[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post-MGSV Speculation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: ayye.jpg (69 KB, 958x539) Image search: [Google]
ayye.jpg
69 KB, 958x539
How would a continuation even work? I mean, I'm not saying there's any possiblity Phantom Pain wasn't the entry in the series, but to me it seriously felt like nothing but table setting for a more cinematic entry into how Big Boss actually establishes Outer Heaven... but how could he be the protagonist of a game while he's doing all of that? It seems like Peace Walker was truly the last possible entry wherein Big Boss could be the protagonist. Metal Gear Solid 6 could only include Solid Snake, but it feels like Kojima still would have liked to divulge into what goes on with Eli more. It really sucks that MGSV was so incomplete, man.
>>
>>315358412
*the last entry
>>
All my friends attack me because of Quiet but they refuse to play it saying they don't have to.

I'm tired of being attacked and defending quiet. What are some good arguments?
>>
Let it go, anon. The franchise is dead. Konami will outsource MGS6's development to westerners and it will be garbage.
>>
>>315358584
"At least I'm having fun, faggots"
>>
>>315358412
>speculating post-MGSV

Why do you retards even bother? Move the fuck on, it's over.
>>
>>315358584
Tell them she manages to be one of the strongest characters to emerge in a video game this year, despite what preconceived notions they may have established based on her outward appearance. Also, tell them that her narrative in this game is one of the crowning achievments in the entire series/
>>
>>315358584
Tell them to quit being so narrow minded and judging a game based on one minor point in a video game.

I know that pretty much explains /v/, but you could also pull some comparisons to Quiet in your friends favorite games.
>>
>>315358584
Tell them to stop being crybabies and realize that having a security woman in a game will not cause hundreds of men to become serial rapists, nor will it cause anyone to objectify them.
>>
>>315358769
I say she has the best development in the game and they just say I'm wrong and it's not possible.
>>
>>315358697
For a lot of fans, myself included, this is that 1 special franchise in video games we grew up with and felt really close to and were invested in without shame. It made us feel a lot of things... to just let it be over, it feels sad.
>>
>>315358697
It's not over until I see Kojima's lifeless body dangling from the ceiling.
>>
>>315358879
sexy, not security. FUCKING autocorrect.
>>
>>315358869
They don't even play games but agrees with Anita.

I'm heavily out numbered
>>
Quiet spin-off
>>
you DID establish outer heaven.

venom makes outer heaven, BB makes zanzibarland
>>
Kojima shit the bed tbqh
>>
>>315358697

Well no it's not. Konami have already been recruiting for the next MGS.
>>
>>315358584
Get better friends.
>>
best thing for MGS right now is a quiet exit
>>
>>315358584
You need to tell us in what matters they attack Quiet if you want some good defenses
>>
>>315364017

To be honest I'm not so sure about that. Etsu Tamari did a pretty good job with the script of Metal Gear Rising and I wouldn't mind an MGS written by him.
>>
>>315364242
Thats Metal Gear Rising

I'm talking about Metal Gear Solid
>>
>>315358584
Mention that you can kill her and never have to look at her beyond the Prologue and her boss fight.
>>
>>315364338

The thing is man whether it's best for it or not, it's happening.

http://www.konami.co.jp/en/job/career/spe/mgs_en.php

So I'm just gonna speculate and voice my desires n' shit since it's happening.
>>
remake MG 1+2 in fox engine
>>
>>315364552
I could live with this. Doubt it will happen since even if they could reuse assets they wouldn't bother.
>>
>>315358584
tell them quiet is a stupid character but the game is pretty good?
>>
>>315364767
it just seems like the logical next step if they want to make another AAA entry in the franchise

also they should release MG Acid on psn
>>
>>315363223
People still get this wrong, and there is no other reason then you not paying attention.

Big Boss establishes Outer Heaven. They tell you this multiple times. The whole time Venom is doing his thing and building Mother Base in the Seychelles, Big Boss is creating Outer Heaven.

Big Boss then needs to go undercover in the U.S. where he takes control of FOXHOUND, but in order to have eyes on both sides of the world, he puts Venom in charge of Outer Heaven and Diamond Dogs is absorbed into Outer Heaven.

When Solid Snake ruins Big Boss and Venom's plans, Big Boss leaves FOXHOUND and the US to maintain the illusion of his "death," rescues people and resources from Outer Heaven before it self-destructs and they flee to Zanzibarland.
>>
My only hopes for the future of the franchise are that I could get excited about are:

1.) Game featuring the Boss during WWII and exploring her relationship with The Sorrow and creating CQC and special forces.

2.) Game featuring Liquid Snake while he was in the SAS hunting down the mobile Scuds (metal gear copies?) or after joining Foxhound with the other MGS1 foxhound members being featured prominently.

3.) Remakes of MG1 and MG2

4.) MGRR prequel about what happens to Raiden just prior to MGS4

5.) MGRR prequel focusing on Grey Fox

6.) ...??? I want there to be another possibility for a game with Solid Snake, but I just can't imagine a scenario where that could be done tastefully without it feeling cheap or like fan-service the entire time. Maybe someone way more creative than I am could come up with something, but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen :(
>>
>>315365142
>undercover
Fucking Solid Snake knows he's Big Boss, there was nothing about that being undercover when FOXHOUND was created.
>>
>>315365209

7.) MGRR sequel.
>>
>>315365209
>ever getting Rising as an actual story
Not gonna happen, the whole Revengance goes against the Solid series. It's why Platinum had to come and make the game more action oriented in the first place. Though making it play more like the Cyborg Ninja segments in the MGS VR Missions would be nice.
>>
>>315365209
Solid and Otacon hunting Metal Gears before MGS2
>>
So is Zero, Para-medic, Sigint, all those fuckers always going to be behind the scenes?

There's a disconnect when the heavy players behind basically everything never actually show up in game.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.