[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Best gay character in gaming >You can go through the entire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66
File: Arcade_Gannon.jpg (472 KB, 982x702) Image search: [Google]
Arcade_Gannon.jpg
472 KB, 982x702
>Best gay character in gaming
>You can go through the entire game without realizing he is gay
>Exactly how it should be

Do other good homosexuals even exist in gaming?
>>
>>315370531
You play video games. Close enough I guess.
>>
>>315370583
OP on suicide watch
>>
>>315370531
Yeah man, because we all know what constitutes a good homosexual character is one that is pretty much invisible so your social agenda doesn't get triggered.

I bet you're one of those people who say "I have nothing against gays, BUT..."
>>
File: 1445317069327.jpg (3 KB, 190x222) Image search: [Google]
1445317069327.jpg
3 KB, 190x222
>>315370583
obvious but still gold
>>
File: gamer_fuel.jpg (53 KB, 496x844) Image search: [Google]
gamer_fuel.jpg
53 KB, 496x844
>>315370531
I only needed to read one post of yours to know you are a bottom fuckboi
>>
>>315370681
>A character that doesn't flaunt his sexuality in other people's faces is not a good representation

Fuck off you retard
>>
>>315370681
No but him being gay as a character doesn't define him. Just like you don't have characters bragging about how straight they are in games, gay people don't act like that either unless they are totally flaming.
>>
>>315370790

And let me guess, by "flauting" you mean letting it slip even slightly, but when it comes to heterosexuals they might as well be banging on your face and you aren't gonna give a damn, amirite?
>>
>a gay character is a good character if I can't tell he's gay

top lol senpai

A gay character can be blatantly gay as long as his/her sexuality isn't the only or main characteristic

Give me a good/evil/funny/selfish/arrogant/heroic/cowardly gay character, not just a cardboard cutout that occasionally reminds me he likes dicks up the ass
>>
>>315370875
Holy shit, you're done. It's time to get off 4chan and go to bed.
>>
>>315371038
Nice sidestepping
>>
>>315371072
Alright I'll play.

Answer this:
What sexual orientation is Cloud Strife?
>>
>>315371248
Straight. Have you perhaps missed the presence of Tifa through the entire game?

Now change Tifa to Tifo or whatever and suddenly we get "WAAAA SJW, GAY PANDERING WAAAA H-HE'S FLAUNTING IT ON MY FAAACE MOMMAAAAA" amirite?
>>
>>315371339
>Straight
How do you know?

>the presence of Tifa
His platonic friend.
>>
>>315371413
They literally fuck if you have max relationship with her before the final dungeon
>>
>Veronica also gay

Gay bomb confirmed.
>>
File: gay tony.jpg (21 KB, 370x479) Image search: [Google]
gay tony.jpg
21 KB, 370x479
>>315371000
>>
What is the point of him being gay, though?
>>
>>315371413

>platonic

Except for the scene where they said they fucked under the airship.
>>
>>315371717
There isnt a point. He just is gay.
Some people are gay.
>>
>>315370829
>>315370790

I think what that poster is saying that it's totally ok for Nathan Drake to flirt with girls but if he was flirting with guys, everyone would just flip their shit and say this is shoving homosexuality down their throat.
>>
>>315370790
Its certainly not accurate. every gay I know is as obnoxious as possible about letting everyone know.
>>
I never even had him as a companion. I did some quests at the power plant but I don't remember even talking to him.
>>
the flamingly gay saxophone dude from Enchanted Arms.
>>
>>315371717
There is no point, that's the point. It's just a little fact about his character without defining his whole personality behind it.

If you have a character that really likes carrots, that's cool. When you have a character who solely exists because of his tendency to really like carrots, and his entire persona is based around that, then that's shitty, pandering writing.
>>
>>315371834
confirmed for shut-in.
>>
>>315371509
>>315371754

Okay so let's go with Dante from Devil May Cry.

What sexual orientation is Dante?
>>
>>315371776

My father's gay.
>>
>>315371834
Adults usually try to keep a low profile, unless they want to stay in their own gay ghetto or live as social misfits otherwise.
>>
>>315371834

You can't recognize the non-obnoxious ones as gay because they're keeping it to themselves. Or you're a psychic who can read the sexuality of everyone you meet no matter how private they want to keep it?
>>
>>315372105
>Lets keep trying till I find a character they cant prove lol
Dante wanted to fill Trishs dark soul with light, Donte fucks 2 girls at the beginning of the game.
>>
>>315372013
literally no one gives Mario shit for m-m-muh Peach but, Cortez is suddenly pandering and shitty because m-m-muh husband is mentioned more then twice.
>>
>>315370681
>i have nothing against gays, BUT

I hate the really camp ones that are all in your face about being gay
>>
>>315371784
That's about the crux of it.
Unless their gayness is as complex a character trait as "likes cowboy movies, the color mauve, oh... and dicks."
The problem is people think they know what constitutes a "good" gay character but don't even know fully well what being gay means.

>>315372013
>When you have a character who solely exists because of his tendency to really like carrots, and his entire persona is based around that, then that's shitty, pandering writing.
I'm going to guess being gay affects your life to a much greater level than having a penchant for carrots.
Probably why a character's personality can be so much more naunced by their sexuality rather than their diet.
>>
>>315372105
Instead of trying to keep firing blanks hoping you'll score, just admit you fucked up and lost the argument and move on. It's that simple.
>>
>>315372352
>I'm going to guess being gay affects your life

No it doesn't.
>>
>>315372352
>naunced by their sexuality
simply epic
>>
>>315371784
And since we're speaking about naughty dog, that's EXACTLY what /v/'s done with Ellie from TLOU.

Should I also bring up that fiasco about how the whole board lost its shit due to two guys merely standing close to each other with one of them hovering an arm over the other's shoulders while they looked at the window from bioshock or whatever, or has the point about bigotry been made sufficiently clear already?
>>
>>315371754
No they don't. They did in the initial script but the final made it much more ambiguous. It's also optional. Even if you argue they did fuck, you have to consider that Cloud also fucked like 10 guys in a hot tub.
>>
>>315370583
rekt
>>
File: kait.jpg (371 KB, 800x467) Image search: [Google]
kait.jpg
371 KB, 800x467
>>315370531
I thought Caithe from GW2 was well done, no one made a fuss about her being a lesbian except for the tranny devsand her relationship with evil salad bitch was interesting. I think the real issue with gay characters is when they draw too much attention to the "I'm gay!" part when everyone is already fucking sick of those people in real life.
>>
File: 1429274549097.jpg (50 KB, 636x781) Image search: [Google]
1429274549097.jpg
50 KB, 636x781
>>315372486
yes it does
>>
>>315371000
top kek
>>
>there are people who didn't see this guy and think haha what a fag
>there are people who didn't have their whole world view crystalised and confirmed as they saw the confirmed bachelor option, instantly achieving nirvana

Just keep trying friends, you'll find enlightenment someday
>>
>>315372352
>"likes cowboy movies, the color mauve, oh... and dicks."
Revolver Ocelot?
>>
>>315371834
>every gay I've heard about and narrowed down to a cliche because that's convenient for my bias since I don't actually socialize with anyone is as obnoxious as possible about letting everyone know

ftfy

Also,
>gays are all flamboyant!

And this is why some even manage to marry and build entire families without anyone raising a brow. Gotta love having people like you talking about shit you know absolutely nothing about.
>>
>>315370531
Doesn't he say something along the lines of wanting a man to sweep him off of his feet in the dialogue leading up to his recruitment?
And I'm not talking about the dialogue that only unlocks if you're gay as well.
>>
>>315372672
Was Manny Vargas a fag too? I remember he sounded really salty about Boone's wife.
>>
>>315372268
Hit the nail on its head.
>>
File: 270px-Mislav_TW3.png (132 KB, 270x334) Image search: [Google]
270px-Mislav_TW3.png
132 KB, 270x334
>>315370531
>>
>>315372918
He was jealous about Boone's wife because he's in love with him.
>>
>>315372918
Yeah. He has a confirmed bachelor dialogue.
>>
>>315372948

Their story was a nice touch.

There's also Phillipa and Dethmold from witcher.

I don't like how witcherfags try to bash homosexuality in the game by saying it's medieval and shit when it's clearly biased against male homosexuality only, since we even have Ciri just casually going around saying "I prefer women LOLZ" without batting an eye.
>>
>>315372918
I think it's kind of ambiguous. Seems like if Manny's gay he might not know it. Nothing really comes out of him and Boone. But you can use your homokiin powers on him so it basically confirms it.
>>
File: 1435451520288.jpg (191 KB, 968x1998) Image search: [Google]
1435451520288.jpg
191 KB, 968x1998
>>
>>315372209
>Donte
Wasn't talking about him.

>Dante wanted to fill Trishs dark soul with light
Trish was an identical clone of Dante's mom. He never wanted to fuck her, if that's what you're implying.

>>315372368
Okay, I'll fire some live ammo.

Master Chief
Mario
Altair
Samus
Kirby
Amaterasu
Ryu
Joe Musashi
Red

The point is this: None of these characters ever say they're straight. Nothing gives any evidence that they are straight or gay.

This is because their sexuality has nothing to do with their character. Being straight or gay or bi doesn't matter. The characters have far more prominent traits that matter more than sexual orientation, which is never brought up. And that's part of what makes them good characters. Their sexual orientation is never brought up because it doesn't matter. Sex and/or romance aren't part of the games, so the character's sexual orientation has absolutely no relevance, and doesn't need to be mentioned.

Does Altair ever whisper "Your sins are what led to your downfall, oh and by the way, I prefer the company of men/women."? No, because it's completely irrelevant. Much like a real human being, he's not going to put personal traits on display if he has no reason to and no one wants to know.

That's why arcade gannon is a "good" gay character: He's not a "gay character". He's a "scientist character". The only reason he tells you that he's gay is because you kept digging through dialogue trees trying to learn everything about him. If you ask him if he's gay he'll tell you, otherwise he has no reason to bring it up.

And there never is a reason to bring it up, unless it's a dating/sex game. In that case, sexual orientation is extremely relevant, and it would be expected that every character make it well known. Otherwise, it would be like bringing up how much you love jellybeans every time someone asks what time it is, or how it's going, or in the middle of a warzone, or while doing anything other than something that may involve jellybeans.
>>
>>315373256
a good majority of homophobes seem to be A-okay with lesbians (as long as they're hot)

for most people it ultimately boils down to "I find two men having sex disgusting"
>>
>>315370531
Juuichi.
>>
>>315373430
>Trish was an identical clone of Dante's mom.
>He never wanted to fuck her

Does not compute
>>
>>315373430
>dating/sex game.
This is what Bioware games are so how come everyone has a problem with their characters being upfront about how gay they are.
>>
File: Benvenuto_18.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Benvenuto_18.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>315373553
Oedipus how are you posting without any eyes
>>
File: gay tony.jpg (91 KB, 881x900) Image search: [Google]
gay tony.jpg
91 KB, 881x900
>>315370531
Best gay character, to be honest, familia.
>>
File: 36482664_big_p1.jpg (424 KB, 1000x1023) Image search: [Google]
36482664_big_p1.jpg
424 KB, 1000x1023
>>315373518
Pleb taste
>>
>>315370681
I've fucked more men than that whore you call a mother but you are still by far the biggest faggot here.
>>
>>315373593
missing the hug prompt is the most heartbreaking moment in gaming.
>>
>>315373430
Before you typed this gigantic post, did you take a single second to consider it's entirely unrelated to the issue at hand, which is the fact that OP is implying that in order for a gay character to be good this part of him must be completely hidden, which will render the fact he's gay completely meaningless in the first place and actually constitute bad writing since it doesn't serve any purpose whatsoever other than just being there?

And have you taken a moment to consider that even it this weren't the case, that the fact the character is gay is made obvious, there would also be no problem whatsoever with it, provided you have the maturity to deal with such trivial matters of everyday life, since that's exactly how it works for straights, specially in this day and age where the vast majority of stories narrow down to some alpha male beating obstacles separating him from the worshipped vagina?
>>
>>315373747
This post wins insult of the day.
I mean goddamn.
>>
>>315373697
But he was written pretty realistically. For a bear. He had feelings, but suppressed them because he thought they were just a phase. Happens a lot.
>>
>>315373747
>look guyze, I'm le bashing le gays, can I fit in now?

Sorry, the straight kids won't ever love you and you'll never be one of them. Just accept you're just like every other cocksucking faggot out there and have an easier time on yourself, sissy. Also try to make the samefagging seem less obvious.
>>
>>315372352
>I'm going to guess being gay affects your life to a much greater level than having a penchant for carrots.
Not really, these days it's pretty much as simple as swapping Tinder for Grindr.
The only way it significantly impacts your life is if other people give you shit for it, and I fail to see why one's identity should be based on other people's idiocy.

Eat too many carrots and it'll turn your fucking skin yellow, try living like that and see how it affects your life.
>>
>>315373469
to be honest, ugly dykes are the most repulsive beings on the planet. My home town has like 1 per sq/m.
>hoodie
>wife beater
>basketball shorts
"This is appropriate everyday attire, now excuse me while I spend all day avoiding female pronouns and have nasty PDA with this bitch I break up with every month or so"
>>
>>315373294
>zomg why wont these gays just stay inside and stop being weird where i can see them so i dont have to think about them

The fucking irony. Why do you think they started the pride parades? Go on, have a think.
>>
>>315370583
epic bantz
>>
>>315370531
I vaguely remember in Assassin's Creed Rogue, there was a letter in a bottle about a man and his lover who got stranded on a desert island which doesn't make it so obvious. If you go to the island you find two dead bodies. Both men.

Not really main characters but I thought it was done well.
>>
>>315372105
pizzasexual
>>
>>315373917
>other people
That could be your parents, or some asshole with violent tendencies.
Yeah, but being a vegetarian is pretty bad if you're constantly announcing it. No one's gonna make you homeless or beat you up for being a vegetarian though. Damn... should of went with Tinder instead.
>>
>>315372568
Gw2 story was ass and caithe was an ass of a salad.
>>
>Im gay and my whole personality has to draw to that one shallow fact and there is nothing else to my character

Literally how they want characters to be designed.
>>
>>315373756
>entirely unrelated to the issue at hand
Clearly my "gigantic" post was too long for you to read. Which is odd, considering how familiar you should be with gigantic posts.

>in order for a gay character to be good this part of him must be completely hidden, which will render the fact he's gay completely meaningless in the first place
YES! That's the point. Being gay isn't about being a spectacle. It's not about being special or different or otherwise not normal. Being gay is just like being straight. IT DOESN'T MATTER.

>bad writing since it doesn't serve any purpose whatsoever other than just being there?
That's the purpose it serves. It says volumes in what it doesn't say. It's making the salient point that being gay doesn't make you who you are. Gay people are just people. There's so much more to them than just their sexual orientation. That's the point the game makes, and that's why Arcade Gannon is a good gay character. He's more than just gay. He's a person first. It's not about hiding his homosexuality, since he's upfront enough about it once you ask him. It's about putting his other traits first, since being gay isn't what he's all about.

Honestly, it just sounds like you have some kind of agenda here, like you're trying to "root out" some kind of latent homophobia that is permeating everything, like you're some kind of progressive hero because you're cool with gay people. Well guess what? No one gives a shit, because like you said, everyone's cool with gay people now. Gay people aren't special, and neither are you.
>>
>>315373867
No you just need to start taking hormone replacements and go be with all the fucking women

Being a caricature is disgusting and it's why you are here whining about who is getting fucked in the ass virtually instead of actually getting fucked in the ass irl you mangina
>>
I think people who spend most of their days shut inside playing video games shouldnt really have a say in which video gay video character is the best or not
>>
Can this thread die?
It's been done before
>>
But he's not gay.
>>
>>315373917
It's not though. Being mid-20s and gay it's like we've barely managed to stop being treated as 2nd class citizen, but there are a ton of assholes still out to get you for no real fucking reason. I just wanna play my vidya with my bf, Geesh.
>>
>>315373430
>And there never is a reason to bring it up, unless it's a dating/sex game

This is completely wrong. Humans are heavily sexualized animals and sex does play a large role in a human's life. It's an always present part of our life and influences a lot of our actions, from random thoughts to the people you most often hang with to the one you choose to spend your life together with. So no, your assumption has no basis whatsoever because the mere presence of a character's SO in any story from a non-dating/sex game, which IS a manifestation of his sexuality that is also even tangible, would shatter it meaningless.

Besides, homosexuality is a rich field for personal character development with all the prejudice going around it in pretty much all the eras. We even have an example here in this very thread, which is >>315372948. Now go ahead and tell me the fact he's gay wasn't the very foundation to this character's personal drama.
>>
Jade Empire had Sky, who only came out as gay if you flirted with him as a male character.

KotoR had Juhani, same circumstance.
>>
he was gay? how do you even find this out?
>>
>>315374354
Talk to him.

Use the gay perk on him.
>>
>>315373430
A lot of your examples are devoid of personality altogether.
And that's usually because their personalities aren't being used to drive a story.
You could have just as well said, "Oh yea, well, what sexual orientation is the L-shaped tetris piece?"

>This is because their sexuality has nothing to do with their character.
Sure, it has nothing to do with THOSE characters, because they weren't written that way.

The whole point is that in making a believable world wherein a diverse range of sexuality exists, it would possibly create friction and thus be important to that character or story.
Just the same as race, skin color, etc.

>>315373917
>Not really
>The only way it significantly impacts your life is if other people give you shit for it
These two things seem to be in conflict.
Because people DO give people shit for being gay.
Maybe not in your particular area, and that's great, but there's still some shitty parts of the US where being gay is rough.
Also, there's still parts of the world where people are killed for being gay.
Uganda and Russia come to mind.
>>
>>315371834
I've never really known a straight person to ever hide the fact that they want to fuck women.

>Why should they?

I could ask the same thing.
>>
>>315371573
I thought gay tony wasn't actually gay, he just put on the act because the gay nightclub business was good
>>
>>315374514
>Isnt gay
>have to chase the dude he was fucking on a moped
>>
>>315374354
If you select the option "HATE MEN?" on the dialogue wheel, he responds with telling you "Actually, I prefer their company."
>>
>>315374329
Who the fuck is he pizzano
>>
>>315374502
>Maybe not in your particular area, and that's great, but there's still some shitty parts of the US where being gay is rough.
And that's an issue with that area. Not an issue inherent to being gay.
>>
>>315374263

Yes, he's more than gay, but before rushing past through this point like you're always doing, let's stop at the fact that he *is* also gay. It's not just some point of his personality that we trumple over and jump straight to the next trait. The one who seems to trying to hamfist an agenda here is you since you're clearly preoccupied with smothering the possibilities that this trait might ensue.

Also I like how you've suddenly jumped into associating gayness with playing the special snowflake when nobody whatsoever has even hinted at this connection, which ironically does tell a lot about what you actually think about it. Gratz on shooting your own feet.
>>
>>315374329
>Hi! I have to rub my pisser on LITERALLY EVERYTHING
>What are we doin here? Fixing cars? WELL DO YOU THINK I COULD DO IT GAY?
>What now? Makin brownies? THINK A GAY COULD DO IT?!?!
>lol i'm so brave.
>>
>>315374570
It's been 5+ years since I've played it, but I could have swore there was a scene where he says he isn't actually gay. I can't find anything online saying he isn't gay though. Damn maybe I'm retarded
>>
>>315373430
Even your live ammo managed to fuck up.
Altair canonically fugs that one templar chick.
I think you might just be bad at picking up on these things.
>>
>>315374279

Oh I get it, you're one of those closet virgin tryhards who are still trying to compensate for the fact he's gay by creating"chastes" in the gay community where you conveniently appear as the top. Probably the biggest cliche there is.

"Nah, I'm not like them, I am better, see, I do this and that, now let me pat myself on the back"

Guess what, sissy, you're just another cocksucker like all the other cocksuckers out there. When it comes to cock, you're down on all fours like any of the other "caricatures" or whatever made-up image you have mind. The sooner you deal with it, the better, faggot.
>>
File: 1345345.jpg (34 KB, 363x541) Image search: [Google]
1345345.jpg
34 KB, 363x541
>>315373917
>straight guy commenting about how hard it is to be gay

Oh yes, tell us more.
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 273x273) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 273x273
>>315371570
>mfw when I found out Veronicafu is gay
>>
>>315374263
>Being gay is just like being straight. IT DOESN'T MATTER.
I mean, I wish that were the case but it's not. More than half of the world think gays are demonic, mentally ill, pedophiles, and should be jailed or executed. Even in America, despite gay marriage passing, gays still get discriminated in certain states and can get fired or evicted easily for being gay.

To me, being gay is just whatever. And it should be no big deal, but society is what makes a big deal out of it by persecuting homos.

>Arcade Gannon is a good gay character. He's more than just gay. He's a person first.
You're sort of implying that a good gay shouldn't be about their homosexuality, ie. their relationships or promiscuity. Lot of straight characters have huge emphasis on their sexuality, ie. girlfriends, fetish, sex, in addition to their multi-faceted personality.

I like Arcade, but I wouldn't mind if he talked about his homosexuality more. I like talking to characters and hearing stories about their girlfriend, boyfriend, marriages, sex, etc.
>>
>>315374653
>And that's an issue with that area. Not an issue inherent to being gay.
Let me see if I have what you're saying correctly.
You're saying, "But not in my particular bubble. There's no problem with being gay here. So therefore there isn't a problem."
Is that right?
>>
>>315372486
Your sexuality affects your ENTIRE life. Sex and love is a huge part of life. Its not something you can just ignore or avoid talking about. Even here on /v/, land of the virgins, most threads and posts are about how someone wants to fuck X character.
>>
>>315373430
Master Chief is more a machine than man, and has severely reduced sex drive as a side effect of the augmentations done on him and hasn't had a girlfriend or sex in his entire life, asexual

Mario clearly has a relationship with Peach, which is fucking obvious to any 8 year old, straight

At some point through AC2 there is literally a scene where you witness Altair fuck a woman. For that matter all Assassins you play as must have been straight or at least bi, because if they never had children, the entire concept of genetic memories of your ancestors doesn't make sense

Amaterasu is a dog, they'll fuck anything if they feel like it
>>
>>315374689
>getting this buttblasted because you can't refute a post

apply ointment to the burned area
>>
>>315374923
>No one understands me!
Puberty is hard.
>>
File: 1380492658392.jpg (126 KB, 632x932) Image search: [Google]
1380492658392.jpg
126 KB, 632x932
>>315374654
Do you have female friends?
Do you wear effeminate colors?

You are everything I DON'T look for in a guy, and most people in general feel that way.

Men shouldn't act like females with penises, and that is what you are championing whether you think you are or aren't.

It's taken years for people to finally stop giving a shit who I'm attracted to, the last enemies we have are faggots like you who want to drag us into the past and make me cringe at every shitty attempt at women trying to make a gay character.
>>
>>315375206
Being straight must be hard.
>>
>>315375206
keep digging, straight pampered baby
>>
File: not your shoes.jpg (136 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
not your shoes.jpg
136 KB, 900x900
>>315374923
>>
>>315375069
I like how your opinions try cater to both sides of the argument, while the anon you reply to is a gigantic faggot( as in stupid)
>>
File: 1111111111322.png (313 KB, 528x419) Image search: [Google]
1111111111322.png
313 KB, 528x419
>>315371991
Man, I loved that nigga as a character.
>>
>>315374923

I'm gay, faggot. Why the fuck would you just randomly presume by sexuality like that?
>>
>>315375237
Nobody gives a fuck about what you think and what you tell yourself to deal with your repressed feelings, so go shit up your made up rules over someone else. Not a hard concept, isn't it?
>>
>>315374836
No, I'm just someone has hasn't forgotten he's a fucking man who likes other MEN, not these feminized little boys.

You are asking for outlandish caricatures of men be made by women developers to fulfill your own sick desire of familiarity.

Real men have been in games for awhile, how about you fucking appreciate them.
>>
>>315375073

I'm saying it's not a problem inherent to being gay. I don't see what's hard to understand about that.
Forced marriage is a huge issue in certain areas, doesn't mean it's something that inherently affects all womens' daily lives.
>>
>>315375203
What's there to refute? You're saying humans are rape machines who can't move past base instincts of Eat, Fuck, Sleep.

Sounds like projection to me
>>
>>315370583
I don't get it.
>>
>>315375396
Sounds like you're a self-hating sheltered faggot.
>>
>>315375494
That's literally not what he said.
>>
>>315375409
Repressed feelings? You are the one looking for female traits inside of men to make yourself feel more accommodated to.

You are a fucking joke and a traitor to men everywhere.
>>
>>315374654
Well I'm still here, let's get into it.

I know the point you're making: Arcade Gannon is a shitty gay character, or just not a gay character, because his gayness has literally zero impact/importance. They may as well have not made him mention anything at all, since it seems like they just decided to throw that in there at the last minute, and it could have been thrown into any character's dialogue with the same effect.

So what then? Do gay characters have to use their gayness to qualify? Is sexuality measured in actions instead of intentions? Why can't a character just happen to be gay without it being a defining characteristic?

>>315375069
>Lot of straight characters have huge emphasis on their sexuality, ie. girlfriends, fetish, sex, in addition to their multi-faceted personality.

Yes, and characters whose primary characterization is
>Yeah, I fuck women! Is that a woman? I want to fuck her vagina! Those boobs are arousing to me!
are also bad characters.
We shouldn't be making sexually-charged characters the standard. We should be making sexuality a character trait that only arises when it's relevant, either in conversation, or in action.
The only reason we aren't is because modern games are made for reviewers, who don't have time to uncover all the nuances of every character in a game. They need to have a character's homosexuality shoved in their face so that they can praise the devs for being progressive, winning said devs publicity and public relations brownie points.
>>
>>315375459
And who's to say I don't? You're the one who barged in attentionwhoring with unrelated asinine garbage and posting about how you're such a special snowflake because you hate le gays. Fuck off.
>>
>>315375237
Straight bros still go "What u r gay???" like it's some sort of revelation that a fat muscly hairy giant want to fuck fat muscly hairy giants.

Then they'll say shit like "as long as you don't flirt with me silly gay boys", and get insecure and hurt still when you tell them that you're actually into fat hairy giants.

Tru story for this weekend. Let effeminate guys just be who they are, who gives a shit. Assholes will look for every excuse to he an asshole anyway.
>>
File: sweden yes.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sweden yes.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Subtle gay characters are good, it's when they push it into your face it becomes irritating.
>>
>>315375494
>What's there to refute? You're saying humans are rape machines who can't move past base instincts of Eat, Fuck, Sleep.

What, is that wrong?

You've probably eaten in the past day hopefully
you've alive meaning you parents at least got some if you haven't already
and you probably sleep unless you're some sort of spooky skeleton or something.

I mean sure humans do more than that but we certainly haven't moved past them.

Also rape is a pretty common form of reproduction, even if it has died down as of late.
>>
File: 39660925_p0.jpg (538 KB, 614x819) Image search: [Google]
39660925_p0.jpg
538 KB, 614x819
Yangus says his ideal life is living with you in a small house with you by the fireplace.
He's probably not actually gay, but still.
>>
>>315375608
>You are the one looking for female traits inside of men

Point me ANYWHERE where I said this. Go on, do it. You've just completely blown your own head off with this and proved that you are indeed nothing more than a self-hating faggot because I have only been talking about homosexuality here, yet you instantly made the connection to "female traits inside of men", which really does tell a lot about how you view things.

You're done through and through, sissy. Bet you even have a nasal voice.
>>
>>315375579
Except it's like the 2nd sentence.
>>
>>315375750
Do you not masturbate close to every day or something? Most people do. People think about sex a lot. Deal with it.
>>
If his faggotry is so irrelevant, why make him a faggot at all?
>>
>>315375731
>Sven's Bizzare Adventure
>>
>>315375626
>I know the point you're making: Arcade Gannon is a shitty gay character, or just not a gay character, because his gayness has literally zero impact/importance

No it's not. I'm sorry but you're seriously retarded. I even carefully typed out what is it with OP's post that bothers me and yet just look at this garbage you've typed.

I never said he's a shitty character due to this. In fact, I never even said he's a shitty character altogether (protip: he's not). What I said is that OP is being a hypocrite when he considers him a good gay character solely because this part of him is completely hidden away.

I'm done discussing this with you because you can't even follow basic lines of thought.
>>
>>315370531
Its easier to count who is straight in the game...
>Majority of joinable NPCs in Fallout: New Vegas are gay.
>>
>>315375626
>character's homosexuality shoved in their face

I'm sure some games do make homosexuality a tokenism (Bioware games especially) but I think what you're saying any display of same sex relationship is essentially shoving homosexuality in people's face. Like how many people on /v/ got buttflustered over Ellie being lesbian and kissing a girl, whereas I doubt the same would have happened if she kissed a boy.

>>Yeah, I fuck women! Is that a woman? I want to fuck her vagina! Those boobs are arousing to me!

I like some characters like this, like Johnny Bravo. It can be executed badly or well, doesn't mean it's a bad trope.
>>
>>315375528

Sheltered in the sense that I don't live in a homophobic shithole (which is something we as a society should strive for, not mock), would have to travel great distances to find one, and have grown up with such an innate a sense of "wtf do you even mean 'its okay to be gay'? That isn't even something that needs to be said" that being targeted with such homophobia simply has zero emotional power over me? Sure.
Self-hating? Lolno, what reason would I possibly have to be self-hating? (Other than all the reasons straight people are also self hating, because hey I'm still on 4chan)
>>
This whole fucking thread. I can't tell if it's false-flagging or if it really is tumblr in here.

I'm half expecting a straight-faced 'die cis scum' at this point.
>>
>>315375637
Attentionwhoring?
Whining?

Look at yourself, you are behaving like a fucking woman, is this the way you want people to know you as? Some whiny cunt?

Do I think that there should be more gay characters in video games, sure, but you know what I really want?

Less shitty developers making shitty characters in general.

I'm tired of rainbow haired women putting perverted versions of gay men in video games for their own pleasure, it's no different than what the US cartoons did during WW2 or before black civil rights.

Don't blindly ask for some gay character without also asking for all the shitty developers to stop making shitty characters in general.
>>
>>315375626
>Yes, and characters whose primary characterization is
>Yeah, I fuck women! Is that a woman? I want to fuck her vagina! Those boobs are arousing to me!
>are also bad characters.

I like how you jump to the opposite extreme while conveniently ignoring the middle point, which is what everyone here is focusing at, in order to make a point.
>>
>>315375808
Maybe so but i'm not going to pull out my cock and shove a float needle up it when i'm fixing my carburetor.

You're just biased because in a scramble to be accepted you claw at every single bit of "representation" you can get from phony fictional characters.
>>
>>315375993
>Look at yourself, you are behaving like a fucking woman, is this the way you want people to know you as? Some whiny cunt?

The irony is just too rich.
>>
>>315376043
Prove it.
>>
>>315375983
Can you please delete this post, it's really problematic.
>>
File: smug.jpg (68 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
68 KB, 540x405
>>315375983
>>
>>315375489
>I'm saying it's not a problem inherent to being gay.
Using the word inherent doesn't make any sense to me the way you're using it.
It'd probably be better if you clarified in another way.

>Forced marriage is a huge issue in certain areas, doesn't mean it's something that inherently affects all womens' daily lives.
So if someone wrote about a vidya character, a woman, who lived in a rural part India and was talking about her husband would you prefer she not mention her arranged marriage?
Maybe after really having to pry it out of them, and then they never mention it again.
>>
File: 789456123456.jpg (25 KB, 421x295) Image search: [Google]
789456123456.jpg
25 KB, 421x295
>>315375608
>>315375749
Still waiting.
>>
>>315376103
Well you're doing a fine job for me.

You're arguing against "Can't a given character just focus on the task at hand and not be a lust crazed maniac?"
>>
File: file.png (788 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
file.png
788 KB, 1280x720
>>315370531
Witcher 3 had a pretty good one.
>>
>>315375749
How defensive you are acting means you are;
>omg I am feeling so like attacked right now

That's the sign of a woman, you are digging a hole for yourself and there's nothing in this thread that will ever make you feel better about yourself, just let it fucking go

I've a nice voice by the way, I do radio broadcasts on the weekends.
>>
File: 1401095256383.jpg (117 KB, 457x560) Image search: [Google]
1401095256383.jpg
117 KB, 457x560
>>315376208
That reminds me, I found a pic of a 3D guy who looks just like this pic of Yangus.
Minus, you know, the head hair.
>>
>>315376214

Oy vey. Just forget it, you're so far off the mark I cbf'd explaining.
Big fat no to the second part of your post, I don't even know where you're pulling that from.
>>
>>315376208
No I'm not.
>>
>>315373756
>this part of him must be completely hidden
>>315375924
>this part of him is completely hidden away

You keep saying this, like you know what you're talking about.

And it's wrong. Like, false. Not true. Incorrect.

It's not hidden at all. It's very easy to find. All you have to do is talk to him about it, and he says it. Why would he say it if you didn't ask or try to hit on him or something? Should he carry a sign? Maybe wear an arm band with a logo of homosexuality to demonstrate his orientation? Maybe he should start with "Hi, I'm Arcade Gannon, known homosexual. I am attracted/unattracted to you because you are/aren't a man."
>>
>>315376385
Meant for >>315376259
>>
But what about flamboyant but definitely straight characters? like pagan Min.
>>
>>315376291

So you can't point out where I said it? No quote or anything? Nothing at all other than you on your paragraph long parades of whining and aimless bitching while ironically calling others a woman?

As I said. You're done for through and through and you've just made it even more obvious.

Keep compensating though.
>>
If you're gay, I hope you get AIDS and die and lucky for me, the odds of that happening are pretty good since faggot men make up more than half of all new HIV infections

Enjoy your degeneracy while it lasts faggots
>>
>>315370531
I liked Arcade beside the fact CoA are fucking commies.
>>
>>315373430
Altair fucks a female guard
>>
>>315376412

This.
In fact I'm pretty sure there are also dialogue options about completely innocuous things that will cause him to mention it naturally in passing on his own. It's not hidden at all.
>>
>>315376465
What are you trying to get out of this?
I'm being real with you, stop thinking about video games for a moment.

What character in a real life tv show or movie do you think should be used as an example of what video games should strive for?
>>
>>315376412

You have to go upon layers and layers of dialogue for him to give some vague hint about it, which is why most people don't even notice it.

Now as for the main issue itself, I'm sorry again but you indeed legitimately demented, holy christ.

Here, let me take your hand and guide you right back to what OP said:

>Best gay character in gaming
>You can go through the entire game without realizing he is gay

OP is saying he's the best gay character in gaming because you can barely notice he's gay and that this is exactly how it should be. See? It's very simple isn't it?That's all there is to it.
>>
>>315375819
You have to ask personal questions or outright flirt with him to find out.
It's called giving a character a backstory/making them more than 2 dimensional.
>>
>>315371573
This answers your question OP

The best way to do a gay character is by making it a joke. Super cereal homosex relationships in Bioware games isn't fun - but working for the gay boss in GTA is.
>>
File: ike.png (372 KB, 936x1024) Image search: [Google]
ike.png
372 KB, 936x1024
Runs away with Soren or that blue cat guy.
>>
>>315375980
>mock
Yeah, you're retarded.
You hate the people that represent you, or at least feel represent you. Same could be said for black people with niggers. They got Civil Rights like 50 years ago, and they still have discrimination issues. What makes you think us gays have it all fine and dandy now?
>>
>>315376726
>What are you trying to get out of this?

I'm trying to get you to hold on to your word and show me exactly where I said anything about wanting feminine traits in men, on which you base your entire bitchy posts about, while you try to dance around the subject and sidestep to dodge the bullet because I have never said such thing.

But please do keep up with the damage control.
>>
Kung Lao's nephew was fine

>extremely vague hint at being gay by Raiden
>had to be confirmed via devs on twitter

He was kind of a cunt though.
>>
>>315376758
>You have to go upon layers and layers of dialogue for him to give some vague hint about it, which is why most people don't even notice it.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone talk about Arcade without his gayness being brought up. Who is missing it exactly?
And going through layers of dialogue is pretty much the entire game. Yes, if you don't interact with a character at all, you probably won't find out that they're gay, or their political views, or their backstory, or their desires. Shocker.

Different anon, I just can't believe anyone would call Arcade's sexuality 'hidden'. It's not hidden at all. It's treated completely naturally. That's why it's well done.

And for comparison, this same universe contains an NCR ranger who's homosexuality IS hidden, because it's not acceptable in his line of work, and this can only be discovered if you use Confirmed Bachelor to flirt with him
>>
>>315376758
>he's the best gay character in gaming because you can barely notice he's gay and that this is exactly how it should be
Exactly. I don't see how anyone could think this is wrong, unless they were disappointed that the gay character wasn't a flamer. He has no reason to mention he's gay until the player asks him. He's just a cool scientist guy who happens to be gay, not a gay guy who happens to be a scientist.
>>
>>315376898
This isn't damage control, I'm asking you what are you fucking looking for, what character do you think should be made?

All you've been doing is bitching, you've made almost a 30 posts in this fucking thread, you are embarrassing yourself but in spite of that I still want to understand what the fuck you are trying to look for in your OP you outrageous faggot.

WHAT CHARACTER ARE YOU LOOKING FOR THAT NEEDS TO BE MADE
>>
>>315376890
>You hate the people that represent you
No I don't? Only I represent me. I don't give a fuck how someone else expresses themselves, sexually or otherwise, it doesn't have an impact on me, because once again I don't live in a homophobic shithole where other people's actions are used against me just because of an arbitrary trait we have in common.
>>
>>315376367
>Big fat no to the second part of your post, I don't even know where you're pulling that from.
I'll explain it to you.
The whole point of contention from most people here seems to be "a well written gay character is one that either doesn't mention it, or barely mentions it à la Arcade Gannon."

You brought up Forced Marriage.
I analogize forced marriage with being gay to show how these are both real world events that affect people, and stories and characters that reflect real world situations would obviously bring them up.

If you're the same person from the start of this conversation then you said
>Not really, these days it's pretty much as simple as swapping Tinder for Grindr.
and
>I fail to see why one's identity should be based on other people's idiocy.
Meaning to me that you don't seem to get that being gay affects your life in much more a profound way just because YOU don't see it happening.
>>
>>315377018
>a gay guy who happens to be a scientist.
This made me laugh for some reason.
>>
File: 1404460279621.png (7 KB, 201x199) Image search: [Google]
1404460279621.png
7 KB, 201x199
>>315375983
I have never used this image as sincerely as I am now.
>>
File: latest[1].png (249 KB, 413x545) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
249 KB, 413x545
>>
>People who defend San Francisgays

gross
>>
File: Volgin.jpg (21 KB, 418x301) Image search: [Google]
Volgin.jpg
21 KB, 418x301
Duh
>>
File: 1445490862233.png (63 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1445490862233.png
63 KB, 600x600
>>315375739

I hope he is
>>
>1% of army/marine soldiers are gay
>in your gaming career you have fought alongside countless gay comrades all over the world against a variety of enemies
>you never knew
>you treated them as your ally without caring about their sexuality
>yfw COD does gays in gaming correctly
>>
>>315377401
>1%

>Countless

The autism is real.
>>
>>315377129
Again, sheltered self-hating faggot who loathes the idea that other people express themselves.
Get over it, you have it just fine.
>>
File: Miller Speedo.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Miller Speedo.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
>>315377401
>you never knew
You Wot m8
>>
>>315370681
I have nothing against gays, BUT I don't want them to tell me they are gay either, I don''t give a fuck. Homosexuality isn't their only defining trait or the central point of their character, if someone's defining trait is homosexuality might as well commit suicide.

Kill yourself.
Sage.
>>
>>315377494
have you counted?
>>
>>315373747
>>315373867
>>315374279
>>315374836
>>315375459
>>315375637
two fags arguing
literally
>>
>>315377178
>Meaning to me that you don't seem to get that being gay affects your life in much more a profound way just because YOU don't see it happening.

It doesn't affect everybody's lives, and it doesn't affect everyone in the same way.
Like women and forced marriage. Women who are affected by it are affected by it, women who aren't affected by it aren't affected by it.
What is so difficult for you to understand?

Are you a male? Boy, must be hard being a victim of prison rape.
Are you female? Tell me how motherhood has changed your life.
Are you Catholic? I hope you got over being molested.

These are all things that affect the people belonging to these groups. Doesn't mean they affect literally everyone who falls in that group.
Discrimination, loneliness, AIDS, coming out, religion, etc are things that will affect many gays. That doesn't mean anyone who's gay will automatically deal with any of them, or that any gay character has to automatically represent any of them. And to imply such a thing is only boxing gay people in with those issues as if they're inseparable.
Once straight people get the fuck over themselves, there's no reason being gay has to have literally any impact on life other than dating pool shrinkage and more lube money.
>>
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 289x175) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 289x175
>>315370531
>What made him a good gay character
-Player "Hey, you gay?"
-Arcade "fuck off, we need to stop caesar."
>His sexuality never mattered and wasn't forced in your face.
>>
>>315377592
They're just trying to fuck you. How else are they gonna open up their sex pool? Don't even go there with Grindr/Online, shit's shady.
>>
>>315377535
lolbutthat'stheoppositeofwhatijustsaid

Toodles then, faggot
>>
>>315377592
>I have nothing against gays
>I don''t give a fuck
>BUT I don't want them to tell me they are gay either
>if someone's defining trait is homosexuality might as well commit suicide

???
>>
>>315374745
>>315376581
In his defense, AC2 was the point when the series went full retard. AC1 didn't have any shitty romance.
>>
>>315377791
Oh look, another retort with nothing substantial.
Ciao.
>>
>>315377535
Not him, I'm the other guy you raged at and called a self-hating faggot.

You are the cancer on the LGBT movement and a shining example as to why it took so long for gay marriage to become common place in the first world.

You have done nothing in this thread to either provide answers to what characters you would like to see represented in video games, or be able to have a conversation like an adult.

You are everything people hate about not just gay people, but of people in general, and I would apologize to all of these people in this thread for your actions if only I felt we were in same group, but you've shone you are just a living angry little caricature.
>>
>>315377830
I don't want to have their homosexuality shoved in my face. I don't care that they're gay because I won't treate them different, but I also don't want them to flaunt it or tell me about it unless I ask, just like I don't like sluts getting on my face about how slutty they are.

Most gays I've known based their entire persona around the fact that they were gay, they were shallow and uninteresting people who's only and main defining trait was the fact that they were homosexual, the special snowflake syndrome.

Other's sexuality is none of my business, and I don't want to know nor care about who you fuck in your bed. Just for the same reason I don't want a furry telling me "yeah man I'm so fur, I love fucking my dogs man, so good", I also don't want a homosexual telling me about his preferences, nor a slut about her preferences.
>>
>>315370531

Is that really the only way to do it?
>>
>>315378035
The Witcher 3 had some pretty nicely written gay characters.
I recall the huntsman and another guard somewhere. There was also the transvestitte elf.
>>
Why are people obsessed with the sexual preference of other people?
>>
>>315378198
Because OP can't get any irl, he has to have it in vidya
>>
>>315378025
>just like I don't like sluts getting on my face about how slutty they are.

How about if it's just like a guy or girl and there's proof that they are heterosexual? Is that also shoving their sexuality in your face?
>>
>>315378025
>Most gays I've known based their entire persona around the fact that they were gay, they were shallow and uninteresting people who's only and main defining trait was the fact that they were homosexual, the special snowflake syndrome.

I know this exists but I don't think it's as prevalent as you think. Maybe you only notice these types of gay people because the other types of gay people, ie. regular people who just happen to like the same sex, don't express their homosexuality overtly with rainbow flags and glitter and makeup. I'm sure the regular gays outnumber the flamboyant ones, they're just not as visible.

>I don't want to have their homosexuality shoved in my face.
What does this mean though? A guy kissing his boyfriend or a girl holding hands with her girlfriend in public? Is that shoving it in your face?
>>
>>315378198
exactly. Who gives a fuck.
>Look at me, I'm gay, ain't I special? Did you know I'm gay? Yup, gayest as can be here don't you target me you silly little heteros you're just jealous of how gay I am

Jesus, SHUT UP and learn to be a decent human being instead of letting your labels define you

newsflash: people don't hate you cause you're gay/fat/a girl/a feminist/a robot in disguise, people hate you cause you're a miserable person who can't go two seconds without shouting to the world that they should accept your fucking horrible personality
>>
>>315378283
But heterosexuality is normalcy, and it is assumed by default everyone is heterosexual. Even if they happen not to be, it makes no difference, or at least should not make a difference in how the people are treated.

What you're trying to do now is say "hurr it's okay when heteros do it", but actually, it is. Because being heterosexual is the norm, and it is expected, but not forced on people.
>>
>>315378283
There are some people who don't like romance at all, shoving sexuality is a lot like that, I'd say there are varying demographics that need to be catered to and some need not be present if there is no audience for it.
>>
>>315377995
Oh, so I'm a caricature for wanting gays to be represented at all in vidya?
Let me see the posts where I explicitly say that. Oh right, just because I'm fine with femmes not being portrayed as villains I must be a flamer.
>>
>>315378336
I don't want them to flaunt about how gay they are. They can kiss whoever they want, that is an expression of affection and love and it is fine for both heterosexual and homosexual people to do.

I do not like it when heterosexuals do it either though, I think it's not my concern so I just ignore it.

And here's a little spoiler for you: I am gay
>>
>>315378395
This. They make up like 2% of the population and instead make it out to be 50%.
>>
>>315378495

Most estimates put non-heterosexuality at around 25-30%.
>>
>>315378395
>>315378495

So even if it's expressed and executed in the exact same manner, even if it's as subtle as some heterosexual romances or even allusions, it's still counting as obnoxious and annoying to you?

I know some crazy tumblrites go crazy when they see an ad for a romcom movie and it shows a guy and a girl together and call it "HETSHIT", you know
>>
>>315378553
Source?
>>
>>315377703
>Are you a male? Boy, must be hard being a victim of prison rape.
Are you a male, in prison, in a mature game?
Then prison rape could possibly come up as a topic.
And you're not a WELL WRITTEN character because you either never bring it up, or it doesn't define your character.
You're a well written character because if prison rape affected you, you could possibly talk about it because it sure as hell would affect someone.
But you know... Prison rape doesn't affect everyone so let's not ever bring it up.
>Are you female? Tell me how motherhood has changed your life.
Same for this. Does the woman in the game get pregnant?
Well obviously it shouldn't define her character because only some women get pregnant and I don't want to hear about that.

I'm not arguing for quotas on how a character SHOULD be represented.
I'm saying the statement that a well written gay character is one who hides their sexuality because "it doesn't matter" when it clearly does, is an extremely narrow-sighted view.
>>
File: 1433045979950.jpg (69 KB, 545x369) Image search: [Google]
1433045979950.jpg
69 KB, 545x369
>>315378553
>citation needed
You're going to need a lot if you want to pass off this most bullshit.
>>
>>315378572
>So even if it's expressed and executed in the exact same manner, even if it's as subtle as some heterosexual romances or even allusions, it's still counting as obnoxious and annoying to you?

Only you have said that, nobody here has said that.
Stop putting words in other people's mouths for the sake of your argument.
>>
>>315378553
Flat
Out
Bullshit
>>
>>315378572
Nowhere at all did I imply that anon.
>>
>>315370829

/v/ still gets triggered just by implied gayness, like that gay couple in the background that do nothing but look out on a balcony. It's okay for straight couples to be present in gaming when it has no impact, but it's wrong for gays.
>>
>>315378584
>>315378624
>>315378646
Think he's saying that at least 20% of people are a little bit bicurious, non that they are full-on faggots.
>>
>>315378495

This, since it's 2% of the population, it should be expressed in 2% level of visibility in a piece of media, or at 2% frequency.

>>315378572

Like the vast majority of most normal people, they don't enjoy seeing any romantic things or hearing about relationships, or hearing that a guy is interested in girls, or that a girl likes a guy, or showing a married couple or some guy talking about his wife or whatever, and so on. That kind of shit has no place in games.

There ideally should be no romance or allusions to sexual orientation at all in media, especially videogames, where it should be about the GAMEPLAY. But if there is going to be that sort of stuff, then it SHOULD be heterosexuality, and only if it's very relevant to the plot.
>>
>>315378440
You've called every other gay man in this thread a self-hating faggot, yet you think you are the one whose shit doesn't stink?

You know who my favorite characters are?

John Marston and Dom Santiago.

Are they gay? No. Do I care? No.
Do I find them attractive as fuck? Yes.

In more ways than one, those are two good examples of characters that speak to me, they didn't have to be gay for me to like them, I fapped to them irregardless.

And that's all that matters, a character doesn't have to be gay, or straight, or trans or any of that shit, they just have to be able to give you a boner.
>>
>>315378613
>Are you a male, in prison, in a mature game?
>Then prison rape could possibly come up as a topic.
And that's fine.
That doesn't mean it's applicable to any male character anywhere. Just like a certain gay issue isn't applicable to any gay anywhere.
In some country, gay people are fucking executed. That doesn't mean it's applicable to the story of a gay dude from Frisco.

>I'm saying the statement that a well written gay character is one who hides their sexuality because "it doesn't matter" when it clearly does, is an extremely narrow-sighted view.
That's nothing I was stating, and not what most people ITT are stating. Arcade's sexuality isn't remotely hidden, it simply is, and it's not a big deal. Which is exactly what life is like for many gays, and exactly what we should be striving for as the real life norm, since nobody wants a life of bullshit because of one random aspect of themselves. That doesn't mean the bullshit can't be represented, just that it's not all there is.
>>
>>315378705
/v/ gets triggered because they were probably put there to pander to the faggots that complain about a tiny minority being under represented in the medium.
Given how EA likes to deflect all legitimate criticism of its games as homophobia this is a rather understandable reaction.
>>
>>315378705
that's because homosexuality is unnatural and abhorrent
>>
>>315378705

That's because straights are normal.
>>
>>315378705
Most video game consumers are straight white males. Putting in faggot couples literally for the sake of putting in faggot couples serves no purpose. It;s like how most games have that one minority these days as well, it's fucking pointless but developers do it anyway because faggots and liberals whine non stop otherwise
>>
>>315378808
20% being bi-curios is still bullshit. I might buy 8% but 20%? Nigger pls
>>
>>315370531
I realised straight away.

Can heterofags really not tell?
>>
>>315378901
>>315378878

/v/ only reacts against gays in games since they're obviously always put in there to pander. That's a fair reason to be against this shit in games.

if it was up to me, there wouldn't be any romance or sexuality in games at all.
>>
>>315378613
>I'm saying the statement that a well written gay character is one who hides their sexuality because "it doesn't matter" when it clearly does, is an extremely narrow-sighted view.

>it clearly does

says who? you? I have a gay friend, only knew he was gay recently and noone ever made a huge deal about it. He's still one of the funniest motherfuckers I know and I still think he has an amazing musical taste. Imagine that as soon as I knew he was gay I started pestering him with "oh my god you poor soul being gay and hiding it from everyone must have been so hard, tell me about being gay, do you suffer a lot?" who cares if he's gay. Why must it be such a huge part of the person? I like pussy, he likes dick, so what? We're still the same people we were before. He's happy, I'm happy, it's fine.

Why should we label people by their sexual preferences?

>Hello, I'm Rick and I'm a fireman
>Hello, I'm Suzie and I'm a pastry chef
>Hello, I'm Randall and I'm gay.

please.
>>
>>315378836
lol faggot
>>
>>315379079
>Why should we label people by their sexual preferences?
>I have a gay friend
>>
>>315379139
c'mon now, it was for the sake of the example. I obviously don't refer to him as "my gay friend"
>>
File: 1427726089730.jpg (146 KB, 873x760) Image search: [Google]
1427726089730.jpg
146 KB, 873x760
>>315378836
>And that's all that matters, a character doesn't have to be gay, or straight, or trans or any of that shit, they just have to be able to give you a boner.

best part of this shity thread
>>
>>315379079
>Imagine that as soon as I knew he was gay I started pestering him with "oh my god you poor soul being gay and hiding it from everyone must have been so hard, tell me about being gay, do you suffer a lot?"

Good lord. A friend of mine did exactly this to me after I "came out" (ie it came up in conversation and I though he already knew). Thank you for not being that guy (but also fuck you for reminding me).
>>
File: 1278202433632.jpg (7 KB, 251x171) Image search: [Google]
1278202433632.jpg
7 KB, 251x171
There is a problem with gay characters in videogames. Also in television and film, not not quite as bad.

People will often claim to have absolutely no problem whatsoever with gay people. They say this to make sure that they cannot be called a homophobe or be criticised in any way when they make their next point.
Then they basically say they don't want gay characters in their games.
Then the excuses come out.
>it's not important
So why does it bother you?
>I don't care about any of the relationships in my games, I just want games!
A little autistic, but okay. I can agree with that, games should be games. However, if a story-driven game like an RPG has a gay character in it, why does that irk you?
>it's just pandering to the LGBT crowd
This isn't fair. You can always just call it pandering and keep gay characters out of fiction forever that way. You can't tell me you don't have a problem with homosexuals if you want to pretend they don't exist.
>I'm okay with gay characters as long as it never gets mentioned
Well then you're not REALLY okay with gay characters, are you?
>the gay characters are always written really badly!
That's the secret, Anon. All videogame characters are written badly.

If your cocky male teammate jokes about having slept with 5 women the night before, you wouldn't think twice. If your cocky male teammate jokes about having slept with 5 men the night before, you're irked by that. Why?
>>
>>315378836
You have a penchant for saying absolutely nothing with a lot of words. Self-hating faggots are the same as self-hating niggers/chinks/schekels, they hate the idea that there is something to be proud of in their culture. You being irritated by gays getting noticed in vidya is hardly different.
>>
>>315378901
>humanising minorities in the eyes of the people who hold the cards
>pointless
>>
>>315370531
>Never used Arcade as a companion
>Fire up NV after a year or so
>Figure I should try a different build with different companions
>Chew up the wasteland
>Dat 'Am I playing Virgil to your Dante' conversation
>All of that idealism and hope
>Truly we are The Last of Us HD remastered featuring Lightning from Final Fantasy 13-2 Lightnings Revenge Collectors Edition
>>
>>315379385
>Implying minorities are human
>>
>>315379318
>you're irked by that. Why?

Because gays are not normal. Doesn't mean I'm homophobic, I just don't want them in my games where I can ever notice them.

Same goes for any kind of sexuality. I'm against any allusions to romantic interest or preferences, homo or not. I'm sure most of the people in this thread would agree.
>>
>>315379318
Normal people are naturally disgusted by things that aren't normal. Basic fucking logic
>>
>>315379318
Old pasta.

But as usual it has the same answer as always.
Homosexuality is not normalcy, a man sleeping with five men the night before is not normal, so it's okay for it to irk someone normal.

Sage.
>>
We should burn faggots at the stakes.
>>
>>315379327
What I actually hate is false perception of what I am, specifically because the majority of these characters, like in Dragon Age, are written by women, and aren't even for men, but for other women to fantasize about.

Female delusion is what I do not want representing me, and that should be the same for you.
>>
>>315379518
>>315379489
>>315379574

This, it's natural to be disgusted by things like gays. Which is why I'm pretty suspicious of >>315379079 to be so fine with his friend being so abnormal.
>>
>>315379603
>are written by women

So white people shouldn't be allowed to write black people right

>>315379624
>I'm not homophobic I just think gays are disgusting
>>
>>315377401
>1%
>implying a lot of gay men don't go to army to "prove they're men" because of own insecurities
It's closer to 8%.
>>
>>315379671
I never said they shouldn't be allowed to, it's just that every character they make is shallow and unrepresentative of me

The same goes for any writer or developer who makes something up that is completely foreign to them, Friday wouldn't be nearly as funny if it was written by Judd Apatow.
>>
>>315379518
>Catholics are disgusted by sex and masturbation
>Muslims are disgusted by pork and women having agency
>Asians are disgusted by big butts but are ok with big boobs

Gee, it's as if what is considered normal is mostly dependent on the culture of each society.
>>
>>315378553
>>315378953
Not him, in my country the chief Faculty of Science recently made a comprehensive study of human sexual practices with over 15 thousand subjects. Although only 7% of men and 12% of women described themselves as gay, 12% of allegedly straight men and 22% of straight women said they had homosexual sexual experiences. The team concluded that "the older estimates concerning the prevalence of homosexuals and bisexuals in the human population, which mostly come from the more prudish pre-Internet era, seem to significantly underestimate the real numbers".

The study also made feminists pretty mad because it debunked the commonly touted "1 in 5 women get raped" statistic. Apparently, it's only 8,7 % of women and 6,4 % of men.
>>
>>315379603
The fact we get represented at all is huge for me. It's much better than being relegated to overly effeminate disney villain, that's for damn sure.
>>
>>315379776
>The same goes for any writer or developer who makes something up that is completely foreign to them

I'm pretty sure nobody writing scripts for games has experienced anything that usually happens in vidya

you're just mad at bad writing in general, and almost every game character has bad writing
>>
>>315379489
>I'm against any allusions to romantic interest or preferences, homo or not. I'm sure most of the people in this thread would agree.
>the board that's filled with waifu threads and sexy female character threads daily

Ok m8
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.