[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are y'alls opinions on Alien Isolation? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: alien isolation.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
alien isolation.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
What are y'alls opinions on Alien Isolation?

I've been playing it recently after playing the original Siren. I loved that game, and was interested to see modern video game's attempt at stealth horror. So far, I think it's an alright game. Pleasantly challenging, not any easier than Siren when played on hard. I'm a little disappointed in the environments though, considering that's where I heard this game really shines.
>>
the environments get better as you go deeper into the station, its a does a really nice job at tension at first. its a nice game but after you get a certain item its not really dangerous anymore (even then the overall mechanic of the alien becomes repetitive) and it drags on for about 3 hours longer than it should have. still a good game though.
>>
>>315372502
My GOTY of 2014. But I'm an Alien fan, so I'm biased. The parallels Amanda's story had with Ripley's story from Alien to Aliens still makes me cum buckets.

I hope you're playing on hard mode. And I really don't understand how youre disappointed by the 70s sci fi aesthetic.
>>
>>315372989
Yeah, hard's the only proper way to play a stealth horror.
I actually only just watched the first movie the night before I started the game. It was an incredible movie, only of the best I've ever seen. And the scifi aesthetic in in that was *so* spot on, jumping right into Isolation after being blow away with something like that leads to some initial disappointment. Still, I find that I'm more and more pleased with the game the more time I spend with it. I only a short ways in.
>>
Also my 2014 GOTY. General opinion is that the Pacing suffers towards the latter end of the game but for me it wasn't an issue as I just wanted to play more and more. Incredible atmosphere and a gorgeous aesthetic. The use of lighting is so good throughout. And of course, the Alien itself more than makes the experience worthwhile.
>>
>>315373595
I guess you're right, the initial station landing zone is pretty sub par. Once you get to the areas where people used to work, it really gets better. Have you got to the medical ward yet?
>>
I'm thinking about buying it. Is the DLC worth buying? Any Steam sales soon?
>>
>>315375020
Wait for Thanksgiving for the Collection edition to go on sale. All the DLC is worth it imo, especially crew expendable and last survivor.
>>
>>315375260
Thanks lad. Not murican but I'll have to wait a month. GTA5 will prolly be on sale as well? Have 30 weeks of vacation coming up, looking into buying the entire CoD franchise as well
>>
drags on for way too long
>>
>>315375638
Yeah, those usually go on sale too. CoD usually only has 50% discount at most though. GTAV will probably be 33% off at most since its still fairly new.
>>
Bump for interest.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.