[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck you guys. This game kicks ass.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 13
File: 039459.jpg (170 KB, 1257x1600) Image search: [Google]
039459.jpg
170 KB, 1257x1600
Fuck you guys. This game kicks ass.
>>
Who said it didnt???
>>
>>315321067
V
>>
>>315321067

Constant /v/ shitposts. I had my doubts but played it at a friends today it's a lot of fun. No splitscreen sucks but the game itself is solid as hell.
>>
Multiplayer is fun, but the campaign is shit in every way.

Multiplayer is also missing most of the fun modes.
>>
My only issues are the bullshit lack of local coop and the iffy spawn points. The coop will unfortunately be unavoidable, but the spawn point issues should be fixed in the near future. Besides those, I'm enjoying it immensely.
>>
>>315320593
>sprint
>thrusters
>"smart scope"
>shit tier 4v4 arena maps (rip halo we'll never see classic maps again thanks to this piece of shit game)
literally the worst halo yet
>>
>>315322207
Besides the story being average, the only thing I don't like about the campaign is the vehicle sections
>>
>>315322207

>campaign is shit in every way

It really wasn't though. It was fun to play and challenging. It played pretty much like every other Halo campaign I've played. Not sure what was going on with the story though.

>Multiplayer is also missing most of the fun modes.

I was missing BTB. Not sure what's going on with that, but the Warzone was pretty fun 90% of the time. It only sucked when your entire team was getting reamed by like 3 tanks. Just seemed like I was on a shitty team. Team snipers was always one of my favorites, and I'm really hoping they put Grifball back in.

I'm buying it tomorrow.
>>
>>315320593
Fuck you. You're an xbot. Kill yourself.
>>
>/v/ suddenly likes Halo
>>
>>315322467
BTB is getting added December 9th along with Forge.
>>
>>315320593

you have to be at least 18 to post here, please leave.
>>
>>315322467
You contradicted everything you said with that last sentence
>>
>>315322474
>>315322617

Suck a dick fags.

>>315322614

Cheers.
>>
>>315322467

>fun and challenging

REV UP THOSE WARDEN ETERNALS SENPAI
>>
File: rrrrr.jpg (53 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
rrrrr.jpg
53 KB, 600x300
>>315322336
forgot to mention the useless ranks that are completely inferior to pic related in almost every way
>>
>>315322635

No I didn't.
>>
>>315322813
>Says that he enjoys the game
>States that he hasn't bought it yet
Are you retarded
>>
>>315322764

Can I lose rank in Halo 5? Or is it just the bronze/silver/gold shit.
>>
>>315322886

>Doesn't have any friends that will let him come over and try it out

Must suck being a friendless faggot.
>>
does it have split screen?
does it have firefight?
does it have a long well thought out campaign?
does it have re-playability?
If you had slow internet, and no possible way to play on xbox live, would the campaign alone hold this game together?
>>
>>315322886
>>315322886

He may have rented it or something.
>>
>>315323012

No
No
No
No
No

Clocked the campaign in about 4 hours on normal. Remember almost none of it. It's just a bunch of elevators and bullet sponge bosses.
>>
>>315320593
i haven't played halo since halo 2. whos this blue visor guy?
>>
>>315322758
>Fighting the Eternal Sentai Wardenger with the braindead partner AI
It's a miracle it didn't take me 50 tries.
>>
>>315323170
>normal

found the hugmodo faggotron
>>
>>315323170
Wow, sounds like the worst halo ever made and a mediocre game by any other name.

thanks for nothing 343

but thank you for your honesty.
>>
Nah it's shit
Fuck 343
>>
>>315323449

I always do normal first. I thought about doing legendary after, but I'll never touch the campaign again without 3 other players.
>>
>>315323260

Obligatory token black guy.
>>
Bro you're supposed to do the opposite that /v/ says.
>>
>>315323012
no
no
no
Yes(to me)
No
>>
I've enjoyed it so far.

The campaign seems a lot like other Halo campaigns - vaguely entertaining, but nothing to get excited about, and story-wise almost total nonsense.

The multiplayer seems great. I enjoy every playlist available, and warzone is cool (occasionally) as long as you don't give a shit and just use your goddamn cards. The customization options are fun, I unlock enough stuff to feel a sense of progress but it's all cosmetic, and since I'm lukewarm on warzone I don't feel a need to buy packs or anything.

The only real problem is that I'm old as fuck and my reactions are starting to degrade. I'm decent, but every once in a while I run into a team/player that just absolutely pushes my shit in.
>>
>>315322467
>It was fun to play and challenging

You're joking right
Unless you're talking about your team mates ai or the stupidity of the enemy, for example the warden got himself stuck in a corner and did nothing

Currently playing it solo legendary and it's stupidly easy, feels more like heroic should. No need to do the classic tactic of plasma the shields down then br headshot on the elites, all you have to do is use the br since they seem to have gotten rid of weapon resistance (ie bullets shit vs shields.)

Not only have they made it easier in terms of enemies they added a fucking revive mode, the best part being if your ai partners get killed all you have to do is wait a few minutes and they'll teleport to you.
>>
>>315324348
I'm pretty good at everything not Team Slayer. I get my shit knocked in with straight Slayer
>>
>>315324653
You realize that the difficulty as stayed somewhat the same right? your just getting better at Halo
>>
File: 1445531326356.png (219 KB, 340x368) Image search: [Google]
1445531326356.png
219 KB, 340x368
PS4 guy here. I tried it at my friend's place. It's ok, but I wouldn't buy an xbone for it, nor would I pay 60 bucks for the game.

I think "kicks ass" is pushing it. Previous halo games besides 4 were better imo.
>>
>>315324814

The enemies just get spongier, but keep their instant-kill spots.

The bungie games give far more trouble.
>>
>>315325282
It's a step up from 4.
>>
>>315325654
>The bungie games give far more trouble.
>Halo 2 Jackal Snipers

Also all Halo games have the enemies get spongier. put your nostalgia glasses up, Bungie's games were only better story wise and vehicle section wise
>>
>>315325282
How is it when I say something like this about bloodborne there's nothing but rage and spitfire?

You're absolutely right in your opinion, I wouldn't buy an xbone for this either, but it's a nice addition to my collection. I wish I had more than Bloodborne and Oneechanbara that look interesting on PS4 otherwise I'd own one.
>>
Only Halo Waypoint is capable of defending bugs and lack of features

>THE NEW RADAR IS THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN IN HALO5

>AIMING NOW ACTUALLY REQUIRES SKILL

>CAN WE AGREE THAT WE WERE WRONG ABOUT CUSTOMIZATION BEING BAD?
>>
>>315325927

Older games had enemies react differently and brought in more of them for certain sections.
>>
>>315326081
I hate Halo Waypoint, but how is Radar broken? not seeing people who are walking is FINE
ADS isn't a big deal, pretty much never use it anyway, as it actually hinders you
Customization is okay, but I feel it takes too long to get armor
>>
>>315326297
>Radar
I think there is something wrong with its range or some shit, but people claim that its bugged

>Aiming
They are talking about some weird ass acceleration bug that shouldn't happen and it can really mess up your aim

>Customization
I don't think its okay when its worse than Halo 3, which came out 8 years ago
>>
343i a shit. Halo 5 a shit. Only made 7.7mil quids on first day. GtaV made 65 million crumpets. Mp will be fucking barren once cod and fo4 are out. Back me up here todd.
>>
>>315325685
Yeah, that's why I said every game besides 4 was better than it. It's better than 4 definitely. 343 improved since last time, that's for sure.
>>315326037
Bro, if you don't like bloodborne that's cool with me. Just don't go into a bloodborne thread acting hostile and you won't get shit on. It's cool if you just say you don't like it and it's not your taste.
>>
>>315326081

God those fucks love the taste of 343i ball sack don't they?
>>
>>315326081
>AIMING NOW ACTUALLY REQUIRES SKILL

sure does! ;^)))
meanwhile all those digusting bullet magetism webms

how's that even allowed, let alone accepted by the community?
>>
>>315327429
Halo waypoint is pretty much 343i samefagging and circlejerking its own dick. Just like how they try to do it here sometimes but quickly fuck off if someone calls em out on their bs. This thread being a prime example.

Take note 343i... amonng other things, halo 5 ost was pretty fucking shit too
>>
>>315327680

To be fair, the webms are coming from theater mode replays. The first person view doesn't line up properly on theater.

I didn't notice much bullet magnetism when I was shitting up the place.
>>
>>315322207
http://www.vice.com/video/vice-talks-games-with-frank-oconnor-201

The story is trying to move away from chef, you can only save the world with the same super solider so many times before it gets boring.

They are trying to expand the Halo universe and this starts with us playing and learning about new people.

I still think the team dynamic for locke's team was lacklustre but I get what they are trying to do and support. If you can't see how this is leading up to 6 you are blind.
>>
>>315321991
Mechanics are good. Just needs more maps. Story was retarded but multi has potential so whatever.
>>
>>315327975
To be fair, 343i a shit and halo 5 sucks ass too. Get fucked shill
>>
>>315320593
If you are 12.
>>
>>315325927
No, you stop shilling. Halo 5's Legendary is the worst in the series besides 2. All AI is shit, encounters are fucking awful (it's pretty much all either fight a few waves of enemies or fight a Warden), enemy stats are retarded so you can kill even the highest ranking Elites in one magazine of a DMR so you have no reason to swap weapons. It wasn't challenging or fun at all.
>>
>>315328165
Not really
>>
File: 1443042491707.png (222 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
1443042491707.png
222 KB, 449x401
>>315323170
>normal

everyone laugh at this fucking scrub
>>
>>315328069
This is what 343i actually thinks...

If you want to add more characters then give em a spinoff game like reach or odst... you dont kek mC with just 3 missions outta 15 in a numbered halo.
>>
File: 1434577720388.gif (374 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
1434577720388.gif
374 KB, 500x322
>>315321991
>No Forge
>No Splitscreen
>No Firefight
>No KoTH
>No Oddball
>No Griffball
>No Assault
>No VIP
>No Juggernaut
>No Big Team Slayer
>Only 4 Game Types for launch
>Breakout maps are not actually different maps, but 1 map forged differently
>But... it's shitposting!

Yeah okay you dumb nigger.
>>
>>315322764
There's ranks on each Playlist on arena that are still based you fucking yard. Games not great but the multiplayer is solid for what it is, all the guns are balanced and ranking into onyx prevents you from plating with the retards at lower ranks.
>>
>>315320593
Halo Multiplayer has always been fun.

The issue is, is it MORE fun than previous Halo installments? The problem I have is that there are so many fucking Halo games, if the new one doesn't hit all the points that a previous Halo game did, I'll just keep playing the older one, and so do a lot of people because those games usually still have people playing them.

So yeah, Halo 5's multiplayer is fun, but is there any point in playing it if it's not more fun than another Halo?
>>
>>315328483
4.5 to 5hrs on legendary.. youtube that shit my negro.
>>
>>315328483
A good game should be fun on any difficulty
>>
>>315328165

This is true, but what I said wasn't wrong.

The game is utter shit, but those webms aren't an accurate representation.
>>
>>315323170
>Normal

It's a ridiculously arcadey shooting gallery in Heroic, though. Then it becomes half-decent. By the end of the game there's waves of knights coming at you and you're ripping turrets apart to kill them in two hits, and it's fucking great then.
>>
>>315324348
>Other Halo campaigns
>Vaguely entertaining
Did you not play the first two Halo games?
>>
>>315328379
Legendary solo took me 5 hours and I think I died about 8 times mostly from dumb stuff. The pistol can kill almost every elite in under a magazine and the light rifle 3 or 4 shots weak prometheans on legendary. It was the easiest campaign I've ever played.
>>
File: 1444666114203.jpg (37 KB, 562x518) Image search: [Google]
1444666114203.jpg
37 KB, 562x518
>microsoft actually made a studio to make halo games and they blew it
>>
>>315328870
>>315328429
Nice damage control there franky.. now follow these steps:
1. Put some lube on your head and asshole
2. Put lubed head up kiki's dickhole
3. Recieve Bonnie's seed in your ass.
>>
>Can't play as anything but Spartans
>Customization lackluster compared to Reach
I know it's nitpicking but that's my biggest complaint. If I'm gonna slog through subpar multiplayer, I want to be able to unlock a bunch of shit and play dressup. 343 won't even let me have fun when I try.
>>
>>315329248

Who the fuck is kiki.
>>
And what was up with the straight up lies that campaign was equally divided btw chief and nigger?
>>
>>315329402
A hairy manbeast with a huge dick who is ruining halo. She works at 343i and her job is to kek frank o connor
>>
>>315328748
There's still skulls and intel to find. The campaign may be short but it's really replayable
>>
>>315329808
>Replaying that shit even once
Stop it 343i. You are just embarrassing yourself now.
>>
>>315322912
You can go down within the individual tiers, such as from Platinum 4 to Platinum 3, but you can't go down to Gold from Platinum.
>>
>>315320593
Multiplayer has been great for me
>>
>>315328730
Yeah.. defend this shit 343i.. actually dont.. just fuck off because you're a shit
>>
>>315320593
Smh desu senpai kek
>>
>>315326814
Nah Bloodborne fags immediately start some earplugging never ever shit when you tell them you don't like the game.
>>
>>315329712
She is a community manager.

Blame Bonnie Ross if youre going to blame someone
>>
>>315330871
that shill
>>
>>315330260
It all depends on how you present your opinion, bro. If you're aggressive people won't react kindly. I've learned to be a more chill guy and not try to start shit with people over games, it's kind of dumb to argue online desu. Try browsing /vg/, they're a lot nicer than /v/. I've talked about why I prefer bloodborne in the dark souls general and they reacted extremely politely.

Also, if I came here and said "Halo is shit" even if I had good reasons, no one would hear me out because I come across as an asshole.

All you need to do is say "I don't like it and this is why." You could say the exact same shit in different tones and get completely different reactions.
>>
Gameplay wise it's an excellent game, but it's lackluster in pretty much everything else
>>
AI wants humanity to give up it's free will for peace, real creative. Wonder how long it took them to scribe out this masterpiece.
>>
>>315331903
fuck you
>>
>>315331903
fuck u newfag gtfo
>>
File: 1b0.jpg (68 KB, 680x465) Image search: [Google]
1b0.jpg
68 KB, 680x465
Someone make a halo 5 version asap
>>
>>315331996

This.

How fucking disappointing was the campaign? Like holy shit.

1. Literally nothing like what was hyped. It's clear from the fucking getgo that Chief isn't a traitor (I mean, we knew that going in, but at least have some semblance of storytelling prowess).
2. Shortest campaign ever. Holy fuck.
3. What even happens in the story? People compare it to Halo 2 in regards to the cliffhanger, but shit actually HAPPENS in Halo 2. A lot of shit. The Arbiter and the Covenant go through an entire fucking story arc and civil war, we get HUGE insight into the Covenant and their hierarchy. More importantly it sets up the final push in the war.

Halo 5? What do we learn? Cortana is alive. And she has a plan. And... that's it. Literally nothing else happens. Locke is a shitty version of Halo 2's Arbiter, and totally lacks any character or personality. I guess we're supposed to empathize with his team? Or something? What is even the point?

Just awful.
>>
>>315322614
Btb is a 2 weeks after launch nigga
>>
>>315332597
>>315332668
there is no need to be mean, let's all be friends
>>
Tfw most of /v/ are to dumb too see that hunt the truth was about cortana as well though Locke is hunting chief chief is hunting her
>beginning of the greatest hunt
>she got away
>6 is gonna be bad ass
you fags love hating good things here huh?
>>
>>315323170
4 Hours on normal seems pretty long. I remember 3 took like 3 or so the first time I even played a Halo besides at a friends house.
>>
>>315322467
>campaign is fun and challenging
The level design was sub-par at best and the promethean enemies were nothing more than lifeless health boxes. They don't dodge, take cover only occasionally and have no personality as enemies whatsoever. Even the Elites are trash now and just stand around until you shoot them. In Reach, they rolled around, dodged and evaded thrown grenades. I would be lucky as fuck to even stick one and this is Reach we're talking about. The only improvements to enemies this game were the Grunts and Hunters.
>>
>>315328069
I found that it wasn't the fact that there are new spartans.. I actually really enjoyed Buck and Locke.

The game is unbelievably short. There are 15 missions, but at least 3 of those involve talking to 2 people and moving onto the next mission.

Shit, missions 9 was a talk and intel gathering mission, and mission 11 was the exact same thing, in the exact same place.

Not to mention that there are hardly any interesting fights or scenes in game and that the plot was one giant "eh".
>>
>>315322467
The level design was sub-par at best and the promethean enemies were nothing more than lifeless health boxes. They don't dodge, take cover only occasionally and have no personality as enemies whatsoever. Even the Elites are trash now and just stand around until you shoot them. In Reach, they rolled around, dodged and evaded thrown grenades. I would be lucky as fuck to even stick one and this is Reach we're talking about. The only improvements to enemies this game were the Grunts and Hunters.

>>315322467
>>
lel 3rd wave halo babbies
>>
>7 co-op achievements
>No co-op matchmaking or splitscreen
Went to go do some of those with a 2nd controller, but then I was like "Oh wait."

When you have no friends, no splitscreen and decide not to implement matchmaking this is a load of bullshit.
>>
>>315328730
This, they got the combat itself mostly right this time but left out everything people like about Halo to shill Warzone. Plus 343s maps fucking suck they need to just copy paste the old ones.
>>
>>315333142
>halo 6
>starring everyone's favorite: SPARTAN LOCKE
>Arby and the Chief show up for one thirty second cutscene
>they immediately die
>>
>>315322467
>>
>>315334374
Are you dumb?
>>
I just finished getting all the achievements so now I can finally put this shit game down.

Don't listen to the shills, guys. This game is seriously a 2/10. You already know the problems with the campaign, the multiplayer is even worse.

M$ admitted they were trying to make the game more competitive but they don't realize it isn't CS:GO. Halo is a dudebro game and there is nothing wrong with that. Now it doesn't know if it wants to be an arena shooter or a tacticool shooter and the result is that the game sucks balls.
>>
>>315334374
Are you dumb?>>315333441
Only on legendary I played reach and stuck niggas all day quit being a nostalgic fag
>>
>>315322467
>>
Multiplayer is fantastic. Love playing BTB with the boys. Sometimes I'd go into forge and make a sweet map for us to play some custom infection on. When no one's online me and my bro chill and play some 1v1 local multiplayer. He always screen peaks though!
>>
>>315334878
>They don't dodge
They teleport all over the place.
>>
>>315320593
Why is the campaign for a game with so much material available for use reduced to "run out of bullets and go the rest of the mission with the suppresor hoping not to get killed, not because of your competitive spirit, but because you want it to end already"
>>
I'd love it if my old halo buddies weren't wasting their time with Destiny. Yes that's right, if you choose to play Destiny instead of Halo 5 you are wasting your time.
AN OPINION!, BY GOD, SOMEONE STOP HIM.
>>
343i is yet to make a good original character.
>>
>>315320593

This game has made me fall in love with Halo again. Played 2 and 3 religiously but have absolutely hated every Halo game since but this multilayer has potential to be on par with 2 and 3 if the new maps and game types released along with forge are decent
>>
>>315322467
>>
>>315330871
If you're trying to do damage control please step it up senpai
>>
>>315320593
>Halo 5 couldn't find you a server

Well this sucks
>>
>no split-screen co-op fun
>custom games require online access and gold membership
>cosmetic DLC cash grab pre-order bullshit
>>
>>315326653
That seems to be the general consensus. The random people that I've talked to are just killing time with halo until call of duty drops. I can definitely see a big drop off when cod is out.
>>
File: 1446413788731.jpg (55 KB, 600x369) Image search: [Google]
1446413788731.jpg
55 KB, 600x369
>DMR is rare and can't use it until later in the match in Warzone
>Carbine isn't a loadout weapon
>>
File: 1429298252557.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1429298252557.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>315320593
nice p2w game

lmao you xbots will eat anything up also >>315328730
>>
NOBODY CARES ABOUT SPLITPSCREEN
jesus christ
>>
>>315328730
>all that shit no day uno
Blame warzone
But everything is coming.
I have great fun in a friend xbone.
>>
>>315339809
>Nobody cares about splitscreen
>Everyone is using no splitscreen as a comparison to other Halos
>>
File: 1327296709213.jpg (60 KB, 400x505) Image search: [Google]
1327296709213.jpg
60 KB, 400x505
>>315335013
>>315335063
Maybe, but 343 was dumb as hell to include blue team for only 3 missions.
>>
File: ledgegrunt.jpg (58 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
ledgegrunt.jpg
58 KB, 800x450
game was shit but these were the GOAT halo characters of the post-johnson cast.
>>
It's a fun game, I actually like some of the new mechanics such as boost and ledge climbing, helps open up the freedom of movement and kinda brings back that Quake Arena-type feel the first game had; and the weapons finally feel like they pack an actual punch. I don't get why everyone is complaining about the REQ system, you literally earn all the points and packs in game if you don't suck. Yeah, no splitscreen is trash, but most games have scraped it as well, so its not surprising that 343 would follow that trend.
>>
File: 1391468102949.png (75 KB, 550x439) Image search: [Google]
1391468102949.png
75 KB, 550x439
>TFW too busy complaining about the various other issues of the game in the feedback survey I forgot to mention Sidescreen

SHIT
Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.