[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Deus Ex & Epic Mickey designer calls out Uncharted a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: 1361442538930.jpg (207 KB, 940x546) Image search: [Google]
1361442538930.jpg
207 KB, 940x546
>Deus Ex & Epic Mickey designer calls out Uncharted and Heavy Rain for being more movies than games

http://www.vg247.com/2015/11/03/deus-ex-epic-mickey-designer-calls-out-uncharted-and-heavy-rain-for-being-more-movies-than-games/

Sony nigs BTFO
>>
I don't disagree with him, but I don't see what this has to do with consolewar shitposting.
>>
Anyone involved in the disaster that was epic mickey has no right to call out anyone.
>>
>>315351724
if anything i think that makes his opinion even more valid. he and all the other gamedevs were following a trend, now he's outside of the bubble of the industry and he can see it for what it is.
>>
>>315351724
The first game was pretty decent but felt like they didnt get enough time/money to finish and polish it up. Even still Spector has more credits in the bank than all the hacks he is calling out.
>>
>>315351638
One platforms games are so centered around this interactive movie garbage, its basically all they produce.
>>
File: 1436423152739.png (23 KB, 359x340) Image search: [Google]
1436423152739.png
23 KB, 359x340
>>315351347
HIS NAME IS WARREN FUCKING SPECTOR
NOT 'Deus Ex & Epic Mickey designer'
HE'S MORE IMPORTANT THAN THAT
I hate new /v/.
>>
Just a shame that Spector kills all his credibility and any BTFOing by praising Dishonored and Fallout.
>>
>>315353659
>HE'S MORE IMPORTANT THAN THAT

He hasn't done anything relevant for 15 years.
>>
>>315353659
>WARREN FUCKING SPECTOR

He is irrelevant now.

He has not created a single good title in over 15 years.
>>
>>315353861
Fallout's far from a perfect game but it has it's moment but Dishonored in other hand...
>>
>>315354185
How was Epic Mickey anyway?
>>
>>315351347
He's only right about Heavy Rain, but entirely wrong about Uncharted. That faggot can go fuck himself.
>>
Heavy Rain is definately more movie that game. David cage is a fucking hack.

But Uncharted? The only game that feels like a movie without trying to be one is 3, where they literally made the set pieces and then wrote the story around the game. That's fucking awful.
>>
>>315351347
I've made this argument many times on sites like IGN and at best I got personal insults and at worst death threats.
>>
>>315353861
Depends on what fallout hes praising, also dishonored was alright but I do agree, anyone that praises it has shit taste.
>>
Deus Ex sucks lmaoooooo
>>
>>315353861
Dishonored was good you autistic fuck
>>
>>315351347

>Warren Spector

His opinion is less than worthless. He couldn't tell the difference between a good game and his own asshole to save his life.
>>
>>315353114
2 games is not every game.
>>
>Calls out those two games
>Likes the Walking Dead game which is even more movie than game than the other two

Opinion discarded
>>
Was Epic Mickey any good?
>>
>>315351347
YEAH AND HE'S FUCKING RIGHT TOO, ANYONE WHO DISAGREES IS A RETARD
>>
>>315354872
> where they literally made the set pieces and then wrote the story around the game. That's fucking awful.

The gameplay has to be really shit if people actually list that as a problem
>>
>>315351347
He's totally right. Calling out shitty movie-games should be a core accepted opinion on here, but a bunch of people have a hateboner for Spector for some reason.

Even if some random person wrote that in a blog it would still be just as correct
>>
>>315351724
Epic Mickey has executive meddling all over it, and the second game was an obvious forced cash-in by Disney while people still remembered the first game and Oswald.

Then they discarded everything and destroyed the development group when the second game didn't sell gangbusters as that's how Disney rolls.
>>
>>315356206
Isn't it obvious? This guy has a hate boner for Sony. He repeated the same thing with VR and all this other nonsense. He does this every 3 years he sticks his head out.
>>
>>315359352
go back to neogaf where you belong with all the other shills
>>
>>315351347

>guy who makes shit games calls out other shit games for being shit

why am I supposed to give a fuck
>>
File: lelxD.jpg (173 KB, 1200x735) Image search: [Google]
lelxD.jpg
173 KB, 1200x735
>>315359615
Nah. Sony 4 life.
>>
File: Cinematic Experience.webm (2 MB, 318x200) Image search: [Google]
Cinematic Experience.webm
2 MB, 318x200
>>
>>315358756
The other problem is the gaming 'media' love interactive movie games because they are easy for them to get through and play. Games that require learning curve of skill to master gameplay are no good for them rushing through a game to print a fast review.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.