[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't LBX receive the push from Nintendo that Yokai
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: LBX_3ds.jpg (113 KB, 640x586) Image search: [Google]
LBX_3ds.jpg
113 KB, 640x586
Why didn't LBX receive the push from Nintendo that Yokai Watch is getting?

It's a pretty good game, and I would have thought fighting robots would be something that you could easily sell in the west
>>
I've been thinking about picking up this game, sometime after I get Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon and Yokai Watch.

Is it worth getting?
>>
>>315379312
I've enjoyed it. Didn't pay that much attention to sidequests my first time through, but the story lasted me about 25 hours or so, and i'm working through NG+ now.
There's a lot of side and end game content, and customization.

Combat isn't that deep, but it's servicable. I'd recommend it.
>>
>>315379207
Level-5 dropped the series like Little Boy on Japan as soon as it stopped selling as much as they wanted. The company is run by focus groups.
>>
>>315379207
If only it had online... they seriously dropped the ball with that decision.
>>
Is this edgy Medabots?
>>
>>315380731
Now that I think of it, none of the LBX games had online battles. Wonder why they were so against it during its lifespan.

Still, the decision to host the anime on only Nicktoons probably killed any chance of popularity, especially when the plot got butchered down to 26 censored episodes
>>
>>315380771
Not edgy, but the plot goes over the top at a lot of points.
>>315379312
If you like robots doing robot things go for it.
>>
>>315379207
Because it's shovelware from 2009 psp era
>>
File: 1443359066201.gif (362 KB, 475x347) Image search: [Google]
1443359066201.gif
362 KB, 475x347
>grind level up a bit in one area
>fight someone
>wear full tanky gear
>enemy does fuckhuge damage to me
>my attacks do very little
>check gear again
>have advantage against the opponent in both weapons and armour
I never got why the fuck that kept happening
>>
>>315382434
the AI is kinda dumb, so they're buffed to do more damage to you
>>
File: lbx.jpg (478 KB, 680x1000) Image search: [Google]
lbx.jpg
478 KB, 680x1000
>>315379207
I think it takes itself to seriously which is what makes it inferior to Medabots

>WE HAVE TO SAVE THE PRESIDENT
>using our tiny 4 inch tall robots
>>
>>315383457
That girl in Hanz's group was a qt.
Shame she didn't get more screen time
>>
>>315382434
The hardest battle in the entire game for me was seriously the very first battle when you get your own LBX frame with the fucker with a Dozer. Had no idea why the fucker can kill you so quickly in the first actual battle in the game.

Then I realized it's because you can combo and air juggle enemies using the spear for as long as you have the stamina, and it pretty much fucks the shit of anyone in the game.
>>
This is vapid shounen trash made to sell toys. Custom Robo is infinitely better.

Also this came out in Japan in 2000 fucking 12. These people literally sold you scraps. With zero online to boot.

Keep telling yourselves it's good, though.
>>
It only made me wish there was a 3DS custom robo because it would be better than this
>>
>>315385635
Sorry you are in capable of having fun namefag...

It's pretty fun, easy going rpg with a lot of robot customisation, tek the story with a pinch of salt and yoll have fun. Lack of online is the only real downer to it.
>>
>>315380841
>Now that I think of it, none of the LBX games had online battles. Wonder why they were so against it during its lifespan.
Because the games shit themselves just in single player, at least the Japanese versions. I heard the framerate doesn't halve with six LBXes on the field in the localized version of Baku Boost so maybe you guys don't see the issue.
>>
>>315383671
His dozer also has super armour on its melee attacks which I don't think you find out for a while so using your 4 hit polearm string can get you interrupted easily.
Terrible early fight.
>>
File: lbx.jpg (197 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lbx.jpg
197 KB, 1280x720
Also physical model kit toys with duff stickers!
>>
>>315379207
Don't care about this.
I just want Medabots.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.