[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Behold, the only MMO today that's not WoW or Eve that still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 94
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1024
Behold, the only MMO today that's not WoW or Eve that still has a subscription fee and still getting new content and more subscribers.

How does /v/ feel about this?
>>
Indifferent
MMOs suck these days but I guess FFXIV is the only decent one out there.
>>
File: STARE.png (269 KB, 539x504) Image search: [Google]
STARE.png
269 KB, 539x504
Eh, it's not that good but there's not much better.

Healing is fun, like whack a mole except you're hitting people for being idiots.

I really wish the miqo'te are shit joke hadn't taken off, but so many people play them it can't be helped. Oh, and fuck all the furries for whining about nothing but demihuman races.
>>
Literally 1 raid and 2 dungeons to do at endgame.
>>
>FFXIV
>Content
HAHAHA
>>
The game offers nothing really

The raiding is poor compared to WoW, no pvp (even if WoW's is shit right now) and nothing to do BUT raid unless you want to level alts.
>>
>>315302994
What happened to the 30+ other dungeons? Are they suddenly irrelevant?

There's always minimum level sync and glamour runs
>>
>>315302994
It's more accurate to say 4 bosses and 2 dungeons, since the raid more accurately described as 4 bosses each sitting in the own instanced circle
>>
File: 1444464623071.jpg (69 KB, 920x380) Image search: [Google]
1444464623071.jpg
69 KB, 920x380
>>315302630
>Behold the only MMO today that's not WoW
>posts FFXIV
>>
File: brittygood.jpg (383 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
brittygood.jpg
383 KB, 1600x900
Haven't stopped enjoying it
>>
>>315303137
>What happened to the 2 years old content?
If you can't figure it out you're just dumb.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 320x158) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 320x158
>>315302630
Best crafting system in any MMO ever

Too bad red scrips killed it
>>
>>315302630
shilling at its finest desu senpai
>>
>>315303137
>Are they suddenly irrelevant?
yes
>>
>>315303137
Yeah, I run ct for glamours.

And by run I mean wait for and by glamours I mean HOURS.

Which is a shame because all of CT is damn fun. Amon is by far the most fabulous bastard in all of xiv.
>>
Was able to luck my way to purchasing a house. Where do I get furnishing?
>>
>>315303358
Craft
MB
>>
>>315302630
>>315303287
WoW already copied FFXIV's relic system and PVP talents, they should copy their class/job system too.
>>
>>315302883
Cat-dude + Ninja = pure shit
been that way in most trials, for me at least
>>
MMO's are already boring but somehow ff14 is the wirst of them all
>>
Should I buy Warlords of Draenor or Heavensward? Which one is better?
>>
>>315303874
This is really the only game I've played since July. Haven't even gotten MGSV. Come home from work and play this. Dunno if that's good or bad.
>>
undersize killed all old content to be honest.
>>
>>315302630
I'm never going to pay a subscription ever again after WoW tokens. So my feelings about a subscription based FF mmorpg? Do not want.
>>
I've waited this long for Black Desert and I can continue to wait until its release. Alpha looked fucking amazing. It will be BtP like GW2.

But keep having fun, you guys have some good stories. I don't make enough for the monthly subscription to be worth not having something like prime or netflix
>>
>>315303930
Well one is WoW, so...

There's really no best, or good, but I'd not pick WoW. Not because xiv is good, but at least it isn't WoW.
>>
>>315302630
>FIVE
>DECADE
>GCD
>>
>>315302630

it shows that with enough care and effort, the subscription model still works, the f2p model is and will always be p2w to keep money funneling into the hands of greedy kikes
>>
>>315302630
Worst MMO...

Well, mmo's are shit anyway. Especally these days. Not like they have been much better. Never liked the thing of having almost literally mmo life and real life and some people treating the mmo stuff like real jobs when they live in a dump lol
>>
>>315303137
Yes because modern MMO's make their end-game linear, and FF14's combat/stats does not allow for variation.
FF11 you had side-grades; you could get different items for different builds and make different combinations work.

In FF14 you get upgrades at the highest dungeon and then you have to wait...

Progression is fucking boring this way.
>>
Are there any other MMOs that are good to play with a controller? I really like how in FFXIV that I can chill on my couch and play with a controller, or sit down at a desk and play with a keyboard+mouse. They both work very well.
>>
>>315302630

I like it but some shit takes way too much time for someone with a job and studying.

I currently have PLD and BSM at 50, and some others around 30 (WHM,WAR,CNJ) but leveling crafting classes is either too easy if you have a shitload of money or incredibly dull if you're piss poor, and with piss poor I mean having less than at least 2 million gil.

Also, which crafting classes are worth it other than BSM and Armorer? I mean, for a Tank at least.
>>
>>315302630
Indifferent.
It's just so boring and bland.

The items are the most boring items in the history of any MMO ever.
Story is ultra boring and game is limited because consoles.
>>
>>315304426
>muh XI

It was just as shit as XIV is. I couldn't stop playing XI and now I can't stop playing XIV, help.
>>
>>315304554
I play TERA with a controller but it's not good for navigating any of the menus, just mainly for combat.
>>
Games so damn boring.

I'm dreading the new patch because I'll actually have to start logging in again.

Hopefully I can convince more people to quit soon.
>>
>>315304564
Why not level your gathering classes. Literally save so much Gil, time consuming sure but become self reliable.
>>
>>315302630
3.1 will save this game
>>
>>315304660
Forget FFXI then, go back to Asherons Call, Everquest, Ultima..literally any old-school MMO.

There were a bunch of end-game dungeons and each had different items for people to mess around with.
This game is so shit.
>>
>>315302630

Behold, the expansion that killed end game and caused many of my friends including myself to stop playing until 3.1.
>>
>>315303042
>Hurrdurr I'm the typical MMOjumper who skips content and only raids because muh digital items

HAHAHAHAHA shutup fucking casual. Go play your generic shit.
>>
>>315304880

>ultima
>end game dungeons
>>
>>315303105
Raid is challenging. WoW raid is easy and boring woth add-ons.

There's PVP. Being bad at it doesn't make it unexistant.

Have you tried to play something else that suits your playstyle? I don't know, maybe something more casual and not challenging at all? yeah, go for it.
>>
>>315304917
>mocking someone for expecting there to be something to do in an mmo
I don't need a video game to act as a chat room, anon. I'm more than capable of speaking to people without FFXIV's aid
>>
>>315304880

Itemization plays a huge part in why this game sucks.

Where's the rush in spending weeks getting a new weapon or new armor piece to raise your primary stats 0.5%?

All old school mmos had unique "must have" items that you wanted to farm for because they made such a huge difference.

That's too hard to balance around so now everything is the same.
>>
>>315303287
>derpity derp, red scripts killed craft because now I have to choose my initial craft

Don't even reply me.
>>
>>315304338

Yeah, better go back to your shooters, casual.
>>
>>315303930
They both have free trials, make your own judgement call
>>
Tbh senpai FFXIV is the only themepark MMO worth playing right now baka
>>
File: Bard_FFXI_Ikeda_Art.jpg (313 KB, 759x1155) Image search: [Google]
Bard_FFXI_Ikeda_Art.jpg
313 KB, 759x1155
>>315304426
>FF11 you had side-grades; you could get different items for different builds and make different combinations work.

Not really, nigga. I mean, you could, but people would shit talk you for not going with the traditional build or using the "right" sub. I stopped playing PLD because no one wanted a PLD without NIN sub, but I fucking hated playing NIN and I could hold hate fine with WAR sub.

The only class I played that was really really open to experimentation was BRD. BRD was my favorite class by far and I subbed just about everything on it. Still, based on your class you build toward your strengths. The only reason BRD was so malleable is because the dominant stat was CHR, which even years later I've barely been able to find any reputable information to determine what in the fuck CHR even does since so many of the buffs are essentially un-quantifiable.

>>315304660
I want to play XI again but the servers are empty and I have no one to play with anymore. I just wish it would go FtP with microtransactions for exp buffs or something.
>>
FFXIV is bot and buy gil or go home.

They do absolutely nothing to stop botting and RMT. The moment you log in you are spammed to hell by chinks. I'd bet money that gold farmers make up around 40% of the game's player base.

If you play during the AM hours you can find people running bots on their main accounts in a blatantly obvious manner all over the place.

Also the community is absolute cancer. Elitist Turbo-weebs galore.

The game is horse shit.
>>
>>315304564

GSM is good for every job. Everyone use accessories
>>
>>315302630

its shit.

sorry anon :/
>>
File: laughing octopus.jpg (113 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
laughing octopus.jpg
113 KB, 1152x864
>FFXIV's is so boring that its players spend more time alt tabbed out shitposting on /v/ while waiting for their GCD than actually playing
>>
>>315305113
I know it may be hard for you to understand, but I was mocking him because he's an ignorant fuck (just like you).

Theres a lot of content. Been playing since 1.0 and playing everyday and I'm still completing stuff from 2.0.

It's his/your fault to skip content, and it's your/his fault to not understand what a MMORPG is.

>derp derp, what should I do after raid!? omg this game sucks, gimme moar itamz plz, I need some guide to do shit
>How do I MMORPG?
>What is this thing called "quests"?
>What is this thing called "PVP"? Please make it easier, it's too hard!
>Triple Triad? Rules are too hard to understand!
>Chocobo Racing? it's too hard!

I bet you don't even have a house because you're a stupid casual.

As I told the rest; go play your shooters, casual crap.
>>
File: bard1.jpg (9 KB, 191x264) Image search: [Google]
bard1.jpg
9 KB, 191x264
>>315305525
They probably do try to stop it, they're just not very efficient. XI had the same problem for years. It made the economy incredibly unstable and fucked.

There were several times where I basically had to buy gold because as a support there was no way for me to make the money I needed just to get by because any crafting I did was being done a thousand times over by chinks and every mob was camped to hell and back. Even getting shit like Lizzie was impossible for regular people.

SE banned thousands of accounts and the problem persisted. They just made new accounts.
>>
>>315305525
Yeah because there's so much use for gil in this game outside of housing
>>
File: you mad.jpg (52 KB, 282x210) Image search: [Google]
you mad.jpg
52 KB, 282x210
parsers implemented when?
>>
>>315305757
Is the GCD an issue for you? Is it too hard for you to make a good rotation?

Aaaaaw, look at him, it's his first true MMORPG! It's ok if you don't know when to land skills between GCD! Just don't play this game and go play something easier :)
>>
>>315305809
>this post
>>
>>315305809
>Literally telling people to go quest
is this bait
>>
File: 3453453452.jpg (69 KB, 600x716) Image search: [Google]
3453453452.jpg
69 KB, 600x716
>>315305809
Is this satire?

If not, you need to calm down and stop posting, homie.
>>
>>315305520
pld was shit outside of tanking anyway.
There were much more fun classes like RDM, RNG, SAM, NIN; who could all mix and match shit. Grinding for merits was one of these places you could do shit like SAM/RNG, or RDM/RNG.
You should go in to a private server and pick up a Kraken club on a RDM/RNG.
That shit was fucking fun. I would en-spell; buff up and fucking spam sidewinder every time it was up.
>>
>>315303758
Littershit male+any class not DRG= pure shit
Prove me wrong
>>
blade and soul is the best mmo atm
>>
>>315306293
Fuck, that RDM/RNG with Kraken combo sounds disgusting.

I've never tried to get into private servers. I know /v/ had one set up a while ago but it lasted like 2 weeks before everyone got bored.

I have 4-5 friends interested in playing it but turned off by the fact that there's still a monthly fee. Might try to actually look into them then.
>>
>>315305290
>implying MMO's are not for casuals
I wish you only knew how many people play as bad as casuals. Hard for me to say they play enough to be hardcore or anything.

>implying I even play shooters
I do play them a little bit. They're less time wasting than MMO's which is quite comfy.

> not mentioning the most competitive genre
Get out, filth.
>>
>>315306657
it's fucking fun man.
you get all the defensive buffs from RDM, Phalanx, Stoneskin; then you get the enbuff, haste.

Sidewinder barrage without the fear of dying.
TOO much fun.
>>
>>315302630
>THE ONLY ONE that's not this, or that, or that and this

lol
>>
File: Puck_and_Isidro.jpg (41 KB, 358x400) Image search: [Google]
Puck_and_Isidro.jpg
41 KB, 358x400
>>315303758
Human Ninja reporting in. I 100% agree. Catfags are cancer, and Lalafell are too unless they are being little Isidro punkasses.
>>
VIERA WHEN
>>
>>315308130
next expansion, which should be in about a year due to Yoshi's comment about wanting to have yearly expansions. Unless the entire dev team takes yet another group vacation together, then add a few months on it.
>>
>>315308368

After what the Au'ra turned out to be I wouldn't be surprised if they actually DID add Veira. have you seen some of the "demon race" concept art? Why couldnt we get that?
>>
>>315307220
Blizz have now stopped reporting subscriber numbers, and both WoW and Eve allow you to buy gametime with IG currency, I think he was just trying to compare it to the likes of TOR/Wildstar, shit that launched as P2P but ended up becoming F2P.
>>
File: 1651615165165.jpg (124 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1651615165165.jpg
124 KB, 640x480
>>315304917
Not him, but can you blame anyone with this mindset? MMO's have content so goddamn fucking backwards it hurts. The majority of your time is spent playing what is essentially a single player MMO in an open world that requires insane dev resources to make/keep running, and when it does become time to actually play with other people, you are instanced into a zone no different than running a level in Diablo with a group. There is zero reason for MMO maps to be as big as they are, because it is all basically made as a single player experience in a genre that markets itself as a multiplayer focused game. So god forbid people want to skip what should essentially be the "solo tutorial" portion of their $60+$15/m game and get into playing with the rest of the world just for there to BE nothing to play once you get there.

I'm not claiming I have any solid answers as opposed to simply ideas on how to rectify this, but making the "leveling" experience (solo questing, ect) instanced sequences to teach you how to play your role in a group setting of NPCs and cutting the leveling time to hitting max level by a huge amount in exchange for more open world group content and end game dungeons would do wonders to improving the genre as a whole.
>>
>>315303758
>catboi
>semendemons, male and female
>french
>german
Always shit
>male potato
Always angry
>female potato
Angry as fuck but won't say it
>male roe
Actually gay
>femroe
ERPing horsecock futa
>giraffes and catgirls
Random shit/decent
>>
File: Viera XIV concept art.jpg (126 KB, 1530x848) Image search: [Google]
Viera XIV concept art.jpg
126 KB, 1530x848
>>315308576
they already did concept art and shown it off earlier this year during one of the FATE in Tokyo deals, which means they're already looking to just do their routine of ripping models from past FFs and calling it a day, while fans pay for more fantasias. From the concepts, it just looks like repurposed Miquote, which is just the standard for XIV at this point with races.

Also doesn't help that with Aura, they couldn't keep their own ideas straight with it, since it went from "Dragon Half" to "Oh wait, we got an expansion set in a kill dragons on sight location, so now they're part demon!"
>>
>>315309323

If this ends up being a thing, I hope they keep the female models relatively tall. I liked the elezen female models height, but their necks kill me :/
>>
File: file.png (60 KB, 435x275) Image search: [Google]
file.png
60 KB, 435x275
>>315305757

you're actually not too far off
>>
why are races in asian mmos so shit
>>
The game got stale quick after HW since they not only didn't introduce anything new and longlasting but they also removed a part of the content of the formula they used for the past 2 years.

How i feel about it? Disappointed because i never thought i'd get bored of a WoW clone with a FF skin to it, but i did, after playing since Beta 3, i quit 2 months ago.
>>
File: 1437182475686.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1437182475686.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>mfw returning after Heavensward

God damn, I love this game. I think I'm gonna love playing only around patches.
>>
>>315305967
considering they have been talking about mod support in liveletters since 1.0 in 2011, probably never because their game is coded like shit.
>>
File: nin.webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
nin.webm
2 MB, 800x450
>He doesn't main NIN
>>
>>315305525
>Also the community is absolute cancer. Elitist Turbo-weebs galore.
Only on the North American database
But they are spilling over into the JP ones.
>>
>>315302630
The only sad thing about this is that WildStar is better than WoW and FF but they fucked it up so bad that they had to go f2p.

>How can you fuck up daily quests so bad
>How can you make reputation grinding even worse than classic wow
>How can you not fix gamebreaking bugs for over a month

Luckily EVE is getting better with every addon
>>
>>315309995
kek
>>
>>315309867

jesus man what are you queue'd for?
>>
WHO ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT, WAITING FOR 3.1 PATCH NOTES AND HOPING THAT YOSHI UNFUCKED BRD HERE?
>>
>>315310314

Ifrit Ex

nobody farms synced runs and I've been trying to get the crafting mat for weeks since nobody sells them

this game is dead
>>
File: 1446192491283.jpg (198 KB, 697x1068) Image search: [Google]
1446192491283.jpg
198 KB, 697x1068
>>315310503
FUCKING CAT LAOLA
>>
File: 2.5s gcd drg.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
2.5s gcd drg.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>315310153
>this "rotation"
jesus fucking christ
at least record yourself having a decent idea what you're doing
lalafells
>>
File: wildstar001.jpg (298 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wildstar001.jpg
298 KB, 1920x1080
man wildstar is so fucking fun

I mean just look at how much fun I am having
>>
>>315310503
I'm still waiting for the nerf hammer to come down on SCH.
Please be gentle.
>>
>>315310121
Heard of a parser on dummies
>>
>>315310503
I'm on the edge of my seat to actually have a reason to log in, but at this point i don't know if i'm even going to bother.
>>
>>315310503
Me.
I'd really like something for MNK right about now, but it doesn't look like it'll get the tiniest bit of synergy with anything useful, since PLD will never be used over DRK again simply because of how boring it is.
My static is trying to get me to main NIN but it's so fucking boring and I don't wanna, and it doesn't help that I have full fucking Gordian on it, when nothing drops on MNK.
>>
>>315310615
Are those fun meters at the top left
>>
File: why.jpg (63 KB, 385x329) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
63 KB, 385x329
>Game doesnt even have working PvP

Lol.

This is just a coop game with shit gameplay, hence why I quit.

FF Shills need to just off themselves already.
>>
>>315310621

>SCH nerf

what could possible go wrong
>>
>>315310878
RANKED WOLVES DEN SOON NIGGA
>>
>>315310754
Don't change, brother.
Monk is the true endgame.
>>
>>315310942
being promised since 2.1, that was a year and a half ago.
>>
It's as good as we'll ever get at this point.

Community based sandboxes are even deader than forums and chat rooms.
>>
>>315310942

>no open world pvp
>no guild vs guild pvp
>no nothing

Thats why lots of people jump this ship onto other shitty ships like GW2, because they at least have some PvP content that every MMO should have.
>>
>get red scrip mining pickaxe
>no boost to collectables
>>
>>315310971
I just don't understand why NIN fits in the meta, max DPS group when it's the most fucking dull, and MNK is for babbymode groups bringing PLDs and waiting for months upon months of Eso.
>>
File: sbxiv-ep37-banner.jpg (54 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
sbxiv-ep37-banner.jpg
54 KB, 620x320
>Make a WoW clone
>Sprinky it with shoehorned references the majority of WoW players wont get
>Pretend it's Final Fantasy

Genius, or talentless hack?
>>
>>315311120
>open world
>good

SHITTER DETECTED

Are you still upset no one levels in STV anymore?
>>
>>315311198
hack, since he's gonna run out of fanservice to sell to people eventually, and won't have easy sub money as a result.
>>
>>315310621
How would you feel if they added an initial hit to your dots?
>>
>>315311334

>mmos
>shitter

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
>>
File: genius.jpg (32 KB, 271x436) Image search: [Google]
genius.jpg
32 KB, 271x436
>>315311198
He's a genius.

Heavensward is the best Final Fantasy game made in years
>>
>>315311198
Considering he's selling the attires of the scions in the cash shop now, i dont think this'll last very long.
>>
Convince me not to drop 2.4 million on some items for glamour.
>>
>>315311432
I know, everyone who plays is a shitter. But some are shitterer than the other shitters.
>>
>>315311335
Most players in XIV have not touched another FF game so the nostalgia is lost on them.
>>
>>315302630
FFXIV is not a good game but a fucking TTTTTEEERRRIIIBBBLLEEE MMORPG with the emphasis on the word "RPG".

The main questline is forced and you go through the areas very linearly. Everyone ends up using the same items for each phase of the game, there's no proper random upgrading or loots. It's just static as fuck.
Sure it takes skill, strategy and planning to beat some of the harder raids, but the entire reason I play MMORPGs is the FREEDOM of exploring, doing quests when you feel like it, yoloing to high level areas just to see what it's like, trying out different builds and so on. FFXIV offers none of this, it's a linear & static singleplayer Final Fantasy game with some multiplayer in it. Fuck I even feel bad calling it "MMORPG". It's sooo damn static.
>>
>>315311436
Heavensward is a complete bore compared to vanilla apart for the story though, what are you talking about
>>
>>315311463
Might need money for relics soon, will definitely need money for tier V materia soon.
>>
>>315311463
go ahead since that is a day's worth of gil.
>>
>>315311463
What items.
>>
>>315311635
Are we talking vanilla vanilla or ARR vanilla.

Because the only thing vanilla vanilla did better was spawn quality shitposting threads on /v/.
>>
File: yoshida.jpg (721 KB, 1279x1691) Image search: [Google]
yoshida.jpg
721 KB, 1279x1691
>>315311635
>>
>>315311120
>open world pvp
Classes are too unbalanced for 1v1. It'd be cool to have an option to challenge a light/full party leader to a battle with a party of the same amount anywhere, but that wouldn't work out. Maybe if they had designated sparring ground.
>guild vs guild
Wolves Den is so barren, you could probably enter 2 light parties at the same time and get matched up instantly.
XIV is a teamwork MMO, the furthest any class strays from the trinity is SCH.
>>
>>315310615
Is fun to level up. Then you get to max level and cant do anything, cuz the fucking game is too punishing for people in dungeons. One dps fucks up, and the whole thing goes to shit.
>>
File: catfat.png (271 KB, 450x406) Image search: [Google]
catfat.png
271 KB, 450x406
>>
>>315303224
But only one is a circle, the others are rectangles. So innovative.
>>
>>315311787
ARR vanilla.
>>
>>315310567
>expecting anything more from a lalafell
>>
File: FFXIV_1292661281.jpg (925 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FFXIV_1292661281.jpg
925 KB, 1920x1080
>>315311787
Vanilla vanilla did some fun, uninstanced content, and I'm hoping airship exploration is even the slightest bit like it
>>
When will everyone just play WAR? SCH is an alright choice too as is SMN if you absolutely must play dps

All other classes are pretty much garbage though.
>>
File: 1445731928111.jpg (133 KB, 565x800) Image search: [Google]
1445731928111.jpg
133 KB, 565x800
>>315303352
They really need to do something about CT. It's impossible to get a damn Q. Maybe if they make a weekly as soon as 3.1 hits that requires you to do Void Ark and two other 24 mans or something.
>>
>>315311463
Do it, fag

I did it not too long ago and pretty much made it all back after a while

There's very little reason to stockpile gil (outside of hardcore endgame raiding in a static that can't/won't feed or meld shit for its members).

Save up/buy what you want. Minions, glamour, whatever. Just leave enough to teleport around until you can make more.
>>
File: 13.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
13.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>315311928
ARR did uninstanced content too with fates and hunts
>>
>>315310525

Server?
>>
File: 1398687580208.jpg (297 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
1398687580208.jpg
297 KB, 1462x1462
>In one interview, he has stated that his favorite Final Fantasy game is Final Fantasy VII and that he wants to make an MMO as "powerful" as that game was

This fucking guy.
>>
>>315312115
Stop being fucking stupid.
There's a very big difference between Great Buffalo, Dodore, etc., and FATEs.
Hunts are okay if you lowman them.
>>
>>315302630
>>5 month content drought following expansion release....
>>
Can someone remind me how to use Deliverance for WAR? Only level 52 atm.

It's just...Cleric stance for WAR?
>>
>>315302630

The combat is awful though.
>>
>>315312242
Still better than an eight month drought.

Looking at you, Blizzhurr.
>>
>>315312294

its mechanically the same as defiance. you just get a dps boost instead of a defensive one
>>
>>315310931
I think the worst of it will be extending the cooldown for emergency tactics. Having both ET and Indomitability on the same cooldown gives a 700 potency AoE heal every 30s, if you've got the stacks to burn.
>>
Biggest problem XIV has and any other future MMO will have is that there will be too many people trying to do things the most efficient way. They will forgo fun in an effort to cut down on the time it will take to get their desired items/status. Once their goal is achieved, they won't bother to do that shit ever again.
>>
File: cumdrum.png (2 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
cumdrum.png
2 MB, 1000x1000
which a realm reborn wud you fuck?
>>
>>315311806
Only thing worse than Yoshida himself are the people who suck his dick for anything he does.
>>
>>315312294

Use it when your Healer isn't a bitch and won't cry about how healing you is too hard because you're not in Tank Defiance.

Which should be all the time. If the Healer can't keep you alive with Deliverance on then they're a shit Healer, plain and simple.
>>
File: 1445788433963.png (526 KB, 595x664) Image search: [Google]
1445788433963.png
526 KB, 595x664
>>315312484
merlwyb or raubahn
>>
>>315302630
>ffxiv
>not wow

it was literally made as a wowclone

its probably the least shit wowclone out there but its still not wow
>>
>>315303930
WoW is bad enough, but now we're talking WoD specifically?
Warlords was awful even if you're a WoW kek blizzdrone.
Don't waste your time on it.
>>
Is a realm reborn worth getting into for someone who gets bored of MMOs relatively quick?

Do you need to buy both the expansion and the original?
>>
>>315312294
Sword Oath for WAR. Use it when not tanking or in DPS phase. Wrath is converted into abandon, and vice versa.
>>
>>315312410
I don't get why comparing it to a company that doesn't give a fuck about their playerbase is somehow an excuse to 5 months of 1 raid with 4 bosses and 2 endgame instances with no challenge at all.
>>
>>315312870
The entirety of ARR up to 2.1 is the tutorial. It's going to hold your hand for 30+ hours.
>>
>>315313009
Tell us about your savage clears, anon-chan.
>>
>>315311978
>SMN
Boring, if you play SCH. It got a bit more interesting after HW, but it's gonna take another expansion to feel independent from SCH.
MNK is the most satisfying DPS to play, but it makes you realise how frustrating it is when the tank moves around a lot.
>>
>>315312596
>get yelled at by tank because I keep taking agro as DPS
>hes never in defiance
I mean its good to get DPS out as WAR but you gotta know when.
>>
File: 1442529375828.gif (1 MB, 260x167) Image search: [Google]
1442529375828.gif
1 MB, 260x167
>>315302630
>breast slider
>no thigh/ass slider
>>
>>315313183
I've cleared up to A2 in 2 weeks and got tired of raiding 20 hours a week hitting a boss that has nothing difficult going for it apart for the overtuned hp and damage checks. Getting tired of raiding that one boss 5 times a week quickly exposed the extreme lack of things to do in the game, as if you take out the ONE boss i was progressing on (which it really was not fun) there was fuck all to do, so i quit, together with the rest of my static and another 5 friends.

I have been keeping up to date with 3.1 but i do not expect to come back as the content they'll put out will get boring in a week due to how extremely easy it is, as with the rest of the uneven patches since launch.
>>
>>315303930
WoD is objectively the shittiest WoW xpac. Yes it's even shittier than Cata.
>>
File: 1436723399623.gif (4 MB, 443x426) Image search: [Google]
1436723399623.gif
4 MB, 443x426
>>315312412
>>315312596
>>315312905
Now here's hoping my PT won't notice I've forgotten.
>>
>>315313413
>tanks blaming DPS for stolen aggro
The calling card of a salty tank. The DPS' goal should be to steal aggro by pumping out as much damage as possible and shaming the tank by taking non-aoe damage.
>>
>>315313183
Not him, but I've cleared savage.

1/2 are braindead now, 3 is fun, and 4 is the worst designed raid encounter I've seen in years. 4 encounters is not enough for a good difficulty curve, right now we have a sharp increase in difficulty from 2 to 3, that has made several statics/players just quit or stop giving a fuck. We need more bosses, and we need more raids to actually have more stuff to do BEFORE the boss. There's not enough here for another 4-5 months.
>>
File: 1400524526068.jpg (75 KB, 753x470) Image search: [Google]
1400524526068.jpg
75 KB, 753x470
>>315313642
Best feel.
>>
>>315310931
>nerf sch

Let me put things into perspective for you anon:

As of now SCH has the following to their disadvantage:
>largest MP costs in game for healers on all spells, specifically the healing ones
>lower potencies across the board
>lowest mind
>lowest piety
>fairy is 20% of your stats
>selene buff is now 3% instead of 5%
>worst aoe healing due to whispering dawn being essentialy nerfed

Their advantages of course, circumvent this in various ways, such as having the best single target healing, best mp management, best healer dps and being able to handle any aoe damage that doesn't come in crazy amounts or using cooldowns to deal with the aoe damage through shields and mitigation. however if you nerf any of those things you pretty much put sch in the same position ast was in a while back: underpowered.

Not to mention that it also affects smn if you nerf anything else aside from healing which they already have miniscule amounts of due to getting all their healing spells from the job quest.

Tldr, SCH is where it has to be right now and no its not overpowered just mecessary. The real problem lies in AST being exactly like WHM in diurnal mode while Nocturnal mode is more like an underpowered SCH, and not because of lack of healing power, but rather a lack of the fairy and instant heals which circumvent the lower potencies. You literally have to cast nocturnal helios with helios and both have cast times as opposed to sch who can just go indomitability.

I won't lie if SE nerfs SCH any further its gonna be hard for me to continue playing this hame because they are literaly on the verge of being useless.
>>
File: 354634562345.gif (938 KB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
354634562345.gif
938 KB, 350x197
>>315313552
>"I'm so good"
>"I got bored because I'm so good"
>"I quit because we got stuck on a fight that was bullshit, not even hard"
>"I'm not coming back because I know it's going to be easy, because I'm so good"
>>
File: Ultima_Online_cover[1].jpg (55 KB, 256x342) Image search: [Google]
Ultima_Online_cover[1].jpg
55 KB, 256x342
Behold, the only MMO to survive more than 18 years with a subscription fee.
>>
>Can't clear A3 savage because my DPS can barley stay above 1k
>>
File: ffxiv_04112015_073431.jpg (865 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_04112015_073431.jpg
865 KB, 1920x1080
On my second month now, its a great game.
I quit WoW shortly after Cata released and haven't touched an MMO since then until now.

>tfw going through story and find an NPC in southern Thannalan that looks very similar to my character
>>
>>315302630
If i pulled off that mask would he die?
>>
>>315313867
Everything i said was shared among the top tier FC's and you probably know that, but in your blind addiction to this shitty game you fail to see what i said is backed by most raiders.

With that said, you touched one point of my post and proceeded to try and ridicule it, i don't expect drones to come to terms with the truth, but there is fuck all to do in the game, and the few things that ARE there to do, are either old content for relics that will be obsolete in a patch soon (not 3.1 cuz lol they delayed relics again) or straight up tedious after 5 months.

Prove me wrong with an actual entertaining thing to do that you have not done a thousand times already and/or is challenging, go ahead, i'll wait.
>>
>>315313974
That's the breeding male, anon. He gets more c@ pussy than roes on balmung.
>>
>>315309867
Not full of dps at that point
Wanna know how I know you're lieing
>>
>>315313974
>C@boi DRG.
Can't wait to see the green text stories of shitty players that you inspire.
>>
>>315314219
I think there's honestly more end game content in single player FF game's than there is with Heavensward.
>>
>>315314219
more like BLACKED by most raiders, like your mom and the Oakland raiders football team
>>
File: file.png (60 KB, 435x272) Image search: [Google]
file.png
60 KB, 435x272
>>315314264

would you look at that, one just showed up

shame the tank left
>>
File: also_elves.jpg (186 KB, 760x596) Image search: [Google]
also_elves.jpg
186 KB, 760x596
>>315313974
Bearded cat master race
>>
Raiding in this game isn't that hard but the majority of players have their head up their fucking ass and if you try to join a better group or FC, they'll tell you that you don't have the experience they want but it's hard to get it when you get yet another caster that does mid 800DPS til you wipe to Hand of Pain or the tank that can't run back in a line and gives everyone atrophy.

It's not fun.
>>
>>315313801
Better answer. I agree with your assessment. More bosses and an actual middle ground content are desperately needed. Hopefully the island thing will help, but I suspect it's just going to be hunts by another name.
>>
File: 37456453.png (48 KB, 438x280) Image search: [Google]
37456453.png
48 KB, 438x280
>>315314458
Shit, you might beat my record.
>>
>>315302630

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0

Look at the end of this video and tell me your game isnt bleeding subs. They're resulting in lying to get people to play.

"Come play with over 5 million people that dont exist!"

Nice joke yoshi-p
>>
File: 045.png (63 KB, 356x353) Image search: [Google]
045.png
63 KB, 356x353
>>315314739
Nice meme video. Kill yourself.
>>
>>315314567
I wouldn't hold my breath for difficult airship exploration, since the last 2 difficult things they introduced outside of hardcore raiding were pharos sirius and steppes of faith, and they're both nerfed to hell after the cryout.

This'll go the same way.
>>
>>315303998
It's true. Me and my FC-mates had to do Final Coil undersized because we got sick of it.
>>
>>315314458
>>315314618
>>315309867

Final Fantasy 14 years in in que
>>
>>315314889
I'm honestly expecting airship exploration bosses to be S-rank hunt tier. Just throw DPS at it and don't die.
>>
File: 1444252959021.gif (411 KB, 499x281) Image search: [Google]
1444252959021.gif
411 KB, 499x281
>want to get into savage alex
>can't join groups cause you don't have the experience they say
>can't get experience since nobody lets you in
>>
>>315312241

Someone hasn't been in a HNM Fate I see. Odin can easily kill hundreds of players.
>>
>>315304917

>insinuating that FF14 isnt WoW 2: iwish therewas somethingtodo boogaloo
>>
>>315314889
The main thing that's different about exploratory ventures is that they're already separated by difficulty levels, and the highest difficulty level gives raid ilvl gear. If they do make even the highest difficulty faceroll, then it just becomes another catchup mechanic like hunts instead of its own content. I hope that isn't the case.
>>
File: FFXIV Drg.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
FFXIV Drg.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>315304215
>Le gdc meme

It's still faster than WoW. The ammount of out-cd skills is so big WoW seems a slow-mo game near FFXIV.
>>
>>315302630
its been LOSING subscribers and with its big update being on Fallout 4 release it might lose more
>>
File: 1444360788329.jpg (85 KB, 468x467) Image search: [Google]
1444360788329.jpg
85 KB, 468x467
>>315306514
this desu senpai
>>
>>315303998
If you find achievement in the exclusivity of old raid drops, then yes.
Undersized made it so much easier to grind for glamourable dungeon items, which is essentially all I use it for.
Well, that and running AV at ilvl 200 out of spite.
>>
>>315303998
You know what's fun? Minimum item level Titan EX. Get people to do it, it really makes the encounter interesting.
>>
>>315314998
Throw up a learning party on PF, you'll get people with same issue
>>
>muh content
Every MMORPG sucks.
>>
>>315305520

If you had war sub and an aegis I could understand wanting to sub warrior. Otherwise if you were just your average run of the mil PLD without nin sub you were a MP sponge piece of garbage gtfo.

>what is cure cheat
>what are gear swaps
>what is fast cast gear

Just fuck off plz.
>>
>>315310503
What's fucked about BRD? I don't pay too much attention since about August.
>>
>>315314961
>play as dps
>line up for CT
>?????
>die of old age
There are some things that are just inevitable.
>>
>>315313928
>tfw ending A3S at 1250 with shit gear on MNK
Feels groovy.
>>
>>315314458
What do you want? I can try and jump in Queue to help
>>
>>315315027
Please, I'll ask again, stop being fucking stupid.
Odin was uncoordinated zerg bullshit, as is anything else with an unlimited amount of players hitting them.
>>
>>315315308
I did that when it was relevant, it was a nightmare but challenging, i made quite a few million gil selling it too. I don't see the point of doing it again.
>>
>>315305525

Confirmed for not even being max level or doing any content. The game does suck cock but by far and wide gil is a useless commodity. The only thing you use gil for is buying housing and maybe materia whenever they decide to put the new relic quest line in next year. Hell, you wont even be able to meld tier 5 materia to raid armor until 3.2 which is probably another 6 months away anyways.
>>
File: 1401730144589.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1401730144589.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>315315308
>minimum ilvl AV
I wasn't there for launch, how bad was the locksmith for healers in 2.0?
>>
>>315315118
>dump 3 buffs nowhere near it
>Piercing Talon
LALAFELLS
>>
File: ffxiv_11032015_003221.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_11032015_003221.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>315302630
I just subbed this week. Pretty fun so far, but the character building/customization is really bare. UI customization is pretty rad though.
>>
>>315315514
>Being a bow mage is required for top DPS
>Top DPS is still lower than WAR
>Playstyle was completely changed to play exactly like a caster
>>
>>315314998
Then fucking make a party for people like yourself who want to get that experience by actually learning the encounters together instead of wanting to be a lazy shit getting carried through.
>>
>>315315514

bard used to be a low dps support class who's biggest strength was mobility

bard is now a very low dps support class who has to stand still to fight properly
>>
>>315315738

>>315310525
>>
Can't justify sub fee for any game. Though ARR has tempted me many times.
>>
>>315316119
Want a tank or DPS?
>>
>>315306514
>Shiny, ugly character models
>Age old unreal 3
>PvP looks clunky as all fuck with almost zero impact, its like fighting with a wet noodle.
>Gotta have 0ms to git gud.
>>
>>315315986
>>315316086
Oh wait people are still bitching about Wanderer's Minuet? I thought something was actually broken.
>>
>>315305809

Grats on your useless house.
Grats on your useless cardgame.
Grats on your copy paste quests.
Grats on your shitty pointless chocobo races.
Grats on your pointless glamour PVP gear and mass hoard of people running around the map "PVPing" eachother.
Grats on your 4 raid bosses every 6+ months at a time.

Did I cover everything?
>>
>>315316252
Doing less DPS than a tank seems pretty fucking broken, friend.
>>
>>315316124

whats your main complaint?
>>
>>315316086
>abloobloobloo our dps is so low abloobloobloo
>every static group still has one despite their dps being lower than others

>>315316252
Yes, it's almost as if the job is populated with ADD ridden fuckheads who only played it because it was easy as fuck.
>>
>>315316332
>content that isn't endgame or open world pvp isn't content
Sure buddy.
>>
>>315316334
http://www.fflogs.com/rankings/7#class=Global&spec=Bard
http://www.fflogs.com/rankings/7#class=Global&spec=Warrior
>>
>>315316232

whichever you feel like
>>
>>315316332
you seem upset
>>
>>315316246
>PvP looks clunky as all fuck with almost zero impact, its like fighting with a wet noodle.
you're a moron.
>>
>>315316485
WAR inc bit rusty though
>>
>>315316453

yes, but i used to be able to move. i can still support, but now i'm as mobile as a black mage
>>
>>315316334
>>315316252
>>315316086

They should make a Ranger job entirely built around a skill like Wanderer's minuet that's a pure DPS build, and make bard full support with low DPS.
>>
>>315316467
Doing literally 200 at the most more DPS than a tank seems pretty fucking broken, friend.
>>
File: 1440415339014.jpg (1 MB, 800x1311) Image search: [Google]
1440415339014.jpg
1 MB, 800x1311
Greatest Cum Bucket or greatest Cum Bucket?
>>
>>315316453
They're used for TP/MP restoration, which further reduces their DPS.
I mean, at least they're not an RNG class.
>>
File: 1446408648614.jpg (39 KB, 535x573) Image search: [Google]
1446408648614.jpg
39 KB, 535x573
>yfw you'll never be an Excalikek
>>
Samurai when??
>>
>>315316246
>there is a shininess slider
>models still look better than wow/ff14
>>
>>315302630
>still getting new content

Lol no its not.

It has no endgame.

Its a casual boring shitfest with a 2.5 second global so the mentally slow weeabos can react to whatever the fuck shit happens in the raid bosses.

Any shitstain can get into the raids and clear them so in return actual seasoned and experimented players get to see what kind of shithole SE caters to.

Gated content i.e. you cna't get into the fucking expansion without having cleared the main story questline, which means, good luck making a new alt lmao.

4 bosses every tier, ONLY FUCKING FOUR BOSSES, THERE IS NO MINIBOSSES, and every boss fight is instanced, there is no "raid" in reality, since every boss fight is in an independent room.

8 months for more 4 bosses, yay... not.

15 dollar sub for this piece of casual shit, no thank you, Wildstar is F2P,new ACTUAL raiding tier coming out soon, and SWTOR just had a new expansion, and if that is not your thing, WoW legion is coming out soon, all of this, is MILLIONS OF FUCKING YEARS BETTER THAN THAT PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>315316756

That's not Nanamo
>>
>>315316829
Late 2016.
>>
File: AverageFFXIVPlayer.jpg (45 KB, 450x495) Image search: [Google]
AverageFFXIVPlayer.jpg
45 KB, 450x495
please for the love of god up secure to level 60 that's the only thing I fucking ask.
>>
>>315304917
>MMO
>playing months after launch
>not only raiding in it

What are you an fucking weeaboo ERPer? Fuck off retard.
>>
>>315316732
I'm not your friend stop saying that
You offer Paeon, Ballad and Foes.
You do your damage from far away, which is much safer. I've done 3 melee A3S runs and some mechanics are a fucking moshpit.

I do feel tanks are doing a tad too much damage, but with the amount of DPS required for enrages, you still can't really bring in 6 tanks and stomp through it, you need a balanced group.

If you want to be top DPS with the easiest job while supporting everyone from the back lines, you're gonna be sorely disappointed.
>>
>>315312484

does she let the moogles watch her schlick?
>>
>>315305060
>FFXIV raids
>challenging

LMFAO

pvp BLOWS in FF14, there is no competition at all fo rthat shit mode of a PVP.
>>
>>315316839
>Thinking I give a fuck about how models look in wow and FF14
Tera did it better. Black Desert did it better.
>>
>>315316756
minfilia is waifu
minfilia is laifu
>>
>>315317034
I already switched to MCH because it still supports and isn't clunky as shit like WM BRD is.

Pal.
>>
>>315312005

If they tie relics to it and double armor drops, it'd be nice.
>>
>>315316853
>THERE IS NO MINIBOSSES

ADS and Faust, but yeah they barely count even though they're their respective shitter check. Two whole mini bosses out of all the turns are the exception rather than the norm, there's far more mindless filler trash.
>>
>>315316674
Split the job into Dancer and Hunter.
Dancer is a support class and requires both MNK and BRD to unlock, Hunter is a combination mobile and caster DPS and requires BLM and BRD.
Problem solved.
>>
>>315317126
black desert did it better than everyone but those two games are still garbage
>>
>>315317093
I bet grinding on fluffy moogles ain't half bad.
>>
>>315305989
Lol, this kid. If you actually had played an MMO before FF14, actual MMOs had 1 second long globals, not 2.5 globals. FF14 is not a "true" mmo, its the most casual piece of shit in the market. If you want to know wha thard is go play Wildstar kid lol, you're gonna quit Wildstar cause you wont even be able to cleare dthe low level dungeons, guarranteed.
>>
>>315317246
But Tera and B&S are the same.
>>
>do expert roulette on MNK
>WAR is a cool guy, big pulls, big damage
>WHM never nukes, is talking to the DRG he joined with all fight
>multiple emoticons every sentence
>DRG is afk, auto following the WHM for at least half the dungeon
>reach the end of the run
>WHM: wow, fast run, nice work everyone :)
I hate this game. I don't want to do expert roulette anymore
>>
Couldn't they just reduce the cast time on Bard skills when using Minuet to buff it? Maybe they could just buff the base damage of their skills a tiny bit. There's no reason to get rid of Minuet itself.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 94

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.