[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>playing Halo 5 online >see someone >blast away at them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 1426560401241.jpg (26 KB, 318x318) Image search: [Google]
1426560401241.jpg
26 KB, 318x318
>playing Halo 5 online
>see someone
>blast away at them
>whole body tenses up, difficulty aiming, barely able to move my thumbs
>die
>rage like crazy
How do I avoid this? How does /v/ stay calm while playing online? I hate that the game shows KDR because if mine isn't above 1 I get way too pissed off. CS classic didn't show it, so if you had a bad game you could shrug it off.
>>
Please respond.
>>
>>315583668
Literally just don't be such an autistic fuck. Like it's a game dude. If you're not having fun then what the fuck are you doing? Practicing for the day you join FaZe?
>>
>>315585759
I think it's more about personal satisfaction. If I don't kill more than I die, that means I'm a detriment to my team, and I hate letting them down.
>>
File: 1446519144467.png (241 KB, 335x525) Image search: [Google]
1446519144467.png
241 KB, 335x525
>>315583668
So what your saying is that you are so trash you can't track targets in a game with as much auto aim as halo, wow, props anon.
>>
>>315586038
>Halo 5
>a lot of autoaim
Choose one.
>>
>>315586125
So you claim a series that relied massive on auto aim to port the FPS genre to consoles has a title without autoaim? I'm sure they did
>>
>>315583668
This is a pretty typical sign of a kind of addiction or fixation

Your body is really craving the release and satisfaction of a win, and the further you get and the more you struggle, the more you stress out, which shuts down your ability to think.

So in the end, you don't get your fix, you end up stressed out, and then you keep moving on trying to find relief.
>>
>>315586327
It's there, sure, but it's toned down. I'm sure there are videos somewhere showing the differences. It's almost nonexistent now. It makes Swat fucking awesome
>>
File: 1378597833711.jpg (35 KB, 342x329) Image search: [Google]
1378597833711.jpg
35 KB, 342x329
>>315586338
>Your body is really craving the release and satisfaction of a win, and the further you get and the more you struggle, the more you stress out, which shuts down your ability to think.

This is dead on, holy shit
>>
>>315583668
play dark souls 1 and demons souls while super baked. learn to zen the fuck out in vidya.
>>
>>315586586
Basically, the parts of your brain that want to win and make you happy have wired toghether hard for this game, and I'd bet the parts of your brain that don't want to lose and stress also have.

If you want to enjoy this game again, you're going to need to go back to the basics with this game. take it nice and slow and learn to get the shit kicked out of you while being very calm.
>>
>>315585951
You know this isn't like, a real war, right? As in what happens inside that game doesn't matter and people who actually give a shit about what happens in it 10 seconds after a match ends are even less adjusted to life as a human being?

Seriously though, it's just a game, don't sweat bringing your team down.
>>
File: 1445480751899.gif (1 MB, 250x167) Image search: [Google]
1445480751899.gif
1 MB, 250x167
>>315583668
That means you have autism. Nothing anyone can do lol.
>>
I get this too in rocket league I get close to the goal and choke like an idiot
>>
>>315588456
Are you me
>>
I get like this in multiplayer too. The heart starts pumping and I take things way more seriously against human players. I think it's because I'm a natural warrior.
>>
>>315583668
>barely able to move my thumbs
>my thumbs
maybe if you played on the superior mouse and keyboard you would be able to aim fegget
>>
>>315596793
>i'm a natural warrior
>/v/
>>
Now I'm not going to comment on your specific instance of being a pussy in regards to a game, a mediocre one at that. But I will offer advice I haven't seen so far in this thread on the general topic. As people have accurately identified it is a symptom of stress, and in a way this is not uncommon in competitive pursuits; it shows that you have desire. Desire isn't enough though, you need to channel it. Sure it might be hard at first, everything seems to be distorted, but that is your flight or fight kicking in (at a video game you pathetic fuck) and being the pussy you are you are naturally inclined to flight. It takes time, you need to continually fight this urge and fight. Eventually you'll be tuned to it. More conditioning and you will exude calmness and be able to channel the adrenaline to what you want, directing your focus and your energy to a single pursuit. When people are "in the zone" this is what is actually happening, They are so effectively channeling their adrenaline that they are blind to the rest of the world except to their target, and this comes from a fuck ton of practice of the craft, which not only allows you to focus your energy to a singular pursuit but also allows you to be confident.

Tl;dr practice you pathetic bitch
>>
>How do I avoid this?
Play real FPS games on the PC where you don't have to fuck with a goddamn controller which is garbage at controlling FPS games.
>>
File: 1426617331270.jpg (28 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1426617331270.jpg
28 KB, 720x404
Anon, what I do is chill, and let the muscle memory kick in.
Basically, listen to music while playing, talk to friends, or do both like me.
>>
>>315599313

>talk to friends

fuck off
>>
>>315597823
They released Halo 5 for SteamOS?
>>
>>315583668
>being shit at halo with all that aim assist

Please OP, just stop.
>>
>playing DoW ret 3v3
>end of game my arm pits are sweating
>im shaking violently

why do i get so nervous in games where there's pvp, the same thing happens in mmo's as well although if i play something like tf2 or counter strike it's completely fine
>>
>>315599871
This is not r9k, autistic cunt
>>
>>315600556
>playing wow

I'm going to go ahead and say because you're a faggot
>>
>>315600653
>playing wow

Can you fucking read?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.