[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Rust now has a microtransaction item store, through which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: take2.png (819 KB, 1045x714) Image search: [Google]
take2.png
819 KB, 1045x714
"Rust now has a microtransaction item store, through which players can buy cosmetic items direct from their creators. The idea is that modders can add and profit from the sale of their own work."

You guys were complaining about this like your lives depended on it earlier this year but now not a sound?
>>
>>315603353
nobody gives a shit about rust. I bet most people who used to play it don't even know it still updates.
>>
>>315603475
Nobody on /v/ gave a shit about Skyrim either. It's about what it introduced to Steam, not the game itself.
>>
>>315603475
Shit anon, I forgot I even ever played this game
>>
>>315603353
Because it's completely and entirely cosmetic. It's not like gameplay changing mods are being locked behind payway.

Cosmetics being sold has been a long accepted thing, especially community made cosmetics.

Facepunch gives most of the money to the modders that made the skins instead of keeping it all like Valve and Beth were doing for Skyrim mods.
>>
>>315603353
Doesn't Dota 2 have a similar model?
>>
>>315603353
How is this different from Valve's practice with CSGO? Where skins go up to 2k in price. And don't say it goes to the seller, when Gaben takes a good chunk of that money.
>>
>>315603746
Aight that makes sense. Pretty sure Valve is going to ease paid modding back into our anuses eventually.
>>315603947
I know CS:GO pretty much has paid modding from map/skin makers getting money from the operations.
>>
>>315603540
A lot of people played skyrim just for the mods.
No one plays whatever unity trash Rust is supposed to be.
>>
>>315603353
But those are entirely cosmetic.

The issues with paid modding for Skyrim was around the issues it would cause with the modding community and modding quality for the future.
>>
File: 1441316151490.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1441316151490.gif
2 MB, 320x240
This was great right after Halloween. All the exclusive Halloween skins stopped being sold and the prices skyrocketed on the community market. And retards actually still buy skins there for around 30 - 40 dollars.
Great little steambux profit scheme
>>
>>315604526
Sometimes I wonder how people find these things to make gifs from. Like what went through the mind of the person who originally made that gif.
>>
>>315603353
gary newman is a fucking cunt and deserves to die
>>
File: 1421342905542.gif (3 MB, 283x204) Image search: [Google]
1421342905542.gif
3 MB, 283x204
>>315604591
>>
>>315603353
If people want to buy shit in a shit sandbox why would I care?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.