[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /v/ think? I personally really like it. Gunplay is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 12
What's /v/ think? I personally really like it. Gunplay is smooth and a skill gap still exists. Only thing they fucked in the ass was customization. I'm level 17 and have like 3 pieces if armor and no weapons.
>>
Armor design is shitty. Everything still looks plastic and lo-res in a way.
Guns feel nice and it's nice to see an Assault Rifle and SMG that can win.
Storm Rifle over Plasma Rifle....why?
Blue Team should have had much more screen time, but I suspect they were added at the last second when the devs pussied out from not including Master Chief at all.
>>
>>315349119
>No splitscreen
Not even XBOX ONEce.
>>
>>315349119
>Gunplay is smooth
Only retards and shills say this, everyone says the gunplay feels like ass especially compared to the beta. The game has a stupid amount of aim acceleration.
>>
>>315349891
>implying 8th gen can handle splitscreen 1080p 60fps
Jesus anon they can barely handle 1080p 60fps on their own, and that's only CoD because you could run it on a calculator and 1st part games because they're optimized. Halo 5 isn't even true 1080p its dynamic.
>>
>>315350313
I don't know what board you're on that they're saying that but I haven't encountered that at all. There seems to be a ton of aim assist with the sniper though.
>>
>>315350458
Couldn't they just decrease the resolution and graphics intensity for spit screen? Or is that not possible from a programming perspective or something?
>>
>>315350843
I don't see why not. Probably just laziness. Game doesn't even ship with forge. This shits been on preorder since right after MCC released IIRC. They've had plenty of time to develop. Sub-par maps adds insult to injury, although forgeis confirmed for December I believe.
>>
>>315349119
Weapons are nice and strong without being too strong. Grenades not strong enough. New movement options are terrific. 60FPS helps a ton. Decent maps.

It's good.
>>
The new movement options (boost pack, midair floating for a few seconds while ironsighting) and campaign are so far pretty cool. But seems pretty worthless without XBL.
>>
>>315349119
It's almost as if they were trying to see how bad they could fuck up the universe and still get away with it.
>>
Can't wait til competitive scene (pgl? MLG?) removes half of the new shit they added in for no reason. Will be 10/10 after that. Warzone is great casual fun tho.
>>
>>315353763
Yeah, man. Battle rifles. SWAT. No grenades. Final Destination.
>>
>>315349119
i cant say becuase I HAVE A FUCKING PS4
>>
The actual multiplayer gameplay is pretty good, but it needs more content. BTB, Oddball, Assault, Forge, Grifball, file share, everything we take for granted in previous Halo games is now "coming soon".
Would also really like a social/casual playlist tbecause I hate getting matched with tryhards and I imagine tryhards hate getting placed on my team. I'm one of those people that play really, really well against average players but badly against people who are actually good and since I tore everybody a new asshole in my first few matches I got placed in the big boy tiers with all the good players. Wish it was more like Halo 3 where I can go to the ranked playlists for when I wanna go hard and social playlists for when I just wanna lay back and shoot shit with other likeminded people. It's like 343 saw that they didn't do too great of a job with Halo 4's competitive aspect so they went completely overboard with 5.

Campaign was fun but the story had jack shit to do with the trailers and felt like a prologue for the next one.

To sum everythng up, I feel like I got Halo 5 Ground Zeroes: Early Access. Mechanically there's something awesome but there just isn't the content to support it yet.
>>
>>315354771
I really highly doubt they're ever going to add BTB. Why would they take away from their Warzone bucks?
>>
>>315349119
The campaign was heresy. I have beat every single halo game on legendary multiple times.

Halo 5 will be the first Halo game that I won't bother beating on Legendary.

For me Halo ended at Halo 4. Cortana died and master chief went home and opened a bitching taco stand. The covenant was defeated by the Arbiter and the galaxy will enter a golden age of peace and prosperity for Humanity the elites and the other former covenant races.

I made up my own ending for Halo because its the only way I can live with the pain.

Halo is dead and now the Anno series is fucking dead. All in the coarse of one month.
>>
>>315355653
Why the fuck would you choose Halo 4 as the cutoff and not 3 as the obvious break between the two?
>>
Worst campaign by a country mile

Literal shit narrative, awful plot, boring levels and the same fucking repetitive enemies for 12 fucking hours
>>
It's garbage. Everything looks stupid and overdesigned as fuck. The soundtrack is mediocrity made manifest. The campaign is not very fun, none of the levels stand out at all, and the story is trash. The gameplay simply isn't Halo, it's a lame bastardization. Multiplayer is also seriously lacking in maps and modes. And don't even get me started on the graphics and 30 FPS enemy animations. 5/10 game at best.
>>
Multiplayer is pretty good.

Campaign is donkey shit and the worst in the series by far. Literally nothing happened. Filler bullshit.
>>
>Game: Title
>Game 2
>Game 3
>Game 4
>Game 5: Title

Literally why.
>>
>>315355828
I liked the campaign in 4. It played and felt like Halo. Now the multiplayer was shit but I don't care that much about MP.

I dislike the fucking boost and climbing in Halo 5. I forgot to mention that.
>>
>>315355951
yeah seeing in multiplayer 30fps enemy spartans running reminds me of total war animations somehow anon
>>
4 hours
>>
>>315355828

Because for once it doesn't end on a cliffhanger.

It also sort of works story-wise if you pretend the Infinity, Didact and Spartan-IVs don't exist and Promethean are just the super powered security system going haywire because of the absence of a monitor.
>>
>>315356220
I'll choose the cliffhanger to end all cliffhangers over selectively pretending 75% of a game doesn't exist.
>>
>>315351751
>Grenades not strong enough

What game gave you been playing, bigger? They're back to being mini nukes. Get so many kills from grenade spam. As for the plasma/storm rifle comment from another anon; the Strom rifle is actually useful. Nobody ever used the Plasma rifle unless it was a last resort pickup after running out of ammo. I think one thing they got right this time was the weapons. With the exception of a few they all seem fairly viable. AR, Pistol, BR, SMG and DMR are all fucking good now. The BR is still the best all-round gun I feel, but its not the be all end all gun it used to be in Halo 2/3.
>>
>>315354695
So you've been playing resogun all this time?
>>
>>315349119
Campaign was meh. I side with Cortana, she is basically god now with access to all the forerunner knowledge and a physical form.
Havent played multiplayer yet, but having to earn armour through req packs with rng, instead of actually accomplishing in games feats pisses me off.
To unlock every piece of armour you either have to spend around $1100 on gold packs or play roughly 300-600 hours for enough req points.
>>
File: free shrugs.jpg (84 KB, 600x857) Image search: [Google]
free shrugs.jpg
84 KB, 600x857
>>315356316

You could just pretend it takes place 10 years after the Halo event. It doesn't make the game any better but it makes it easier to swallow the changes.
>>
>>315356503
>Nobody ever used the Plasma rifle unless it was a last resort pickup after running out of ammo

Should've played Halo 1 multi. It was fun.
>>
>>315355064
BTB is already confirmed to release this year with a bunch of dedicated maps. Even 343 aren't silly enough to scrap the best MP mode on Halo. Warzone feels very different to BTB as well, its more about taking out NPC bosses and holding down the middle point on the map. It never feels like a straight death match.
>>
>>315356963
Forge is coming out in December too right?
>>
>>315356891
I used to play Halo CE with a bunch of friends in 4 player splitscreen on a tiny little 14" portable TV. All we ever played was BloodGulch and Sidewinder and it was always pistols at dawn. There's no reason to use anything else in CE.
>>
Halo 5 is easily the worst Halo ever from many perspectives. And this isn't just typical fanboy hate that's happened to every new Halo coming out. (I saw people hating on ODST and Reach, and I honestly liked both of them.)

The gameplay has many little features taken from Call of Duty that simply don't need to be there, like aiming down the sights for all weapons, grabbing ledges to reach the top, etc. I know these are minor gripes, and they technically enhance the gameplay, but Halo does not need them. Certain weapons are designed to not do well from far away, making the aiming feature rather idiotic. Grabbing ledges and lifting yourself up? Well, why the hell would they not simply just make the ledge shorter so the player could simply jump on it without issue?

And then there's the ground pound and charge. Like, really? Spartans weren't powerful enough already? They had to fuckin' pull a Mario and ground pound? I honestly don't see the necessity for it other than baiting in people who can't tell action from actually good gameplay.

And then there's the campaign... an abysmal failure that slaps a Halo skin on mother fucking Terminator. Halo used to be about the epic journey of mankind's greatest hero fighting against a heretical religion. Now it feels like Skynetana is hunting down Master Connor or some other generic sci-fi bullshit. And honestly, the whole hype about Chief vs. Locke was bullshit, too. It only occurred for a few missions, and then it became search and rescue. The whole selling point literally became moot in a matter of a few missions.

And don't even get me started on the fucking bullshit that is the missions where you literally stop all the action to meet in some military camp. What is that all about? Consulting miners to find the Chief's whereabouts? Man, I must have missed the Covie-fight-train, because all I'm doing is a lot of talking. However, I do like the Promethean soldiers. They are nice filler enemies.
>>
>>315356963
You know they're just staggering the content to December just so they push more sales for Christmas. You damn well know if they could've, they would've went for a Christmas release date. This is probably the best compromise they came up with.
>>
>>315357240
If all you ever play is Blood Gulch and Sidewinder, then yeah. It's just gonna be pistols, snipers, and vehicles. Halo 1 had the best maps in the series, though including the smaller maps. The Plasma rifle drained your shield in three hits and caused your movement to lock up. It was a guaranteed beat down every single time. Not exactly a match for the shotgun, but you'd trade your AR for it every time.
>>
>>315357404
Go back to waypoint, you autistic fucktard.
>>
>>315357658
I haven't been on that cancerous place in years, my good man. If you don't like my opinions, go ahead and rant about yours instead. Try and sell me on this wretchedly horrible game.
>>
i want 343 to leave
>>
>>315350843
Mario Kart 8 changes from 60 to 30 fps if you play with 4 players vs 2. So it's definitely possible
>>
>>315357404
>The gameplay has many little features taken from Call of Duty that simply don't need to be there, like aiming down the sights for all weapons, grabbing ledges to reach the top, etc. I know these are minor gripes, and they technically enhance the gameplay, but Halo does not need them.

Stopped reading your post right fucking here.

1. Call of Duty did not invent any of these things. You're talking shit.

2. Halo has always had zooming weapons and "aim down sights" works exactly like the old zoom, the only difference is you can zoom to some extent with every weapon.

3. You're griping about movement options, which do noting except increase the skill gap and make a game more exciting to play.

Bet you haven't even played the fucking thing.
>>
>>315357404
ADS does nothing extra for Halo 5 though. Accuracy doesn't improve and you get knocked out of it if you get hit.
>>
>>315356702
>earning armor through drops instead of feats
this shit was the worst part about Reach which was the last Halo game I owned. God I fucking hate that shit
>>
>>315357813
>Try and sell me on this wrenched game

Multiplayer is kickass. Buying any Halo post H2 for the campaign is retarded. All the campaigns after CE were dogshit, people are just riding the nostalgia train. Halo 3 probably had the most piss poor missions in the whole series with the exception if the last one which was a throwback to the final Warthog run in CE. It's been a week and I haven't even bothered to finish the campaign in Halo 5. I was under no illusions when I bought it, I knew it would be shit. Clocked 30+hours in the MP though. Been playing Breakout and Warzone all night. Game is fucking great.
>>
>>315356756
Ironically, you are the one who refuses.
>>
>>315355981
No, it's been
>Game: Title
>Game 2
>Game 3
>Game 3: Title
>Game Wars
>Game: Different Title
>Game 4
>Game 5: Title
>>
>>315358349
I really liked Halo 3's campaign. Fight me.
I'm not the guy you're arguing with though.
I love vehicle missions
>>
>>315357875
You seem to be taking the "Call of Duty" thing too literally. Of course CoD didn't invent aiming down sights. I've seen it on plenty of other shooters, Battlefield, Gears of War, etc. It was more of an umbrella term.

And as for Halo always having zoomed weapons, yes, it did, but not every weapon could. This is the first game in which every weapon can aim down the sights, regardless of its intended use as a weapon. Shotguns do not need sights, nor do assault rifles. They are meant to be fired from close range. There's a time and place for everything, and aiming down the sights certainly does not have a place on every weapon.

You can stop with the "Hur dur, but muh shitty gaem! You can't criticize it!"
>>
>>315358549
This guy gets it.
>>
>>315357875
>movement options only increase the skill gap
Why doesn't Quake have sprinting?
Realistically that guy isn't wrong, if you don't need some erroneous feature that will add nothing, why include it? The movement options really don't add much except a stupid animation.
>>
>>315358202
Reach pissed me off so much with that shit.
At first I was ok with it because you still earned points in LAN and thats all we played. But then one of us updated the game and they removed points for LAN. You had to play online to get them. Then the other HAD to install the update or LAN wouldnt work because the versions were different. So we couldnt unlock shit.
>>
>>315357404
>>315358569

I agree with you 100% brother.

I feel like the aiming down the sites is an attempt to get some of the COD audience. After all Advanced warfare and Black ops 3 are both sci fi games so they can be considered a more direct form of competition compared to the WW2/modern era games.
>>
>>315358876
yeah me and my mates had to go through the same thing. I swear I think ODST might be the last Halo I enjoyed every aspect of. I still liked parts of Reach but the idea that you have to unlock stuff constantly from multiplayer annoys me to no end. I was perfectly happy with just watching my ranking go up before.
>>
>>315358549
Halo 3 campaign had some cool little features.
There was one part with a circle of brutes in some room and one warlord dude with a hammer.
If you didnt shoot them but walked up and 'challenged' the warlord, all the others would just stand there cheering while you two duked it out.
>>
File: GTA_London_5_star_wanted_level.gif (4 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
GTA_London_5_star_wanted_level.gif
4 MB, 400x224
It's a solid game for the xbone and is fun to play. The fuck do you think /v/ thinks about it?

They fucking hate it.
>>
Warzone is okay, but I want Big Team Battle.
>>
>>315358861
>Why doesn't Quake have sprinting

Because the movement speed in Quake 3 is already sanic fucking fast. Also couldn't you get speed boosts in Q3? As like pickups. Been a good while since I played it but I seem to remember that. I could be wrong though.

Honestly I like sprinting in Halo. Halo 3 was one of the most frustrating games I've ever played purely because of how slow the base movement was. Getting around, especially in BTB, always felt like a chore. A sprint feature would have improved that games feels dramatically. Come at me, nigger. I don't even care.
>>
>>315359213
I don't hate it but it has some very real problems you'd be stupid to ignore. Like how half it's content isn't out yet.
>>
>>315359214
This, oh my fuck this.
>>
>>315349727
be me
>want to start shit storm
>go on /v/ and trash popular games
>wait 4 months
>praise game for being great
>shit talk everyone who thought the game was bad(before it was even released)
>???
Revert to step 1 with new popular game until shitstorm is fueled

Why V, why?
>>
>>315359271
>how slow the base movement speed was
It's not even that slow, but on bigger maps you're generally expected to use one of the plethora of vehicles to get around long distances. Not my fault you're too retarded to use the tools the game gives you.
>because the movement speed was already sanic fucking fast
that's the point you dildo, it doesn't need "movement mechanics" it just gives you the tools from the get go
>>
>>315359271
Halo 3's walking speed was actually the fastest of the first three games. Nobody could tell though because the momentum shifts were so fucking hard that Chief felt unresponsive. Halo 3 was so fucking bad, god damn. I will never understand why people look at that one as the pinnacle of the series. It's the worst one.
>>
So far my only real gripe with the game is the Prometheans. The game feels fun to play when I'm fighting Covies, but every level with 500 Soldiers, all with shields that have very high damage resistance and no visual indicator ruins any fun I could be having.
>>
>>315359486
Arguably having 2 different rates of speed which you can move at is better from a skill standpoint than only having 1. Sprinting on the map shows you on the radar as a big red blob, meaning if you do it everywhere people always know you're coming. It's nice for getting somewhere quickly or needing to get out of danger fast. Same with the boosters. It's only very slight but it works great as a side stepping function and has saved my ass my times than I can remember. Whether you faggots like it or not, Halo feels the best its ever felt. It's fast, smooth and super responsiveness once you crank the sensitivity up a bit.
>>
>>315359950
yup I like the game overall but the prometheans suck as enemies.

covies make the game ten times better
>>
>>315359950
The Prometheans were half-baked in 4, but they actually felt more dangerous there when there were just instant-recharge Knights every two feet.

Gotta agree, the Prometheans are worst thing about 5's campaign. Still not as bad as the fucking Brutes in 3, though. They were worthless. Elites will always be the best Halo enemies.
>>
Anyone think Locke and Fireteam Osiris will remain relevant for Halo 6?

Because it seems like they wanted to set-up Locke as the new hero, but in terms of the overall plot he is kind of insignificant. And now that he's done chasing Master Chief down, his only role is just being some other Spartan.
If he were to just vanish in Halo 6, it wouldn't really take away anything.
>>
File: Four.png (366 KB, 1265x568) Image search: [Google]
Four.png
366 KB, 1265x568
>use bumber jumper religiously for Halo
>pick up Halo 5 without really knowing much about it other than 343 is trying to market it more for E Sports
>have a lot of trouble getting adjusted, something just didn't feel right
>people were pulling off ridiculous shots on me from ridiculous angles
>for the life of me can't figure out what's wrong
>on a whim look through the different control figurations
>see that the default literally has the "Smart Link" call of duty shit bound left FUCKING trigger
>it operates in the exact same way as CoD, don't have to toggle it or anything

Holy fuck, I didn't want to believe it but they turned this into Call of Halo... Like I can't believe how dumb I was to think that a Halo game could be released without the Call of Duty shit from seeping into it. How can you fucking faggots even pretend like this isn't the case? I even looked on the forums and saw the 343drones defending it and telling people to up their sensitivity like in Call of Duty for better performance in matches

This game is already experiencing a player drop off and it hasn't even been out for a fucking week.
>>
>>315362140
I was disappointed when I can only play as the Master Chief for only 3 missions.
The Master Chief, you know, the protagonist of the Halo series since 2001?
The back of my mind thinks this is another way to make Halo more politically correct by introducing a black playable character, but that's just me.
>>
>>315362438
Finally, someone who understands.
>>
So why is the main character in this game a literal monkey? I was going to buy it the other day until I saw that. Tired of niggers in sci-fi
>>
>>315362140
Relevant no
Present more than likely
I wouldnt mind going on some black ops oni missions assassinating aliums. Otherwise he was just such a bland character, they all were in fact except for Buck because Nathan Fillion
>>
>Hit 42 in halo 2 TDM
>Halo 3 comes out
>Hit 50 instantly in 3 different modes
>Game is dog shit easy and boring as fuck
>Stick to PC garbage and sell my 360

Did they get remotely challenging ever again?
>>
>>315363529
5 is pretty challenging.
>>
>>315363783
I hope you arnt talking about the campaign because no its fucking not. 4 chances to be revived and unlimited spawning attack dogs, albeit quite retarded attack dogs.
>>
>>315362886
>So why is the main character in this game a literal human? I was going to buy it the other day until I saw that. Tired of humans in sci-fi
>>
>>315349119
Yeah you hit the nail on the head.
I feel the full auto weapons are a bit too strong atm, but other than that the gun balance seems fine.
I'd remove the sticky launcher as a powerweapon on some maps though, the thing sucks ass.

The problem with the customization is how dreadful all the armor and shit looks. And it all looks the same, except for helmets.
Where's the H3 style of armors?
>>
>>315355653
>The covenant was defeated by the Arbiter
It wasn't defeated in 4 though.
You can thank Oni for that. The covenant was basically non-existant after 3 but Oni decided to arm Sangeili rebels to fuck over the stability of Sangelios.
>>
>>315359420

>Be me
>V

Your opinion is worth nothing you newshit.
>>
>>315362140
>Anyone think Locke and Fireteam Osiris will remain relevant for Halo 6?
I still don't get why they didn't use Kilo-5 instead of Osiris. I mean it'd be weird from a co-op standpoint with a SII and a bunch of ODSTs, but whatever.
>>
>>315363529
>tfw staying up all night with bros playing Team Slayer
>fucking 2 hour long search times in between each game
Eventually got that 45 though.
>>
>>315362486
>>315363032
I honestly think Nathan Fillion was originally cast as the new lead role, but they gave it to the most boring motherfucker alive because of political correctness.

Seriously, why is Buck relegated to a few lines in the background? That's a horrible waste of a sympathetic character that could go toe to toe with chief based on years of experience.

It could have been a battle based on the concept of the every-day man vs the god/idol
>>
>Locke's fight with Chief
>He doesn't get destroyed within seconds
Way to rape the lore, 3v4 industries
>>
File: 1387996795453.gif (1 MB, 130x114) Image search: [Google]
1387996795453.gif
1 MB, 130x114
Don't give a shit about the story

Is the Multiplayer fun
>>
>>315362438
I really hope it fucking crashes and burns. Maybe if the series becomes even more shit, the drones will finally die out and the series can finally rest, instead of being mercilessly raped.
>>
>>315365609
Yes.
>>
>>315365609
Yes. Warzone is alright, BTB is getting added next weekend. Arena is where the real fun's at.
>>
>>315365494
REMINDER THAT 343 FUCKED UP THEIR OWN LORE BASED ON CHIEF'S HEIGHT

https://youtu.be/TyyckYKgPRc?t=7m48s
>>
>>315365992
Go to 7:48
>>
>>315365494
If Chief ripped Locke's beating fucking heart out and kicked his ass into the lava, that could've saved the campaign.
>>
>>315354771
I honestly think they made a good move by holding content back. I can tell you right now that i will be back in december for forge, and further in the future for weekend playlists and new maps.
>>
> no splitscreen
> short campaign
> req system
> spartan abilities (ground pound, etc)
no the game is shit, I wouldn't piss on it if it were on a fire.
>>
>>315366696
>Shit campaign

fixed that for you
>>
File: 1433117299915.jpg (14 KB, 401x401) Image search: [Google]
1433117299915.jpg
14 KB, 401x401
I will never understand half the bitching people do when it comes to a bunch of games. Especially Halo.

>No splitscreen
99% of the people I know suck dick at Halo. I'd rather not have to be forced to look at my own portion of my tv to play with people that are gonna suck ass.

>NO BTB, NO OTHER GAME MODES NO MAPS
I mean, since Halo 2, gametypes in matchmaking have never been great in variety until halfway into the games lifespan. They seriously add gametypes and more maps as the time passes by. They've always done this. They've even mentioned it.

>muh ads
You don't have to scope in with weapons you wouldn't scope in with otherwise, faggot.

>Mid air floatin'
You can toggle that off.

>clamber
You can jump to almost anything the way you could in Halo 2 and 3. Use grenade jumping. Don't want to? Clamber. I don't use it Unless I'm trying to get somewhere after I've messed up a jump or somewhere I know you wouldn't really be able to without it.

>groundpound is gay
It is, i dont think ive seen anyone use it outside of Warzone, and even then, its hardly ever worked out. You arent FORCED to use it.

Nowadays, there are leaks, review copies, and streams of games weeks before a game comes out. You should know what to expect. If you still buy it, you cant really bitch about what you get.
>>
>>315366845
that as well

I don't even like games any more, I'm just constantly disappointed, I'm sick off being shat on by game developers who only care about their wallets.

R.I.P Command and Conquer
R.I.P Halo

gone but never forgotten

F

>>315366907
>No splitscreen
>99% of the people I know suck dick at Halo. I'd rather not have to be forced to look at my own portion of my tv to play with people that are gonna suck ass.
oh fuck off retard
>>
>>315365609

YES
YES YES

Warzone surprised me, it actually is a nice casual thing to jump into from time to time, and it gives more REQ so it feels good win or lose. BTB is going to be fucking great tho I can't wait. I'm really loving the maps and can't wait for the others. This feels like Splatoon all over again waiting on new content, but I like the suspense.
>>
File: wallhaven-7475.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-7475.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Ok, this might be a horrible place to ask. What do you guys think about Blops3? Think it could be a fun addition to playing Halo 5?

I love Halo 5 to death, but I'm thinking Blops might be a fun escape from the competitive feel of Arena.
>>
>>315367030
You're probably the type that likes playing with your friends because easy win.
>>
>>315367030
Brother, you don't even know the half of it.

RIP Rockstar
RIP Fallout after 2
RIP Burnout
RIP Battlefield after 2
RIP Battlefront after 2
RIP Kotor, lore rape is the worst way to go
RIP Civilization (because of BE)
RIP DMC
RIP Megaman BN
RIP Mass Effect after 1
RIP Dead Space after 2
RIP Spore
RIP Halo
RIP MGS
RIP everything that I'm forgetting

F

F

F

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X9tQZFzijc

The dream is dead, boys. Time to give up.
>>
File: giphy.gif (3 MB, 419x313) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3 MB, 419x313
>>315367387
It's not because of an easy win (although I do kick their ass 9/10) it's because of FUN

There was nothing better than everyone setting their Xbox's up and having a right laugh over system link or splitscreen.

It was pure banter
>>315367404
R.I.P Bungie
>>
>>315367535
Oh dear god. Bungie.

How did they manage to sink so low. I can't even believe it. Destiny is literally a grindfest of a game that doesn't even have anything fun to bolster itself on. It's literally the most repetitive thing I've ever played and doesn't even have fun missions to replay.

Goddamn. I'm fucking triggered.
>>
>>315367670
I bought a Destiny edition PS4

I bought into the hype.

r.i.p my wallet

It was that mistake that made me ditch consoles all together.
>>
What Halo 5 did well
>Weapon balance
All the weapons are more or less usable in MP which is good for the series and future installments
>Covenant Weapon design
With the exception of the plasma pistol, the covie weapons and their ADS are absolutely based. I really can't find a flaw with them apart from the Sword being too bright, everything fits perfectly.
>Hunters are absolutely cuhrayzee
YEH SON
>Thruster Packs and Ground Pound are useful and add good dimension to gameplay

What Halo 5 did bad
>Campaign is terribad
>AI system is fucked
>MP is barebones as fuck
No KOTH, Oddball, BTB, VIP, Infection or Assault in any playlist. No I don't care if BTB releases later, it and the rest of these gametypes should've been available on release. 343i actually did well with Oddball where you could throw the ball, cool little feature.
>New UNSC weapon sights are dumb
They should have just stuck with the old design and only kept new ADS for the Assault Rifle. No need to fix what isn't broken; and take sights off shotgun please.
>DMR and BR both in the same game
Just take one of them out for fuck's sake. This leads to one of the weapons either being a gimmick or being outclasses by the other. At the moment the DMR is still superior to the BR.
>Warzone is boring as fuck
>Sprint and Clamber ruin map design
They just needed to increase base movement speed and make use of crouch jumping to a higher degree. I'm so tired of sprint and this new hand-holding button
>Armor designs are fucked
>Rankings are messed up
This is probably temporary, I do think this will sort itself out as more people play heh.
>No Forge on launch
Easiest way to kill Halo
>No fileshare as far as I know
I've had little interactiom with this since I've been busy so I may be misinformed here.

Overall: 5/10
At its core Halo 5 is good but it's like a skeleton without flesh, there's no character, depth or charm to it yet with so many missing features.
>>
>>315367765
I got a bone for 250 because a friend was willing to do gamesharing shenanigans so we could get games for half the price.

It sounded good and all, but I ended up having Destiny be my main game for a long time. This was a month or so before TTK came out. Dear god, even with a full year of content, that was an extremely barren game. I can't even imagine what people must have thought having bought into the hype and having to play through that garbage. Then the insult to injury from having to listen to all the shills praise the game to high heaven for producing nothing.
>>
>No splitscreen
>No forge
>Not being able to select shoulder pads

Multiplayer is tons of fun, but there definitely needs to be more than 3 warzone levels. I hope the next mappack has at LEAST 3 more, but that's doubtful. Maybe 2 if we're lucky.
>>
>>315358349
>Halo 3 campaign was retarded
>Implying that taking back Voi, massive desert vehicle battles on the Ark, and the ridiculously huge Covenant level were in any way inferior to CE/2's levels
I bet you enjoyed the Library.
>>
>Do kind of bad my first few games in a game type
>Test in to fucking gold
>Takes forever and a fucking half to go to the next rank

>Test in to diamond in a game type I don't give a fuck about

fucking ranking system
>>
>>315349119
Is it still Call of Halo like Halo 4 was?
>>
>>315365494
Holy fuck I was pretty mad about that.

Locke should have got one or two really good hits(to break his visor, whatever) then he should have got wrecked.

I hate how they're trying to make Locke and crew the new MC because they want some drama cunts.
>>
>>315367906
Hunters are strong as fuck.
those fucking miniguns
>>
>>315367906
>At the moment the DMR is still superior to the BR.
And is also more rare.
>>
>>315367906
>Warzone is boring as fuck

No.
Problem is lack of maps. Needs 2-3 more at least for both arena and warzone.
>>
>>315358569
You're an idiot. You can't ADS with AR or other weapons that couldn't previously zoom in.
Because it's a fucking zoom. Stop complaining about change, it's about time they threw new stuff into boring old gameplay.
>>
>>315356702
"To earn every armor you have to play the game" oh the horror.
>>
>>315368052
Oh god the people who praise the game are the biggest bunch of retards I have ever seen

honestly to be that sheepish is triggering
>>
>>315370375
It's so strange that now the mentality has become "You can't hate anything or your're a sheep" when idiots try to justify casualized garbage.
>>
>>315370486
it's all these casual fucking players

anytime a game is remotely hard to play they just complain and bitch so they like it when they see other games turned into call of duty
>>
>>315369149
>DMR > BR
>Let's hide the gun!
>This makes it okay
>>
>>315371301
>Rocket > DMR
>Let's put the gun behind a timer!
>This makes it okay
>>
>>315371301
>Sniper Rifle > BR
>Let's hide the gun!
>This makes it okay

>Rocket Launcher > BR
>Let's hide the gun!
>This makes it okay

>Light Rifle > BR
>Let's Hide the gun!
>This makes it okay
>>
>>315371301
Except if someone has the DMR and it isn't in the spawn, but the BR is there, it's perfectly OK to get the BR.

Yes it isn't as strong but thems the tits faggot. Whats the difference between it and any other weapon?
>>
>>315367404
I don't understand why faggots like you even play video games if you're just gonna hate everything you play
>>
>>315369205
That's why it's boring as fuck. You'd think 343 would put more effort into Warzone maps considering Arena is barren as fuck and starved of maps.
>>
It's the best multiplayer since Halo 2 but the worst campaign in the series.

That doesn't mean the campaign is "bad".
Level design is the most open in the series, but enemy placement and intellegence is horrible.
The levels also arnt that long.

The story is pretty shit, but who gives a duck at this point?

It's probably the best multiplayer shooter of the year, but it needs more content. Luckily BTB and forge are on the way.

So yeah, it wasn't a flawless attempt, but 343 finally made a good one.
>>
>>315371568
He doesn't hate everything he plays

He enjoys those instant /v/ classics like Planescape, Deus Ex, VtM:B, Baldur's Gate, and Morrowind.
>>
>>315371669
So he's a neckbeard living in the past and hates change in any shape or form?
>>
>>315371839
Your words.
>>
>>315371451
>>315371359
>>315371376
The DMR isn't a power weapon you tools, it's just a single shot BR that can shoot farther because it actually has a good scope. You'd achieve the same thing if the BR didn't have such a fucked up scope. What's the point of having 2 weapons that are the same functionally from 1 faction?

It'd be better to have:
>Lightrifle > BR = Carbine
Than
>Lightrifle > DMR > BR = Carbine

Convoluting it just for the sake of more weapons.
>>
>>315371909
Carbine is better than the BR.

It shields more quickly and can 1 hitta quit.
>>
>>315371968
TTK is similar, but the Carbine is superior in campaign. I think the BR is a 4 shot if you nail a perfect kill too which means it's either faster or slower than the Carbine depending on that; keeps them on relatively equal footing with each other.
>>
>>315362140
relevant?
After the backlash they received in Halo 5, Osiris will be kitchen janitors in Halo 6.
>>
>>315350313
Can someone explain aim acceleration, I've never played Halo
>>
>can't spawn with the Carbine anymore

Well, shit. I actually liked that about loadouts.
>>
Its shit because its a halo game

In before butthurt leddits tell me to leave when you fucking asked what /v/ thinks about it.
>>
>>315351202
Yasssss
>>
>>315373139
>Pretending to have bad taste for attention
Neo /v/ is real
>>
File: muh halo 3.jpg (317 KB, 660x2194) Image search: [Google]
muh halo 3.jpg
317 KB, 660x2194
>>315373307
>calls someone who doesn't like halo "neo-/v/"
>>
The game just came out give it fucking time. Continue your fap fest bitches and play the game.
>>
>>315349119
you need to get those micro transaction things to get armour but apparently you can earn point to get them for free
>>
>>315373139
No one asked you shit boss.
>>
>>315373408
Watch out, he has a MSpaint comic
>>
>>315371568
maybe if game devs didn't fuck up everything they touch it wouldn't be this way
>>
>>315373408
>Implying Halo 1-3 were bad
>Implying you didn't come into a this thread for those glorious (You)'s that you were desperately seeking
>Implying you're not a massive faggot for this kind of attention seeking
>>
File: HALO AND GODHAND.png (153 KB, 395x242) Image search: [Google]
HALO AND GODHAND.png
153 KB, 395x242
>>315373690
He(i) has a MSpaint comic that was made fucking ages ago on /v/ to show you that you're the neo-/v/, faggot.
>>
File: halo and aim assist.gif (1 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
halo and aim assist.gif
1 MB, 480x360
>>315373743
The point of that post was to show you that you're the neo-/v/.

Also yes, halo 1-3 were bad, every halo game was generic casual garbage made for children and the mentally retarded.
>>
>>315367362
I have a huge hard-on for strong movement options, so I'm definitely getting it.
>>
>>315374394
>strong movement options

kek
Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.