[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I like this game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: syndicate.jpg (45 KB, 656x369) Image search: [Google]
syndicate.jpg
45 KB, 656x369
I like this game
>>
Ok
>>
yeah well I think it's shit bub
>>
Are you jeff gertsmann?
>>
>>315363073

It had some really good gunplay, the designs aesthetics were nice, and the hacking abilities were nifty.

if they would have made it 100% multiplayer focused like left 4 dead or something like that it would have been a lot better.
>>
>>315363294
>there will never be a sequel like this
>you will never create your own agent and choose your own Syndicate affiliation
>you will never wage war against a rival corporation
>>
I liked that you could fire wildly while sprinting.
>>
For a modern FPS, it was better than average. Stylish, cool weapons, actual bosses, and an okay hacking gimmick.

The bloom is really stupidly overdone, and it's still just another by-the-numbers modern FPS in most other ways, but it's not a bad game.
>>
>>315363545
and you run like a fucking bad motherfucker when you sprint with a handgun
>>
File: header1.jpg (202 KB, 713x455) Image search: [Google]
header1.jpg
202 KB, 713x455
Coincidentally I pirated and played through the single player campaign for the first time like yesterday. Never would have thought someone would make a thread about it randomly now. It's a solid FPS game I suppose, even if it's only a few hours long. The co-op is probably way better than the singleplayer but I didn't get a chance to play it.

Too bad it's a fucking massive rape of the Syndicate franchise. Syndicate was like the first ever squad based RTS or some shit and instead of making use of that and building a really great game off of Syndicate Plus & Syndicate Wars' base (like Satellite Reign is), EA just went "fuck it" and got Starbreeze to make an FPS.

It's like if EA decided to revive the Crusader (No Remorse, No Regret) series and made into an FPS, when the whole point of those games was under the box art tagline "Nonstop action from a different perspective", that perspective being an isometric action game, which was rarely ever done. And the worst thing was that when the Syndicate FPS flopped hard, EA stuck to their guns and said it was the right choice to make it an FPS, despite it having no commercial success.

Meanwhile go look at 2k Games & Firaxis with XCOM, they rebooted it at least in a similar style to the old games and a lot of people loved it. And at the same time that shitty 1950's third person shooter X-Com reboot which is the one everyone was afraid that was what X-Com would become came out and everyone hated and it flopped like the piece of shit it was.

Why do publishers even bother to go after the Call of Duty/Battlefield franchise with any other existing franchise that is not already Call of Duty or Battlefield. They will never be successful. The Syndicate FPS plays like a decently-built Call of Duty clone with a perk system, a Metroid Prime scanning styled hacking gimmick and replacing IPA with F.E.A.R bullet-time, it's ok but it really isn't what Syndicate should be.

It does have this tho: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5sEJnimG5U
>>
>>315363294
>if they would have made it 100% multiplayer focused
People like you are the problem
>>
>>315364257
Also I should add, the singleplayer really fell apart towards the end. A lot of the campaign was decent but when you get presented with a false choice & consequence moment when you have the choice to kill Lily but neither option changes the outcome it just starts to suck ass. What if I wanted to be a Eurocorp cyborg mook to the end, would have been much better if the storyline split at that point in the campaign and it was a bit longer overall.
>>
Does this game have players on Origin still playing the Co-op? Is it worth buying for it?
>>
>>315363294
>It had some really good gunplay,
Agree. Guns felt really good to fire and secondary mode for every firearm is a nice touch.
>the designs aesthetics were nice,
Minus the atrocious bloom, I would agree.
>and the hacking abilities were nifty.
Agree.

The level design and writing could be better though, it's too linear and movement could be more fluid. Boss fight was pretty fun though despite the skillrex wubwub playing in the background for the first boss fight.

Frankly, if EA had made it into an original IP and improve on the writing, it would be a decent shooter.
>>
>>315366883
I forget to add one more thing. FoV is fucking bad, holy shit. Some weapons are pretty bulky so having that covering a good amount of screen space is terrible.
>>
>>315366883
EA isn't interested in making original IPs. EA digs up old franchises and turns them into FPS games in an attempt at both getting nostalgic fans of said old franchises to play it and also reaching the CoD/BF audience and getting them to play it.

I think they see it as the least risky move, because at least if the nostalgic fans of the franchise see through their shit and see that it's not a sequel to a game they used to like, they will at least get a slice of the mindless lowest common denominator fps players to play it.
>>
>>315367127
Or rather, maybe the nostalgic fans are just the intended bonus audience that may or may not play the game, when the game is really primarily targeted towards Xbox 360 first-person shooter fans. Using an old franchise is the only way to get that "bonus" playerbase that might/might not play the game.
>>
>>315367127
I understand that but seriously, the worldbuilding is pretty good in the game, diverging from it and creating a new IP out of it will be interesting considering how cyberpunk hungry some of us are. I mean, it's one of the few games that make me hunt around the map for business card because the lore is more interesting than the actual plot.
>>
I really didn't like how limited Kilo's personal agency was. They had a chance to go the ghost in the shell route and address the loss of humanity vs augmentations bringing one past the limits of evolution, but they didn't. They could have had Kilo address how he felt about being a professional assassin for competitor companies rather than a peace keeper, but they didn't. They could have given us some choice in the assassination of Dr. Drawl, but you can't kill her either way. They even could have had Kilo express some opinion over being learning that he was raised by the company that killed his parents because he was a great candidate agent, but we don't get anything. Given everything he's done up to that point I got the impression he was fine with it. There's a lot of potential in the game that was never realised.
>>
>>315367683
>how limited Kilo's personal agency
Which is ironical because if I remember correctly, Kilo was chosen for the DART 6 trial because that guy shows more agency than other agents.
>>
>>315364543
This.
>>
SP was meh
The movement and gunplay was fucking good though, same for the gore. Me and a friend really liked the co-op missions but they had no freedom what so ever
>>
fuck you liam
>>
File: based.jpg (76 KB, 638x295) Image search: [Google]
based.jpg
76 KB, 638x295
>>315363073
i like it too

aspari extraction music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B82l5Mk4bg
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.