[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk some story fags. Am I the only one that thinks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: dicks4.jpg (24 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
dicks4.jpg
24 KB, 480x270
Let's talk some story fags.
Am I the only one that thinks the launch trailer might've ruined whatever story Bethesda was keeping a secret?
>synths can look like humans and humans don't even trust each other at all because of that
>Player character is the lone survivor of a vault that's been locked for so long everyone inside has been reduced to bone
>Player character hasn't aged a day
I dare you to fucking tell me you aren't playing as a synth.
>>
You aren't though.

At the end the player characters takes It's skin off and reveals themselves to be Todd Howard, and a trailer for The Elder Scrolls VI starts playing.
>>
>>315600148
Not sure if b8, so I'll spoil this shit regardless.
You're cryogenically frozen for 200 years; some jackasses show up, kill your wife, and kidnap your son. You somehow wake for a few seconds and witness this before going back to sleep for another few decades.

Those jackasses happen to be from the Institute, and the man who kidnapped your son was a former NCR soldier whose had his lifespan tremendously extended for no goddamn reason other than Bethesda trying to pretend they actually know or care about the old games. The chucklefucks are responsible for creating androids, and they needed a living human specimen to get the anatomy right or some shit. I have no idea why; it'd be much simpler just to have your family wake up before you. Also, how the fuck do you get out of the pod yourself? Doesn't that defeat the purpose? Fuck it, Bethesda has no idea what they're doing.

Anyway, everyone hates the Institute because, I dunno, robots are bad or some shit and they have this tendency to consume entire towns for scrap. Seems like a critical fucking design flaw, but whatever.

Your son has grown up to become the head of the Institute, because they raised him and shit. Final choice is between you killing him and abolishing the organization, or you supporting him.
>>
>>315601096
Underrated comment
>>
>>315601647
Bethesda is horrible at making stories. I'm just waiting for the new vegas of fallout 4
>>
>>315602031
Oh fuck, do you think they'd actually do that?
>>
File: 1399245097610.png (284 KB, 1079x1265) Image search: [Google]
1399245097610.png
284 KB, 1079x1265
>>315601647
Holy shit, they actually referenced the NCR? Did they even do that once in Fallout 3?

Also, I THINK you get unfrozen because the institute guys have to unfreeze everybody to get to the boy, then they freeze you right back up.
The second unfreezing happens because the pods open up after 200 years or something?
>>
>>315601647
Then why are you the lone survivor of the vault?
>>
>>315602320
Everyone else's cryopod failed and the Institute killed your wife. I have no idea why they didn't just kidnap her, considering they were planning on using you as a backup specimen.
>>
File: received_902200629857638.jpg (29 KB, 600x582) Image search: [Google]
received_902200629857638.jpg
29 KB, 600x582
>you don't find the institute
>the institute finds you
Wtf is this
>>
>>315602223
Unfortunately its unlikely to happen.
>tfw there will never be another Obsidian devolved fallout set on the west coast

The franchise is dead to me.
>>
>>315601647
Seems like Bethesda is using the lowest common denominator family pandering shit to make idiots have an emotional attachment to the story in order to make up for their shitty writing.
>>
>>315602227
I think it may have been referenced in a BOS terminal in the pentagon that 99.9% of players didn't read.
Its probably more of a fallout 2 reference then a NV one, given the time frame. I will be genuinely surprised if anything from NV gets referenced.
>>
>>315602227
3's big "HEY LOOK GUYS WE TOTALLY PLAYED THOSE OLD GAMES" was the Enclave. And you know how fucking retarded that ended up being.
>>
>>315602531
Sleep tight, pupper.
>>
>>315603169
And the BoS and Super Mutants.
Those three in particular had no business being on the east coast.
>>
Maybe this is why all the NPCs shown so far look so inhuman, they're literally fucking robots.
>>
>>315602791
obsidian is going to be working on a new vampire game

fuck neo fallout desu
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.