[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: Toad.jpg (158 KB, 919x1379) Image search: [Google]
Toad.jpg
158 KB, 919x1379
>People are unironically surprised that Todd lies through his teeth

He's been doing it since Oblivion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjbx6-KQoRg

Will he ever be held responsible for his blatant lies? If someone wanted to sell a product and knowingly misled their customers they'd be liable for suing, why doesn't that happen with vidya?
>>
but people aren't surprised though
that's why he's a meme
>>
>>315378573
Maybe I should rewrite that

>People are unironically surprised that the game will be much shittier in almost every aspect than previous ones.
>>
>>315378528
HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS
>>
>>315378528
He's been doing it since at least Morrowind actually.
I don't have the image but there's a quote of his saying that morrowind will be best experienced on the original xbox
>>
>>315378528
>MUH RADIANT AI
>MUH 1000 PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN OBLIVION
>MUH DYNAMIC LITERALLY EVERYTHING
>>
>>315378528
He didn't lie. He said the game is open world, that the dialogues are now voiced, that there's a crafting system and settlement building. Technically, everything is true because he never said it would be good.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LxwyJq920Q

11 fucking minutes to walk across the entire map and barely any enemies. What the fuck is this shit Todd?
>>
>>315378809
Todd, answer me. Look at it, what the fuck is this shit Todd? Why do you keep doing this Todd?
>>
Look at the reactions from people in the industry to the RPS interview of Peter Molyneux.

Lying is an inherent practice in the industry. Everyone is lying to everyone else. Publishers are bullshitting shareholders about potential sales, manipulating milestones to strong-arm developers and using marketing/advertising to manipulate their customers.
Developers lie about their capacity to deliver a product and the exact qualities of the product they will deliver.
The press... well, let's not go there.

Everyone is lying. That's the game as usual for them. They don't give it a second thought and when you call them out on their bullshit, you're feeling "entitled", you're not "understanding the realities of the market", or you're bullying poor over-ambitious developers.
>>
File: 1440538508881.jpg (35 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1440538508881.jpg
35 KB, 500x282
>>315378786
The level of intricancies he's showing the AI go through is blatantly false advertising. Let's not even get started on the fact that not a single piece of the dialogue he showcased is actually in the game.

>>315378912
I fucking hate this industry. But it's so retarded I can't stop reading about the shit people get away with.
>>
>>315378809
>This video is no longer available due toa copyright claim by zenimax media inc
>>
>>315378960
>I fucking hate this industry. But it's so retarded I can't stop reading about the shit people get away with.
>>315378912
Seriously, what the fuck needs to happen for those people to actually be held responsible? Isn't false advertising supposed to be illegal? Can it not be quantified when someone lies?

>>315379054
top lel, maximum damage control from Bethsoft
>>
File: 2ec.png (783 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
783 KB, 600x580
>>315379167
What horse shit I will never buy any bethesda game ever since they pull shit like this.Doesn't mean I won't play them
>>
I was googling "Running the fo4 map in 11 minutes" to find a mirror and found this

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3rgxrt/you_can_walk_from_one_corner_of_map_to_another_in/

Rage inducing shit.
>>
>>315379394
>First Star Wars (and I'm sure other game before that) and now Fallout.

>Why can't people just be happy we even have a new Battlefront or Fallout instead of just bitch about how great the 'old' ones were. The only constant in life is change, get over it.

>That being said, like many before me- I can't wait to get started in a few days! :)
>>
File: ca-CAWK.jpg (621 KB, 1608x1121) Image search: [Google]
ca-CAWK.jpg
621 KB, 1608x1121
>>315379167
Yeah, false advertising is supposed to be fucking illegal but that's the industry standard somehow. I can't comprehend what the actual fuck is wrong with this industry because this is unbelievable to actually happen in any other industry but, welp, it's the standard here so fuck whatever. There's a reason gg happened. That's all I'll say.

>>315379394
>all these drones excusing shit
Hype shall never end, huh.
>>
>>315379394
>reddit faggots unironically adopted the "Godd Howard" meme even though it's used facetiously here to call out Bethesda on their shit
God damn I hate that place. Do they even think for themselves?
>>
File: 1440774042628.jpg (100 KB, 615x347) Image search: [Google]
1440774042628.jpg
100 KB, 615x347
>>315379756
Godd refers to Howard? Oh, right. Todd. Holy shit, really ... that's eome Gaben-level of mindless praising. Fucking pathetic. At first I thought Godd referred to some guy working at the company.
>>
>>315378528
>Will he ever be held responsible for his blatant lies?

We should probably sue Kojima first.
>>
>>315379756
>Do they even think for themselves?
I browse reddit occasionally and no, they absolutely do not think for themselves. I can't even begin to explain how much of an echo chamber reddit is.
>>
>>315380224
wow so it's like /v/ then
>>
>>315380259
Much worse, they genuinely believe that it isn't an echo chamber and that they've formulated their "opinions" on their own. At least /v/ has the self awareness to recognize that the shit we say here shouldn't be taken seriously.
>>
>>315378528
They even got rid of a whole city.
kek
>>
File: consider_this.png (232 KB, 512x368) Image search: [Google]
consider_this.png
232 KB, 512x368
>>315380224
>>315380392
Yeah, if /v/ is bad then reddit is just abyssmal. Fuck, I'm not proud of it but I'll admit it I browse it but there's never any discussions to be made unless a place is dedicated to it. It's an echochamber, a circle-jerk of fishing for upvotes. Whenever, if I ever, make a comment, I have to be really careful with my wording unless I want to be downvoted. This system just doesn't tolerate dissenting opinions.

At least on /v/ you can voice your opinion without any consequences beyond being called a retard. And the honesty is the beauty of it, because people are't afraid of saying their honest opinions most of the time.
>>
b-but it j-just works!
>>
Fucking Todd
>>
Well at least some of them are starting to worry

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/3rfo4n/streamlining/

Just imagine how bad the game will be if reddit worries about it. Reddit, the place where endless shilling and dev asslicking is the norm.
>>
File: 4f.png (152 KB, 1586x371) Image search: [Google]
4f.png
152 KB, 1586x371
>>
>>315381082
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/

SO MUCH CANCER HOLY SHIT

It'll be hilarious when they start realizing that the game they hyped so much is subpar.
>>
>>315380565
two actually. Sancre Tor was going to be a city too.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.