[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /v/ still play Insurgency?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: 332453425.png (275 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
332453425.png
275 KB, 512x512
Does /v/ still play Insurgency?
>>
I've been getting weird lag.
The screen fades to black every so often and I get teleported around.

Anybody had this problem? My ping is always in the double digits <50
>>
I play at least once a day just as a time waster. There's no other military shooter I can find worth my time.
>>
>>315590545
yes

>>315590841
no
>>
>>315591127
>no

what
>>
>>315590545
Yes

I play coop nowadays coz its tense as fuck
>>
>>315591127
>>315591318
Good to know, I'll be playing co-op until it gets fixed, it seems like a really serious bug.
>>
I'm trying to start up again. I only played about 90 minutes during the summer and it was pretty fun. Any tips?
>>
>>315591585
As insurgent man,

BUY
AP
AMMO
>>
>>315589781

every now and again.
>>
>>315591585
don't get useless tacticool shit like silencers/lasers/high-magnification optics
>>
I'd still play it if I still had my GPU. ;_;
>>
>>315589781

i like update. I roleplay as an old hajji police officer with my revolver, killing american pig dogs now. Allauh Akbar
>>
Very fun here and there. Two-man fireteams can be neat. Co-op servers with operator mods are dank as well.
Always AP
Always Ironsight
>>
>still no private co-op option
Its stupid you still need to host your own server
>>
game runs like shit its a terribly optimized sack of shit and i get ok to good fps on some maps and shit fps on others for no reason even after turning hdr and everything on low.

the map with the parkin garage i get great fps the others fuck no.
>>
I tried getting into it, but I am constantly getting rekt out of nowhere.

Also, I was shocked to find out that RO2 only has about 1500 players. Is it dying?
>>
>>315592440
i think the recent giant update fucked it up, i never had FPS drops before until now.
>>
>>315592686
even before that.

And that game shouldn't lag really its a source engine game for fucks sake so go figure.

>>315592658
ro2 is shit thats why its a muh ptsd roleplay japanese simulator not a fps.

games a mockery to how incredible ro1 and dh is.
>>
File: konkey dong.png (59 KB, 181x256) Image search: [Google]
konkey dong.png
59 KB, 181x256
>Join modded server running zombie mod
>Kill enemies with knife because 1-hit kills
>I now have one of the rarest achievements in the game for doing it
>>
I played it for a while but none of my friends did

The community seems like one where everyone is fucking amazing and knows the maps like the back of their hand and I got stomped

I mostly play Verdun since I got bored of pubbing in RO2
>>
>>315593153
Pubbing in RO2 is basically watching nothing happen for 40+ minutes
Can still be enjoyable though
>>
>>315593367
> run down long borin hallway map
> get headshotted by some autist with esp/cham hacks from 160+ with a unscoped rifle MG from across the map
> repeat 50+ times till map over.

no ro 2 is shit no custom content at all you could prolly take the biggest ro2 stock map not rs and fit four of those in one of DH,s custom maps.
>>
>>315591585
get c4 and camp by the enemies spawn
>>
>>315593583
>not using cover and then complaining

literally git gud
>>
>>315593583

>get headshotted by some autist with esp/cham hacks from 160+ with a unscoped rifle MG from across the map
That's not hacks, not even hard m8, you just suck. I regularly get 200m shots on moving targets with my goddamn mosin. If you're standing still I can pop your head every time.

Literally only found one cheater, one time, in hundreds of hours.
>>
>>315592658
Spotting enemies is kind of something you just have to get used to over time. Never expose yourself to tons of angles at once or run straight into an open sniper area without smoke (though sometimes you just have to book it). Slice the pie when looking through doors and always check corners, pre-fire if you think there's going to be a guy there. Don't sprint around corners to try to run and gun unless you're really good. Pretty obvious advice.

Also know the maps so you know where people hide and run to. Bind your map key to something close and check it constantly. This is probably the most useful thing because showing where your teammates essentially shows you where the action is, so you don't go sitting in a random corner doing nothing.

Also play gamemodes where things aren't as much of a clusterfuck as Firefight.
>>
File: insurgency.png (308 KB, 431x600) Image search: [Google]
insurgency.png
308 KB, 431x600
>>315591886
>tfw 60 fps 1080p on integrated intel 4600

only issue is aliasing out the ass, sometimes I have a legitimate question of the flickering at the edge of my vision is en enemy or a pixel
>>
I once got a public server to play knife fights for like 3 hours straight. was fun
>>
>>315593786
ro2 is full of hackers stop acting like ure games perfect i can show u fucktons of video proof of video hacking all the people who make hacks for ro2.

RO2 is call of duty shit tier fps compared to ro1 and DH everyone on the servers sounds like every nasally autistic loser from shitbox live.

Whats also funny is how dead the community really is theirs only like really 6 NA servers the rest are all EU and bout 90 percent of all servers are bots so whats that tell you.

Then you have jewwire blaming the community when they broke the game when it first came out was unplayable for a long time and the community told them to fuck off and thats why theres literally only a handfull of servers.

Therese literally like 1 percent custom content Ive seen on ro2 when ro1 and dh was all bout custom content no the community of ro2 is we want the cod/battlefield audience shit tier stuff who would rather play the same 5 maps so they can learn the camping spots not to say that's bad i understand its part of the game but what it is they cant deviate to something new and would rather do the same thing over and over example do x achieve Y= profit

The game is made on the UE3 which is a terrible engine to begin with the textures are awful the basic format of the UE3 engine is this Lets stack uneeded lighting effects such as bloom lens flare motionblur and DOF on-top of low poly textures to make up for our incompetent Bethesda shit looking game.

Not to mention the terrible pop in of textures and foliage which is nothing but retarded.

The controls of ue3 are clunky and awful and require ini tweaking to make bearable.

I say all this but whats funny if u bring this up to RO2 fanboys there so in the closet about how shit ro2 is they will completely ignore this thread to save face.
>>
>>315594489
>integrated intel 4600
Shit, I've got the same integrated card. Is it actually that good or did you fuck around with the settings a lot?
>>
>>315593767
see >>315594640
>>
>>315594640
or, alternatively, you suck and are still mad about it
>>
>>315594819
Nice retort kid you gotta be 18 to post here.

Prove me wrong or go kill urself.

ro2 is shit ro1 was better same with dh.
>>
the gun sounds are awful. how do they not pay attention to that in this type of shooter
>>
>>315594932
you're one of those guys with $300 headphones right?
>>
Insurgancy is so hard
>>
>>315594932
They sound great, they're just not realistic.
>>
>>315594682
>shadows off

most things on medium. I'm satisfied with it, aside from the aforementioned ass antialiasing I have to deal wtih
>>
>>315594914
>Full of hackers
It's incredibly easy to see people in RO2, it's a pixel hunting simulator. If you really can't drop guys reliably at 200m while they're moving, you need to git gud.

And yes, RO1 was better. RO2 really nails the atmosphere though.
>>
Is the mod version still active? I kinda like it more.
>>
>>315596536
Shit, I'll give it a try. Thank anon.
>>
>>315598597
No.
>>
ro2 is brown and bloom shit

it has no atmosphere u autistic twat.
>>
>>315589781
I still play regularly. Conquer was a great addition.
>>
The prone fix update killed the game for me
>>
File: 1430507684202.jpg (27 KB, 305x309) Image search: [Google]
1430507684202.jpg
27 KB, 305x309
Do you also have the problem with FPS that after several weeks of playing you get so good you just stop playing because the game offers literally no challenge?

Same happened with Insurgency, after a while I became so good and memorize all maps that I was capable of wrecking half the time on my own.
>>
>>315590545
I play everyday. Sometimes i've got that problem or I canĀ“t point, or turn around... I think it depens on the server or maybe the workshop things, i got a lot of them.

Great game!
>>
File: dookey.jpg (206 KB, 636x671) Image search: [Google]
dookey.jpg
206 KB, 636x671
>tfw elimination servers are hard to find sometimes

game only ever hovers anons 2000 people on average, get it while you can anons, for one day it shall be dead
>>
>>315589781
I liked it initially because it had a decent amount of realism incorporated into it, but I felt like movement was incredible choppy, and guns felt and sounded weak.

Ended up uninstalling after a few hours of gameplay.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.