[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Games that kucks on /v/ tricked you into not playing. This
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 32
File: 50950.jpg (2 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
50950.jpg
2 MB, 2880x1800
ITT: Games that kucks on /v/ tricked you into not playing.

This game is fucking GOAT
>>
File: destiny_ttk.jpg (28 KB, 760x405) Image search: [Google]
destiny_ttk.jpg
28 KB, 760x405
>best gunplay in gaming history
>addicting pve
>finally tons of things to do
>regular high end pvp events
>comfy raid
>GOAT art style and asthetics
>still growing
/v/ hated it from day one and to be honest, bungie fucked up some things, but they fixed almost every criticised aspect of the game and it's now safe to say that it's awesome.
>>
File: 523781_front.jpg (118 KB, 500x584) Image search: [Google]
523781_front.jpg
118 KB, 500x584
>>315380126
>>
>>315381028
>implying its not a steaming pile of shit

fuck hideous baka
>>
File: ps4_dmc.jpg (99 KB, 829x1024) Image search: [Google]
ps4_dmc.jpg
99 KB, 829x1024
>>315380126
Best game in the franchise
>>
>>315381094
>It's not Vesperia so it's shit!
Every time.
>>
>>315380923
still 30fps
>>
File: Destiny_20140921184246.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Destiny_20140921184246.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>315380923
It's pretty good but you just run out of stuff to do so quickly. Plus the PvP is beyond terrible.
>>
>>315381285
vesperia is okay
x2 is the best modern tales
>>
>>315381374
What's this, an opinion that doesn't suck on /v/?
>>
>>315380126
>listening to /v/
you have only yourself to blame
>>
File: dragon-age-2.jpg (44 KB, 530x288) Image search: [Google]
dragon-age-2.jpg
44 KB, 530x288
Oh I see how this works OP.

Best in the franchise
>>
>>315381359
depends on how much you play. i have still enough to do (KF HM, black spindle, no time to explain, two more classes, two more swords), also bungie seems to drop questlines now and them, let's see what they're up to in december.

pvp is a thing ... mostly i avoid it besides iron banner.
>>
File: ps4tlou.jpg (162 KB, 530x330) Image search: [Google]
ps4tlou.jpg
162 KB, 530x330
>>315380126
Oh yeah. That game kept on going longer than i thought. I was spooked and sad and happy and emotionally attached, and was faced with fair challenge the whole way through.

I think the moment when the giraffes show up is worth the price of admission

Then all i see here is about how overrated it is, but i can't find real discussion
>>
>>315381351
i'm playing halo 5 on 60fps and the difference is ... well, not worth the hype.
>>
>>315380126
agreed, it's very good and the multiplayer is great.
unlike the pile of shit that is uncharted.
>>
>>315381571
>Then all i see here is about how overrated it is, but i can't find real discussion
welcome to /v/. every critically acclaimed game MUST be shit, even if someone has to drag a pre-beta-screenshot out of an press archive to proof that it looks like shit.
>>
>>315381351
More like 20 on PS3, I couldn't fucking stand the beta for more than 15 minutes.
I may have just gotten used to 60 fps, but that beta wasn't 30 fps at ALL.
>>
File: 59f.png (295 KB, 680x602) Image search: [Google]
59f.png
295 KB, 680x602
>game
>>
File: 1396824975499.jpg (43 KB, 738x720) Image search: [Google]
1396824975499.jpg
43 KB, 738x720
>>315381592
I just bought Uncharted on ebay is it bad?
>>
>>315381707
>>315381591
I get used to 30fps pretty fast. Rage comes when already shitty frames drop even lower
>>
>>315380126
It's not the cinematic experience /v/ makes it out to be, at ALL, but it's so fucking overrated outside of /v/. The story isn't that great, it's a generic zombie game. But it's got gameplay, albiet rather generic shooter gameplay. I don't even understand where the meme of it being a moviegame came from.
>>
>>315381707
having destiny on ps3 and 365 was a stupid move because so many limitations have their roots there. i really hope they kill it off in year 3, i want 6 persons fireteams on patrol!
>>
File: Two_Worlds_II.jpg (41 KB, 256x320) Image search: [Google]
Two_Worlds_II.jpg
41 KB, 256x320
Oh we're having a shitty games thread?
>>
>>315381571
It's one of my favorite games. That being said, it is massively overrated. I really do love it for what it is, it's unforgettable, beautiful, visceral. All those stupid marketing terms that get slapped on every cinematic game actually apply to this one.

It is pretty cinematic. There's gameplay, of course, and it's fun as hell, but it's still very cinematic in its presentation and I love it for it. IMO it did it right. The way it's directed in that aspect is actually GOOD, the dialog is on-point and Druckman has an excellent economy of words, the man writes a good script.

The melee combat was balls-to-the-wall, the guns were brutal, the cordyceps was a terrifying and believable plague. It was great down to the last detail besides a lot of shit in the plot that could have been easily remedied by some editorial work, Druckmann needs to be checked, you can tell he really wasn't.

But you can't discuss the actual problems with the game because the threads get clogged with endless shitposting out of spite. Honestly, who gives a shit about the GOTY awards anyway? There are no official awards, it's a bunch of websights and magazines for fuck's sake. But because TLOU got a lot of praise, it had to be torn apart.

It's my game of the generation second maybe to Halo 3, but that's also just a personal choice as a long time Halo fan.
>>
Nfs2015 it's ok.
>>
>>315381571
>can't find real discussion
I once wrote a 35 post long essay on why I don't like The Last of Us. I don't know if I have any more discussion left in me.
>>
>>315381967
this. game has actually solid gameplay with occasional cut scenes. like a game should. not even remotely "cinematic experience".
>>
>>315381997
Is this a joke?
>>
>>315382090
The problem is that the 'solid gameplay' doesn't really feel like an honest attempt at gameplay to a lot of people and more like a Hollywood rollercoaster-style, pushing you forward movie than gameplay.

This is a hard thing to articulate but consider how Dead Rising and Resident Evil 4 play and then think of The Last of Us. You're constantly interrupted, pushed around by setpieces and generally driven forward. Naughty Dog dress things up as open but I generally felt like I was more or less being forced into exactly one option for most enemy encounters.
>>
>>315381738
don't listen to that faggot, Uncharted is great.
>>
>>315380923
I like destiny, but I don't like getting fucked by bungie
>>
File: No way fag.jpg (592 KB, 1240x918) Image search: [Google]
No way fag.jpg
592 KB, 1240x918
>>315381571
It's good, I enjoyed it too. OP calling it GOAT was just asking for people to shitpost about it but I think that was his intention.

If you were here in early 2013 you might remember that it was shitposted to hell before and after it's release. People also kept mentioning it in the same tier as Bioshock:Infinite which really had me booty bothered.

B:I deserved the shit it got, TLoU much less so.
>>
>>315381967
>>315382090
Why don't you guys hate this like like LOU?

Not only is the gameplay fucking god awful one of the worst I ever played but the story (only reason anyone likes it) is stupid nonsense with some zombie in it.
>>
>>315382481
Nah man it's the best game ever
>>
>>315381672
So you disagree with the point that gaming journalism is shit.
>>
>>315382218
I love RE5 and it doesn't make me feel anything negative about the way TLOU plays at all.

I love doing my Survivor (haven't played Grounded yet) mode batshit insane runs with no stealth, the gunplay in TLOU is fun, or I guess I was just pretending to have fun because I don't know any better.

When you step back from the /v/ culture, you'll understand that people like a lot of different kinds of games. The Last of Us blends a lot of storytelling about two characters with gameplay. It works for it, and changing it to be more like another game would not have improved it. It shouldn't have to follow another TPS' template to be accepted.

If you don't like it, that's fine. I don't like a lot of games that are probably pretty decent. I didn't get more than 20 minutes into Final Fantasy X because I got bored as hell, but I don't consider it bad. It's just really, really not up my alley.

I like a game that's more focused on presentation and storytelling once in a while. Fucking sue me. I also like action games, RPGs from East and West, and shooters. Every game is it's own thing, and while they can be compared against each other, they should be judged based on what they're trying to accomplish first.

TLOU was all about Ellie and Joel, and everything else about the entire project facilitates that. You can do a lot with videogames as a medium, to the point that mechanics aren't always going to be the focus of a project.
>>
>>315382481
Self-awareness.

DP is a shit game but plays with it and stretches your idea of what is enjoyable in videogames.

TLOU is a shit game but takes itself deadly seriously and struts around like its the best thing since sliced bread.

Obviously just my opinion. For the record TLOU had great multiplayer before they ruined it with P2W shit so there's obviously a decent game somewhere underneath all the guff.
>>
>>315382667
holy shit, are you me?
>>
>>315382481
never played it. don't project.
>>
>>315382667
I don't hate the game and I finished it on Grounded (way too easy but that's an issue for another thread).

No /v/ culture talking, I have thought the issue over way more than anybody should have and I independently reached the conclusion that The Last of Us isn't that good. Naughty Dog tried to focus on storytelling and presentation and there's nothing inherently wrong with that, but I don't think they did a particularly good job of it.

As a stand alone story, completely strip it of any comparisons to other video games or similar zombie media, I think The Last of Us is okay. There is plenty of worse stuff out there but I don't think it's particularly strong.

As a game focused on storytelling I dislike it rather strongly. Video games are a young and weird medium so I can understand why so many people have trouble getting a point across with any impact but that doesn't make ineffective efforts any more sympathetic to me. The go to method for being taken seriously as a storyteller in video games seems to be to ape other mediums, since gaming journalists are 99% failures who couldn't even out-culture /tv/ this is enough to get wide praise and then marketing does the rest.

I'm forgetting where I was going with this so maybe if you want more discourse list specific examples of things you like about The Last of Us so I have something to go off of.
>>
>>315382481

Honestly, I like absolutely nothing about DP but the characters.

Gameplay is shit, story is silly, performance and graphics are awful, but most of the characters and their interactions are fantastic.

And there's a uniqueness to DP's quirkiness as well, not many other games would have the balls to have a rape joke right in the middle of a dead serious scene. That sort of shit. They make you appreciate the game more than it probably deserves to be.
>>
>>315381374
boredom and /v/ convinced me not to play x2
i also hadn't finished x1 anyways
I like zestiria, something tells me I won't like x2
>>
File: 1400736417599.jpg (46 KB, 335x475) Image search: [Google]
1400736417599.jpg
46 KB, 335x475
>>315380923
Picked it up this weekend anon, holy shit I love the immersion and deseign on that game.

11/10 would give my money to Bungie again.
>>
>>315381592
whether or not you like the campaigns is take it or leave it. personally, i like all of them.

MP in uncharted 2 before the 1.05 patch was GOAT. ND decided to fuck it all up then and keeps fucking with something that was perfect despite EVERYONE telling them to just quit it.
>>
>>315380126
Mario 3D World

/v/ told me it was a soulless cash in and out was like being given a prescription for a solid dose of fun.
>>
>>315382582
no, but just they say a game is great does not mean it's automatically shit and vice versa. that's plain stupid thinking.
>>
File: Nice Starting Point.webm (3 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Nice Starting Point.webm
3 MB, 900x506
>>315383028

Grounded was fucking bullshit anyhow.

I platinumed The Last of Us, but damn there were tons of problems with the way it played.

I mean the characters, and interactions were great, and the gunplay and multiplayer was fun, but the fact the AI always targeted you, the fact clickers seemed to know where you were even if you were slowly crouch walking and could hide behind walls and ambush you once you stepped beside them and shit like webm related that just killed you even though it's the starting point of that section.

Don't get me wrong. I liked The Last of Us. The first playthrough was really great, but it seems like it was catered for that first playthrough. Playing the game on Normal is challenging and lets you go at your own pace, but once you go on Grounded the AI becomes retarded and shit just doesn't go your way.

Honestly, I just want to post some of my webm's
>>
>>315381184
This triggers me
>>
>>315381184
Kek, I tried it for the first time recently and it is as shit as they say.

-Too many cutscenes including unskippable ones and "micro" cutscenes - we don't need to waste our time watching Dante's reaction every time a door closes or 3 new enemies spawn.

-Too many platforming sections which are easy as shit but obnoxious.

-Too much one-way horseshit (see above about closing doors). We really shouldn't need to replay a mission to get some item because of a door closing, a one-way hole, or some demon magic destroying a road or sealing a wall. Thought you could reset from checkpoint? Think again, fucker, the checkpoint got updated after the micro-cutscene, and you now just got docked a lot of points for even trying.

-I kind of like the heaven/hell trigger switching, but it destroyed the lock-on system. Now, there is always lock on removing player control, moves are therefore no longer contextually activated (ex: Kick 13/Stinger were lock on attacks), and those moves greatly suffer as a result (activating Stinger now sucks ass and can even be done on accident).

-Bosses are not exciting; their movesets kind of suck ass, and they are too based around tricks/sequences. And, they only come every 5 missions or so. Sure, there is less repetition, but now it is just a barren wasteland with an occasional shitty scripted boss fight once in a while.
>>
>>315383713
Oh, and FUCK the post processing. I can't see shit, cap'n.
>>
>>315383028
Divorce story from plot. TLOU is the story of two characters, and the plot is basically just one big setup for their development. The scripting has a fantastic economy of words and dialog always feels more or less just right; characters say just enough, and they say it in a way that makes it seem very believable even though it's unrealistically minimalist. Like a stoic's approach to dialog, Cormac Mcarthy style.

The characters are drawn western style. You know what's relevant to their development about them, but without long codex entries or exposition about their lives. With Joel, you see him lose his daughter, and everything else about him is inferred from his words and actions. Ellie is a dynamic character that goes from a complete blank to a beloved lead by the end of the game, once again purley through her words and actions.

It's just the kind of story that I like. Stories are fickle that way. TLOU has a barebones plot, with richly developed characters that are put through hell on a journey that leads to a situation where a man refuses to lose his daughter twice. The whole thing is quiet, understated, and causes all sorts of philosophical butthurt over Joel's decisions.

And to boot, it's all set to one of the finest vidya scores I've ever had the pleasure of hearing, which, just like the game, is understated acoustic whispers until the very end punctuates the credits with a lonely, electric wail.

Honestly I've typed so many analysis of TLOU that I'm sick of explaining, no offense to you. Storytelling is a complicated thing in itself, much more painstaking than most people realize. And, to sound like a douche, as a hobbyist writer, I really respect the way that the whole thing came together.
>>
>>315383524
I played through on Grounded my first time through because I guessed the game would be easy as shit because normalfaggots like it so much. It obviously wasn't designed with Grounded in mind but with some creativity it can be made easy. Stealth doesn't seem particularly hard on Grounded so crouch-sprinting around choking people to death within a metre of each other is always a valid option. Also the ai is so potato that you can win a lot of encounters just by running around in circles until you can isolate an individual enemy and punch them to death.
>>
File: 1445325177293.jpg (68 KB, 600x801) Image search: [Google]
1445325177293.jpg
68 KB, 600x801
>>315382836
>TLOU is a shit game but takes itself deadly seriously and struts around like its the best thing since sliced bread.

To be honest I don't think that the game itself gave you any impression that it thinks highly of itself, that was more of a journalist thing. See http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HypeBacklash (Don't get lost in there nigga!)

It did take itself seriously but the vast majority of the things that happen in that game are serious.

whether or not its a shit game is matter opinion. I don't think its shit in anyway but I don't think its the greatest of all time. The thing with the last of us is that it told a good, emotionally compelling story, but you can do that in any medium. Don't get me wrong, there are absolutely things that you can do in a video game to convey story that you can't do in other media like books or film, but in my opinion, what you are digesting at the end of the day is a videogame and so you should really hold gameplay above all else when you get right down to it. The game is a TPS with stealth mechanics and crafting. In my opinion, the gameplay is solid, but its close to the bottom of the barrel in regards to the coolest things you can do in vidya.

In the end, TLoU is a great experience, one that you should for sure recommend to your normie friends, but as far as videogames for videogames' sakes goes, its not the greatest of all time or anything like that.
>>
>>315383780
I get the feeling you like the idea of reading but don't actually read much.

Now that that's out of the way I don't like Joel or Ellie. Not as in I find them detestable as characters, I just think they're shit. Ellie bugged me because I felt like the game was trying too hard to endear her to me while Joel was just banal. I think the only time a daughter related plot in a video game has gotten any kind of reaction out of me is when I played NieR, that game through sheer autistic experimentation did enough to grab my attention and hold it but the way it handled the central conflict at the end was also very strong and clever.

The Last of Us just had me thinking "what kind of faggot gets excited over this?" I didn't come up with that now to insult you, that was my real reaction. It felt like they were out to impress someone and I wasn't their audience.
>>
>>315383796

I played Grounded with a mind that the AI would actually be somewhat competent and the game wouldn't try to cheat me, but both times I was wrong. I learnt this on my second playthrough and was able to finish the game in a day or two as opposed to a week.

For me the AI would find odd ways to kill me. I remember having to restart massive sections multiple times due to one dude seeing me and alerting the whole base to my existence, and other times where they would just find weird and annoying ways to kill me.

It's been a while since I finished it, but I just remember there being some really bullshit things that occurred when I played it.
>>
>>315383780
I would also say that the soundtrack is a big part of why I liked it as much as I did, dat sweet, sweet guitar mang.
>>
>>315382125
Oh shit, don't tell me you actually liked Two Worlds 2, xfd
>>
>>315384094
>I get the feeling you like the idea of reading but don't actually read much.

Bitch don't even. I'm published, fuck you.

But, on topic, sounds like it just isn't up your alley. I like Westerns, survival stories, and dig Cohen Bro's style. TLOU was the kind of story I'd enjoy from the beginning. I also love Nier BTW.
>>
>>315384329
Of course I did
Are you confusing it with Two Worlds 1?
>>
>>315384367
>I'm published, fuck you.
http://www.amazon.com/Taken-T-Rex-Dinosaur-Erotica-Christie-ebook/dp/B00FI9JFFO
>>
File: 0110.png (76 KB, 750x410) Image search: [Google]
0110.png
76 KB, 750x410
Fairly recent but it's still true
>>
>>315384198
The AI let me down as well now that I reflect on it. If it was like that first E3 gameplay demo I would have no complaints.

I was pleasantly surprised however to find that enemies that you knock down cower just like in that gameplay demo if you point a weapon at them.
>>
>>315384241
God yes. I have to say it pretty much made the game. If it had a different OST, I wouldn't have taken to it. Gustoavo Santaolalla is the real hero of that game.

It's like audio porn. Every scene has the exact music it needs to work. The Giraffes, David's end, the credits, the fucking transition between Summer and Fall. It all works because of the music.

>>315384450
Ah shit, you found me.
>>
File: Retarded Brick.webm (3 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Retarded Brick.webm
3 MB, 900x506
>>315384527

Yeah, there were a few interesting moments, such as you could grab an enemy with an empty gun and they'd still act like it was loaded if they don't know you have no bullets left.

I remember using it once to escape to another room and then smash someone over the head with a brick as he ran in to that room.
>>
File: 1324281874747.jpg (55 KB, 465x393) Image search: [Google]
1324281874747.jpg
55 KB, 465x393
>>315384367
>I'm published,
>>
>>315384384
No, I never played the first but the second was rancid asshole peelings
>>
>>315381184
I'm still mad
>>
>>315381738
3 is best, can't wait for 4
>>
>>315384624
>that webm
u wot
>>
File: no country llewelyn moss.jpg (208 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
no country llewelyn moss.jpg
208 KB, 500x365
>>315383780
>Cormac Mcarthy style
Shoot, i'm now realizing a lot of the game was triggering the same feelings as pic related and Blood Meridian.

Now that i think about it, a lot of the reason the presentation stuck with me was the use of pure silence. Like, you feel so alone in this fractured world scrambling for a purpose that even the soundtrack-god has abandoned you. Then as soon as there's an emotional connection

Do u have a blog or any compiled analcysts about TLOU?

>>315384094
>The Last of Us just had me thinking "what kind of faggot gets excited over this?"
Me! Me!
The only synopsis i'd heard suggested that joel & ellie would have to make soul-crushing moral choices in their fight to survive, and i was kind of let down by how rarely that happened. Sure there's the big ending which certainly counts, but i was expecting they would have all sorts of smaller moral dilemmas along the way which turned them into broken-down human husks and the player would get to feel the weight of making those choices. For instance, Spielberg's 2005 War of the Worlds has a sequence where an unstable creepy stranger helps tom cruise & his daughter hide from invading aliens - and tom cruise debates whether to preemptively slice up creepy guy while he's asleep to protect the girl.

Instead the most traumatic thing along the journey (if i remember) is ellie hacking up a guy's face with a machete - except it was purely in self-defense so the morality of it wasn't the disturbing part

>>315384624
>you could grab an enemy with an empty gun
My gameplay highlight was grabbing a Firefly to blow his brains out point blank out of pure rage, and instead i get a "click" - i didn't notice i had no ammo left. Very awkward
>>
File: Magic Hands Joel.webm (1 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Magic Hands Joel.webm
1 MB, 900x506
>>315385568

Grounded difficulty.

>>315385569

It's worse when you have used a brick in a fight but it didn't break. Since bricks has a limit of three hits, and sometimes you can do just enough damage that hitting them with a brick kills them in one hit, you'll still have your brick, although with one less hit.

So when I go up to hit someone, I hit them twice and then my brick is gone and they're on the floor ready to get back up once I've stopped hitting them and I'm wondering what the fuck happened to my brick.
>>
>>315385569
>My gameplay highlight was grabbing a Firefly to blow his brains out point blank out of pure rage

How many of you niggas murdered those doctors?

Personally, the game had gotten an emotional reaction out of me on my first playthrough, which I applaud it for, so I was so amped up and in "DON'T YOU DARE KILL MY ADOPTED DAUGHTER UNDER THE QUESTIONABLE PRETENSE OF FINDING A CURE" mode that I immediately emptied my assault rifle into them as soon as I got to the operating room and didn't think to see if maybe I didn't have to do that.
>>
>>315385759
>that curveball
>>
>>315385569
>but i was expecting they would have all sorts of smaller moral dilemmas along the way which turned them into broken-down human husks

It was more of a crushing loneliness the whole time through. Tess left, Henry and Sam left, the path from Boston to Colorado kept forcing them along and leaving them alone.

It's a kind of setting where each mile you cover leaves you with one less feeling about it. Your friends thin out, your supplies thin out, civilization is gone, the world is quiet, and the only reason you keep walking is your own goddamned intentions. Obligations are all gone, the noise of a bustling world is gone, there's just silence, and danger, and whatever keeps you going.

God I love the transition from Summer to Fall. You see what happens but there's no reaction. There's no scene of Henry and Sam being buried, there's no Joel talking to her about it, it just rolls along to the next leg of the journey, with that solemn goddamned OST punctuating it.

And no, I don't have a blog or anything, I did most of my long ass analysis on reddit because the sub for TLOU was really nice when it started out. It's garbage now, of course, but a couple months after the game came out it was great for discussion.
>>
File: 1440917900063.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1440917900063.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>315385759
>>315386016
top kek
>>
File: Are they blind or something.webm (3 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Are they blind or something.webm
3 MB, 900x506
>>315386007

For some reason my game wouldn't let me pick Ellie up until I killed the surgeons. It was really brutal as well since I think there was a button prompt and Joel would usually stab them or something.
>>
>>315386313
If you try to ignore or push past them IIRC they try to physically stop you. I like to burn them with the flame thrower.
>>
>>315386313
This is pissing me off since I've always wondered if I could go back and take them on. I always figured they'd perforate me instantly if I waited around.
>>
>>315380126
You're supposed to always do the opposite of what /v/ say anon.
>>
File: Thank you Ellie.webm (2 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Thank you Ellie.webm
2 MB, 900x506
>>315386412

Yeah, one of them brandishes a Scalpel at you, and the other two just cower near the walls, but I still had to kill them to pick Ellie up.

>>315386476

Actually, when I went back up the stairs, they were all facing the opposite way in a firing line and instakilled Joel, so I don't think you could take them on.
>>
>>315386412
I think you're correct actually now that I remember. you definitely have to kill the first one (the one that'll threaten you with the scalpel) but after you do that I believe the other two just cower in the corner. Either way, I murdered all three of the fuckers.
>>
>>315386562
Does anyone remember when one of the patches fucked up melee so that in the campaign your board/bat/pipe swings would just phase through your enemy?

It got so annoying that I uninstalled the fucking patch until they fixed it.
>>
>>315386313
I've never gone back to look at Tess' body before, intredasting.

>the cops don't see you
I'm not particularly surprised
>>
>>315386562
kek, these webms are gold, anon.
>>
>>315383713
The definitive edition fixes the lock on though didnt it?
>>
File: Ragdolls.webm (2 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Ragdolls.webm
2 MB, 900x506
>>315386693

No, but I do remember some shitty melee combat that killed me when it shouldn't have.

>>315386719

There was a slight "detection" noise but it went away when they all ran up the stairs.

I didn't check on Tess's body, but I should've to see if the game would've let me.

>>315386821

You've got the share button to thank for that. Without that button I would've never taken any of these.
>>
>>315380126
Metro Last Light

LINEAR FPS CAMPAIGNS ARE INHERENTLY BAD BECAUSE CALL OF DUTY AND BIOSHOCK INFINITE
-/v/ every time a linear game is mentioned
>>
File: 6346575676567.jpg (9 KB, 191x263) Image search: [Google]
6346575676567.jpg
9 KB, 191x263
>listening to /v/
>>
File: Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_cover.jpg (78 KB, 256x320) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_cover.jpg
78 KB, 256x320
everyone always says this is the worst GTA for some reason. so i avoided it for a while...now its one of my favorites
>>
File: Infinity% MAD.gif (228 KB, 299x440) Image search: [Google]
Infinity% MAD.gif
228 KB, 299x440
>>315386824
Part of me wants to play the definitive edition to see how much less shit it is than the the original release, but I imagine I'll be just as disappointed.

>they let you damage the color-coded enemies with any weapons now, but if they aren't the correct colors they won't stagger so you are still effectively limited to two weapons
Fuck that. Who the FUCK proposed that idea and how the FUCK was it greenlit to be put in the game as good addition to the mechanics.
>>
>>315380126
>the last of us
>This game is fucking GOAT

Things turbo plebs say
>>
>>315387185
Iintially I thought the same, but then I found that you can't STAGGER them. You can still toss them around, do air combos, and so on. It still makes things considerably better.
>>
>>315386562
>skull explosion
I'm not a gore expert or anything but that doesn't seem right. Like i imagine joel in his 30s doing a three stooges routine where he bonks his friends heads together and they just vaporize into pink mist. Likes something out of Of Mice and Men. Maybe thats why his wife left him

Was it a squishy-headed zombie death animation that they accidentally recycled?

>>315386208
You just keep nailing it. Any links or mirrors to your full posts??

>>315386883
>You've got the share button to thank for that. Without that button I would've never taken any of these.
I just checked my saved video caps and all i have is some guy getting shot in the face (during the sniper rifle tripod bit) and flying ten feet to the right instead
>>
>>315387459
Also, the most specific thing i could find while researching was pic related. Go figure
>>
>>315387114
cops and crooks was awesome
>>
File: Needs a filename.webm (3 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Needs a filename.webm
3 MB, 900x506
>>315387459

It was probably to show MASSIVE DAMAGE or something, I mean the zombies could be fungi so their skulls have become weak or something stupid like that.
>>
>but then I found that you can't STAGGER them. You can still toss them around, do air combos, and so on. It still makes things considerably better.

Hmm? I'm trying to find footage of people hitting the fuckers with the wrong color weapons but everyone is just hitting them with the correct ones so I can't confirm this

>tfw in the very first video I looked at regarding the colored enemies, as soon as Donte killed the last enemy in the room, a small little cutscene played where he looked at the wall and the wall proceeded to say "FUCK YOU DANTE"
Fuck, I forget how edgy this game is
>>
>>315387327
This, from what ive heard the def edition fixes almost every gameplay mechanic people bitched about
>>
>>315387852
woops, meant to reply to >>315387327
>>
>>315387114
its a good game but its nothing like GTA. gta is about being stupid fun and not taking things to seriously. The dark theme and lack of humor really killed it, plus the driving was horrible and there was barely any customisation, couldnt even tune your car. It was a good game but it wasnt like other GTA's thats why many people disliked it.
>>
>>315388128
>lack of humor
As a slav, hearing Nico yelling slurred insults said by an english voice actor in my language had me rolling off my ass laughing. Admittedly that's just for me, though.
>>
>>315387824
The cordyceps growth in their skull slowly splits it, so I think their noggins might be a little sensitive.
>>
>>315388236
>STAY DOWN!
nico was kind of funny though, but the game took itself too seriously to be a fun and light GTA
>>
>>315388243

Probably, the infection wasn't explained in a lot of detail, so I guess we're assume it's similar to the real life version with ants.
>>
>>315381738
You will have fun. They are fun games, and we know most the people here hate fun. Hell, I hesitate to even call them people.
>>
File: 1402465317587.jpg (193 KB, 1284x822) Image search: [Google]
1402465317587.jpg
193 KB, 1284x822
>>315380126
>TLoShit
>GOAT
Is neogaf raiding /vee/ again?
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.