[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Divinity Original Sin EE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
I don't understand this game.
I spent 3 hours investigating the murder of Councillor Jake
Now i have to find Evelyn after she ran away.
Apparently i have to go north, my entire party is level 4, i did every sidequest i could find in Cyseal, yet when i go to the east/north/west gates all the gate keepers say that while i have enough people in my party my experience is lacking, and that my level is too low.

I ignored the warning and proceeded to get my ass beaten by hordes of undead. Where the hell am i supposed to go?

Also Divinity thread
>>
If I remember correctly, you're supposed to go through 6 o'clock gate (the one slightly further than beach one). If you still get your shit beaten, draw enemies to the gates and have guards help your scrub ass, or just kill a few and run from the battle. It's advised to do EVERYTHING in Cyseal, otherwise you're in for some bad times later on.
>>
Go through the gate next to the Mortician's house to get to the lighthouse, do the Expedition Lighthouse quest first, explore the area west of Cyseal (not the beach next to the harbor).
From that area, you can get to the cave that leads to the beach where Evelyn's hideout is.
>>
How are the console ports? I cant get OS on my pc since i moved house and have no broadband, and wouldnt mind getting comfy and playing it on my couch
>>
>>315379868
It's annoying to manage your inventory with a controller, especially in a game where that was already a little tedious with a mouse, but it's playable.
>>
>>315378950
Play Divine Divinity instead
>>
>>315379931
Thats alright, as long as it doesnt run like ass then the inventory doesnt really concern me
>>
>>315380014
>replace good turn based gameplay with really shitty Diablo gameplay
Why the fuck would you EVER tell someone to do that?
>>
>>315379868
Game is completely broken on console simply because you can't change your formation.
>>
EE added some new item types and skills, did it add any new spells?

I thought Witchcraft was awesome but underwhelming.

Also, how viable is the new dual-wielding for melee types?
>>
>>315380243
Is that while in battle?
>>
>>315380243
What are you talking about?
>>
>>315380416
What do you mean what am i talking about?
You can't change your formation on the console version of the game and if you play with gamepad on PC
>>
File: 1427216487619.jpg (24 KB, 387x461) Image search: [Google]
1427216487619.jpg
24 KB, 387x461
>>315380141
OS is boring as fuck though. Fuck, even BeyDiv kept my attention for longer and managed to do the double protagonist thing better.
>>
>>315380505
That wouldnt make it unplayable?
>>
Anyne beat the game on tactician mode with 2 lone wolf character or is close to beating it?
I'm doing full wizard + Twohander melee but I'm getting my ass kicked. Everyone has something to cc me and they have shit ton of ressurection scrolls.

I just beat the lighthouse boss after 2nd try cause I was lucky I guess, but every fight that suprises me usually fucks me up.
>>
>>315380619
You need to raise your Bodybuilding and Willpower.
>>
>>315378950
http://imgur.com/a/uK4zS#0
This should help.
>>
>>315380505
No, seriously, what the fuck are you talking about? If you're talking about being able to link and unlink your characters, yes you can do that and it's not even remotely difficult. Anything that's not that is totally irrelevant.
>>
>>315378950
It begins :^)
>>
>>315380780
No, i said you can't change your formation.
Do you know what a formation is?
>>
>>315380853
Formations are almost completely irrelevant to beating the game. It's not unplayable by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
>>315380647
is there anything else for a warrior on abilites to pick? not sure if Marksman or scoundrel have good stuff.
Or would I just go Bodybuiding, Willpower, Man-at-Arms + some Weapons skill that I want.
>>
Anyone know where I can get Bloodletting? I remember the lady in the top of the Inn having it, but she never has it in her inventory.
>>
>>315380563
No anon, you just have ADD.
>>
>>315380909
I sure feel like just turning the game off and never revisiting it when my melee characters run into my back rows, while my casters stand in front and i have to waste an entire turn to reposition them before i can even start engaging in combat.
>>
>>315380910
Okay, off of the top of my head, Aerotheurge 1 is the best dip because it allows you to get Thunder Jump, Winds of Change, and Teleportation, which aren't reliant on Intelligence to function and give you extra mobility/utility. Everything outside of that is largely irrelevant.
>>
File: 1428590481504.jpg (133 KB, 728x636) Image search: [Google]
1428590481504.jpg
133 KB, 728x636
>>315380986
Did you even get past Aleroth catacombs senpai?
>>
>>315381076
Yes, now kill yoyrself.
>>
When in doubt remove black spots on your world map
>>
Is it true that magic damage becomes fucking garbage later on because every single enemy gets insane elemental resistances?

Also, do abilities benefit at all from dual wielding melee weapos or does all the damage scale from your main hand?
>>
>>315381064
Would you say one hander and shield is must have for this difficulty or is it doabloe with Twohander? 2 lone wolfs though

Also, are wands OP as fuck? I'm just using 1 and his attacks are better than any of my abilites.
>>
>>315381652
Sword and board isn't a must have, but it's nice and is at least competitive with 2H in terms of contribution now.

Wands stop being OP very quickly. The only reason they're amazing in the early game is because you don't have the spells that fuck enemies over while also doing damage.
>>
>>315381652
the scale less the higher lvl you are
but for beginning theyre pretty op
>>
>>315381635
>because every single enemy gets insane elemental resistances?
There are spells that lower enemy elemental resistances.
>>
File: 1396319591548.png (92 KB, 444x440) Image search: [Google]
1396319591548.png
92 KB, 444x440
>>315380563
>preferring BeDi over DiOS
>>
Do grenades scale with any stat, like STR or DEX? How could I build a grenadier?
>>
>>315382568
you can't. they're more for utility
>>
so as a magic user should i be using one want or two? or a staff? what are the pros and cons?
>>
>>315382782
2 wands if you dual wield, a staff if you don't - staves can have stat bonuses long before wands can, especially if you have a crafter.
>>
>>315378950
Combat is pretty brutal if you don't know what you are doing. Rain + shock wands is a broken combination if you are running a mage

>>315380619
I played through the original game as 2 lone wolf mages, currently doing the same with EE. I stopped playing fairly early one, not due to difficulty or anything but due to the fact the chests seem to be bugged.

Every chest I loot contains a wand, bracers coins and a resurrect scroll.
>>
>>315380563
Beyond Divinity is a game that Swen Vincke basically called a cash grab to give them enough money to continue existing as a studio. Essentially, it was terrible.
>>
>>315382902
do you think the point investment into dual wield is worth it?
>>
>>315382782
Dual wield 2 wands, one fire, one air.

That way you can electrify puddles for permastun, or set fire for damage, smokescreen, and forcing enemy movement.

Wands never miss, and you can aim at the area behind an enemy to hit them if you can't see them through smoke.
>>
>>315383182
For melee characters, yes, for wizards no. Wands are cool and all but by the time you get enough to dual wield wands and attack at 3 AP, you've got spells that can do a whole lot more than just do damage. You don't need points in dual wield to use dual wielded wands as stat/spell sticks, either.
>>
>>315382782
If you're going to build a caster type character i'd recommend completely ignoring weapon skills and focus on developing the schools of magic. By level 10 you will have quite the arsenal of spells, and you'll just wear the weapons for stats.
>>
>>315382948
What would you say are the best talents? Seems to me that those +1 Attribute or Immune to Mute are completly worthless. I can just trade 1 Talent points for 10 Attribute points, meaning 4 levels of Willpower which gives alot more or 2 Attribute points.
Opportunist, Far Out Man and PetPal seem to be the only good ones currently imo.
>>
How the fuck do i get closer to enemies before engaging in combat?

Usually enemies initiate combat when i'm still an entire screen away and it completely fucks over my melee characters and more often than not i also have to reposition my casters before i can do anything.

When i sneak all my characters except the one sneaking stay in one place. Am i actually supposed to move every single character individually up to the enemies before every single encounter?
>>
>>315386149
>melee characters and more often than not i also have to reposition my casters before i can do anything
Use formations
>When i sneak all my characters except the one sneaking stay in one place. Am i actually supposed to move every single character individually up to the enemies before every single encounter?
Use sneak on every character so sneak as a group.
If you don't want to do that then yes, you're going to have to move them all individually.
Remember that you can see the enemies' cones of vision while sneaking.
>>
>>315386030
>1 Talent points for 10 Attribute points
Why are you playing the original release instead of the EE?
Or did you mod that back in after it was changed to 1:1 ratio in EE?

And it's ability points, not attribute points.
>>
>>315386382
I am using formations. Doesn't change the fact that i'm often at least an entire screen away from the enemies with my entire party when they initiate combat.
>>
>>315386518
Oh I havnt that part in EE yet I was just assuming it was the same. Is it 1 Talent point for 1 Ability point then`? That would make some talents stronger than I thought,
>>
>>315386539
Use cover to get closer. Buildings, trees, smoke grenades/arrows
>>
Why would you waste your time on OS when Pillars of eternity exist?
>>
>>315386698
It's 1:1 now instead of 1:10 which means the +1 attribute and +2 ability point talents are actually worth taking now.
>>
>>315386843
Well time to reroll, this fucks up my build!
>>
>>315386843
What talents would you reccomend for 2 Lone Wolf Tacticion playthough? 1 melee 1 wizard.
>>
Does lone wolf only take effect if the character that has lone wolf is split from the rest of the party?

And if not, is there any reason to not make at least 1 character lone wolf, since your other character can hire 2 companions if you do that?
>>
>>315387531

I find Zombie pretty damn good on a melee/tank. And for wizard you need far out man. Everything else is gravy.
>>
So which part of Luculla first? Last time I did Hilberheim last and was severely outleveled. Should I do it first? Currently level 11.

>>315380619
Res scrolls on enemies? I havent encountered a single enemy with a res scroll yet.

Sometimes I feel like the game bugged out and even though I have it set to Tactician its way to easy consindering I am using retarded role-play builds.
>>
>>315387697
One character can only hire one person. It makes no sense bu tit just werks like this
>>
>>315387351
Just respec with the CheatEngine table.

The start of the game is so dull it's not worth doing again just to reroll.
>>
>>315386804
Shit bait.
>>
>>315387876
>lvl 11
Yes, go to Hibernheim.
>>
>>315387893
What

I've been told that if you take Lone Wolf on only 1 character, your other character will be able to hire 2.
>>
>>315389190
That's also wrong.
>>
>>315389650
So if you have a single lone wolf character, you will be able to have a total of 3 party members, right
>>
>>315389880
Yes.
>>
>>315387917
Would you say crafting and Blacksmithing is worth it?
>>
>>315391113
Blacksmithing yes if you have anything approximating a melee character. Crafting yes period, it's extremely powerful if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>315391319
>if you know what you're doing.
And what would that be?
>>
My current party is a 2H guy, an Earth/Fire/Witch mage, the NPC mage (Air/Water/Crafting) and the Rogue (Sneaky shit and Daggers).

But I have so many special arrows I am thinking of respeccing the dagger guy to bows. He's still level 3 the way I found him, but we'll soon go to level 4 I hope. Should I start shifting his skills or is it too late?
>>
>>315392340
Also if I only leave my 2H guy up front in melee (with maybe a summon to help) will he get shrekt in fights? It's already kinda hard I went down to the cave in the cemetery and with all the effects he caught fire and nearly died twice
>>
>>315392120
Using essences to buff up weapons if you use them, armor if you don't for free elemental resistances, and gaining free Sneak points with void/shadow essences. In EE you can craft grenades with essences too.

Using nine inch nails on your party's boots so ice no longer makes you slip, plus being able to craft boots that give you movement speed increases.

Using Tormented Souls to buff up primary stats and sextants to buff up Perception if you're using a bow.

Crafting stat boosting equipment(belts, rings, necklaces, robes, staves, weapons) FAR in advance of when you're capable of acquiring them without massive rarity jumps(which is much less likely in EE due to the added rarity).

>>315392340
Don't do that, special arrows don't require archery investment to use and it takes awhile for rogues to take off so keeping them as an archer without investing stats/skills is fine.
>>
>>315392616
That fight in particular is really shitty for melee. Melee characters, especially Madora, are durable enough to take most of what's thrown at them but that doesn't mean you can be suicidal with them.
>>
>>315392702
>Don't do that, special arrows don't require archery investment to use
But if he doesn't have the bow equipped he'll have to waste a turn just to put it on before firing the arrows, right?
>>
>>315392803
I don't mean swapping to bows when you're not using your daggers, I mean straight up not using daggers at all until they come into their own. An Archer with Scoundrel skills can shit out CC like nothing else in the early game.

IMO that only happens when you start getting to Luculla Forest and that's one of the things I think EE fucked up on compared to the original game.
>>
>>315382948
How have you got your mages specced? Water and air on one and fire and earth on the other?
>>
>>315393050
O-Oh so just fuck daggers altogether until I'm higher level
>>
Started playing last night. Went with a fighter/enchanter combo but I'm thinking about rerolling fighter/ranger (I always play warrior/fighter in RPGs)

Which one do you think would be better?
>>
Got to the Braccus Rex fight on tactician and managed it first try with a 2-mage-2-ranger party.

I was really expecting to get my shit clobbered, but then again, when I did it on normal on the original DOS I had 2 melee lone wolf characters...
>>
File: 1365812965578.jpg (23 KB, 411x292) Image search: [Google]
1365812965578.jpg
23 KB, 411x292
What do I do with old items?
Someone said soap & key = lockpick but I have no soap.
What about old armors, boots, hoods, books, weapons, bows?
>>
>>315393959
The hardest fights for me have been doing Arhu's robot normally and Pontius Pirate. The latter was a total pain in the dick.
>>
>>315392702

I wish I was smart enough to actually use crafting but there's seriously no fucking clues as to what works and what doesn't. The books are a joke.
>>
>>315394032
Sell most of them.

If it's a sword, axe, two handed sword, or two handed axe, melt them down at the forge and reforge them for a free money bump and possibly a gear upgrade.

If it's a knife and NOT a dagger, hold onto at least one of them. The rest you can hammer out on an anvil to create a dagger that's scaled to your level.
>>
>>315394265
Can I turn books into paper for scrolls or do I need wood chips for that?

I turned every branch I found into a spike (with a knife) and then every spike into an arrow shaft (again with a knife). I tried an axe on them but it did nothing.
>>
>>315394226
Here's a list of all of the original game's crafting recipes, all of them are still in EE although some of the rings/amulets/belts have different effects.

http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=526585&page=1
>>
>>315394363
You need wood chips and you have to use a one handed axe to cut logs, not a two handed axe. It's a weird limitation.
>>
I loved how easy it was to abuse the game.

>double lonewolf casters with heals, aoe dmg spells and +50% buff on 247 from witch magic
>collecting barrels and 1 shotting any boss with 1 attack
>>
>>315394093
Pontius I was a little low for, and that fucking teleport-the-barrels shit drove me nuts. After a few failed attempts, I save-scummed until I had snuck around and stolen all those fucking barrels, froze his ass, and ran all my dudes back to the doorway to try and funnel them in. Need more con/defense, but having a ton of speed is wonderful most of the time.
>>
>>315394683
EE will destroy you.
>>
>>315394265
Oh so I can only melt down swords and axes, I thought I would somehow break down armors into bars, leathers and cloths too
>>
is there a cap on Willpower/Bodybulding or can I get 100% chance to never get cc'd again? I guess I need 7 level for that!?
>>
>>315395308
Saving throws don't work that way. They're the result of 1d100 against (Chance of status effect-relevant saving throw's bonus). It's why status effects that say they have a 150% chance to hit won't always hit. It'd make you immune to anything 100% or less, though, but by the time you can do that that's exceedingly unlikely.
>>
>>315393745

Anyone?
>>
Does this game have a new game plus or anything of the sort?
>>
Playing the game for the first time on the EE.

My starters are a Fighter and a Ranger and I got the Wizard and the Rogue as companions.

I'm level 5 so far and doing ok but I find myself using a lot of consumables. The Fighter is really useful, knocking down shit, being hard to kill and dealing decent damage (I found an Orc Armour and Something Pete Sword that made him a beast) ..now the ranger feels underwhelming though. Any key marksmanship skill I should get? Should I branch him into some school of magic for utility?

Also, should I manly focus on the class major attribute (Strength for fighter, Dexterity for Ranger, Intelligence for Wizard..) and Speed?

Any tips are welcome.
>>
>>315393745
Pure fighters suck shit in this game, especially melee, since your magic ain't companion friendly
>>
>>315396050
All it has is the different modes, one of which has harder AI, and one of which has the harder AI plus permadeath.
>>
>>315396174
wouldnt hurt to get a level in geo since that gives you a summon and oil so you can burn people. i like my ranger since im using it to charm targets
>>
File: 1434922850578.png (11 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
1434922850578.png
11 KB, 480x320
I want to give Tactician mode a try. What classes should i go for? Are the companions that talk any good for it or is their skill setup crap?
>>
>finished downloading the EE
>cant play it cause my brother told me to wait for him until he came back from work so we could start together
Suffering...
>>
File: 1428009415038.jpg (155 KB, 775x960) Image search: [Google]
1428009415038.jpg
155 KB, 775x960
>scoundrel NPC has a teleport ability
>use it to finally get over the rope in the harbor
>chest and barrels are all empty
devs stop trolling pls
>>
Is there like a level 9 region in Luculla?
Also how the fuck do I turn hides into leather
>>
File: qmm.jpg (94 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
qmm.jpg
94 KB, 500x500
Anyone know if dual wield with two one-handed strength weapons can keep up with twohanded in terms of damage?
>>
>>315396174
Always get 1 Aero on any character. They have useful intelligence independent novice spells such as teleport.
>>
File: berserk.jpg (112 KB, 1024x552) Image search: [Google]
berserk.jpg
112 KB, 1024x552
>>315396835
>mfw using magic lock scroll on the harbor door rather than keeping it for later
>>
>>315396835
Dug up that mound near Doc's house already?
>>
>kill Pontius Pirate
>loot his stuff
>spy a chest
>oh cool that wasn't there in the non-EE!
>click to loot it
>highlighting it doesn't have the loot button it normally does
>OH FUCK
>FIGHT BEGINS
>IT'S A FUCKING MIMIC
>IT KILLS TWO OF MY NEAR-DEAD PARTY MEMBERS INSTANTLY
I fucking love this game so much, holy shit.
>>
>>315380258
didn't play EE but witchcraft had the most powerful spell in the game... (ignoring the lava scroll)
>>
>>315380619
use CC too you noob
>>
File: 1429910035377.jpg (23 KB, 294x333) Image search: [Google]
1429910035377.jpg
23 KB, 294x333
>>315397194
Yeah I did very quickly after arriving at Cyseal

Then again I recently played Wasteland 2 and I pressed the big red button after activating a pre-war nuke in the headquarters. I didn't think it would do anything
>mfw the credits rolled
>>
>>315381635
not if you use witchcraft
>>
Can you respec your character at one point in the game?
I assume not since its a CRPG, but i need to know
>>
>those traps in Black Cove on tactician mode
Rogue's teleport + floating and I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>315397997
You can as many times as you want for a set amount of gold. They forget all skills too though, you'll need to give them new books.
>>
>>315397997
Yeah, it's pretty late though.

You can just use cheat engine if you can refrain from giving yourself extra stats.
>>
>>315398164
Enhanced Edition already has a cheat engine?
>>
>>315398229
yeah there's a table where you can edit attributes, abilities, talents and traits. You can't give yourself new skills though.
>>
>>315398301
Can you respec companions? I would like to make Madora a shield user, Man-at-Arms has some sweet skills for them.
>>
>>315396975
Please respond guys. I'm currently sitting in the menu thinking about whether i want to go 2hand or dual wield strength.
>>
any way to make arrowheads now without having to go and buy them? I know they're cheap but sometimes it's inconvenient.
>>
>>315398463
You can switch abilities around or add new points. You can just give her points in one handed and remove those she has in two handed if you don't want to cheat.
>>
Will the enemies continue to spawn wherever at combat start or is that just the undead in Cyseal? Because positioning and formations won't do shit when I walk down a road and enemies spawn both in front and behind me at the same time.
>>
File: tom cruise questionmark.png (242 KB, 384x397) Image search: [Google]
tom cruise questionmark.png
242 KB, 384x397
Is there another use for diamonds, malachite and crystals other than selling?
I relally need the cash but I'm afraid I'll regret selling them.
>>
>>315399043
It depends on the fight. There are a lot of fights where enemies will show up to flank you but there are also a lot of them where what you see is what you're going to fight.
>>
>>315399101
I know you can craft rubies with armor to give it elemental resistances, might have some use for other stones as well.
>>
>>315380931
Not sure it is still there. But, do know than vampire touch is now fucking good.
>>
>>315396263
>since your magic ain't companion friendly

What do you mean?
>>
>>315387351
Or continue till you get the reroll demon?
>>
>>315399172
Glass rubys are in the ingredients tab, but the other gems are in misc.
So I assume you can use them for crafting?
>>
>>315396676
They are all viable. They got a few oddities (like Baidotr the archer having loremaster) but they always are usable.
>>
>>315378950
>huge hype how it's all rewritten and shit
>already done with 2/3 of the game and literally no major changes
>>
Can you teleport someone without smashing the shit out of them?
>>
>>315399992
Different spell but yes
>>
>>315399992
>-5 attitude for rescuing a compation out of a sticky situation

Yeah fuck this, apply the damage but not the attitude loss.
>>
This game has some weird bugs.

Earlier today i was at the Hero Hall or whatever it's called, and when i unnequiped some armor to switch to another one, one of the followers that i used to upgrade stuff accused me of robbing him.

Other times i can't equip stuff, have to leave and enter the game again. These were all after upgrading items, so if you're using an npc companion to upgrade stuff, better save before so the game doesn't fuck you over
>>
>>315399784
Ah good to know. What about specs? I see people mentioning Melee isn't too good in Tactician
>>
Was this track cut from the EE?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StLLp4Jgw2o

Or do I have a bad memmory of when it played?
>>
>>315400369

Melee is perfectly fine as long as you have some backup with protection spells and such.
>>
>>315400369
The only problem I had with melee is because I keep mine in the front, the enemies furthest away from me will use Netherswap to switch places, and isolate her. Only time I had Madora die was because of this, she was too far away for heals.
>>
>>315400369
Melee is good, either MaA or ROgue got massive damage and is basically the best at elimnating the threats (mostly, enemy rangers) If you jsut send a warrior in alone tho obviously he gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>315400448

I've noticed that as well. Have yet to hear it in EE.
>>
Wait you can rob everything and everyone while invisible!
That scoundrel skill is fantastic
>>
>>315400369
>I see people mentioning Melee isn't too good in Tactician
Those people are retards who don't understand how to use them. Like before, the best damage dealers in the game are rogues and 2H man at arms. Keep either of those up to date with proper crafted gear and they will annihilate anything they can get next to so long as physical immunity isn't in play.
>>
>>315401182
That sounds good. I was thinking of giving it a go with one 2h fighter, a rogue and 2 mages
>>
File: ss (2015-11-03 at 05.54.52).jpg (13 KB, 901x72) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-11-03 at 05.54.52).jpg
13 KB, 901x72
>>315401328
Take Madora and let her be the 2h fighter
She's better than your player character
>>
>>315401182
I'm trying Dual wield MaA right now and it's working pretty well. Early levels are a massive chore tho.
>>
>>315401328
That's exactly what I'm doing right now and it's a great setup.
>>
>>315380986
Hey, don't discriminate. I have ADD and I'm able to play Divinity.
>>
How to win at Div OS

Get Craft to 5
Get BS to 5
Profit
>>
>>315403276
Yo what do I need to craft daggers? Regarding the exact items necessary.
>>
File: 1368033339959.png (17 KB, 215x215) Image search: [Google]
1368033339959.png
17 KB, 215x215
>>315403431
Not him and I'm only at Cyseal but i put any knife or dagger on the anvil and it crafted a simple white dagger

Turned 1 gold butter knives into 50 gold daggers
Probably scales with skill too
>>
>>315403802
I meant usable daggers for decent weapons, sorry. My mistake for wording it poorly.
>>
so what does arhu's control even do? it still hits that ultra bolt attack
>>
>>315378950
>tfw fugged up the order and now I'm going to the church at lvl 9.5 and will be 11 by Brachhus
>>
>>315404116
Any ''knife'' will do Basically, you take the little paper knives and somehow you make rapier out of them laer on.
>>
Is there a pastebin of what all the talents do and how stats should be distributed? I remember the generals used to have a pastebin for this game but now I can't find it.
>>
>Braccus just one shots my party on tactician
What the fuck?
>>
What does Attitude do in this game? I never had someone treat me differently because my Attitude was high or low.
>>
>>315406170
He does on classic too.
I just cheesed the fight by placing my party at the door and luring all the abominations out to the chokepoint.
>>
>>315406347
Low Attitude guys will call the guards on you more readily. Reginald fucking hates me now and always calls the guards.
>>
Should I pick up any barrels?
Is it worth carrying them with you?
>>
>>315378950
At level four you should be more than prepared for anything outside the west gate.
You probably just made shit characters or are shit at the game.
Remember, poison (zombie blood) is flammable and highly explosive
>>
>>315406519
Make sure to pick up an oil one and an ooze one. You can make Slowdown and Poison Arrowheads with them. Endlessly.
>>
>>315406519
I wouldn't as it's kind of ridiculous. Plus they're about as useful as a scroll.
>>
>>315378950
>Did every sidequest
>Lvl 4

Really?
Go find other companions like Madora (opshit) and read every piece of evidence and the questlog. That quest has a lot of things to do.
>>
>>315407491
He probably just means the city proper.
>>
>>315401494
Madora is straight up fucking boss.
>>
Where do you find elemental essences?
>>
>>315406519
I like to sneak up to bosses before hand and place oil/ooze down. Gets a nice 60-300 damage right off the bat.
>>
>>315408245
In random containers and from some merchants. Usually if you kill non-summoned elemental enemies they also drop them
>>
>>315378950
How does a modern game not have any sort of waypoint system???

Good thing I pirated this first before buying it.
>>
>>315408694
Just hold shift, faget.
>>
>>315406170

You open the fight by splitting up your party so he only targets the one that starts the conversation

Put the others in stealth around the room so you can destroy the crystals and kill the other minions as fast as possible
>>
>>315408694
What do you mean?
>>
>>315409328
Yeah, already did that. Also used 4 summons at once.
>>
>>315386804
I know this is just shitposting, but I really wish that PoE had actual turn-based combat.
>>
>>315410095
>actual turn-based combat.
I'm no longer able to play cRPGs without turn based combat. Sure, it seems dumbed down and stupid in some cases, but 'real time' with a required pause every few seconds is just so fucking bothersome I don't see the point
>>
>>315410095
Same here, I really enjoy PoE, but mid to late game the amount of micromanaging is a fucking chore.
>>
>>315406639
Grenades too.
>>
File: 1422315698888.jpg (15 KB, 250x336) Image search: [Google]
1422315698888.jpg
15 KB, 250x336
>tfw madora do a critical and laugh
Now time for Rex on tactician.
>>
>fps drop during attack animations
I wish this had gotten fixed in EE.
>>
Does Wind of change work on myself when I'm stunned?
>>
>>315411860
You don't get a turn so how would you cast it?
>>
To anyone who has beaten or is at least in the 3rd act: Are there any more new party members other than Bairdotr and Wolgraff?
>>
>>315412554
no
>>
>>315412554
These aren't new.
>>
>>315413157
They are to me, they weren't in the original release.

>>315413140
Thats unfortunate.
>>
>>315413317
>they weren't in the original release.
Yes they were.
>>
>>315413317
They were in literally the day 1 dlc pack.
>>
>>315415241
>day 1
It was way after day 1, they didn't even come out until after I finished my first co-op playthrough and that took weeks.
>>
>>315378950
Worst pacing in a game ever.
>>
Should I use Evelyn's Reveal Scroll somewhere in town? I've tried in a lot of places and it does not work

Also how do I rest out of combat? I only have one mage with hydro and his heal spell has a cooldown
>>
>>315415570
It's not used in town, read her diary.

You rest by sleeping in beds.
>>
>>315415717
I didn't find a diary, I found a conduit letter but it didn't give any hints

Where do I go from here? West? I think I'm done wit the town and I'm level 3 but close to 4
>>
>>315415142
Bairdottir and Wulgraff were added later on. They weren't in the vanilla game at launch.
>>
>>315416096
>>315415717
Fuck I just realized I may have missed some stuff, some containers I open are scrolled down one line and I don't see the stuff that's in them

I guess I have to go back a bit and search again
>>
>>315416096
North beach. Look for 2 things, some assholes shifting around on the beach, and a brown man in swim trunks sunbathing. At the arch way caused by the rocks, read the spell
>>
>>315416463
What the fuck was even up with that guy? His encounter was hard as fuck and required way more effort than anything else in Cyseal.
>>
>>315417906
Not him but I don't even personally know. Maybe to add a bit more flavor to Evelyn's 'story' by having a Sourceror guarding her entrance and somewhat allied with her? He's a new addition to EE so I guess it's another forced boss fight not that I really mind but yeah he has a lot of fucking adds.
>>
>>315378950
Yeah. The combat/multiplayer is fun, but the world design is hugely retarded.

>Everything in the direction of your quests will instantly kill you
>Have to go down another path for a higher level quest because there are lower level enemies that you can farm experience off
>>
>>315418314
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>315418314
Or maybe you could talk to people, they'd say that the undeads west of the city are weaker and take the hint.
>>
File: 1441583394617.jpg (462 KB, 572x600) Image search: [Google]
1441583394617.jpg
462 KB, 572x600
my honor mode save just died, choose my classes for a new save
>>
>>315418529
>Telekinesis mage
>Telekinesis 5, no elemental spells/withcraft allowed
>Pack Mule, points in strength
Get a chest and fill it to your weight capacity (use the dead sheep when you get it). Telekinesis it at enemies to do damage.

>Pacifist
>Hydro/witchcraft, whatever else
Cannot ever damage enemies, can only cc, buff, and debuff. If an ability both damages and ccs, you cannot use it.

Good luck.
>>
>>315418529
Is honor mode like ironman? Or you just get 1 save so that if you get in a bad situation/pick the wrong skills tough luck
>>
Can you respec limitlessly after you unlock the guy?
>>
whats the correct use of the controller to beat sparkmaster?
He's always either shooting stuff or doing his electric atack, can't beat him.
>>
>>315420438
Dedicated discharger every cycle.
>>
>>315417906
I didn't mind at all, it was silly fun that was an actually fun fight, kinda like the "fun in the sun" side missions in crisis core
>>
>>315420428
you have 1 save and it saves whenever a character dies, so you still have a chance to flee the battle and regroup if things are looking bad
>>
>>315420429
Almost. A respec costs 1000 coins.

>>315418529
That sucks. What did you wipe to? I've beat the game on Tactician and considered doing a honour mode playthrough shortly, but I kind of want to wait until people have figured out how to teach Madora the value of mercy because I'm a completionist faggot.

>>315420428
Honour mode is Tactician but with one save file. If your two source hunters die, you lose the file.
>>
>>315410289
I seriously wish the old D&D games were more like their tabletop counterparts. I loved NWN and NWN2 but man I really need some of that actual fucking strategy action.

Of course finding a group for tabletop would be even better. Can't swing off a chandelier and dropkick a ghost in the face with enchanted boots in a computer game after all.
>>
>>315420134
Thy got rid of "object weight * base damage = total damage" in EE, crate knight is no longer a viable build
>>
Do level 1 skillbooks still disappear/become less common as you get to higher levels? Concerned that if I respec later on, I won't be able to find crushing fist/battering ram.
>>
>>315420428
DoN't do that shit first. THe new configurations and enemies added means that sometimes a battle you know well become suddenly ridiculous.

Funnily, i have a much easier time killing the source abominations and Pontius than some of random encounter just before.
>>
>>315421035
the group of orcs before the cave got me, i didn't have trouble with them on tactician so i didn't think anything of it.

>>315420134
sounds fun gonna give it a go
>>
>>315421162
Nah, they are always sold on dedicated merchants.
>>
>>315421098
ToEE is basically D&D 3.5 in video game form if that's what you want. I think ToEE is absolute trash and is inferior to D:OS in every possible way because D&D 3E is an absolutely horrible system, but a lot of people seem to like it.
>>
>>315418529
>>315418529
I dont think I would ever play this game on honor mode. Waaaaay to many glitches and bugs that lead to random deaths. And keeping myself buffed at all times with the short real time durations would be such a pain.
>>
>>315421453
What glitches and bugs, just for fun? I'm finishing SIlverglen and encountered none.
>>
>>315421453
I've already completed the original game so it gives me a chance to test out different class combos
>>
>>315421247
Yeah Pontius was a lot easier than I remember. Also that spider that killed dragons was beyond easy to kill. Not what I expected
>>
>>315421247
Majority of the boss fights are actually quite easy, the tough fights are the ones where you're up against an assload of mobs at the same time because you simply can't deal with all of them at once. In 2v1 or 4v1 boss fights (with the occasional trash add) you can at least focus on one target.

>>315421453
>Waaaaay to many glitches and bugs that lead to random deaths.
I love this meme
I've beat the game multiple times and I don't remember encountering any gamebreaking bugs that resulted in random deaths. The pathing is really shitty in some cases, but that's not really a bug.
>>
>>315421362
So the skillbooks that the merchants sell aren't random anymore? That was so annoying about the original.
>>
>>315421748
Nope, between Cyseal and the elemental halls you get every one.
>>
>>315421698
>tfw Mangoth
>>
>vortex fire
>instant kills me by teleporting me two party members into lava
i-i dont remember this guy from the original
>>
>>315421098
Turn based captures the feel of table top to a much greater degree, but you are right, the more in depth stuff, like pinning a dragons wings while it's flying to make it plummet you and the dragon into the earth doesn't tend to translate well into vidya unless it is scripted, and then why is even the point
>>
>>315421370
ToEE? What's that? I'm interested because I actually liked 3.5e and have played pathfinder for close to 3 years now, and it's practically just 3.75e
>>
>>315422657
Temple of Elemental Evil.
>>
>>315421564
Currently Hiberheim: Literally had a bug which looked like an MMO style lag. My characters suddenly ported to an old click location and suddenly I was sandwhiched between two encounters (against wolfes and ice elementals).

Im playing single player for reference. Also with gliches I mostly mean the shitty path finding and the aiming system. Just a few minutes ago an enemy literally evaded my click by playing an idle animation. And then my character didnt shoot it but instead moved to it - through fucking lava and poison.

I really dont think this should be a thing in a turn based game.
>>
>>315422684
Thanks, I'll look into it

Also, does anyone know WHY the old d&d games went the pause& resume route instead of turn based? It couldn't have been easier to program, and I know way too many people turned off of the old games because of the weird combat system
>>
>>315422973
RTSes were the big thing at the time and you couldn't have a fully real time game that required the level of micromanagement BG did.
>>
>>315422897
Try using tactical camera if the enemy is small or moving around a lot, at least while selecting them. It's solved the hit box problem for me
>>
>>315423108
So why not go full turn based? Would have played cleaner and made the management more, well, manageable
>>
>>315423302
>RTSes were the big thing at the time
>>
>>315423578
Yea I read that, and I know the basic idea, but they kept that style even through neverwinter nights 2. And on top of that, the d&d rule set has never mixed well with real time, so it just feels clunky to watch your character sit there for 6 seconds between each action or swing
>>
>>315381053
You can change your formation. Press whatever trigger on your console of choice that brings up the party wheel, then you can press square or X on specific characters to move them up in the formation. The top 2 portraits in the upper left part of the screen are front row, bottom two portraits are back row.
>>
File: 3.jpg (99 KB, 268x401) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
99 KB, 268x401
>this guy was afraid of Braccus.
>>
>>315424341
>Nearly three times more health than the void dragon
God damn that thing died so fast
>>
Does Far Out Man increase the cone length of abilities?
>>
>>315424474
Didn't the dragon have like 7.5k at least?
>>
>>315424341
He's a massive pussy.
>>
>>315424726
A real scaredy-cat.
>>
>>315417906
I just stunned that faggot while he was chilling, he still summoned his bros before he died, but I managed.
>>
>>315424719
Only had 3K something when I fought. I almost two shot it with meteor shower and hail attack or whatever they're called.
>>
File: EoCApp 2014-11-02 21-52-21-25.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
EoCApp 2014-11-02 21-52-21-25.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>315425256
I had over 5k health on my ranger and I remember that I only had more health than the dragon if I used debuffs to lower its health.
But 3k or 7k, the dragon was still way too weak.
>>
>>315425667
>I had over 5k health on my ranger
What the fuck
how
>>
Anyone getting a bug where tons of chests appear to be empty or the chest inventory is scrolled down?
>>
>>315425837
See my max AP?
That's how. You just know things are going great when your characters stats break the UI.
>>
Why did they change the cheeses' vendor VA?
>>
>>315425667
>that amount of AP
Do I even want to know? Did you level any other major stats besides Speed and I'm assuming Dex?
>>
>>315425978
I don't even
I think I hardly even had 1500 health when I was at endgame
What the fuck did you even do
>>
>>315404494
Read the book.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.