[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worst game you have ever played and why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 25
File: the princes persian shit.jpg (517 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
the princes persian shit.jpg
517 KB, 1280x720
What is the worst game you have ever played? It doesn't need to be broken garbage shit, it could be what the game represented instead. Pic fucking related, for example
>>
>>315316367
Continued:
>Garbage bosses, like 4 in the game that repeat over and over
>backtracking
>forced collection of orbs to progress
>no death
>douchebag jockbro style character
>infuriating cliffhanger ending
>but buy the DLC for the real ending!
>inferior reboot of the sands of time trilogy

I hate this game so very much. It's the reason I won't buy UBIshit.
>>
Bioshock Infinite.

>Garbage bosses, only 1 in the game that repeat over and over
>backtracking
>forced collection of audiotapes to understand why the game got it's own rules wrong.
>no death
>douchebag jockbro style character
>infuriating illogical ending that solved nothing.
>but buy the DLC for the real game!
>inferior reboot of the Bioshock series.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (98 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
98 KB, 1280x720
I win.
>>
X-Men on the NES.
>>
>>315317180
I am starting to see a pattern here. I also severely disliked Infinite, but I really enjoyed the opening area and some of the vistas in the game.
>>
>>315317247
It's not a contest anon. Now why not tell us another game that other people like that you fucking despise because of reasons.
>>
>>315317430
It had a nice ascetic. for the first hour of the game.
Then you realize the gameplay characters and story are either bland or fucking awful and you kind of stop giving a shit about the ascetics until the whole brief future bit. Then back to not giving a shit.
>>
Risen and Risen 2.

I dont know how anybody stomachs those games, they play like shit, everything is janky.
>>
>>315316367
Re6 feels like i got raped
>>
>>315317801
Risen 2 and 3 are prime shit.
But i personally like 1.
It doesn't come off nearly as bad as 2 and 3.
>>
Okami and Bravely Default.
>>
>>315318117
Explain your reasons.

I can understand Okami. That game was a gorgeous bore. I almost fell asleep running around and making plants bloom.
>>
>>315318271
I can understand BD. but only on a shallow note.
I'm guessing the game is the worst to him simply because of the rerun chapters.
>>
FFT war of the lions

i tried so hard to like this game but it has such a slow start i have never reached the point where "the story gets good", same principle as movies that get good after the first hour o anime that takes 8 episodes before "becoming interesting"

i didn't expect a game-long climax but i require a starting hook instead of throwing me into a series of menus i don't understand from the first fight and expecting me to know what to do with these seemingly copypasted units until later in the game because i know i'm gonna be fucked if i manage them wrong
>>
>>315317801
Risen 1 is a good game though.
>>
File: Divinity_Original_Sin_cover.png (210 KB, 280x375) Image search: [Google]
Divinity_Original_Sin_cover.png
210 KB, 280x375
I am trying so hard to fucking like this game, but almost every encounter i keep getting my shit slapped, the fact that i have to keep reloading the game doesnt help my attitude towards this game, these load times are killing me. Its as bad as bloodborne
>>
>>315318632
Posts like these always make me feel better about myself.
>>
>>315318726
Git gud and upgrade toaster.
>>
Uncharted 3's multiplayer
It's not a game on its own but it is by far the worst thing I've ever played. They have all that money and the experience from U2's multiplayer and they still came out with that trash.

>The lag when you or another is hanging off a ledge
>You both know the other is there but whoever has the slightly lower ping gets the kill
>The melee lag
>The faggot perks
>Anyone who played the game religiously and hit max rank was God because of the OP perks and equipment

I picked up the game late so the only people left still playing the multiplayer were fags at max level without other games to play. It was a nightmare.

I never thought I'd say I respect a game like CoD for having better multiplayer. Yes, leveling up should have cool rewards but not some that make the player retardedly OP compared to someone at level 1 with similar skill.
>>
Mace The Dark Age on N64. What a load of shit.
>>
>>315318726
The enhanced version came out. better load times.
and A pussy bitch mode for yourself.
>>
Digimon world 4

God what the fuck were they thinking
>>
>>315318785
you avin a giggle mate
>>
>>315319235
Tell us what was wrong with the game for those of us who don't play kid games.
>>
ninja gaiden 3 for me

its because ninja gaiden is my favorite series of all time and it was just awful. yaiba was pretty fucking disappointing too.
>>
>>315319329
Not that guy but Digimon world 4 broke my fucking phat ps2.
Fuck that game.
It couldn't read the brand new game and burned the fucking laser out trying.
>>
File: 1444498384571.png (72 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1444498384571.png
72 KB, 250x250
Duke Nukem: Forever. It was supposed to be the messiah game that will save the FPS genre, but instead we got this steaming pile of shit, it has everything that is wrong with modern first person shooters. It completely missed the point of Douk. They thought if they just reskinned some leftover cowadoody game and slapped tits to go it would be good enough.

>ultra linear levels
>strictly scripted scenes that can't be bypassed or skipped, you're forced to listen to a whole lot of useless dialog
>game holds your hand throughout the whole game, you don't get to make your own decisions and approaches
>no key hunting, no secrets, no fun allowed
>regenerating health
>turret sequences
>quick time events
>physics puzzles
>tedious bossfights that cannot be completed Duke style (as in, shoot it until it dies)
>no new aliens
>no mighty foot

As from technical point of view, it's not a terrible game. Very very, very generic, but not awful. It's a shitty Duke Nukem game, but it's not just shitty Duke Nukem game: It shat all over the name of Duke Nukem and because of this game we're probably never going to get another Douk game ever again.
All I ever wanted was Duke Nukem 3D with modern day graphics, maybe some extra levels, but just Douk 3D in modern graphics and physics engine would be fine. And the thing is, there WAS going to be one. Really! There was this fan project that was going to bring Duke Nukem 3D back with crisp modern HD graphics and everything, but guess fucking what: Gearbox (the asshats who currently own Duke's ass) thought it would make DNF look like shit in comparison (which was true, because the fan made game looked wayyyy better in screenshots), so they sent their flying monkeys after those dudes and the whole project was canned.
So not only did it ruin Douk's name, it also ruined our chances of getting another Douk game, and most importantly the Duke Nukem 3D HD remake.
>>
>>315318914
>>315319120
I can do it kakashi-kun, BELIEVE IT!
>>
>>315316575
- Fair, but it was an exploration game, not a combat game.
- Not really. None of the levels are large and they're easy to get through when done.
- So? You'll still not advance if you suck shit. You'll either keep failing jumps or enemies regenerate health.
- He wasn't at all. Unless you think having no sleeves makes you a Chad
- Yeah, it was probably going to be a trilogy but Ubisoft became an Assassin Madden machine
- It set up the next game, not really an ending. Still I agree.
- Do you know what a reboot is? They're all different stories.

It was a great game and not getting a sequel that would have improved the shortcomings is one of Ubisoft's biggest crimes.
>>
>>315320843
He had a very overconfident douchebag attitude and he loved to make fun of the female protagonist and piss her off. The very last thing he did was make her final sacrifice in vain and leaves with her while she cries that he's doomed the world. How is that not a horrible, shitty main character?

As for the reboot why bother doing a reboot if you don't improve on what came before. It was a shit game that people hated and thats why it got nothing else.
>>
>>315319329
>digimon world 1
The GOAT digimon game, literally the perfect adaption of the digital pets into a videogame. Completely original, challenging and entertaining. Still hard to find games similar to it
>digimon world 2
Mystery dungeon rip off with DQ combat. Step down from its predecessor but lots of digimon to collect so good in its own way
>digimon world 3
Generic jrpg but again had loads of digimon to collect and a solid card minigame so still decent even if its not as good as the original game
>digimon world 4
generic hack and slash. Ignores everything good about the digimon series (evolution, collect em all, monster fights) and turned it into cartoon animals fighting with swords
>>
File: 1402551046822.png (143 KB, 343x343) Image search: [Google]
1402551046822.png
143 KB, 343x343
>>315316367
this game was comfy as fuck
>>
>>315320843
>- It set up the next game, not really an ending. Still I agree.
It just ended on a new cliff hanger of foot waifu leaving you to do, not set up for the next adventure. It series has two games counting the hand held.

My main problem wtih reboot PoP is the "you can do any part of the world at any time" so with no order to the boss fight the characters didn't have a progression of growing on each other. She would hate him, then next cut scene she would love him and now suddenly he hates her, then it would flip back to how it was before next cut scene. Made him bring her back from the dead unbelievable for me as he didn't like her last they talked.
>>
>>315316367
Forgotten Sands is a better game in every way, play that.
It's bare foot female is better too.
>>
>>315321284
>generic hack and slash. Ignores everything good about the digimon series (evolution, collect em all, monster fights) and turned it into cartoon animals fighting with swords
Now I remember, this is the one where you're controlling the Digimon itself, equipping them with dual swords and shit, and you're investigating the digital areas because reasons right?
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png (228 KB, 858x725) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png
228 KB, 858x725
>>315318632
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 460x215
>get home excited to play this because I love Star Wars
>I play for two hours straight
>all of a sudden the game ends
I was so disappointed
>>
>>315321282
>I don't like him
>That makes him bad

Wow, these are some trash opinions.
>>
>>315319685
The Doctor Who Cloned me DLC was good. You can tell the main game was made in 2005, and with the DLC they took that old stuff and polished it up nicely. Duke isn't ruined, he'll be back. Surprised they haven't made him a DLC character in Boarderlands yet.
>>
>>315322254
How long did you play the first one for?
>>
>>315322254
I can't even remember what the plot supposed to be.
>>
>>315316367

It's been a very long time since I played reboot PoP. Some parts of the game were tedious, but it wasn't that bad. Of course the ending+DLC episode pretty much shot the game in the foot, and ended all chances of getting a sequel.
>>
As a pop fan i swear the artstyle of this game is the most amazing thing that has ever graced my computer, but the level design and everything else was so shit it made me cry
>>
>>315319329
>Tell us what was wrong with the game for those of us who don't play kid games.
every game is a kid game, m8
>>
>>315316367
I actually enjoyed it.

Simple gameplay that was more focused on exploring and sightseeing.
It's like an artsy fartsy bullshit game but with actual semi-interesting gameplay.

Don't like Nolan North but his character in this wasn't too bad. Pretty chilled out. The interactions between the two characters weren't anything crazy.

Just the emptiness of the whole world was refreshing. Shadow of the colossus feel almost.

Enemies while simple were fun.

I liked Sands of Time but hated the other PoPs so that might be why i like this kind of more relaxed, timely PoP game.

Liked the story and loved the ending. Didn't buy the dlc because fuck it.
But it just follows that same design that's always been divisive.
>work hard to achieve something
>finally achieve it and realise it's not worth it
>Undo it all one one motion

From the start to the end, no matter what you pretend, the journey is more important than the end or the start.
>>
>>315322254
At least it was pretty?
>>
Spec ops the line
>>
>>315322885

>Didn't buy the dlc because fuck it.

It was pretty awful, and I remember feeling like my time and money were wasted. Male protagonist pretty much revived (?) the female companion, and she's just pissed off the entire time because he did it.
>>
>>315322508
I don't remember

>>315322693
you play as a clone of starkiller and you have to find Juno and get revenge against Vader
>>
Fuck I hated that Prince of Persia game. There was a lot of games that generation that were overrated garbage.
Assassins Creed 2
Killzone 2
Fable 2
Resident Evil 5
LA Noire
>>
I liked PoP.

The worst game I've bought was Paper Mario Sticker Star, but the worst game I've played was a shitty puzzle (?) game on SNES that used vector graphics or similar. Can't remember the name but it was baad and I had next to nothing to play on the system at the time.
>>
>>315323809

>Resident Evil 5

Uh,

I thought everyone hated that game. I wasn't crazy about it.
>>
>>315323406
Oh, so instead of leaving it on the open-ended cliff hanger... It screws over the story.

I heard mixed things, but i was happy with the ending. Don't always like cliffhangar endigns but i'd enjoyed my time with the game and was happy to put it to rest.
>>
>>315316367
Fallout 3
Pretty disgusting what they did to Fallout's story and gameplay. They fucked it up in every way.
>>
>>315318117
Shit tastes
>>
>>315323809
>>315324082
>RE5
no almost everyone (not just /v/) shit on it after it came out. especially about the majini and enemies in the game
>>
>>315324094

Lol, yeah. The story was decent enough as it was, if memory serves correctly. The epilogue was just... it was awkward.
>>
File: 7558.epicmickey_2D00_cover.jpg (333 KB, 1296x774) Image search: [Google]
7558.epicmickey_2D00_cover.jpg
333 KB, 1296x774
>>
>>315323496
>I don't remember
Safe bet is 2 hours, I don't know why you expected more from the sequel with how long it'd be. Game was fun enough for what it was though.
>>
>>315323809
>AC 2
>LA Noire
well, we can't ever be friends then.

AC1 had an amazing concept and AC2 stayed true to it mostly (except for the cookie cutter muahaha evil bad guys), plus the atmosphere of the game was amazing.
LA Noire did something no other game had ever done before or since, so I respect it, even if it wasn't a 100% awesome game. it was still pretty cool though.

OT: watch dogs, or any ubishit game of recent years. fucking marketing machine is at full throttle, with all the lies, deceit and misconceptions they create about their product, which turns out to be a buggy shallow piece of garbage. well, far cry 3 was good.
>>
>>315316575
>no death
that's such a bullshit complaint.

You die and check point where close to where you fell. How many games aren't constantly autosaving and reloading 5 seconds before you died?
Why does this game get attacked for this? Because it didn't waste your time with a game over and loading screen and put you right back into the game?
By that logic you can't die in super meat boy either since you just pop back at the beginning of the level.

I think it deserves a lot negative things people say about it, but that one thing always bugs me.
>>
>>315319685
So you wanted something like the Shadow Warrior reboot?
>>
>>315325074
>LA Noire
It would be better as a Talltales, it basically was as you could skip ALL the action scenes. I liked the game up til the twist of the main guy cheated on his wife. I thought it was a lie and I was being framed, as it basically never mentioned the wife and kids at all for that to come up as a big plot point. Then the guy was just like "yep I did, we had all these marriage troubles" when none of those were shown, the cheating wasn't even shown. Made me hate the main guy and glad he died.
>>
Two Worlds

>Elder Scrolls killer they said
>>
The worst game I ever played wasn't because the game was bad but because it disappointed me more than anything else.

Ghost recon future soldier.

When I saw the first E3 trailer/gameplay I was so fucking hyped, they played a super slow stealthy game with what looked like multiple approaches with sick as fuck gadgets. Reminded me of the first ghost recon games I played in xbox like island thunder and the shit.

Game came out. Literally a third person cowadooty linear level scripted set piece action piece of shit where the only choices you had were kill a dude using either this weapon or this gadget x50.
Last time I ever pre ordered anything, or fuck even bought anything for full price on launch.

Still have the fucking dumb collector's edition with its shitty shirt that's hyper compressed and you need to put it in water to make it expand.
>>
>>315325169
>>315325169
>How many games aren't constantly autosaving and reloading 5 seconds before you died?
The other Prince of Persia games.
You are thinking about falling in a hole I'm sure, but it was the not dying in fights that upset me. I would literally set the controller down and go eat dinner without pausing it when in a fight. With no threat it is hard to get engaged.
>>
>>315325636
I'm in the opposite camp. I liked the main guy and hated the ending. It seemed so unnecessary and added nothing to his redemption arc that the rest of the game hadn't already done
>>
>>315318726
Played together with my ex girlfriend. At first we got bitchslapped often and did choose the first fights carefully.
Later on the game became more and more of a peace of cake even when we increased the difficulty.
>>
File: EvilTwinCypriensChronicles.jpg (142 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
EvilTwinCypriensChronicles.jpg
142 KB, 1280x1024
this ugly shit ass game
>>
>>315317986
at least you didnt have to deepthroat a giraffe
>>
>>315323809
But people hated that though.

You should add MGS4, Twilight Princess and the Uncharted and Gears of War serieses.
>>
I've never hated a game as much as I hated Sonic Unleashed. At least 06 was funny.
>>
>>315325975
I was talking about platforming.
You're right about bosses, but I guess I wrapped that into bosses and combat being bad in general.
>>
>>315325727
this desu two worlds was shit baka
>>
>>315318726
I didnt like it because it felt more like a gimmick where you had to constantly use/abuse barrels, arrows and shit to defeat enemies. Also I didnt really feel stronger because there was no weaker/stronger enemies. Just always stronger.
>>
>>315316367
Fuck you, I liked it
>>
Recently? Dead rising 2. My first entry in the DR series and it's a piece of shit. Just another button masher, which I can understand, but it feels boring.

Another that I disliked a lot was jet set radio. After all the hype, it turned out that the game was style over substance. You spend more time fighting the weird ass controls and camera than actually having fun. Good OST though.

But really, the worst game that I played was probably some retarded and unmemorable chinese RPG.
>>
>>315323809
I really hated RE5 when I first played it, I tried it again some months after (with significantly lowered expectations) and enjoyed it a lot, it was silly dumb fun.
>>
>>315316367
>>315316575
I liked it and the ending was perfect. Haven't played the dlc and I don't care to.
>>
>>315316367
fuck you m8 i liked that game desu
>>
>>315325636
i feel like they just didn't want to linger too much on the whole cheating thing. like waddya want, a full on sex scene?. the overarching story is about the corruption of the LAPD and how cole was supposed to be this knight in shining armor who would clean everything up, even though, just like anyone else, he has his own past, he made things in the war that haunt him both psychologically and later physically, and then yeah, he commits adultery. the game barely shows any of it because it isn't what defines cole. not as a person, and certainly not as a detective. the point is, he's still a good cop, but the forces of the LAPD conspire to bring him down as soon as they get some dirt on this cop, perfect in the eyes of the public, because obviously he wouldn't join in with them and would probably end up bringing them down too.

it's historical. ever heard of 1951's bloody christmas? it was a plot point in LA Confidential, you know, that movie that 90% of the game is based on.
>>
>>315316367
That game was fucking great, fuck you.
>>
>>315318726
If you role two mages from the start and grab Madora and Baerdotr right away, game becomes babby tier easy. git gud
>>
Most recently, Asura's Wrath
>unlikable edgelord MC
>awful voice acting
>the ENTIRE gameplay consists of QTEs and button mashing
>true ending is DLC only
I will say some of the bossfights were interesting, Yasha was kina fun and I liked the soundtrack a lot
>>
File: 1403346333007 (2).jpg (279 KB, 900x1197) Image search: [Google]
1403346333007 (2).jpg
279 KB, 900x1197
>>315325856
>The worst game I ever played wasn't because the game was bad but because it disappointed me more than anything else.

I agree heavily with this sentiment. If not judging by that criteria though the worst game i ever played would be Rocketeer for the SNES or something similar with shitty controls that just serves to frustrate.

The real worst game for me was Mass Effect 3, not because on a gameplay level it was subpar, thougth it was. It was really the death of an idea that games could have a great branching story across several installments and we could trust that at least some kind of satisfying conclusion and real changes and consequences would come about from are choices. Also that it would be written by the people who started it. Instead we got nothing and the idea is probably to costly for any other companies to really implement. It frustrates me to this day and more than the company that destroyed their own game I hate the fans who lapped up their excuses or drank dog shit because EA pretends to like diversity.
>>
So boring.
>>
>>315326846
>Dead rising 2.
I found those to only be enjoyable when co op. Even then you got to be ready to fail and start over at least two times.
>>
File: 1432738806403.jpg (75 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1432738806403.jpg
75 KB, 512x512
>>315327337
>edgelord MC
are you dumb?
>>
>>315316367
It's no PoP game, but it's a good game.

"No death" is still the dumbest fucking criticism though. Like, oh no, I don't have to sit through a load screen or save select. Fuck off.
>>
>>315316367
Brink, probably
>>
>>315316575
But it was a decent game with interesting ideas and pretty gwaffics and a comfy feel though
>>
>>315324575
I found RE5 to be better than RE6

but that's not saying much
>>
>>315319685
>one of the few modern games to still have working mirrors
>gamespot makes fun of it that you can see your character walk awkwardly if you strafe and jump
>>
>>315327337
>unlikable edgelord MC
Are you fucking serious
>>
>>315327493
This so much. Boring as shit. Only good thing was the graphics and the black guy. His story is better than the plot.
>>
>>315327698
>GRRRR I'm so angry, muh daughter!
That's his whole character. He was completely one dimensional when characters like Nier have depth to them
>>
>>315327052
>like waddya want,
I would have liked for it to show more of his life at home. Nothing much just a couple scenes of him getting home late and kids are already in bed he missed them, trying to talk to the wife but can't. Maybe not even cut scene's just a side thing where you can drive to your house and just talk to her. Then not a sec scene, but show him and the other girl get close, kiss once, him wake up the next morning regretting it. The way it was handled I didn't believe he cheated til it showed the wife and kids for the first time and they were leaving him. I thought it was part of him getting framed and I'd have to clear my name and get them back but nope, he moved on and didn't miss his kids at all.
>>
Mass Effect _

It's the only game that I've been so turned off by the tutorial that I CANNOT play any more. Third person cameras like that are terrible, carrying around weapons you don't know how to use is stupid, there's just no end to the amount of shit I hate about that game.
>>
>>315317180
Anon, none of these games you're posting are bad though, they're just not the 10/10s you were hoping for and had a few bad design decisions. The art, the gameplay, the story, etc, of both games were all still quite solid and good compared to other games.
Stop being mad m8, you're just like those people who say DaS2 is shit when what they mean is it's great, it's just not as good as DaS
>>
>>315328110
you're right, but that doesn't make him an edgelord MC
>>
File: 1446439392621.jpg (148 KB, 750x900) Image search: [Google]
1446439392621.jpg
148 KB, 750x900
Thief Gold. Literally archaic as fuck. Its like im playing a alpha version of Mario 64. Can I just skip this shit and move to the next?
>>
Half-Life 2 is up there, I played that game after hearing much fuss about it and didn't really see what was so great about it. But then I came back to it after playing Doom, Duke, Quake, Unreal, other shooters from before HL, and I realized that HL2 is everything I hate about modern shooters in one package. It is the model for the terrible modern shooters that are now so common you can trip over them if you're not careful. Everything from the Modern Warfares to DNF can trace its roots back to HL2, the landmark game which apparently turned everyone into slack-jawed idiots who couldn't see bad shooter gameplay if it took a shit in their gaping mouth.

Plus on top of all of that it brought about Steam, which has both saved and ruined the PC as a gaming platform.
>>
>>315328110
That's not what an edgelord is, you fucking memespouting retard.
>>
>>315316367
Dark Souls 2, Star Ocean 4 or the Last Remnant

God thanks I got all of these during sales and DS2 was free
>>
File: Beyond_Two_Souls_final_cover.jpg (20 KB, 297x334) Image search: [Google]
Beyond_Two_Souls_final_cover.jpg
20 KB, 297x334
I've played pretty much every game mentioned in this thread and none of them are even remotely as bad as this piece of fucking garbage.
>>
File: image.jpg (299 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
299 KB, 1920x1080
This piece of shit.
>>
Ethnic Cleansing
>classic DOOM controls after 2000
>enemies are complete bullet sponges
>shit graphics, muddy, awful textures
>labyrinthine maps with no direction

JFK Reloaded still commands the edgy meme game throne
>>
>>315328136
i see where you're coming from.

but you also have to see where the game is coming from. it's reinforcing the idea that his acts in the war and in his relationships don't define who he is. what defines who he is is IN WHAT YOU ACTUALLY SEE. the cases, the detective work, and the conversations with partners that show cole really is a straight arrow.

if you have a friend, he's your friend, he's cool to you and others, he's good at what he does or whatever, then he's a good guy. if you suddenly find out he fucked his sister or something, it doesn't change who he is in the world and to you.

or at least that's what i think the game was trying to convey.
>>
File: 1441234288116.png (1 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1441234288116.png
1 MB, 1280x960
>>315318726
Fuck this game.
Quality dropped way too hard after the first act.
Even coop couldn't save this pile of shit.
>>
>>315327493
This. It took me 2 years to finish this. My total playtime was only 60 hours and some of those hours was me passing out.
>>
Sonic Heroes was a really bad experience. It was a horrible middle ground between the "kinda bad, but has charm" Adventure games and the "such a total fucking mess it's fun as hell to watch fall apart" Sonic 06. It's dull, boring as shit, and doesn't ever do anything right. There's some gameplay flaws that make it a colossal chore to play (even ignoring the fact you have to go through the same thing four times with only one of those being any different, there's simpler things like the rail sections in most levels just being utter shit and the bottomless pits in the casino level) but it stays together just enough that you can't have fun abusing it and things like the cutscenes or VA aren't so poorly done as to have some kind of charm due to their multitudes of faults.

It's just good enough, just playable enough, that it's the worst game I've ever played.
>>
>>315319685

To be fair, I bet them buying Duke was just a fuck you from Pitchford to Broussard. After DNF they likely never intended to do anything with him considering they shut down DN3DHD AND made Bombshell use Dyke Nukem instead of Duke.

It's not like Gearbox has done anything good since OpFor, anyway.
>>
>>315329196
Related, Gone Home is a huge steaming pile. It is in fact the most boring game I have ever played, and I have played a shit-ton of games.
>>
>>315327493
I've never touched this due to a combination of poor general opinion and that it got ok/good review scores. I think it's metacritic score is 85 which being a FF game you can bring that down to 75 or 65.
>>
>>315321284

Did you try ReDigitize?
>>
>>315329754
I see what you mean, and now have more of a respect for it. Still wish it was fleshed out more, it can show him as a straight arrow while still at home. As the home life and war wasn't what define him, neither is his job. The character of who he is could be shown in all parts of his life not just work.

Or maybe the job is who he is, some people are like that. I'll have to replay it again, still won't like it, but at least see how it is when knowing about the twist and how things turn out.
>>
>>315327493
I'm with this guy. FF13 is my most hated game. Mostly because i finished the damn thing. The graphics and artstyle kept me there plus some of the broad concepts. As for anything else, the story is the biggest, most incoherent trainwreck I've ever had the misfortune of witnessing and the combat leaves very little room for creativity. It's also really arbitrary at times with things like positioning actually affecting the combat without any option to influence where everyone ends up after every turn. There's almost nothing to explore and no puzzles to solve. The only thing that you can explore very late in the game is grassland and grassland in a canyon. And then there's the upgrade system. The system is entirely impenetrable from the start on and you have no idea what anything you do will accomplish. Also it never tells you why you should upgrade one weapon over another.
Maybe i would've forgiven some of it if the ending hadn't been the most steaming pile of horseshit I've ever fucking witnessed.
>>
Dynasty Warrior (and any Dynasty Warrior like)
>>
>>315328262
fucking this a million times
clever spoiler use senpai
i have a friend that shills this series to death, but everything about the game was just so unappealing. the presentation was all off. 90% of the game is just walking around an empty space looking for the way where you're supposed to go. i get that they created an entire canon out of nothing and they have the cool save transfer thing, and i respect that a lot, but it really isn't my thing.

it's like if deus ex HR didn't have stealth and the maps were all garbage and you never knew where to go and what to do, and instead of augs we get aliens n shit. instead of cool philosophical questions and outstanding presentation and visuals we just got "lel reapers and extint civilizations" or something. idk much, i only finished the 1st game (under protest) and played a bit of the 2nd before getting stuck in the map geometry and realizing my previous save was hours earlier.
>>
>>315316367
At least it was pretty and well animated
>>
>>315316367
Worst game I've actually played in recent memory was probably Sniper Elite III.

Shooting was trash, AI was trash, hitboxes were trash, mechanics were trash, story was trash, everything was absolutely horrible and unfun.
>>
File: 20080317053035275.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
20080317053035275.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
fuck you prince of persia was good
>>
>>315317719
the thing with the aeshetics is that the game suffers from what I call "Flat-Set Syndrome": the game has no depth to any of it's enviroments, it's always the same flat, empty areas with little to no interactions aside from ooooooo shit to look at!
Remember in Bioshock one where you could beat people to death with Telekinesis-powered frying pans grabbed off a table and explosions rocked countertops sending it's objects flying?
i do.
>>
>>315330767
what the fuck. first /v/ censors c-uck to kek and now f-am to senpai. WHYYY GOOOOOOK
>>
>>315317569
>It's not a contest anon.
Not anymore, he won
>>
>>315330453
Yeah

Still not as good as the original but I'm glad they at least tried to return to that style of gameplay
>>
>>315331012
That's a good thing anon, niggerspeak and kekposting were blights on the website.

I for one accept our desu overlords.
>>
>>315331012

they're shitposting terms and I'm glad they got filtered.

Also why are you acting like these two wordfilters were put in at a different time? They both rolled out on the 31st.
>>
>Prince of Persia 2008

I literally bought this retail on PC. I went out and bought a physical copy.

I uninstalled it 30 minutes after starting.

Quite possibly the most obnoxious and annoying player voice acting I've ever experienced in a game.

"FAAARAAAH"

"Where's my donkey lol"

Just fucking terrible. I know that voice actors done other shit too and everytime I hear him it's just a cheesegrater on my eardrums. Such a smug smarmy asshole sounding voice.
>>
>>315318632
Did you even try the tutorial?
Is this bait?
How does anyone not play the first 3 missions of the game and go "Oh shit somethings going down"
>>
>>315331423
i'm only discovering them now. it's like, what will be left of /v/ if not buzzwords and memes?
>>
>>315331515

actual good posts?
>>
>>315316367
Sonic
>Shit
>moar fucking shit
>shitty
>>
>>315331508
it was so long ago i barely remember now
i think i started chapter 2 and then quit
>>
>>315329196
>Agreed.jpg
>>
File: 1322612927992.gif (911 KB, 171x141) Image search: [Google]
1322612927992.gif
911 KB, 171x141
>>315322254
This so much.
I enjoyed the first game. Flawed, but it had potential.

Second game comes out, and I decide to rent it instead of buy it like the first.
>Story took me 4-5 hours to complete, including cutscenes.
>Notable characters from the first game show up for a few minutes at most.
>No character development between Starkillers buddies, and hardly any interaction between them.
>Story is horrid.
>Terrible plot, worse ending.
>Cliffhanger sequel-bait is absurdly moronic

Only thing I can say is that they made it look prettier and the combat was slightly more fluid. I was really hoping for more. Still enjoy the first game to an extent
>>
>>315331590
come on, this is 4chan. /v/ no less. you know that will never happen. i mostly come here for the memes and info on unreleased games, which is how memes get started in the first place.
the latest ones being
>kojima ruise cruise
>todd posting
>>
>>315325856
I thought the multiplayer was pretty good
>>
>>315330939
I've already said multiple times why PoP was shit. Sands of Time is goat, but PoP was pure shit. Deal with it Senpai.
>>
>>315331662
well I don't know what to tell you other than you either didn't actually try to like the game, or have some kind of ADD. Literally from the getgo the game's plot starts right away. There's pretty much no filler. And of course you have generic units, it's a tactics game. You usually end up with a party full of non-generics though
>>
File: worstgame.jpg (18 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
worstgame.jpg
18 KB, 460x215
>>315316367
I would rather listen to an actual depressed person bitch about their life for two hours than play this shit again.
>>
>>315316575
>no death

So what, you actually can't lose? How is it a video game?
>>
File: indigo prophecy.jpg (36 KB, 300x381) Image search: [Google]
indigo prophecy.jpg
36 KB, 300x381
Without question.
>>
>>315332817
When you die you go back up to full health right away and the bad guy heals a little to.
>>
Pikmin 3 disappointed me the most. I was expecting something like Pikmin 1: HD reboot, now with doubleâ„¢ content!

Instead I got a casualized, 6-hour dream-crushing experience. Oh, and some of the multiplayer maps are overpriced DLC. Not to mention it controlled like shit. Lock-on is god-awful and anyone that likes it needs to be euthanized. What happened to camera control. Why even include the fruits as a 'time limit' at all when they're so fucking plentiful that the time limit might as well not exist. Pink pikmin are rather pointless and are an excuse for lazier level design. rock pikmin felt gimmicky, what with the crystal structures everywhere. I did like that they were immune to crushing damage, though. And the camera mode with the wiiu gamepad was nice, but that's a distraction more than anything.
>>
>>315319102
>even touching Uncharted multiplayer

le golden face shitpost meme
>>
asscreed 3
>long as fuck tutorial
>boring world
>boring story
>boring and stupid MC
>tedious gameplay
>awful time period
>shit ending
>>
>>315333171
Uncharted 2's multiplayer was kinda fun though. I mean it wasn't the greatest thing in the world but it was definitely better than the average console multiplayer experience I've had. I'm not that guy though, maybe he loved it.
>>
>>315332817
If you fall to your death everything slows down and the female protag grabs you and teleports you back to the ledge where you started from. No death.
>>
what's with all this "senpai" shit is that some censor word for kek
>>
>>315316367
Bravely default for the retarded recycled content and pathetic voice acting and the fighting system that literally was nothing new
>>
>>315332837

I'd say this one is pretty up there for me too.
>>
File: Bait Kai.png (74 KB, 622x626) Image search: [Google]
Bait Kai.png
74 KB, 622x626
>>315326939
>The ending was perfect
>>
>>315333186
hated that game
>>
>>315333506
I think its kek
>>
>>315333506
F.am = sempai
t.bh = desu
s.mh = baka
c.uck = kek

Keep the fuck up old man
>>
>>315316367

This game isn't the best, but if this is the worst game you ever played you are casual as fuck
>>
>>315334384
There has been plenty of shit games but I can't think of another shit that is as modern and made by a big developer like Ubi as shit as PoP 08
>>
File: Dark_Void.jpg (33 KB, 256x320) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Void.jpg
33 KB, 256x320
I hate this game out of sheer disappointment. The trailers got me hyped for this game, and when I finally got my hands on it I felt like crying.

>Confusing and boring story, no interesting characters, shit acting (Even Nolan North didn't give this game much effort), and terrible cutscene animations
>Beginning is too slow and boring as all fuck with generic cover-based shooting and bland enemies
>The game does pick up when you get the jetpack, but lack of variety in the enemies and missions can make even a cool as fuck jetpack become boring
>The environments are huge, but barren with minimal detail. Instead of encouraging exploration in these large expanses, the game just puts an objective somewhere in there, and says "go here".

This game is wasted potential. They could've done so much more with it, but they fucked us over with this garbage
>>
>>315333023
Nintendo games sine the beginning of the Wii are casualized assfuck. I fucking hate what Nintendo is doing to their IP's. Maybe worst than Konami
>>
>>315334517
I like this game but I knew nothing about it before playing it except jetpacks
>>
>>315334517
I thought maybe this game would've been batter if it was set in an open (but detailed) world. I would love to see Capcom come back to this game and actually make it good, because it has serious potential
>>
>>315334384
Are you kidding? I specifically stated that it's the worst game for what I expected, and what I got in return. It is a steaming pile and is the game that has made me the most angry.
>>
It goes without saying, but Devil May Cry 2 is the only game I couldn't finish because of how bad it is. My brother is addicted to achievements and wants all 99 from the HD collection so he played the whole game and did everything in it, so I know all I missed out on is more garbage.
>>
File: Dust.jpg (49 KB, 219x300) Image search: [Google]
Dust.jpg
49 KB, 219x300
>>315316367
This piece of shit. I was hyped as fuck to see it coming to Steam since I love Metroidvanias.

>Modular as fuck, none of the areas feel connected
>Worst voice acting I've ever heard
>Worst character designs I've ever seen
>Easy to the point where the hardest difficulty presents no real challenge, just inflated numbers
>Stupidly shallow combat system
>Retarded plot
>"B-BUT IT WAS ONLY MADE BY ONE GUY." Cave Story was made by one guy and it turned out fucking great. Dust doesn't get an excuse

I'm still mad I wasted $7.50 on this piece of shit.
>>
>>315330492

I had the same feeling when I watched Serpico. I havent' seen many old detective films but it I reccon it could've been common not deepening aspects of the protagonists outside his main purpouses (i.e: personal life).
I, too, thought that him cheating on his wife was a lie to hurt him and felt confused when it was confirmed that he had indeed committed adultery. The whole thing just went on like it hadn't happened and it pissed me off a little bit.
>>
>>315316367
Vampire Rain.

>gun is practically worthless
>stealth shooting one results in it being pissed and charging at mach 3
>get 2shotted

The game was just fundamentally broken.
>>
File: Crisis_Core.png (80 KB, 300x515) Image search: [Google]
Crisis_Core.png
80 KB, 300x515
>>315327493
I would have said that had I not subjected myself to this unmitigated pile of rancid dogshit right here. Not only did the game itself completely fail at everything it tried to do it was basically a giant insult to a classic game just like the rest of the compilation but this is arguably the worst of it due to retroactively ruining my enjoyment of the original FF7.
>>
Vanilla WoW was the worst game I've ever played.

Its because I was a paladin and didn't want to heal.
>>
>>315337642
What's a paladin?
>>
>>315337101

Aerith and Zack together is canon and there's nothing you can do about it
>>
File: Brandish_Coverart.png (93 KB, 252x176) Image search: [Google]
Brandish_Coverart.png
93 KB, 252x176
>>315316367
Turning the camera was disorienting, it looked barely passable as a snes game, and to top it all off I was killed by the first enemy in the game because after pressing every button on the controller, and trying every button combination, I could not figure out how to swing the damn sword.
>>
>>315338920
Fack off m8.
>>
>>315317180
agreed.
gunplay was boring, hyped up rails were nothing special, bosses were just annoying bullet sponges. The story was good in the context of the ending but that doesn't excuse the fact that I didn't enjoy it while it was being told to me.
>>315317719
Not to mention that the asthetic got muddier and more boring throughout the game.
>>
>>315324803
holy christ, this.
>>
>>315338920
Well no shit, she already mentioned that in the original game.
>>
>>315316575
You know what game did no-death great? Too human. The valkyrie cutscene was so long that you still have an incentive not to get killed.
>>
>>315343127
Damn I haven't played that game in forever. I remember it being so piss easy I never died though.
Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.