilled at rolling or happen to have a two-handed weapon with high damage reduction (I know an enhanced Moonlight Greatsword has 90% physical damage reduction while using it to block, which is equivalent to using a small shield and makes it amazing to two-hand.)
>>
>>315617175
dodging is way more fun than simply blocking/counter attack. I bet you use havel's set in DS1

>>315617201
>summoning
no thanks, I might as well use cheatengine

as I said I already beat the boss with a shield but I really don't find block/counter a fun way to play.
>>
That boss is actually do not lock on or block, the boss.

If you block you are susceptible to being jumped or even flamed in NG+.
>>
File: 6hutd4.jpg (29 KB, 283x357) Image search: [Google]
6hutd4.jpg
29 KB, 283x357
>>315617405
Then dodge? You're complaining about the existence of alternate playstyles that you don't find fun?
>>
dark souls 2 is pathetically easy and you should kill yourself immediately
>>
>>315616062
>game comes out
>farm this bitch by two handing a great shield and using that agro ring

Put on some heavy armor helmet as well to make my guy spooky looking.

Turns out this strategy works even better than straight up solo the boss, cause this way the host is in pretty much no danger at all and is free to wail on the boss all day.
>>
>>315617405
>dodging is way more fun than simply blocking/counter attack
Literally the only difference is which button you press when you see an attack. But whatever
>>
>>315616062
>all you have to do is block with a shield and turn around with lock on

You suddenly become aware that nearly every boss in the game can be defeated the same way.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.