[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The PS4 was released on 11/15/13 >It took two+ years to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Shawn-Layden.png (198 KB, 935x509) Image search: [Google]
Shawn-Layden.png
198 KB, 935x509
>The PS4 was released on 11/15/13
>It took two+ years to get some decent vidya

Is this a good pace for a console in it's generation?
>>
What decent games?
>>
>>315358361
PS3 only got good in like 2009 so comparatively the PS4 isn't doing too bad
>>
File: 1439478359602.jpg (686 KB, 797x1791) Image search: [Google]
1439478359602.jpg
686 KB, 797x1791
Dev time on anything that is more ambitious than a yearly sequel is quickly approaching 4 years.

This is the industry's biggest challenge right now imo, making games in reasonable time frames and budgets.

Maybe UE4 will save us.
>>
>>315358449
All I really need on PS4 is MLB The Show. If that was on PC I probably wouldn't have gotten one. But I am glad I got one since Bloodborne and Infamous were pretty fun.

The industry is just different now. Games now require so many assets and time to produce that development for launch and early-gen games have to begin before the console is even out. I don't think we'll ever see a console launch with a game as good (compared to it's peers at the time) as TLOZ or SMB. You could argue it did take some time to "figure" it out as SMB 3 was a huge improvement over the original. But man looking back at past Nintendo consoles every christmas where I got one I remember at least one great game up to the N64. Each of the early Nintendo consoles had a great Mario game even. I haven't had an experience close to that at launch except with maybe the Dreamcast and Soulcaliber or maybe Halo on Xbox.
>>
>>315358361
But that makes PS3 to last longer.
>>
>>315358361
>>
>>315358685
KH3 and DQ11 are both 2017
>>
>>315358361
It was because Japanese developers didn't take PS4 seriously until they saw crazy worldwide sales and then decided to pitch in. So yeah most of those games have yet to come out.
>>
I'm not retarded. Soo gonna wait till at least 5 games I wanna play on the ps4 comes out. So far there's... Bloodborne? Yep , 4 more!
>>
It's about the same pace the PS3 had. Absolutely terrible, but what can you do?

2016 will be the first year in which a PS4 might be worth owning.
>>
are there any good games out for ps4 yet

my cousin is moving in this week with my family and he's bringing his ps4 along
>>
It had good games right away. Who cares if they were multiplatform? I spent $400 to get better looking versions of them just like a PC gamer buying a better graphics card.
>>
>>315364848

Bloodborne.

inFamous is no golden egg, but it's worth a play.
>>
>>315364890
Most of those multiplatform games are shit.
>>
>>315364890
You can play the last of us HD! Yaaaay!
>>
>>315358361
Each generation seems to take longer and longer to get games.
>>
>>315364992
>inFamous is no golden egg, but it's worth a play.
It's not worth your time, let alone your money.

How did this even become a series? The first game absolutely sucked.
>>
>>315365008

I liked Black Flag.

I mainly used my PS4 for FFXIV
>>
>>315358361
You mean it took them 2 fucking years to get 1 good game.
>>
>>315365180
>open world
>super powers
>exclusive

Pretty much the only reasons. I got the first for free and recall how empty the game was. It was a cool concept at first.
>>
>>315365180

I got it because I could never keep it and Prototype straight and accidently got hyped for both.

It was fun. Main advantage it had was that it came out when nothing else did.
>>
Consoles always need about 2 years before getting worthwhile but that's not like the underages filling neo-/v/ would know that.
>>
>>315358361
one game in 2 years is a good pace for sony
>>
>>315365180
I've only played infamous 2 and thought it was ok, is 2nd son any better?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.