[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash is worse than THPS5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 16
File: serveimage (1).jpg (315 KB, 745x419) Image search: [Google]
serveimage (1).jpg
315 KB, 745x419
https://youtu.be/lw342fD1ay8

When will this trend of bad Nintendo games end? Nothing released since Super Mario Maker has been good and nothing until the next Zelda looks good.
>>
File: th.jpg (6 KB, 300x165) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
6 KB, 300x165
>>315296985

>Nintendo aren't going to release anything good until the NX

Just kill me anon
>>
>>315296985
What makes it worse than THPS5? I'm not watching a 15 minute video to find out.
>>
>>315298840
NX has strong potential based off of this past year of Nintendo games. The only good Wii U games were Splatoon which was made by a small team and Super Mario Maker which is just copy and pasting assets. It's likely they are hard at work on a multitude of great games for NX.
>>
>>315298986
Why not? Your time isn't valuable, you're posting on /v/.
>>
You need to finally admit that Nintendo is for KIDS. Yes, it's a universal audience--YES. You can be an adult and enjoy the titles, you are part of the audience. But you are not the target audience.

The target audience is children. Children who-due to their young age-cannot pry at video-games and pick out what's flawed about them, or what's rehashed about them. These little shits will consume whatever Nintendo puts out because 'It's Mario!' 'It's Pokemon!' 'It's Zelda!'.

Nintendo recognizes itself as a household brand, and with that in mind, they do not avoid cutting corners. They KNOW the game will sell. And when the target audience of kids grow up to be old enough to get bored (ages 12 - 14), new kids will replace them.

This is Nintendo.
>>
>>315296985
>When will this trend of bad Nintendo games end?

What's up with this meme? They just released the multiplayer goty with Triforce Heroes.
>>
>>315299304
Please stop lying to yourself.
>>
That looks stale as hell, what happened to good Mario sports games?
>>
I don't agree with your second sentiment since I don't like level editors and do like taking pictures of ghosts, but yeah Nintendo needs to stop half-assing their series.
>>
>>315299468
The GameCube era ended.
>>
>>315299468
Wii happened. Now they feel they all need to be really easy so everyone can enjoy them or something.
>>
>>315299543
Wasn't there a soccer one for Wii?
>>
>>315299598
The fact that you don't is a good representation of the game's quality.
>>
>>315299651
The game wasn't that bad, though I played it like 6 years ago, the only issue I could remember was horrible online and the awful goalie motion control mechanic. Besides that, the game was solid wasn't it?
>>
>>315299790
The GameCube game was better.
>>
>>315299651
Was it really that bad? I never heard anyone talk negatively about it.

>>315299790
>goalie motion control mechanic
Oh.
>>
>>315299890
You're not wrong.
>>
>>315299940
Have you heard anyone talk about it at all though?
>>
>>315296985
This game was made by Camelot, not Nintendo. And Camelot have always released mediocre games.

Also people don't seem to know the difference between underwhelming and bad. Triforce Heroes was a decent game in its own right, even if it is underwhelming compared to the rest of the series. I'm sure Xenoblade and Paper Jam will be in the same boat. Star Fox Zero might do a complete 180 like most of Nintendo's big recent releases (compare the reception of the game's reveal and release with titles like Pikmin 3, 3D World, A Link Between Worlds, etc.).
>>
>>315300029
I'm not sure. I thought it was just the Wii game before this thread.
>>
>>315300038
>Camelot have always released mediocre games.
No.

>This game was made by Camelot, not Nintendo.
Nintendo is to blame, they were the ones to commission this rush job garbage to have a game out for the Holidays.
>>
>>315300038
>This game was made by Camelot, not Nintendo. And Camelot have always released mediocre games.

This vindicates Nintendo how? The fact of the matter is, Nintendo assigned the development over to this mediocre studio. Now Nintendo is a business, they're also human. You can safely assume they KNEW of Camelot's mediocrity and checkered reputation.

But they handed the game over to them anyway. Why? Because they (Nintendo) do not give two damns or a fuck. It's Mario. It'll sell.
>>
>>315299275
It's not about the rehashing though.

It's about lazy attempts to make money (OP's pic related) and poor decisions in game development (OP's pic related in regards to online, no voice chat in many of their games that feature online, censoring an M-rated game and a T-rated game even though they were fine with cleavage in E-rlated games last year etc.)

Codename S.T.E.A.M. and Splatoon prove that Nintendo has a fairly bright future ahead of them in the new blood that they're training, but some of their other decisions leave much to be desired.
>>
>>315300320
Camelot has been in charge of the Mario tennis frnachise since inception.
>>
>>315300187
>Camelot have always released mediocre games.
>No.
I can't comment on the Shining Force games since I've never played them, but the rest have been meh. I guess the earlier Golf and Tennis were alright during the time they were released (and I believed they had an RPG mode, which made them a bit more interesting). But the later ones have never really added much more interesting. And Golden Sun is a mediocre RPG series, there's no denying it.

>>315300320
I agree, this game is a cheap cash-in that's being made to pad out the Wii U's library. They do it every generation though and it's not like it's taking the resources away from Nintendo's main studios that are working on proper games. Besides, there's not much you can do with Tennis to make it a lot more interesting. Kart Racing allows you to be very creative with the track design, which is why Mario Kart is always well received.
>>
>>315296985
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
>>
>>315296985
>>315298840
>>315299086
Like clockwork
>>
File: 1420378632513.png (472 KB, 557x547) Image search: [Google]
1420378632513.png
472 KB, 557x547
5:28

Did I hear that right? No friends option for Online and you have to have a local friend to play doubles online or amiibo?!

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!
>>
Why are there so many nintendo shitposts today?
>>
>>315302098
>today
>>
>>315300896
Two games cannot rectify the current state of affairs that Nintendo is facing. Nintendo has a major lack of third-party support, and that's what carries a console. Exclusives can entice someone to buy the console, but it won't entice them to keep playing.

In my opinion, Nintendo needs to talk with developer heads, figure out just how far they need to push their hardware so they can make accessible devkits for any developer. Once they've that, they can focus on the utility of the console itself (Do away with peripherals, motion control. Keep touch screen if they must).

And then make damn sure they provide third-party support and focus their A-Team on the development of Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, F-Zero, Metroid, Starfox.

Basically, they need to figure out what it is that Microsoft/Sony has been doing that Nintendo hasn't and then capitalize on that.

I seriously fucking miss the SNES days. Third party support, ground-breaking exclusives, intuitive controller and console design. It was perfect. Why did they have to stray so damn far from this path?
>>
>>315302256
They are doing that though.

Remember the Skylanders deal with DK and Bowser?

How about Hyrule Warriors, Pokken Tournament, funding Devil's Third and Bayonetta 2?

Funding localization for Bravely Default?

Partnering with Namco Bandai to work on Smash 4?

Allowing an official Shovel Knight amiibo to be created?

I'm pretty sure they're opening the floodgates to more Western developers and Eastern developers if this news is anything to go by.
>>
>>315300896
Someone said that the director of TTYD worked on Codename STEAM.
>>
>Worse than THPS5

That's not true. It's lacking content but THPS5 didn't work properly at all AND also lacked content.
>>
i'd buy it if it had motion controls. tennis wagglan is good wagglan
>>
>>315296985

>Iwata has died, consumer interest is waning, and our shareholders are disappointed. Should we work our hardest to improve our image and fix things in this desperate time?

>Nah, let's put out a bunch of dogshit ;)

I seriously regret buying a Wii U. Things were really looking up around the time Mario Kart 8 was released.
>>
There is one really good thing about all this, which is that Wii-U sold terribly.

So they know they can't do that again. They thought they could ride the Wii branding hard and it failed completely.

That doesn't mean they will target people like us with NX, but it DOES mean they have to change up their gameplan, which is good.

At the end of the day the Wii-U will still have a modest collection of valuable exclusives just like the Wii did. Most of which probably sold terribly, with the exception of things like Splatoon.

I don't buy any console until it has 10 exclusives I want. So I never regret the purchase. I wish it had have been better though.
>>
>>315296985
You again? Literally every nintendo is nintndoomed according to your feelings. But as long as you only have your fragile porcelain feelings to show us to make a game bad, we won't give a shit.
>>
did that other mario tennis hate thread get deleted?

Darn the luck
>>
>>315299304
>meme
OP wishes. He's alone making those threads hourly, with the same style, stalking nintendo vids to react in 10 minutes, every day, for the past month. He's desperate. Mods don't want to ban his ass for some reason. My money is that he's a shitty blog reviewer that is viraling his memes for the next time he gives their game a 40/100 while nobody else goes under 70.
>>
>>315302750
Those are mostly all exclusives, they're third-party, but what I'm getting at is they need to open up their multi-platforming. This is what I meant, because while exclusives are great (first party and third), what's even more important is to be on the same page as your competitor(s), to also have the titles they have.

Nintendo currently is not (or cannot) do that at the moment. The amount of AAA games that were shared by PC/XB1/PS4 is growing larger and larger (it's countless when we consider last gen).

It's because of this that Nintendo players will often stop playing their consoles, and instead, invest in the competitor and buy their console. It's what I did once I got sick of my Wii, I bought a 360 just to get my hands on Street Fighter IV and GTA IV.
>>
>>315302256
I'm just waiting for a Mario game that is groundbreaking.
Wii got Galaxy
64 got Super Mario 64
SNES got World
NES got SMB/3

GC had Melee, RE4, and SM64+ and made it worthwhile.
They just need to go balls out for a WiiU Mario title.
>>
>>315303104
Think of it this way.

>NX is coming up, we're in a transition period
>Should be double-down on this console people aren't buying, or push development resources into NX?

The former makes no sense.

>But they'll alienate Wii U purchasers!

Some maybe, but not all and more importantly they want to attract more customers, the people who bought Wii U (myself included) didn't do it in enough supply to merit a stronger commitment.

I'm not really bothered because I don't buy any platform until is has 10 exclusives I want and Wii U already reached that.

Sure I wish it had have been better but many things were mismanaged and people didn't buy them.

I don't regret buying Wii U, I just wish it had have done better.

I will definitely be more hesitant with NX as a result of Wii U, but if it gets 10 exclusives I want, of course I'll buy it again, that's well enough for my money.
>>
None of this matters to me. It's still tennis online. That's all I want desu. I never play single player so I dont give a shit. It's like smash. I dont care about the bonus modes. It's nothing when theres online. Throw in Rosalina and I'm down for some tennis. There's no actual criticisms to the gameplay here. It's just his asshurt.
>>
Why Tennis...?
Tennis and Golf and the most cancerous sports ever
>>
>>315303810
>I'm just waiting for a Mario game that is groundbreaking.
On Wii-U? It's not going to happen. Wii got 2 Mario core titles because of how successful Wii was in terms of hardware sales.

Wii U is the lowest amount of home console hardware sales Nintendo has ever experienced in its history (technically virtual boy was handheld).

So no, it's not getting development resources and you can't even really blame them. It has enough exclusives to merit a purchase if you're somebody that likes the titles they managed to get out for it.

It reminds me of Wii in terms of the worthwhile exclusives, modest supply but they're still pretty enjoyable. Can't wait for Xenoblade as well.
>>
>>315303847
>Throw in Rosalina and I'm down for some tennis.
>''My decision making is solely influenced whether or not my waifu is involved.''
>>
>>315303847
>There's no actual criticisms to the gameplay here
Well, my criticism would be that it doesn't improve on gameplay in any real way.

I would rather boot up my existing copy of Mario Tennis for N64.

This title screams "we don't have development resources to spend".

If you can still appreciate it, kudos but it's easy to see why many people don't.
>>
If Nintendo went third-party but kept making portable hardware (since Sony's proven twice they have no fucking clue what they're doing) the galaxy would be at peace.
>>
>>315304186
You dont get it though. Online mario tennis is literally all I want. I can't boot up kaillera and get a mario tennis game going. I can't go to Mario Tennis Open either, I've tried for hours. All I want is to play online without a huge hassle in nice HD graphics.

>>315304036
she levitates and shit. It's just a nice bonus. Its one of the few aspects of the game that looks loved.
>>
>>315304510
>You dont get it though
I get what you're saying but what you don't get is that most people don't care enough about that and that you're easily satisfied in that regard.
>>
>>315304907
I know that. It's obviously a very rushed game. But all these websites reporting that it's a Duke Nukem Forever when the gameplay still plays as solid as ever seems a bit much to me. In the end, I suppose I should be happy that Nintendo is getting widespread criticism. They need their shit pushed in because they make stupid fucking decisions often.
>>
>>315305410
>But all these websites seems a bit much to me

Well their job is report video game news. They want people to click on their articles. Sensational language is better for achieving that.

If you're just realizing this now I feel bad for you.

>I suppose I should be happy that Nintendo is getting widespread criticism. They need their shit pushed in because they make stupid fucking decisions often.

Yeah exactly, that's how I feel about it.

>>315303110
>>
>>315304510
Paratroopa, flyguy flies
Boo floats.
>>
>>315305565
that gameexplain video the guy almost cried the whole thirty minutes over the features he hoped for not getting in without discussing the core gameplay even once other than "yeah it's still mario tennis." Didn't even mention ultra smashes, or what shots you could do or which were kept or altered. How do technique characters feel? Are defensive characters fucking better or what? Are you going to say literally anything substantial in terms of the fucking gameplay?

That kind of thing. That's all I've been seeing. I've never seen these things brought up even here.
>>
>>315303832
NX isn't a home console though. Kimishima outright said in the meeting that they expect Wii U to continue selling due to Splatoon and Mario Maker.

It's pretty clear at this point that NX is the 3DS successor, and not the Wii U's.
>>
>>315296985

THE ONLY REASON PEOPLE THINK MARIO TENNIS IS GOOD IS BECAUSE THEY WERE KIDS WHEN THEY PLAYED IT.

TENNIS, SEMEN SLURPING SPORT MARIO, MARIO AFICAN AMERICAN EDITION, GOLF MARIO, THEY ARE ALL SHIT, AND ALWAYS WHERE.

THE ONLY GOOD MARIO SPIN-OFF IS MARIO KART, JUST ACCEPT IT GODDAMIT.
>>
>>315306021
Did you just diss Mario Strikers?

Did he just diss both Mario Strikers?
>>
>>315306114
Yes he did. Go get him Sempai
>>
>>315306114

I really liked super mario strikers, but i don't know why people act like if the games were 9/10 in the past.

Nintendo never cared for these games and never will.
>>
>>315305930
>NX isn't a home console though.
Would you quit with this shit?
>>
I really wanted to get this, but seeing as its a rushjob, I can safely skip it. What the fuck happened to the mario sports games we got during the N64/Gamecube gen's? Even Mario Party is shit now.
>>
>>315306464
But they were. The online was bustling, the competitive community was actually a thing, people were really good in general, and it got on the best-sellers wii list that fucked over so many of their boxes.

And I'm assuming the first sold well if the second got made.

tbqh senpai you canslob on muh dick
>>
>>315306501
How dare someone refute a common misconception about a video game company on a video game image board!
>>
>>315304210
You're not getting Zelda on the PlayStation.
>>
>>315304210
>If Nintendo went third-party
I admire them for not doing that.

The world is better having a third option that differs significantly from the other two Netflix boxes.

They've also reiterated time and time again that they want to be in the hardware business, and the fact that Wii-U didn't stop them from making another new dedicated gaming platform seems to confirm that.

All the other once strong Japanese gaming companies have become shells of their former selves, extinct or totally corrupt and not even about games.
>>
>>315306643
>Common
No, not whatsoever. We've known the NX is a home console for fucking months. You can Google it at this point.
>>
>>315305930
>NX isn't a home console though
We don't know. It is a dedicated gaming platform.

>they expect Wii U to continue selling due to Splatoon and Mario Maker

For the immediate future. Not for years, that's ridiculous and he didn't intend that. He means they can get by on evergreen titles for the vacant release schedule early next year.
>>
File: mariotennisgbc.jpg (126 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
mariotennisgbc.jpg
126 KB, 600x400
I didn't know anyone really had high expectations for a Mario tennis of all things.

Is the franchise really anything other than Tennis with Mario characters?
>>
>>315306851
No, people just really want the Wii U to look as bad as possible. Nothing Nintendo has said indicates that they're replacing the Wii U.
>>
>>315307191
The problem is it's NOW Tennis with Mario Characters
back then it was not just that. it was the mario-kart equivalent of Tennis games
>>
I am only interested in 2 Wii U games

Star Fox and Xenoblade

After that, I'm selling it
>>
>>315307191
the issue is the amount of content this iteration has. Previous Mario Tennis had nice little gimmicks like item battles, ring mode, paintball minigames and of course the portables had the godly RPG mode with NPC interactions.

Now it's just regular tennis with maybe one or 2 variants. Unique stages are completely removed, online is butchered with no friends option and you can't play randoms doubles unless you have a local friend or an amiibo, no tournament mode, powerups are replaced with generic jump shots and removal of celebration animations with each end match. Not to mention the godly CG animation intros are not even found anywhere.
>>
>>315296985

>guy says he doesnt like it cause it's a low budget game with a short development time

I don't see how this makes it worse than Pro Skater 5 shitposer-san?
>>
File: wiiu dreamcast.png (591 KB, 636x545) Image search: [Google]
wiiu dreamcast.png
591 KB, 636x545
>>315307857
This game is literally filler, sorry but Wii U is pretty much dead and Nintendo knows this.

Why would you invest a lot in a game that won't sell that well?
>>
>>315307841
You should hang onto it for 10 years or so. Wii U has inherent collect-ability because of low production numbers on various software.

It will be sought after later, almost guaranteed.
>>
>>315307841
>Selling consoles
Am I really on a board with people that young?
>>
>>315303810
>GC had Melee, RE4, and SM64+
Wii u has Smash, RE4-, and SMW+

:^)
>>
File: 1417237589977.jpg (27 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1417237589977.jpg
27 KB, 320x240
>>315307998
really sad to see considering how much I loved the previous Mario Tennis games. I really wanted a HD game with some great use of the Mario universe. Now with all these features missing and online being even more butchered than the 3DS version even though that had region lock and knowing this was completely rushed in order to fill in the Star Fox 0 void is really saddening.
>>
how do you go to that from this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUu0hy8Aa6E
how
>>
>>315308340
>knowing this was completely rushed in order to fill in the Star Fox 0 void
I know that's likely true but it still baffles me.

Even if this game was well done, it doesn't fill the void of a Star Fox sequel, Jesus that's dumb. You can't compare some sports spin-off game to that.
>>
>>315307998

But the Dreamcast is better than the WiiU
>>
>>315308447
That's too fun and kiddy. We have to have it be mature and streamlined. This sells the copies.
>>
>>315308109
It doesn't necessarily mean they're young. Some people just don't like the idea of hoarding stuff they will likely not use anytime soon.
>>
>>315308457
well I did get a chance to play Star Fox 0 at Pax and I felt it was pretty well done already when I played it at the time and was excited for its release. Most of the people playing it at the time were idiots who spazzed their gamepads like a jackass at the time.

I know I shouldn't be comparing it to Mario Tennis but the fact that at the time of revealing, they were pretty hesitant to reveal much information about this title. At the same time, they didn't even talk about a release time window. This pretty much leads me to believe that they just got the gameplay beta working out and that was it.
>>
>>315308785
>hoarding
That's misused a lot, kind of like OCD. Hoarding is a very specific behavior, not just keeping anything.
>>
File: mario-golf-world-tour_3DS_9851.jpg (501 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mario-golf-world-tour_3DS_9851.jpg
501 KB, 1280x720
>>315307645

Back then it sold better. Mario Golf: World Tour(3DS) was delayed and is incredibly content rich for a Mario Golf game(With more courses and characters in the base game before you even count the DLC).Hell it's probably the best looking Mario game on the 3DS as well, yet it's also the lowest selling Mario game on 3DS and the 2nd lowest selling Mario Golf game(next to the mediocre gameboy game).

I'm not excusing the WiiU game's lack of content pretty clear from Mario Golf: World Tour the audience already abandoned it and it wouldnt sell much better if it was expansive.
>>
>>315308960
>and I felt it was pretty well done already when I played it at the time
Even Nintendo didn't agree with you though.
>>
>>315309075
that's Nintendo's perception. I enjoyed it for what I got out of the demo at the time.
>>
>>315308483
I think they're about equal

Dreamcast gave us imaginative games like Jet Set Radio, Powerstone, Phantasy Star Online, Skies of Arcadia, Crazy Taxi

WiiU gave us games like Wonderful 101, Captain Toad, Xenoblade X, NES Remix, Splatoon

And I'm obviously excluding the obvious games for both platforms like Sonic Adventure and Mario 3D World
>>
>>315309209
>that's Nintendo's perception
Well they are the publisher...
>>
>>315309438
yeah and how does that change my opinion of the game?
>>
>>315309267
>I think they're about equal
This.

Dreamcast might be just slightly better. It was still an era of more competence of third party developers though.
>>
>>315309494
It doesn't, but your opinion matters less when it comes to whether or not it releases a certain way.
>>
File: wpid-reggie-fils-aime-3[1].jpg (56 KB, 575x431) Image search: [Google]
wpid-reggie-fils-aime-3[1].jpg
56 KB, 575x431
>>315306021
>>315307191
Sorry but no. I've played every Mario Tennis game and the N64 version was the best to play competitively. The characters were all similar but ever so slightly different, which is the mark of a true competitive game. There were no cutscenes or special attacks, just flat out tennis with each character having their own advantages and disadvantages.
>>
>>315309659
and so does yours. I don't even know why you want to convince me to change my perception.
>>
File: SMSArt.png (3 MB, 1547x2374) Image search: [Google]
SMSArt.png
3 MB, 1547x2374
I heard some faggots were talking shit about Super Mario Strikers ITT
>>
>>315309751
>and so does yours
I never mentioned my opinion on it, just Nintendo's.

>I don't even know why you want to convince me to change my perception
? You have a victim complex or something.
>>
>>315309861
>? You have a victim complex or something.
Well he is a Nintendo fan.
>>
File: comfy mario.png (34 KB, 196x197) Image search: [Google]
comfy mario.png
34 KB, 196x197
>>315309438

I think sometime Nintendo kind of go with what's said as part of damage control. Like how Aonuma pretends the exaggerations of each new companion in LoZ being intrusive and "worse than Navi" is true.
>>
>>315296985
>that accent

I ain't listenin to all that shit nigga
>>
Modern Nintendo is only good for getting Monster Hunter localized.
>>
>>315309959
at least I'm not even defending current state of this game
>>
File: 1444930036585.png (28 KB, 177x166) Image search: [Google]
1444930036585.png
28 KB, 177x166
>>315307384
Nigger, EVERYTHING points to the NX being a Wii U successor.

Let's review:

-Wii U is Nintendo's worst selling console in history, despite good software attach rates
-3rd parties specifically left the Wii U development scene because the Wii U couldn't compete with the other consoles power
-3rd party sales were one of the main goals for the Wii U and failed within the first year
-Meanwhile, the 3DS has been doing fine. While it's not selling nearly as much as the regular DS, it still has a healthy attachment rate and exclusives coming out regularly by third-party and first-party devs.
-Iwata commented multiple times on making a new OS that could be cross-platform
-Nintendo merged their console and portable dev divisions, further suggesting this cross-platform OS
-Recently, NX dev kits went out. Receivers commented on "top-notch graphical chips" which STRONGLY suggests this is a console, not a portable.
-If Nintendo were to make a portable, they'd have no fallback. Splitting 3DS development would hurt the system as it's not as independent as the original DS was. Beyond that, if the handheld struggled initially like the 3DS, it would look very bad with the Wii U also slagging behind and 3DS sales declining.

There is literally no evidence to suggest the NX is a portable.
>>
>>315309861
>I never mentioned my opinion on it, just Nintendo's.
So you have mental disorders and not only believe a company is a person, but it also talks following your desires and orders? Get help.
>>
>>315299543
This
>>
>>315309959
>Well he is a Nintendo fan.
So am I...
>>
>>315309978
>I think sometime Nintendo kind of go with what's said as part of damage control
Maybe I'm dumb but I can't really understand what you're trying to say here.
>>
>>315299582
You just described the entire games industry

>Press F to pay respect
>>
>>315304510
You could have had that and the classic Mario Sports RPG mechanics to make online play even better, but you decided to settle with less,
>>
>>315310416
>-3rd parties specifically left the Wii U development scene because the Wii U couldn't compete with the other consoles power

Also because the Wii U is still running on PowerPC infrastructure, making porting from x86 a pain in the ass.

My bet is that the NX will be x86.
>>
>>315311176
Just more reasons why the NX doesn't make any sense to be a portable.
>>
>>315302256
That comes at such a huge fucking risk though. Three of the biggest 3rd Parties out there are Ubisoft, Activision, and EA, and their prerequisites for porting their games usually involves throwing in their shitty services like UPlay and drowning the marketplace in DLC for the title. Of course 3rd Parties make the console, but in Nintendo's case, would it really help them? Or fuck them when nobody buys their Mario kiddieshit and opts for Microsoft and Sony's Halo and Uncharted, respectively?
>>315302750
>Skylanders
>Shovel Knight Amiibo
Toys to life are not a good example of opening relations with other companies, especially such shitty ones like Activision and Indie Hobos.
However, stuff like Hurl Warriors, Sm4sh, and Pokken are good examples of branching out. Nintendo has a problem of holding a lot of IPs hostage while Mario takes the helm year-in and year-out, and when those IPs do come out, it's always the same old garbage; if Ninty can get off their high horse for a while and allow other companies to try new spins on their franchises, then I welcome it, the riskier and more strange, the better.
>>
File: 15616165153153153.jpg (470 KB, 756x814) Image search: [Google]
15616165153153153.jpg
470 KB, 756x814
At least the game isn't a full price title.
>>
>>315311346
>Toys to life are not a good example of opening relations with other companies, especially such shitty ones like Activision and Indie Hobos.
To investors this is a great move. Investors literally only care about profit.
>>
>>315310746

I mean that they publicly accept something they don't actually believe to be true in order to pacify people.
>>
>>315311804
I definitely don't see that. Nintendo does their own thing, they don't even seem to care about the reaction to that.
>>
>it's ok to shill your shitty youtube channel if you shit on nintendo in it

Jesus fuck, taht fake interview is literally cringe and brainwash at the same time.
>>
>>315311519
>Investors literally only care about profit.
Short-term profits too. Most are pretty retarded when it comes to long-term profits.

>DEY DIDN'T ANNOUNCE A MOBILE GAME SOON ENOUGH SELL EVERYTHING
>>
>>315311970
It's why no one wants to go public anymore. It's very limiting and usually investors have no idea what's actually good for a company.
>>
>>315312134
I think Nintendo just needed to create a bread line.
>>
>>315312196
Can you even go private again after opening stock to the public?
>>
>>315296985
Starfox Zero will be good. Count on it.
>>
>>315312318
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/stocks/08/public-companies-privatize-go-private.asp
>>
>>315311970

Probably idiots who bought Nintendo stock in 2009 because the Wii was still going strong but not in 2005/2006 because they weren't convinced.

The people focused on short term gains usually lose out most as they sell as quick as they can because Nintendo didn't reveal "Mario on mobile now available yesterday" despite the fact there are going to be atleast 5 mobile games and Miitomo is only one of them.
>>
"Okay. After Mario Tennis and Mario Power Tennis, let's give this new installment a try. Wow. There's no cinematic opening. Okay. Where's Diddy? I know Birdo's dead, but Diddy's gone too?! Oh, there's Bowser Jr. Why the fuck is he stuck in the motherfucking clown car?! Bowser Jr builds robots for fighting. Using robots in athletic competetions is utterly asinine! He was on his feet as an agile tricky player in Power and Open. Is this because of that happy meal toy?! Okay. Characters don't make the game entirely. Wait! How can a game that came out fifteen years ago have more content than a game of 2015?! No ring shot, no item battle, no other stadiums and no tournament mode! What is this shit?! What is even is this?! Let me calm down. This must be a bargain bin game. Probably fifteen bucks. It cost what?!
>>
>>315307914
>guy says he doesnt like it cause it's a low budget game with a short development time

That's just the new age of gamers, get used to it
>>
>>315313213
Good criticisms, but you could have phrased it less autistically.
>>
>>315313213
Something makes me think the game was supposed to have more content sometime before E3, but Nintendo decided to axe it.
>>
>>315313213
>This must be a bargain bin game. Probably fifteen bucks. It cost what?!

People can always wait for a price drop/sale or not get it. People act like they're forced to get it.
>>
>>315313213
>Using robots in athletic competetions is utterly asinine!

what games are we talking about again
>>
>>315310954
that sounds fucking awful. Keep your rpg crap out of my online please.
>>
>>315296985
Well considering that Super Mario Maker was the last game they made thats a pretty good track record
>>
>>315313213

Do you think this game would potentially sell over 1 million even if it had all the crap? Probably not. More likely than not this is a cheap entry to ensure it doesn't have to sell much to survive and give Camelot some practice with HD development.

We'll probably get a bigger entry next gen when they can use this game as a base for a Mario Tennis game for both handheld and console.
>>
>>315313984
>Keep your rpg crap out of my online
Or they could be separate, but both in the game.
>>
>>315313609
A failed attempt at humor, but at least the faults were picked up.
>>
>>315313802
I'm fearing Bowser Jr stuck in the clown car may become a trend. The next Strikers may have the little guy in the clown car while kicking the ball with robotic feet.
>>
>>315314484
Man, even fucking Mario Maker felt so dull and lifeless. I put it down after like a week.
Thank god the checkpoints are a new thing, I was honestly afraid they would've stopped supporting this game with content. Hope there's some new themes, new music options, new enemies, new powerups, more hazards, and slopes.
>>
Pretty disappointing. Mairo Tennis 64 was amazing. Power Tennis was a bit of a letdown because of all the stuff going on (which you couldn't really turn off in singleplayer), but it at least had a ton of different gimmick courts and minigames.

I was looking forward to this, but if it's this barebones I'm rather going to skip it.
>>
>>315315056
>even fucking Mario Maker felt so dull and lifeless
I know that feel. Most of the menus and transition screens look like they're from generic flash games.
>>
>>315314524
I guess, but there should've been a red light with the lack of a tournament mode. That's like Mario Kart without a GP. In the past Mario would symbolize quality. This might end up being the next Mario Party.
>>
File: b jr.jpg (165 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
b jr.jpg
165 KB, 1280x720
>>315314895
It's an interesting change, little guy could use a pick me up
>>
Anyone wanna play mario tennis on dolphin? Hosting

or mario party or something
>>
>>315303810
>Galaxy
>groundbreaking
Made me stop buying Mario games. The gravity gimmick made the camera and controls unnecessarily cumbersome. I also missed the large explorable worlds from 64 and Sunshine; and lastly Galaxy was far too easy, Purple Coins on Luigi was the only mission I ever felt was actually difficult.
Haven't bought a 3D Mario platformer since (same with Zelda and Twilight Princess).
>>
>>315315570
I never even seen Eggman do this. Characters are suppose to use their own athletic abilities in these competitions. While Bowser has power, his son has agility.
>>
>>315315056

Same here, I didn't enjoy MM as much as I thought I would. I wish it had more content and stuff to do. The only Mario games I enjoyed recently are 3D World and 8.

I like the older ones better. Annoying. I know it's not me being a nostalgiafag because I wasn't old enough to remember, but I legitimately believe there were more higher quality things since back then things were harder to make and took more skill and patience; also less distraction.
>>
File: b32.jpg (59 KB, 500x410) Image search: [Google]
b32.jpg
59 KB, 500x410
>>315296985
>one stage
what the actual fuck?

ONE STAGE
N
E

S
T
A
G
E
>>
>>315316171
>3D World
I played through that game in co-op, and as I went on, I just felt myself just losing enjoyment and brain cells. Worlds just got more bland and uninspired as they went on, everything really did look like a Fisher Price toy.
MK8 almost ate it, but salvaged everything with a very impressive list of Retro courses, post-Flower Cup courses, and the DLC obviously. Still, loses its charm without friends.
It's definitely being a nostalgiafag, but it's not a bad thing, just a matter of preference. I will always prefer the MK64 Toad Turnpike over MK8 because the music, truck designs, and red & purple sky will always be more appealing to me.
>>
>>315315056
Well I didn't even get it so I don't know how it is. the last game I bought for Wii U was Smash 4 last year.
>>
>>315296985
The fuck is a THPS5?
>>
>>315317120
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5
>>
>they're still making these threads
>>
So since Nintendo is "doomed" and the NX is a couple of years away, is buying a Wii U over a PS4 worth it this holiday season?

I definitely want to play the Nintendo exclusives but don't want to own a brick afterwards.
>>
>>315309667
Isn't simple mode in Ultra Smash just that though? No gimmicks, just skill.
>>
>>315311406
It's $50 with the content of a $10 game.
>>
>>315311878
Yeah, that's definitely OP's channel. He made a Nintendo based channel just to bash Mario Tennis.
>>
>>315299275
Wrong. Kids are smarter than you give them credit for. Case-in-point, my 10 year old nephew was able to, on his own, notice how fucked up Smash 4's physics are and how little fun it is.
>>
>>315318526
>NX is a couple of years away
stopped reading there, it's being released in 2016
>>
I'm looking forward to GameSpot's score of this game. I predict a 3.
>>
File: 1444796890495.png (1 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1444796890495.png
1 MB, 1280x960
>>315313709
>Nintendo game
>"price drop/sale"
>>
>>315322976
>on his own

suure :^)
>>
>>315299468

Camelot's key staff left.
>>
>>315323576
No, seriously. He wanted to play Smash 4, so I turned it on in the next room and showed him how to work the game, then I left. He came out a few minutes later and said he was bored, and watched me play Clock Tower on my Wii instead. When I asked why exactly he didn't like the game, he just said that it controlled weird, like everybody was on the moon.
>>
>>315316171

You're the worst kind of nostalgiafag you hold the newer entries to an unreasonably higher standard than the old ones while pretending you aren't one.

The idea Mario Kart 8 doesn't have the most effort and quality put into it than any other entry is ridiculous. It's the only one that makes the retro tracks I've already played actually feel like Mario Kart 8 tracks hell the approach they take even make the lackluster Sherbet Land of Double Dash into a good track. Whereas when you play Mario Kart Wii for example it's blatantly obvious whenever you're playing a track that belongs in Mario Kart 64 with no attempt to update the layout.

I can understand personal preference for something like Double Dash or maybe you really like the Super Mario Kart or Super Circuit style racing or maybe DS's snaking if you like drifting the whole game. But personal prefernce isn't quality.
>>
>>315324280
*personal preference isn't quality and the older titles would give much sooner under the same level of scrutiny in terms of shortcuts and laziness.
>>
>>315302098
>shitposts

Facts are now shitposts? Oh okay.
>>
>>315303180
Someone didn't bother watching the video.
>>
>>315318498
>you're still defending this trash
>>
The tennis mini game in GTA V has more content than this $50 game. Wow.
>>
File: Mario_Power_Tennis_cover.png (169 KB, 250x354) Image search: [Google]
Mario_Power_Tennis_cover.png
169 KB, 250x354
>>315296985
>that entire video
What the fuck happened?
>>
>>315322830
But $10 Mario Tennis 64 has more.
>>
>>315296985
>Nothing released since Super Mario Maker has been good
Mario Maker just came out two months ago.
>>
Camelot spent the entire generation making this.

Camelot, you're an RPG dev, stick to RPGs. The sole reason the GBA didn't fail was because of Golden Sun. You should have been making Golden Sun for the Wii U for fuck's sake.
>>
>>315331108
>Camelot, you're an RPG dev, stick to RPGs.
Fuck that, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour and Mario Power Tennis were fucking amazing.
Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.