[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PSP recommendations thread? My collection is up to 56 games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: pspgo.jpg (83 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
pspgo.jpg
83 KB, 1000x1000
PSP recommendations thread?

My collection is up to 56 games right now, with a few others I have in mind to pick up. Figure I can blow past 70 with /v/ clueing me in to games I'm unsure of or just plain don't know about. Imports are fine too, wheter they have fanslations or not.
>>
Pursuit force nigga
>>
>>315368796

Post collection so we can see what you're missing, then.

Offhand suggestion though, the Megaman Legends 1+2 ports.
>>
Yggdra Union. Only game to do implement cards in a non autistic way and it's a SRPG no less.
>>
>>315368796
Ace Combat X
>>
>>315368895
Oh, good idea. Also I have Legends 1 & 2 PS1 discs. Did the PSP ports make the controls less ass / fit the lack of extra shoulder buttons?

.hack//Link
Brave Story: New Traveler
Burnout Legends
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Crush
Dangan Ronpa
Daxter
Disgaea Infinite
echochrome
echoshift
Fate/Extra
Fate/unlimited codes
Gran Turismo
Guilty Gear Judgement
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure
Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom
Hakuoki: Warriors of the Shinsengumi
Half Minute Hero
Hot Shots Shorties: Blue
Hot Shots Shorties: Green
Hot Shots Shorties: Red
Hot Shots Shorties: Yellow
LittleBig Planet
LocoRoco Midnight Carnival
Lunar Silver Star Harmony
Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X
Mega Man Powered Up
ModNation Racers
Monster Hunter Freedom 2
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja: Impact
Patchwork Heroes
Parappa the Rapper
Phantasy Star Portable
Phantasy Star Portable 2
Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity
Pinball Heroes: PAIN
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero?
Pursuit Force
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
Sega Genesis Collection
Shin Megami Tensei Persona
SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3
Star Ocean: First Departure
Star Ocean: Second Evolution
Sweet Fuse: At Your Side
Tetris
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky: Second Chapter
Valhalla Knights
Valkyria Chronicles 2
Valkyria Chronicles 3: E2
Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble
Ys I & II Chronicles
Ys Seven
Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Several junk freebies in there from either buying the system or the psn crash but, eh I count them anyhow.

>>315368943
SRPGs aren't really my thing though I have endured a few. Anything that makes it *fun*?

>>315368980
Flight/Flying games are one of my weaknesses. I just can't into controlling/enjoying them.
>>
>>315369617
Lumines (amazing puzzle game)
Death Jr(good for a while anyways)
Mgs Ac!d 1+2 (love these)
>>
If you don't have CFW then get it.

It's weaker than the PS2 entries but Ratchet and Clank Size Matters is gopd.
Daxter's fun also.
Disgaea 1 and 2 are good tbs. Prinny 1 and 2 are some challenging platformers too.
Get Outrun 2006 if you're playing the game outside of home, otherwise get the PC release.
Burnout Legends is a fun arcadey racer too.
Street Fighter Alpha 3 is a good port.
Cave Story is a really good homebrew port.
If you can claw or have a Vita, get Armored Core 3/SL/LR.
Both Ace Combat games are good, X is better.
>>
sweet fuse
fate extra
trails
ys felghana
ys seven
crisis core
birth by sleep
pso2
mon hun unite
tales of eternia
corpse party 1 and 2
>>
>>315369718
>Lumines (amazing puzzle game)
I've seen gameplay videos of those games and... I just don't get it. Something you just have to sit down and play for yourself mayhaps?

>Death Jr(good for a while anyways)
>Developer: BackBone
That's not a good pedigree...

>Mgs Ac!d 1+2 (love these)
Honestly don't know what those are about, I'll look them up though!
>>
File: 2482611-yggdra12.jpg (855 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
2482611-yggdra12.jpg
855 KB, 1024x768
>>315369617
Yggdra Union has a great artstyle. Really nice and colorful with wonderfully animated sprites. It's a STING games so it's non-traditional as fuck. It's got grid, turn based design of a traditional SRPG, but the movment, specials are based on cards. It's also got a real time element to combat. When you attack it transitions to an animated scene where you can either have your units go all out with and attack at the cost of defense, or defend until their special gauge fills up and use the cards special power.

I definitely recommend checking it out. If you end up there's two additional "Union" titles on PSP, though they're Japanese only. Blaze Unino is a prequel and Glora Union is a spin-off.
>>
File: 1408135945498.jpg (110 KB, 862x926) Image search: [Google]
1408135945498.jpg
110 KB, 862x926
Yugioh is all you need.
>>
File: IMG_0694.jpg (3 MB, 2763x5000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0694.jpg
3 MB, 2763x5000
>>315368796
>>
so my friend has what i assume is an old psp. brand new in the box, probably never played or updated. can i turn that into an emulation machine?
>>
>>>315369617
>As for legends 1 and 2 I was wondering that too but I doubt it. I saw a video that showed it's better on vita just cuz the extra analog can be mapped so I'm guessing it's about the same as rock man dash for psp
>>
>>315369617
mh freedom 2 should be replaced with freedom unite shouldnt it? or atleast mhp3rd
>>
>>315370823

Yup. Update to 6.61 sony firmware and get 6.61 PRO CFW
>>
Bounty Hounds is pretty great. Never see it talked about.

Honestly, is the PSP the most underrated console of all time?
>>
>>315369617

As for legends 1 and 2 I was wondering that too but I doubt it. I saw a video that showed it's better on vita just cuz the extra analog can be mapped so I'm guessing it's about the same as rock man dash for psp
>>
>>315370308
>Novermber 2013

Got a more recent one?
>>
>>315371023

Nah, PSP sold well.
>>
>>315371156
Sold well, but nobody bought any games for it aside from GTA and S-E shit. It became a niche Japanese game system like the Vita, but with a larger localized Japanese library. MonHun alone extended the life cycle an extra 2+ years in Japan.
>>
>>315370007
>cards
>realtime combat
>srpg
Now I'm even more lost. Adding it to my look into list if only to see if it plays as strangely as it sounds.

>>315371001
Ideally yes, but I've got a 3DS and its more current MonHuns to play, so I see little need to go backwards.

>>315371023
>Bounty Hounds is pretty great. Never see it talked about.
Literally never heard of it.

>Honestly, is the PSP the most underrated console of all time?
Probably, unless we delve into /vr/ era territory.
>>
>>315371447
That's a Sting game for you. It's a mash up of genres. Yggdra Union a perfect fucking blend. Seriously check it out. On paper it sounds crazy, but once you get going it's really fucking fun.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.