[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do any PC games allow split screen other than a few indie games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Iz7RCS0.jpg (82 KB, 640x472) Image search: [Google]
Iz7RCS0.jpg
82 KB, 640x472
Do any PC games allow split screen other than a few indie games like Castle Crashers, Battleblock Theater and Rocket League?

Why don't games allow like a LAN based stream like how you're going to be able to stream games from your PC to your steam box if you were dumb enough to buy one of those, so you could share a game with friends if they all bring their computers over to your house?

Someone needs to pick up the slack now that keksoles are dropping couch coop.
>>
Bump. PC's actually have the power to do split screen. This need to become a thing.
>>
Because nornally PC players play alone and the developers know this
>>
Blops3 will apparently. Splitscreen in general isn't that common anymore anyway. Though on PC it's less common. I can kind of understand it but I don't know why they'd bother cutting out splitscreen on PC if it's in the other versions.
>>
>>315364797
I occasionally play splitscreen games on PC via emulator. What other options even are there?
>>
>>315364797
because what the fuck are you gonna play split screen, really. coop shooters?
>>
PC multiplayer has never really had split screen because the good old days were more about lan than crowding around the TV together. CRTs above 19" were rare, so it wasn't really practical.
>>
File: 1444405114013.jpg (36 KB, 640x351) Image search: [Google]
1444405114013.jpg
36 KB, 640x351
There are a handful out there. Although, the first thing I did after I built my PC was to run Borderlands 2 in sandbox and on my PC normally, splitting the video out to two different HDTVs.

So basically, with pc you can play local multiplayer if you use another monitor/TV. Just run the game twice, most do fine with gimped graphic settings.
>>
because lan parties were the tits until devs quit putting in lan support
>>
>>315364797
Split screen is shit unless screens have the same aspect ratio as original and your screen is huge.
>>
>>315365805
>>315365931
>>315366065
>>315366278
>>315366521
>>315366589
>>315366593
>>315366807
...The real reason is because there was no support for controlling four people at once, no four way controller hubs with sets of controllers or any of that kind of shit, not to mention until recently not having nearly enough ports for enough keyboards or whatever. Worms/civ/turn based in general is just about the only kind of local MP game that works on pc.
>>
>>315367064
Nah, plenty of dos games expected two people to huddle around a keyboard for multiplayer. PS/2 keyboard have no limit on simultaneous input. There were even dedicated ports for gamepads. There was no hardware reason it couldn't be done.
>>
>>315367408
>There was no hardware reason it couldn't be done
yes there was, no one owned the hardware so devs knew they couldn't risk making games that forced people to buy extra hardware to make it work. Whereas for consoles that's pretty much their entire shtick
>>
>>315367658
That's not a problem with any hardware, just availability. Homogeneity is the advantage of consoles, one set of specs, standardised peripherals. Unlike on PC, especially in the 90s when there was all sorts of wacky stuff floating around.
>>
File: 1420042824658.png (122 KB, 500x453) Image search: [Google]
1420042824658.png
122 KB, 500x453
>>315367064
Theres some good local coop pc games with full controller support

Trine 1&2
Capsized
Tiny brains
Rayman legends
Risk of rain
Ibb and Obb
Mercenary kings
Trials:evolution
Cavern kings
Speedrunners
Polarity
Portal
Most Racing and sports games

Missed a handful but there they are.
>>
File: gtf.gif (691 KB, 337x268) Image search: [Google]
gtf.gif
691 KB, 337x268
>>315367064
>bluetooth receiver
5$
>ps3 controllers
15$ used

Software to connect and configure them
Free

Its been this way for quite some times. And many pc games have split screen.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.