[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EDF 4.1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 7
File: 61nyI1ojT+L.jpg (83 KB, 405x500) Image search: [Google]
61nyI1ojT+L.jpg
83 KB, 405x500
Why did nobody tell me this shit was finally coming out in the West, and in a month no less?

Does nobody care about EDF anymore?
>>
>>315372652
>and in a month no less?
When did that happen? I thought it was currently suffering from the traditional Xseed Schedule Slip, since they seem to be pretty focused on Tits 2 at the moment.
>>
>>315372879
But Cold Steel comes out this month in america I believe and the 4th of December in europe.
>same day as Xenoblade Chronicles X
>2 jrpgs on the same day
T-Thanks.
>>
File: RAD.gif (3 MB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
RAD.gif
3 MB, 288x216
>>315372652
Literally the only game on the PS4 that interests me. Do the new giant mechs have the same controls as the robots from RAD? If they do then I might have to start saving up.
>>
>>315373618
RAD sequel when? I'm getting tired of EDF games back to back to back to back
>>
>>315372652
No official release date
This and EDF 2 vita keep getting their dates pushed back
>>
What's the best EDF for PS3?
>>
>>315373852
I believe your only choice is EDF 2025.
>>
I hope Xseed does a pc release. They've been doing them more
>>
>>315373852
2025 which is EDF4. It has horrible framerate issues, but it's still fun. Don't expect to play local multiplayer unless you're okay with single digit framerate.
EDF4.1 is an enhanced version for PS4 worry more content and better framerate.
>>
>>315373852
Anything but insect Armageddon
>>
>>315372652
Still waiting for that price drop on EDF2025 since i can't find a physical copy in [spoilers] EBGAMES [/spoilers]
>>
>looking forward to EDF2/4.1 in September
>it's November now and still no official date
>>
>>315374714
PS3 is region free. Us copies are cheap. The game doesnt even have a manual new too
>>
>>315373998
I really hope they don't.
>>
File: Reginleiv-320x462.jpg (56 KB, 320x462) Image search: [Google]
Reginleiv-320x462.jpg
56 KB, 320x462
I bet none of you faggots even played this gem.
>>
>>315374969
Why not? You don't want more EDF fans?
>>
>>315374973
>Jap shit
Of course not nigger.
>>
>>315375070
For some reason I'd expect a PC version to run 20fps like it would on a console just because of how poorly optimized the underlying engine is, and is something you can't bruteforce with higher specs.
>>
>>315375070
I just want to be able to discuss the game here. Everytime a game I liked got ported to PC the threads became a massive shitshow.
>>
>>315375125
It runs at 60 on PS4 and PS4 is a lot closer to PC than the last gen consoles were.

>>315375153
Because of people like you who are obsessed over stupid shit like that. EDF is already on steam
>>
>>315375153
I can't even fucking talk about Nier now because of that comment by the SE manager saying it's PS4 exclusive for now
Fucking Nier threads have become console war shit
>>
>>315375213
>Because of people like you who are obsessed over stupid shit like that
Obsessed over what? Being able to talk about a game on /v/? I'm able to play it and so are most people who give a shit.
>>
I could really go for an EDF with a scenario editor, just to see what kind of bullshit people would come up with to challenge others to beat on nightmare in 4p bro-op.
>>
File: Pile of regret.jpg (310 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
Pile of regret.jpg
310 KB, 960x544
>>315375287
Er, inferno*

Speaking of which, I still need to do Inferno with Pale Wing in 2017P but fuck grinding the amount of armor needed to make her 'safer' on spider missions.
>>
>>315375097
>2015
>not having a softmodded wii

You're missing out dude. This game is attack on titan wiimote edition.
>>
>>315375281
Look who started this entire thing right now. You did. All I said was about how I'd like a PC release and Xseed has been doing PC releases a lot. You are the problem you hate so much.
>>
>>315375367
All I said was that I hope they don't port it and it was a direct reply to you portbegging.
>>
>>315375364
>not Eoten Defense Force
>>
>>315375446
>Port begging

The only people who use language like this are system war faggots.
>>
>>315375567
What else would you call it? You specifically stated that you want it on another platform than the one it's announced for. That's the definition of portbegging.
>>
File: Real EDF.jpg (248 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Real EDF.jpg
248 KB, 800x450
>tfw still waiting on Batsu Defense Force
At least with a PC port of 4.1 I could just make my own skins.
>>
>>315375350
how much is the grind in EDF?
>>
>>315374973
>this is on the nipping eshop right fucking now
>physical copy is expensive
>>
>>315372652

>Why did nobody tell me

What kind of an EDF fan are you if you didn't already know?

>Does nobody care about EDF anymore?

EDF was always a niche B-series, so most people don't know or care about it. But I'm excited for it. Annoyed it was delayed until December, but whatever.
>>
>>315375609
Saying you hope something happens or would like something to happen isn't begging. If I was on twitter or wherever constantly asking the publisher or developers for a port to X system that would be begging.
>>
>>315375707
In 2017? Non-issue if you do it difficulty-by-difficulty until you hit Inferno, and then there's a grind wall since you need the 'good' weapons to stand a chance, and preferably 3 friends so you can prevent getting overwhelmed and murdered in three seconds.
>>
>>315375885
Then how am I responsible for anything if all I did was stating that I hope they don't port it over?
>>
>>315374047
Are the loading times less awful on PS4?
>>
>>315375805
i don't comprehend. Why would you bother with a physical copy when the wii region locked?
>>
Does this one have at least a stable framerate?
>>
>>315374821
Is the online dead by now?
>>
I want PC ports of EDF 3 (with the Vita content) and EDF 4.1 so my friends can play them...
>>
>>315375213
>EDF is already on steam
That "Insect Armageddon" garbage doesn't count, nig.
>>
>>315376183
Fuck off already.
>>
>>315375961
Your reason for not wanting a game ported to another platform is stupid platform wars shit. It wasn't even something I could understand like "I'd rather them focus on X instead of porting it"

It was stupid meme shit. You know when this meme of "A game gets ported to PC so you can't discuss it" started? When one platform wars group starting taunting that MGSV wasn't coming to another platform. Then it did come to that platform and then other platform war fags started rubbing it in the faces of the stupid faggots who started it. Even then you can talk about anything you want in MGSV

It's all a bunch of stupid shit and perpetrating it only makes it come more true. If you start NEVER EVER shit about a game then expect threads to be ruined. It's only your own fault. So don't start it and a game will be fine even when ported to a new platform.
>>
I'm pretty hype about picking up EDF2025 and i've seen a webm of air raider putting missile turrets on the chopper blades. Is there any more wacky shit you can do?
>>
>>315376486
It sounds like you're making me responsible for your autism because I don't want the same thing you do. Is it so hard for you to understand that there are people who disagree with you?
>>
>>315372652
>not stable 60 FPS

POWER OF NEXT GEN CONSOLES LEL
>>
>>315376416
>wants more people to be able to play the series you love on their platform of choice, with no detriment to PS4/Vita owners
>is told to fuck off
>>
>>315376626
How am I autistic for caring about the quality of discussion and the board? You literally said the reason you don't want it ported is because you think it affects discussion on this board. Like I said, when you start "NEVER EVER IT'S EXCLUSIVE HAAAA!" the threads will turn into a shit show. So just don't start it and don't post things that originate from that.

It's like this

>HAHA PC FAGS SUCK IT NEVER EVER EXCLUSIVE!!!
>Game gets ported to PC
>OH NEVER EVER HUH, HAHA CONSOLE FAGS!!! SUCK IT!!
>Ugh PC runs discussion
>Repeat

Now, remove that first step and it stops. Fanboys on both sides do it, neither of them are right. Just help clean the board up
>>
>>315374714
If ausfag, the price will probably be silly. JB were selling it for $70 pre owned last year.
>>
>>315377213
>Like I said, when you start "NEVER EVER IT'S EXCLUSIVE HAAAA!" the threads will turn into a shit show
Except I never did that. This series is extremely niche, the only way it would ever turn into console wars shitposting is if it was actually confirmed to go from exclusive to multiplat. Just like the new Nier did. You came into a thread about an exclusive game and the first thing you had to say was 'I hope it goes multiplat'. And now you are building some fucking strawman because I don't share your hopes.
>>
>>315372652
i thought it was supposed to be released yesterday? did they push the date back again?
>>
>>315372652
I stopped caring when the last one shipped at 40uk monies. A budget game should be that, a budget game.
>>
>>315377286
It dropped to $15 at one point, i hate myself for not getting into the franchise sooner.

>all that shitposting

I remember EDF threads were pretty civil back then. What happened?
>>
>>315377385
Good. Don't do it. Anon, what I am saying is the thing you fear will happen if it gets ported to PC only starts when people do what I said.

It goes back to why does it matter if someone wants it to be multiplat? That doesn't mean they hate the system it's on or this or that. It just means they want more places to play it. There is nothing wrong with that
>>
>>315377385
>I never did that

And guess who's going PC MASTERRACE SUCK IT CONSOLEPLEBS in this very thread?

hint: no one

And who's turning this into an us vs them argument and ruining this very thread, an edf thread, the very type that you say you don't want ruined?

you and the fag you're arguing with, but mostly you
>>
>>315377530
I don't know what happened anon. Hell, we used to co-op Insect Armageddon on here.
>>
>>315377620
Yeah or someone like you comes into a thread and shoehorns port begging right into it.
>>
>>315377385
Also, recent EDF games have been multiplat already. I don't know why you think it being multiplat again would somehow make it turn into platform wars. That only starts when one group rubs it in the face that another group isn't getting it. Were you unable to talk about 2025 or 2017? Both not exclusive to anything
>>
>>315377813
Nigger begging would be groveling at the foot of an Xseed programmer. "I hope thing happens" is just wishful thinking you autist.
>>
>>315377813
But it's not begging. Someone saying they hope they win the lottery is different from constantly asking people for money
>>
>>315376820

That's typical shit Japanese coding m8

MGSV is 60fps, games like Bloodborne and EDF have no excuse.
>>
File: 1.jpg (127 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
127 KB, 1200x900
Playing EDF2017 with Vitagen is some of the most fun I've had with videogames since I was a kid. This series is magic. People who don't like EDF confuse and upset me. I usually report posters that claim to hate EDF, because I'm convinced it's just shitposting. Nobody has that opinion.
>>
>>315378032
>Someone saying they hope they win the lottery is different from constantly asking people for money
Yeah but in this case he's telling the guy who won the lottery that he really hopes that the guy would share with him.
>>
>>315378102
Tried to recommend EDF to someone and they kept thinking I was fucking with them and trying to get them to waste their money. How are the EDF vita games anyway? I have a 3DS and kinda want to sell it

>>315378158
That would imply the game being on another platform is somehow taking something away from you
>>
>>315378221
Because asking people for money is the same as winning the lottery, right?
>>
>>315378316
Just look up what the definition of begging actually is
>>
>>315378316
>PC mustards would definitely shit up EDF threads if they get a good EDF game
>let me just shit up this EDF thread myself by continuing a system wars argument and trying to obfuscating it further with a retarded analogy
>>
>>315377764
Did we ever had threads on /m/. We could migrate and start a thread there since they have vidya threads like EXVS.

Also,
>Insect Armageddon
>>
>>315378424
>let me just shit up this EDF thread myself

If you wanted people to ignore you asking for a PC port why did you even post it in the first place?
>>
>>315378532
Except I didn't ask for a port, I don't ever expect the incompetent jap devs to put the series on PC. I just find it amusing how you're ruining this entire thread mostly yourself despite your efforts to "guard" these threads from your PC boogeyman.
>>
>>315378684
I'm not guarding anything. I have a high end PC. All I said was that I hope they don't port it and you went apeshit for some reason.
>>
>>315378763
lol ok fag, all those posts and you weren't being defensive at all. I'm done.
>>
>>315378831
Obviously I'm defensive if all you do is attacking me. I never said that it's the best when the game stays exclusive to another platform, I said I don't want it to become multiplat so the threads turn to shit this one did because you said you were hoping for a PC version and went nuclear as soon as I said I hope it doesn't. All your posts were basically

>YOU TURN THIS THREAD TO SHIT BECAUSE YOU'RE JUST A CONSOLEBABY WHO DOESN'T WANT TO SHARE HIS GAMES
>>
>>315378532
Please stop doing the "The guy I'm arguing with is the same person" thing. That anon is not me. I made the post about I would like to see a PC release. I just wanted to say that. You said you hope not, I asked why, your answer was some stupid shit, I tried to tell you that what you fear only happens if certain shitposting takes off and to not start it. I just want you to understand that making posts like that contributes to kicking that shitposting off that causes what you fear.

That's all, dude. Like seriously, if your post had been "I would rather them spend resources to make some more content afterwards instead of a port" I would understand. Instead it was stupid shit and I tried (Maybe poorly maybe not) that saying that type of shit contributes to what you fear. It's a self fulfilling thing.

It's not "NEVER EVER HAA" but the "I hope not because PC ruins discussion" is connected to that. A game simply getting a PC port doesn't ruin discussion.
>>
>>315379048
You early yelled at me for making a straw man but here you are doing it. Alright
>>
I've never played a EDF.
Is this a good game to start with?
>>
>>315378082
You realize MGS is Japanese you idiot? Also, BB has a good excuse and EDF 4.1 is actually fairly stable.
>>
>>315380870
2025 if you're on the Triple. Otherwise 4.1 if you have a Quad. Just avoid Insect Armageddon.
>>
>>315382334
What is triple and quad? Told you I'm new to the games.
>>
>>315382543
PSTriple and PS4 mate.
>>
>>315382543
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSuaRuSQZfA
>>
>>315382543
You're new on /v/ too apparently.
>>
December 8th, I can't wait. Already playing through the Japanese version in preparation. The 65+up missions are straight up chaos.
>>
>>315383702
I hope they let us play with Japanese players this time around.
>>
>>315373262
they literally named a game coldsteel

nothing perssonel kid
>>
Its PS4 exclusive and I already played 2025 to death with my best friend.
>>
File: 1443092063869.gif (65 KB, 262x199) Image search: [Google]
1443092063869.gif
65 KB, 262x199
>>315378102
This shit. I played a bunch of EDF 2017 with Vitagen and god it was a blast. There were some actual epic moments when the chips were down and we were struggling to stay alive against something like the walking fortress and then finally delivering that death blow and the massive explosion that follows and the chat filling up with "EDF! EDF! REMEMBER THE PRIDE OF THE EDF!"

Storm 1 for life.
>>
>see an edf thread that miraculously nearly has a 100 posts
>half of them are a pair of artists going off on a guy for saying he hopes 4.1 isn't ported to pc

Fuck off PKeks and stop ruining the thread for a game you have no intention to buy
>>
>>315372652
It's PS4 only so we can't acknowledge that the PS4 has games because otherwise it would hurt /v/'s pride
>>
>Read months ago, it was coming out Tuesday 3rd of Nov
>Set a reminder on my phone when to go get it
>Go in store, find out its been pushed back a month

y..you too
>>
Any word on EDF 2 on the Vita? hoping to grab it to play at work.
>>
>>315378102
I love the games, but to be honest they look like something you would get out of a cereal box as a promotional item. The art direction is fucking atrocious. I know its suppose to look like some b-movie scifi but b-movies still look like shit. I imagine this is what puts alot of people off even wanting to try the games.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.