[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Divinity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 16
Divinity thread

>pick 2 handed warrior
>only find one handed weapons and tons of shield
>switch to s&b
>only 2 handed drops
Getting real tired of this shit Larian
>>
>>315510661
>not just crafting your own weapons

Fucking pleb.
>>
>>315510895
Crafting is boring as fuck m8
>>
>>315510963
It's two clicks, if you have time to get bored you must be not the sharpest tool in the shed.
>>
>>315511175
>crafting one thing at a time
Shit man, kill yourselves
>>
>>315510963
>being bored
>in a slow old-school RPG

how casual are you ?
>>
Tell me what to build
>>
>>315511296
>space before question mark
How French are you?
But yeah, crafting is just combining two items together, there's nothing interesting about it.
>>
>put 2H sword into furnace
>get large metal bar
>put large metal bar
>get crafted 2H sword with good stats
not rocket science
>>
Quiet day in the market it seems.
>>
NO ONE HAS AS MANY FRIENDS

AS THE MAN WITH MANY CHEESES
>>
File: man with many cheeses.jpg (31 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
man with many cheeses.jpg
31 KB, 300x200
>>315511857
>they changed the voice of the halibut sheepcheese tomatoes lady
>>
File: 2015-11-05_013505.png (204 KB, 187x436) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-05_013505.png
204 KB, 187x436
Let's see
halibuts
sheep's cheese
tomatoes
>>
Wheres the nude mods?
>>
Wasn't there an option to show traits from conversations? Did they remove it?
>>
>Sword+Board fighter/tank with blacksmith/crafting skills
>Bairdotr for dat range and special arrows
How do I round this party out? Wolgraff + custom Mage? Or any better suggestions?

Also, Classic or Tactician? Never finished the vanilla game.
>>
>>315512685
Tactician
>>
>>315512685
>Never finished the vanilla game.
Classic.
>>
Anyone else annoyed with how loremaster works in combat now?
If I was playing alone, it might be okay, but not being able to quickly check up on res or health on my friend's turn is annoying.
>>
>>315513331
>Anyone else annoyed with how loremaster works in combat now?
Kinda, i don't mind it being needed to see enemies states but it should apply to the whole team if you have one character with points in it
>>
>>315510895
What items do you need to craft a functional dagger?
>>
>>315512685
I have a 2H guy with man at arms, armor specialization, bodybuilding, willpower and charisma (for conversations)
My 2nd char is an earth/fire/witch mage with loremaster
I picked Jahan because he's Water/Air and a crafter
And I picked Wulfgar for the burglar skills but so far have been using him with a bow because all the daggers I've found are shit and someone has to use all those arrows I find
I might even spec him into bows entirely
>>
I heard it's best not to play with crafting since the recipe system is shit and the crafted gear is incredibly OP while also being generic looking so you miss out on all the unique stuff.
>>
>>315514906
You heard wrong. Incredibly wrong.
>>
>>315515975
Friend beat it entirely without crafting and said he dropped crafting after Cyseal since the game had no challenge when he was using it.
>>
>>315514906
Pretty much, still do it if you want to use grenades or special arrows.
Special arrows got a really large buff in EE and with a 100% hit chance they are really nice, as far as CC goes they are better than having a mage.

A mage is still nice for heals, buffs and summons but with grenades and 4AP arrows you don't need a mage for CC.
Even as far as healing goes you can just go zombie on everyone and spam poison cloud arrows everywhere.
>>
Fighter/enchanter or fighter/ranger for a first playthrough? I know you pick up other companions along the way but do either of these combinations have any advantages over the other?
>>
Is Iron Hide/ Weather the Storm still worth it? They nerfed it from 5% * Man at Arms skill to 3% * Man at Arms.
>>
>you can't save and reload until you get better loot from chest

feels fucking annoying man
>>
>not going 3 mage/ranger
its like you don't want to beat honor mode easily, anons.
>>315514906
craft grenades and arrows for sure. without it, rangers get pretty useless later on when you need lots of beefy arrows like static cloud/charming.
>>315516301
you can have up to 4 characters, the companions you can pick up are melee, range, and mage. so it really doesn't matter what you play, especially if its not tactician mode.
>>
>>315516301
Fighter/Enchanter or Enchanter/Ranger might be better because you want to have a combo of physical damage and AOE/support buffs. Ranger does have good AOE from special arrows though.
>>
>>315516201
>>315516656
Yeah I heard that much as well, but I ain't got a ranger in my party so yeah.
>>
>>315510661
In the original Divinity, all the loot had randomized stats. This meant you'd have to savescum to try and get versions of the legendary items you wanted because frequently you'd end up with things stated opposite sanity.

Was the most annoying shit ever.
>>
>>315516584
It's on area load now. As in, the entire loot refreshes the second you enter an area.
>>
>>315516712
then theres really no need
>>
>>315516301
Don't use premade classes for one.
I wouldn't start with a man at arms character myself if i wanted to use NPCs because the fighter companion is the best companion stat wise.

The only thing that you absolutely need to have is Pet Pal talent on someone, that's it. Everything else you can do however you want and you will be fine since the game is pretty easy.
Also if you want to cruise without effort through the early game give both your characters geomancy 1 and take summon spider as a starting skill.
>>
File: 3568k8.jpg (28 KB, 323x322) Image search: [Google]
3568k8.jpg
28 KB, 323x322
>>315516531

I don't think so to be honest. Here's a handy exploit for you anons that makes the game even easier.

You need rank 5 in a skill to learn 2 master skills, but you don't need rank 5 to use master skills.

>Get to Rank 5, learn 2 masters
>Respec to Rank 4
>Don't lose your learned skills in EE when respeccing
>Save 5 ability points
>>
>>315516828
So should Madora serve as my tank then? Even though she's 2H?
>>
fuck, this game just keeps crashing on me when i'm creating my characters. has anyone else had this problem?
>>
>>315516984
>Don't lose your learned skills in EE when respeccing
They actually just fixed that in today's patch.

>Fixed skills not being reset during character respec
>>
>>315517624

Haha, fair enough.
>>
Good to see telekinesis still works, was worried they'd cripple it considering how effective it is.
>>
>>315513926
A knife, even a paper one and an anvil.
>>
I kinda went ham and killed everyone in Sacred Stone. Hope it doesn't fuck up my story progression.
>>
Is magic still OP?
>>
Should I put points in crafting from the start of the game or wait until I got my combat skills up first?
>>
>>315518772
Was magic ever OP for anything that wasn't crowd control or shields?
>>
>>315518847
Magic is always OP.
>>
>>315516828
What's so important about pet pal?
>>
I put an ooze barrel in my inventory and I now have a never ending supply of poison arrows
What other barrels are worth grabbing? I think I can carry one more

Also, how do I put a bed in my inventory so I can rest in the wild?
>>
>>315519476
You get extra quests and a few consumables that are otherwise really difficult to get.
>>
>>315519663
Oil barrel for cups of oil, which are useful for +movement in crafting metal armor
>>
File: 9291240895112.jpg (82 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
9291240895112.jpg
82 KB, 325x325
I haven't tried the EE yet, but is the telekinesis thing still effective at crushing enemies with barrels and blocking pathing? I fucking loved my thieving, telekinetic lonewolf and her summon spamming side kick.
>>
>Casting Hastened on yourself doesn't work if you are Slowed
If anything, it should reset you back to default.
>>
>>315520278

Apparently they nerfed crate knight, so I think tele might be nerfed too.

>>315520363

It 100% does remove slow and resets you to default. Did you try it in the desert area or something?
>>
>>315520363
That's what it does, actually. You just ran into one of the bugs where self-buffing scoundrel skills arbitrarily won't apply their effect.
>>
>>315519065
Scoundrel OP now, especially with some aero and witch craft. Turn 1: fast pace, bitter cold, walk in shadows, run behind archer/Mage/boss of choice, destroy asshole turn 2
>>
>>315520483
Not at all. I'm fighting Evelyn.

>>315520570
Wonderful.
>>
>>315520570
>bugs
It's not a bug. Self applied buffs stand a chance to fail.
>>
>>315521439
But wouldn't it tell me it failed then like with every other spell? It cast the animation, took my AP, and nothing happened.
>>
1 talent point for 1 ability point is obviously not as good a trade as for 10 ability points or 2 attribute points. Is it still worth it? Some of the talents look like garbage.
>>
>>315521694
How do you trade talents for ability points? The All Skilled Up talent gives you 2 AP for 1 talent, not 10
>>
>>315521663
It's really easy to miss apparently s since the text is so small, I have seeN it happen
>>
>>315511857
What sort of arrows do you want? Freezing? Poison? Get to the point.
>>
>>315521815
Demon character at the end of time
>>
>>315510661
>defeat Braccus on Tact on my first try without anyone dying

unexpected desu
>>
>>315522298
>have to load my save 5+ times because Braccus keeps wiping my entire party with meteors.
I'm dreading Tactician.
>>
>>315521439
Only if your DEX is too low.
>>
>>315522782
Your dex can get debuffed.
>>
I love Arrow Spray.
>>
>>315522627
I casted Waters of life before engaging otherwise he would've wiped me with them. Instead he just brought everyone down to like 30%. Also go poison>fire>skelly guy.
>>
Someone give me a party build, for the love of god.
>>
>>315523963
How about you stop being a lil' bitch and trying shit out for yourself.

>hold my hand /v/!
No.
>>
>>315523963
Mc Spellblade, dude, Judge personality.
Second Mc Wizard, girl, Priest personality.
Recruit the mute Rogue for first companion.
Second companion pick either the Knight lady or the Ranger lady, whichever you prefer.
>>
>>315524363
ranger holy shit, you need arrows
>>
>>315524823
>that feel when Scoundrel character with adrenaline that has to use bows until after Cyseal because dual wielding daggers takes ages to take off
I sure do like CCing entire fights.
>>
>>315524823
>you need arrows
No, you need someone to fire the literally hundreds of arrows you get without even crafting
>>
>>315522627
>>315523336

Just separate you group, move only 1 character with fire res to talk to him so that Braccus casts meteors only on him.
Focus the crystals while cc'ing the adds (not necessary) then kill Braccus first.
>>
use the idiot-proof crafting system, or buy one ya fucking child. Or go play diablo if you just wanna kill and get loot.
>>
>>315523336
>>315522627
I just forced him to waste AP moving into position at the start of the fight. He can barely afford to cast it. He only used it once during the battle that resulted in victory.
>>
>>315510661
>pirate the game
>get through the tutorial cave, everything seems good
>get to first town
>have to solve a murder
>have to talk to everyone
>game slows way down
Uninstalled right there. I don't want to solve a murder and i don't want to talk to horribly voiced npc. Shit game is shit.
>>
>>315525926
Don't even need to talk to him (if you already know the dialouge) just start the fight by casting a spell at him. You don't miss on anything quest wise
>>
Does the weapon/armorcraft result scale with your level?
>>
>>315525926
Also, just LOS Braccus and save him for last. If you let the adds stay up they'll destroy you
>>
>>315526903
>I'm a shiteating child who didn't understand what sort of game I was buying.
The game is excellent. Your ability to research genres is the problem. CRPGs are for big boys kiddo.
>>
Anyone know where the Bow Upgrade Kits are?
I found level 2 and 3 for everything but the Bow and it's really starting to trigger my autism
>>
>>315525379
I have sold all of them, but I'm currently thinking of using the cheat engine to respec my 2nd MC because they are a carbon copy of madora and that's getting boring, is it worth it to only have 1 tank and a scoundrel as the melee assassin?
>>
>>315527026
Yes, and with your blacksmithing/crafting level.
>>
>>315527046
>Kill Twins
>Use Teleport and then a Teleport scroll
>warp Baron and Ghoul onto the Lava
>Slap Braccus silly
Easiest strat without cheesing vases.
>>
>>315526903
>I don't want to do the thing my characters are literally there for
>I just want to kill zombies xDD and make epic explosion by mixing my doritos and mt dew
>>
>>315511967
The new VA is not nearly as funny. Makes me sad.
>>
>>315527080
Well, he didn't buy it for 1, so we can ignore him, but I can understand where he is coming from. The game takes a few hours to ramp back up to the intensity they throw you into the game with, but at that point it is better because you understand the game and nothing feels better than scraping by an extremely tough fight that shit in your party rng wise. It's a satisfying experience for me, and for you, but for a lot of people, they want it to be easier, faster, and more in your face CURRRRRRAHHHZY
>>
>>315527468
>for a lot of people, they want it to be easier, faster, and more in your face CURRRRRRAHHHZY
Those are the people who deserve derision though. The rest of the industry panders to their sensibilities. Games like DivOS are different. If he doesn't like it, he can get fucked.
>>
>>315527468
What I really don't get is how people expect there to be a lot of battles when all you're supposed to do in Cyseal is investigate a fucking murder. This is literally explained in the opening cinematic.
Things ramp up when you finally find out what the fuck happened.
>>
>>315527902
It's not like it takes forever to deal with the murder mystery, either. The game only slows down if you want it to, like if you want to craft a shitload.
>>
File: 1446243862493.png (34 KB, 715x760) Image search: [Google]
1446243862493.png
34 KB, 715x760
>>315510661
>not playing a wizard

get a load of this normie
>>
>>315527649
I absolutely agree with you, I mean, I can enjoy the more casual games as I would enjoy a mindless summer blockbuster, but it doesn't satisfy me like more in depth games do. We rarely get catered to anymore, especially in today's AAA saturated market. People that don't like the "non-casual" games really can't complain, since a majority of the market is trying to get in their pants
>>
>>315528040
>>315527902
It's not like basically the second quest objective for the Jake's murder quest warps you to the end of time and drops the void dragon plot on you.
>>
>>315528178
>yfw casuals complain that the most recent CoD is too easy
>yfw given an actually challenging game they cry that it's too hard
I kek everytime
>>
>>315528040
This is the kind of game that isn't as fun alone. But seriously who pirates good games that are giants to work on your system?
>>
Is there any way to turn a steel bar back into an iron bar?
>>
Can you always get all the skillbooks for any particular class? I remember in the original game the skillbooks the merchants had in their inventory were random, and that as you gained levels higher level skillbooks would crowd out stuff like battering ram and crushing fist.
>>
>>315528375
Why do you think dark souls is so popular? It has a steep entry level of difficulty, because the player is unfamiliar with the mechanics and controls. The game becomes much much easier once you get a hang of the controls. They want pseudo-hard games, too easy and they can't "feel like a badass", too hard and they would rather give up instead of overcoming the challenge.
>>
>>315529362
They are random and I'm pretty sure their inventories scale to player level. If all else fails you could just get the book you want with crafting and savescumming.
>>
>>315527080
>buying.
It's on GoG, i never buy gog games. There always free.
>>
Sword+Board or 2hand?
>>
>>315529769
Whichever you like more
>>
gonna start the enhanced edition with my gf later tonight. What party should we make? Any tips?
>>
>>315519476
You get some insight about locations and quests by speaking to rats. Also they sound cute.
>>
>>315529934
Whatever two setups you guys will enjoy, then fill in with NPCs. I would advise at least 1 and a half mages, and a frontline warrior. Last slot works well as some kind of rogue or archer.
>>
I never thought I'd complain about something like this, or ever use this shit term.

But holy fuck the traits are gamey as fuck. You can't roleplay or play the way you want when one dialogue option gives you a slightly higher chance to win RPS against NPCs, and the other MAKES YOU IMMUNE TO A PARTY WIPING, GAME OVERING STATUS EFFECT.

Really hope they aren't in Div OS 2.
>>
>>315532013
Same, playing with a friend and every time we see the yellow ! we quicksave, its shit man.
>>
>>315532013
Yeah, they really are horse shit. I try to RP every dialog choice but fucking hell I don't have the discipline to take backstab hit chance for characters who never backstab,.
>>
>>315532013
>MAKES YOU IMMUNE TO A PARTY WIPING, GAME OVERING STATUS EFFECT.
Which one is that?
>>
>>315532013
Fear usually has a very low chance of succeeding and it's built against the same way half of the status effects in the game are. Immunity to it isn't as good as it seems.

I agree, though.
>>
>>315532451
Blunt (charm immunity) / Considerate (+1 Charisma)

Charm is the the fucking worst
>>
>>315532468

I was actually talking about Charm.

I got charmed once because I had no points in either. I CC'd my friends character while the NPCs dogpiled him.
>>
>>315532708
Oh, charm is so rare and can be counter-charmed so easily that I never really cared too much.
>>
>>315532991

>Charm is so rare

It starts getting spammed a fuck ton later on, as well as fear.

NPCs start getting really fucking cheeky cunts m8 with grenades later on, and every 2nd fight from Act 2 onwards has something trying to fear you.
>>
>>315533153
Seems like pumping willpower is the best solution.
>>
>>315533317

Of course, my tank had 6 Bodybuilding and Willpower asap.

But that doesn't change the fact that one dialogue choice does literally nothing, and the other gives you an immunity to the worst crowd control effect in the game without needing a single ability point or piece of equipment. You're being punished for being a considerate character.
>>
How come whenever I attack or damage a zombie monster (e.g. zombie boar) it becomes poisoned by itself and starts healing?
>>
>>315533869
Zombies bleed poison, and poison heals them
>>
>>315533869
Non elemental damage causes them to bleed, they bleed poison, zombies have 200% resistance to poison and so heal from it, they are weak to fire just burn them.
>>
File: use the terrain they said.jpg (513 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
use the terrain they said.jpg
513 KB, 1680x1050
I can attack her but she can't attack me.
Thanks Larian
>>
>>315512083
did they really?
>>
>>315529649
I buy gog games to show the devs that I am willing to pay for their hardwork, as well as the fact that I appreciate that it is drm free. I still send a copy of the installer to my brother across the state for every game I buy though
>>
Gonna run a simple Fighter/Mage/Ranger/Rogue party, on Classic because I'm a shitter. Should my mage dabble in every school of magic or just focus on a couple?
>>
This may be an autistic question, but can you get the armor that's shown on the box art? That shit is sexy as fuck.
>>
>>315535691
Every school for every situation, besides spells, pure mages have no other traits to really spec into.
>>
>>315534285
Wooooow
>>
Are there any crafting recipes for maces, outside of nail-fortified branch? Considering taking anaconda for a sword and board fighter, but might reconsider.
>>
Dual wielding wands. Y/N?
>>
>>315537124
y
>>
>>315534227
>>315533947
Well that sucks

Any way I can remove poison patches from the ground?
>burn them
>>
>>315537823
Burn them
>>
>>315533504
>You're being punished for being a considerate character.
Sounds reasonable. Source Hunters are zealous inquisitors.
>>
NOT IN THE MOOD FOR CHEESE?
>>
>>315536138
Pretty sure. Yes.
>>
File: 1405308585601.jpg (338 KB, 748x499) Image search: [Google]
1405308585601.jpg
338 KB, 748x499
>>315537996
>>
>crafting

I don't even. After robbing everyone and everything in Cyseal I have hundreds of crafting materials my inventory is a complete cluster fuck. And I can't craft shit with any of it. I've read all the books I could find and half of them dont even give me recipes.
>>
File: 1285810345925.jpg (24 KB, 262x337) Image search: [Google]
1285810345925.jpg
24 KB, 262x337
>>315537823
>>315534227
>>315533947
Also I just realized something
Whenever my spider summon hits a zombie, it bleeds poison
But if it's already burning, every poison bleed sets off an explosion and resets the burning duration because poison & fire is bad

Looking at my combat log, it says the spider hit it for 9, which then triggered a bleed, which was poison because it's a zombie, which triggered a 27 heal on it because zombies heal from poison, which triggered a fire explosion because it's burning and it did 48 damage
>>
>>315538290
Here's a list of all the recipes from the original, don't know about enhanced edition, if you want to spoiler yourself:

http://www.divinityoriginalsin.com/usergen/ivar_recipes.pdf
>>
Is Leadership useful or should I just go for Charisma or Telekinesis?
>>
>>315538831
Leadership is extremely useful. One of your support character should take it. It gives buffs to damage, initiative (when you go in the turn order), critical chance and other things too
>>
>>315537823
Divine Light.
>>
Anaconda or Bully?
>>
>tfw had to pirate this great game because NEET

I'm sorry Larian. If I could I would buy it.
>>
>>315538290
>>315538652
Anything special about crafting? Is it worth the points or can you get equipment and shit that's just as good from looting?
>>
>>315538831
Amazing. Definitly want it.
>>
>>315539382
Crafting is really powerful if you know what to do with it.
>>
>>315539382
Crafting and blacksmithing are great. Get 2 points in crafting and 3 in blacksmithing, you can get another point in crafting from the pragmatic trait and 2 points in each from gear (belt and bracers) to bring you up to 5.
>>
>>315529603
>>315529362
The skillbooks the merchants sell are fixed and they restock once per hour and every level up.
You can get every skillbook in the game through the merchants in Cyseal+the elementals in the End of Time
>>
>fight boreas
>he has fire immunity
>ice immunity
>earth immunity
>but NO poison immunity
>kills himself by chasing my pair of idiot across the map while wading through his own poison clouds
I feel like this was not intended behavior
>>
>want to make 2h guy
>people tell me the 2h bitch in town is better than your player character
Is it true?
>>
anyone think this isnt a very good coop game? I know it flaunts itself being a great coop game but I feel two human players dont really add anything significant to gameplay. I feel like the game takes 3 times as long and is actually less fun to play because of that.

great game, dont get me wrong.
>>
>>315540206
No. It's not true. They're just suggesting you use her and make your character into something else. Madora is good but not better.
>>
>>315519836
That doesn't do anything hammering them out on an anvil doesn't already do.
>>
>>315540213
No. I had an absolute blast playing it co-op for my first playthrough.
>>
>>315540206
She has Comeback Kid talent that normally requires 5 willpower.
>>
So where do I dump all my money into? Went into a buying spree to empty out the Teller of Secrets. Whats my next money dump?
>>
>>315540451
Comeback kid is usually completely worthless though. She's not even spec'd for tanking.
>>
>>315540645
>she's not even spec'd for tanking
2h or sword&board makes literally no difference in tanking
she's not specced for tanking because you don't spec her for tanking
>>
>>315540747
>2h or sword&board makes literally no difference in tanking
You're retarded. Shields have block chance. blocking negates damage entirely. It's the only choice.
>she's not specced for tanking because you don't spec her for tanking
Because there's wasted points in 2Handers. She's a close range brawler. Not a tank. Comeback Kid is often invalidated by multiple actions or status effects like burning and poison. I use Madora, but only to fill a role in my party. Not because she's exceptional.
>>
New to this genre.

I made a Wizard that uses midnight oil, flare, and a spider. I also pickpocket everything. Any tips for me? What weapon should I use? Also why is it that my flare doesn't ignite the oil half the time?
>>
>>315540919
You're targeting the monster and not the oil he's standing in. Look at the AOE indicator and aim at the oil on the ground NEXT to the monster you're trying to ignite.
> Any tips for me?
Wands are good. Pet Pal is extremely useful and enjoyable and if you don't have it, you can miss quests.
>>
>>315540919
Your flare doesn't hit the oil if it doesn't ignite, you're hitting your target.
If that target started burning the the oil would ignite also.

>>315540915
That's where buffs come into play
My 2H brawler is perfectly capable of taking everything on with buffs
>>
>>315541063
I was completely aware of landing my flare on the ground/target after it happened the first time. Sometimes it lands on the ground and still doesn't ignite.
>>
How much more difficult is Tactician? I found vanilla to be fairly challenging, though I only got about halfway through the game.
>>
>>315541236
Then that'd count as a bug or you're not aiming right.
>>
>>315541428
Are you familiar with the mechanics of the game?
Almost all of the fights are revised on Tactician, with enemies having more consumables and more skills and better AI to counter popular player tactics used during the original game.
>>
>>315517253
I use Madora and a summon to tank. It's working well so far
>>
>>315541236
Try landing your flare so you could see part of that aiming circle on the oil.
>>
>>315541236
I've also noticed the radius of the final effect is usually larger than what it looks like

For example if I have my guys standing next to the oil but not on it, when I light it on fire they still get burning effect anyway
>>
>>315534285
Is that in tactician mode?
>>
>>315538426
I fuckin love physics
>>
What the first fight that usually gives people trouble on Tactician? Because I'm blowing through this shit like a motherfucker and it's my first time playing the game past the inside of the first city.
>>
>>315544148

Sparkmaster was a bit rough. Also the big Water Crab Spider thing.

Bosses aside, there's a bunch of thugs on top of a hill on the beach that are fucking insane, they summon a dude that gives them fire immunity and every single one of them bar the summoner has a knockdown or 6.
>>
Braccus on tactician dice my shit apart.
>>
>>315540919
Also remember that wet enemies have a higher chance of being frozen or stunned by lightning spells
>>
>>315544148
Braccus. I was just confused when he showered me with meteors.
>>
>tfw can't decide between Classic or Tactician
>>
>>315510661

Is there an easy way to skip the murder investigation at the start, or hast he new enhanced edition changed it at all? I tried replaying it like 2 months ago but I just wanted to jump into the combat, and doing the investigation the 2nd time around was tedious, but i couldnt remember how it went down. So i just went through the steps, finished it, died nearly out the gates of the 1st town and started playing a different game.
>>
>>315545164
>find Jake's coat where Evelyn works
>show it to his dog
>Evelyn escapes
Don't even bother with his wife.
>>
>>315544673
Pull him with one character that's buffed up with fire resist, keep the rest behind the entrance, then kill the bosses 1 by 1 as they come in. When they're dead, use a summon to distract Braccus while the rest of the party ganks his wards.
>>
>>315545121
Have you played the game before?
If yes, Tactician
If no, Classic to get a feel for the mechanics
>>
>>315545498
Too long
>Go to Evelyn's house
>Bash the door down
>Done
I accidentally did this the first time through, which immediately made this game one of my favorites.
>>
>>315545787
Played vanilla about halfway through.

Should I go with tactician then?
>>
>>315545552
Or you know, you could just chain-stun Braccus and never let him get a single attack off, it's not even hard to do.
>>
>>315546013
>do this
>be level 2
>the first encounter out the western gates fuck your shit up beyond all recognition
How's life on Explorer?
>>
>>315546117
It's literally impossible when his wards are up so, so you still need to kill those while dealing with Ghoul, Twins and Baron
>>
>>315546160
Anon, literally git gud. Second time through co-op with brother (I stopped after solving the murder the first time) went to graveyard to talk with dog, dig up graves and find the tunnel, be level 2 and end up in the middle of the zombie infested shit, no new gear/spells/skills at all and just shit like teleport, flare and regeneration and we got through it just fine, ghoul was a nightmare though.

Seriously though, how fucking bad at games are you? Currently doing a tactician mode run with no lone-wolf no glass-cannon and no companions and it's easy, stop being shit.
>>
>>315546264
>Never let him get a single attack off
>Impossible "when his wards are up"
Anon, think about that sentence for a second, that should be enough for you to realize it's fucking retarded, because he takes a turn to cast his wards you dumb hongnihong.
>>
>>315546563
Are we assuming 1st turns?
He literally spawns his adds and wards at the start of the fight before anyone gets a turn in.
>>
>>315546714
Nope, he spawns his adds and then casts his meteor shower bullshit skill, the wards come the round after that (on tactician, anyway)

Cast rain for the fire resist and take fire resist potions against the meteor shower before going in and then use telekinesis and chain stun him with shocking touch and chilling touch (your mage should have around 17 int at this point, use drain willpower if you don't have enough) while your other dude fights the adds.
>>
>>315538426
>Div:OS 2
>Hitting a burning zombie causes it to bleed poison
>The poison burns, and the burning spreads to inside his poison-sac or whatever
>zombie melts away, dropping a "zombie goop" item usable in crafting (necromancer skill tree pls)
>zombie is now a skeleton (poison immune, weak to maces etc)

We have elemental combat, now what about turn-your-enemy-into-another-fucking-enemy combat.

>Introduce polymorph
>Polymorph a nigga
>Talk to morph'd animal via Pet Pal
>They reveal secrets, item locations, plot trivia, their secret fetishes etc
>>
File: 1367003880394.gif (307 KB, 200x100) Image search: [Google]
1367003880394.gif
307 KB, 200x100
>FULLY VOICED!!!
>One person plays 3 Major Characters and uses the exact same voice
>>
>>315547258
I literally just went in to check on Tactician.
He spawns Baron, Ghoul and Twins, then summons wards and then casts meteor shower, all in one turn.
You're full of shit.
>>
>>315548235
Never had the wards bud, no idea how that'd even be possible because Braccus doesn't have the AP to pull it off, nice try with the bullshit though. Unless you got such low initiative that he somehow chained two turns (he gets a free turn at the start and if your initiative is so low it's lower than his he'll also get the first round on the next turn) and if that's the case good god have you fucked up your characters.
>>
>>315547286
>Polymorph a nigga
>Talk to him via Pet Pal
>He spouts endless profanities at you and pees on your leg

Not sure why an enemy would certainly be helpful just because you've changed his form.
>>
>>315548636
Fear. You just turned him into an animal with a foreign biology/brain/gonads and are now towering over him. You can then be merciful and release him into the wild to live among the squirrels, and he will then sacrifice himself to save you from the final boss' death blow, because you showed him the meaning of humanity. Tears will be shed.

Or you just made him powerless, slow, and easily killed, and are now towering over him with a fireball.
>>
>>315512083
But why? What's she sound like now? Please tell me they atleast kept Jakes dogs voice the same
>>
>>315549350
Nope, every voice seems different, cheese salesman is the worst though, he now sounds bored and unconvincing.
>>
>>315516802
So that means you should save before entering an area then reloading if the chests don't get good shit? Or can you just go in and out for refreshes?
>>
>>315549510
Really hate the new "Now where is my pepper" girl, much prefer the original.
>>
>>315534285
haha, I killed everything right where they originally standed. You just suck at strategy.
>>
>>315518445
Last I remember sacred stone was basically an extra zone to get some more levels if your not ready for the forest
>>
>EE is out
Fuck, I'm still playing the normal version.
Is it worth replaying until the plot about the white witch and her mysterious captors/attackers?

As far as I know, you can't transfer a save from the normal edition to the EE.

Anyway, even if I don't play this, I have high hope for OS2 because of the undead race alone.
>>
>>315516201
Some of the special arrows were 100% if you aimed at geometry instead of firing at a moving target. It's like Quake, you have to be smart about it.
>>
Have summons changed at all?
I remember when I played original I had like 2 people with good summons and was completely destroying everything because my summons took all the damage
>>
>>315551543

Summons are still brick walls of damage absorption early game, but on tactician when you reach a certain point EVERYTHING has destroy summon as an ability. At best you trade your AP for theirs.
>>
>>315510661
Does the 4-player mod work with Enhanced Edition?
>>
How hard is to get into this kind of games? Do i get a tutorial area or something?
>>
>>315551851
Yeah there's a crypt in th e beginning that explains alot
>>
>>315551851
Yes, and they make sure to show off pretty much everything else you will need by example.
>>
Am I a casual for playing on Classic?
>>
Is Wolgraff a potential party member?

My friend killed him when we were walking through an underground area. Even though he had a specific name, he just teleported him in the middle of us so Wolgraff attacked.

Don't tell me he's like the only rogue in the game.
>>
>>315552468
Yes
>>
>>315552468
Yes. And yes.
>>
Going double lone wolf, 2h knight + Mage, or 2h knight + Ranger?
>>
>>315552798
You mean you are making a character that is both a knight and a mage, and a knight and a ranger?

You will spread stupidly thin. Pretty much impossible.

If you mean having 4 characters, then you can't lone wolf.
>>
>>315552970

He means will he have his 2 lone wolves be a Knight and a Mage, or a Knight and a Ranger.

Not that hard to figure out.

Anyway, with 2 lone wolves you'll need healing. Go for the mage.
>>
No, going one source hunter as Knight, second as Mage or Ranger.
>>315553201
Yeah, but maybe I can just craft a bunch of potions? I heard mage's power really falls behind mid/late game and rangers and scoundrels just get ridiculous
>>
>>315553606

Potions are finite since you can't farm them, and you'll need a ton of healing.

Try whatever you want man, I'm sure you can make it work with the tons of utility and CC a ranger has.

But you heard wrong about mage falling behind. The master spells for Fire, Lightning, Frost and Earth are fucking brutal. Huge range AoE CC's.
>>
From what I've heard scoundrels and rangers have been buffed enough so I only need one dedicated mage. So if I made him primarily hydro/aero, I can handle setting off geo/pyro combos with just wands?
>>
>>315554181
If you make a ranger then you'll do just fine with the special arrows
>>
>>315510895
crafted weapons are generally stronger too
>>
>>315512346
How do I get that outfit
>>
File: Sundowner.jpg (143 KB, 1273x875) Image search: [Google]
Sundowner.jpg
143 KB, 1273x875
>Lone Wolf with two handed weapons

I was fucking invincible in the original, and I'm fucking invincible now.
>>
>>315552468
I hope you called your friend a retard for that.
>Wolgraff doesn't throw you into combat
>Hovering over him gives you an option to talk
>One short bald dude on his own

His companion quest is the best of the four, too.
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 640x1136
This game worth buying on the xb1?

Been looking for a new rpg to sink my teeth into, but with fallout right around the corner, I'm hesitant.
>>
>>315555158

If you can only pick one, I'd pick fallout 4, if you're a fan. Even though it will probably be shit you'll want to see for yourself and everyone will be talking about it
>>
>>315555158
How could you even consider Fallout 4
>>315555401
>I'd pick fallout 4, if you're a fan
ESPECIALLY if you're a fan
>>
>>315554435
Literally underwear m8.
>>
>>315556138

thats not underwear
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 640x1136
>>315555401
Thanks broham. I know this board hates the way fallout is looking, but I am beyond pumped (this from a 25 year old avid video game / rpg player).

Will probably end up buying this game as well because I have no self control. Is it 30 bucks or am I way off?
>>
>>
>>315517624
>>315516984
Version 2.0.99.113:
Fix for invisible items in containers
Fix for Crafting interface in Polish
Fix for book interface in Russian
Fix for sometimes having to click multiple times to pick up items
Fix for not being able to assign skill points under certain conditions

??????
>>
>>315556450

On consoles it's $60 new.

Hold out till Tuesday man
>>
>>315522298
>>315522627
>>315525926
i found an exploit to beat braccus - worked in my tactician run

break off one member, leave everyone else outside the door. hit him long range to start combat and he'll cast his summons of the three assholes. run back outside the door to fight them one at a time

after that, make sure to bait braccus outside the room then move everyone into the room except one. That one you're going to leave INSIDE the doorway, and close the door on yourself. braccus won't do anything at all during his turn and you can easily destroy the crystals and build up all your AP before you open the door up again.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/5930698
>>
>>315556479
>teleports behind you and poisons you
>>
>>315557056

He defeated Braccus with this one neat trick! Source Kings hate him!

Personally, I used the twins by fire joined to block off the door while I killed the ghoul and baron.
>>
>>315552190
Nah
Tactician has just some bullshit thrown in to make it harder
Play classic if it is your first time
>>
Is dual wielding worth it?
STR or DEX ?
>>
>>315556669
The latest patch is 2.0.99.676
>>
>>315557904

Dual Wielding is insanely good, but it needs a ton of ability point investment.
>>
>>315556479
Did you put any stat points elsewhere besides Str?
I think Speed and Con might be useful, and Perception on my archer, but do they ever compare to Str, Dex and Int?
>>
Is investing in Tenebrium worth it?
>>
>>315558256

Pretty much all of my str in that pic is from gear. Most of my points went into constitution for nearly 5k HP.

>>315558294

It depends. You need it to wield tenebrium weapons and use bars on weapons to add tenebrium damage.

But, you don't need it to wield items that you have added tenebrium on to yourself. So I just had a bunch of +tenebrium items lying around and with as little as +3, I was able to add tenebrium damage to my level 20 weapons.
>>
>>315557062
>86% Classic
Didn't know /v/ was this fucking casual.
>>
>>315558596
In the original I found a Tenebrium Scythe around the end of Luculla Forest that grossly outclassed every other two handed weapon I ever found.
>>
>>315558740

They changed the way Tenebrium works. The Tenebrium skill doesn't improve the damage of tenebrium weapons, just lets you use higher level ones/add tenebrium damage to higher items.

So honestly, it's pretty worthless now.
>>
File: My original DOS character.png (637 KB, 449x682) Image search: [Google]
My original DOS character.png
637 KB, 449x682
>>315556479
You son of a bitch.

I made Blacker Dynamite for Enhanced Edition
>>
People on Steam say the new patch broke things so I won't install it yet
>>
Is it recommended to play the original or the rework?
Are there any major differences or would it be silly to play the original first and then the reworked?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.