[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Divinity Original Sin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 23
>daily Divinity Original Sin threads
>"I'll grab it once I'm done with this other game!"
>finally grab it today
>browse /v/
>no one talking about it
Shills come back I want to talk to you about it
I'm currently making characters and I don't know what to do
>>
File: asda.jpg (27 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
asda.jpg
27 KB, 225x300
Just do what you want nigga. Role play.
>>
>>315270356
>I'm currently making characters and I don't know what to do

Don't worry senpai. We all rerolled at least 10 times before we found something we stuck with.
>>
>>315270356
Do whatever you want, even in tactician mode. Crafting and blacksmithing is OP and you get companions to help you out. And you will get to respec later on in the game anyway. Also you can steal entire Cyseal and buy skill books.
>>
>>315270609
Wait if I find companions this means I must avoid the skills they have, right?

Like if I find a crafter I shouldn't level up crafting myself
>>
>>315270609
>Do whatever you want, even in tactician mode

Nice meme. If you pick melee dex or lone wolf in tactician mode you're fucked.
>>
>130hrs in beta
>full game release
>never touch it again
>>
File: 1361376138377.jpg (7 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1361376138377.jpg
7 KB, 500x500
>>315270723
Whoa I'm not going tactician mode people say it's brutal
>>
Haven't played the game since release, is that leech perk still OP?
>>
>my stronk female amazon can't have muscles
>my fragile male mage looks like Bulky McHuge
>armors are still censored
>no boobplate
>uninstall
>>
>>315270807
I wouldn't recommend it as your first playthrough but I went in blind with an air/water mage and a pure 1h warrior and I haven't had nearly as much trouble as people say.
>>
>>315270723
Not really. You can get great weapons with blacksmithing and make early game quite easy.

>>315270698
Yes
Jahan (water/air mage) has crafting, so if you plan on taking him you don't need it on your mains.
>>
>>315270850
Leech was nerfed back in original in one of the patches. Not sure if it's any different in EE. But I don't think it's OP.
>>
How is crafting and blacksmithing op?
The first tiem I played I never crafted anything and I only used blacksmithing to enchant weapons and armors. Am I missing out?
>>
File: what.jpg (10 KB, 252x38) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
10 KB, 252x38
what the fuck is this? I played the game a ton around when it first released and haven't looked at it since, and now I have the "enhanced edition" in my library?

what does that add?
>>
>>315271263
It lets you make a lot of nifty things (such as adding 9 inch nails to any pair of boots to become immune to falling) as well as craft stronger equipment than you would find.
>>
>>315271263
Crafting:
You can make special arrows really easy (there is still that trick with barrels, for example dipping arrow into a poison barrel gives you poison arrow) and bombs. Both are really good.

Blacksmith: You create a LOT better weapons that you will find in chests normally. And now with dual wield being really good, having 2 extra good weapons makes a big difference.
>>
>>315271263
You can make better equipment than what you find (not necessary in normal mode by any means).
>>
>>315271320
Everything is voiced, better graphics, new tactician mode, new spells, talents, abilities, dual wield, wands, grenades etc.
>>
File: 1375738025195.jpg (51 KB, 430x645) Image search: [Google]
1375738025195.jpg
51 KB, 430x645
>Divinity EE is 100 times the RPG FO4 will be
>FO4 leaks show that it is utter fucking shit
>FO4 will win GOTY
>Divinity will never get the recognition it deserves because it doesn't cater to casuals

Feels fucking bad man
>>
So from release I remember the meta being:

Lone Wolf + Glass Cannon + Leech being the most ridiculous shit, and rogue/ranger/arrow guy being pretty much worthless

wat changed
>>
>>315270356
man this game was fucking overrated

bloated unfunny dialog
unrewarding and repetitive combat
dat last half of the game
>>
>>315271413
>>315271451
>>315271381
Well, I'll try it then. I have good luck with drop and most of my equipment is purple (at least for the weapons)

Is there some tips for combat, how to handle crowd control and that type of thing?
I did play the game in normal mode last time but now in EE I went into explorer mode halfway Cyseal because I just couldn't handle all the crowd control, I kept dying like a bitch.
>>
>>315271560
>can't use lone wolf and glass cannon together
>leech got nerfed ages ago
>rogues/rangers are decent now
>crossbow starter class
alot of other shit too
>>
>friend is playing this, asked me/recommend i buy the game when it first came out.
>bought the game on a sale awhile later for $20
> friend slowly begins to become more and more of a d-bag guy just won't play games with my anymore. seems to have some kinda fucking resentment towards me.
>been e-friends for almost 10 years....
>ask him to play/game over 10 times in like a 6ish month time frame, everytime its bullshit excuses or he flat out says he hates the game.
>Ask him to game the other day, says that game i bought him was the worst game hes ever played.

Damn /v/ i'm thinking of a nice way to end this friendship but it sucks things have gone this way.
>>
>>315271560
You CAN'T combine Lone Wolf with glass canon anymore. Also GC is nerfed, it gives only 4 extra AP now. Lone wolf was slightly buffed. Leech was nerfed in original in a patch IIRC.

Arrow guys were never useless, especially with sneak and guerilla being good (now they suck), people were just too lazy to make special arrows (and it's easy to have shit ton of them). Rogues are good because of dual wield even though sneaking is useless.
>>
>Playing as a sweet talking archer with dex for days
>friend playing as holier than thou paladin
I've never had so much fun in a game. I feel like mages are OP as fuck though.
>>
I'm keen to get into a good old school RPG.

Would people suggest POE or Divinity EE?
>>
>>315271787
Divinity has superior combat mechanics, but PoE has better writing and characters.
>>
>>315271787
Depends. Which one interest you more?
Story and characters? PoE
Combat system and questing? Divinity
>>
>>315271787
I am playing both at the same time and that's what I would recommend.
>>
>>315271747
Mages are OP at first but they become more relegated to crowd control/support as the game advances.
>>
>>315271667
>Is there some tips for combat, how to handle crowd control and that type of thing?

That depends on your characters. But every class has some CC, also don't forget about debuffs. Summoned spider has a good debuff, maelicition (spelling) has the same one (witchcraft spell), teleport is awesome for repositioning enemies etc. And if you want to cheese you can take barrels with you and position them before fights and explode them when the time is right.
>>
should i be using a wand or staff on my magic user?
>>
File: EoCApp 2015-11-03 15-35-48-29.jpg (632 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
EoCApp 2015-11-03 15-35-48-29.jpg
632 KB, 1680x1050
OP here, I went with Man-at-Arms 1, Two Handers 1, Charisma 1 and Bodybuilding & Willpower 1 on my 2H knight. I picked Pet Pal too so he can talk to animals since he's the charisma/leader guy.

I made a wizard for my second character, with Wands 1, Witchcraft 1, Geomancer 1, Willpower 1 and Loremaster 1

I'm hoping to find that crafter/water/air mage quickly and then hopefully find a thief type with telekinesis, stealth, pickpocket etc for stealing things

I wish I had more skill points
>>
>>315270356
>I'm currently making characters and I don't know what to do
I don't think video games are for you honey.
>>
Am i fucked if i go with 2 Lone wolf characters?

Was thinking of either going 2hand warrior + 1hand warrior or 2hand warrior + some kind of mage that doesn't friendly fire my 2hand warrior all the time.
>>
>>315271560
cant get lone wolf and glass cannon together (get one reds out the other), and leech soaks up very large pools of blood and only heals for a low % now (somewhere between 1-3% max), so you cant just dance around in a blood pool and get full healed, once you touch the blood, a very large area disappears.

the way you learn skills is completely retooled (skills come in 3 tiers, novice, adept and master that are unlocked as you level that skill class). almost all of the worthless shit skills are gone, a lot are much better i.e. ranged power stance now has -%aim penalty instead of +action point penalty, all of the elemental buff and cleansing spells are multi-purpose in some way, rogues can get an ability that lets them hover over terrain so they dont have to walk through fire/poison and can even hover over lava

A few of the puzzles have been reworked (i just got to luculla mines) and a lot of the fights have been reworked especially in tactician mode so definitely need more strategy even in mid-late game when you have a lot of skills.

wands and grenades are pretty fucking strong though. theres an AOE charm grenade which makes some of the large group fights ezpz when the enemies just kill each other (honestly not sure how you would deal with them otherwise on tactician difficulty)

theres still a few bugs right now, even some old bugs from the initial full version which is pretty silly (some side quest items for no reason)

All in all feels like a whole new game and I was finishing my first play-thru when they announced EE. Fully enjoying EE despite having just finished the vanilla version last weekend
>>
Is DW berzerker viable?
>>
>>315272431
Try it and see, rather than asking if its "viable". This game lets you try things, stop being a faggot asking other people.
>>
>>315272196
>some kind of mage that doesn't friendly fire my 2hand warrior all the time.
It's called shields.
>>
>>315272154
>I'm hoping to find that crafter/water/air mage quickly

He is in first town.

Also you don't have a pyro to combo with geo, it's pretty goof.
>>
>>315272145
with the way they made wands, there's pretty much 0 reason to use a staff now

theres a new craftable staff in the game but you have to collect pieces of it before you can make it..i've only found a few of the different pieces so far

but wands are sick because they can proc elemental effects like burning, freezing etc
>>
I feel forced to not pair melee and magic characters because everytime i cast a spell it also hits my melee characters that stand next to it, and having to walk away from my enemy as a melee character so my own mage doesn't hit me sounds fucking retarded. It's either full melee, or full ranged, isn't it?
>>
>>315272484
Won't be able to play for another month and a half. Was just curious.
>>
>>315271871
>but PoE has better writing and characters.

The writing is even worse than OS.
>>
>>315270356
I really like how EE has made the game popular again so we have threads about it since the "re"-release and I don't have to make threads trying to ask my stupid one-off questions.

Speaking of, what exact materials do I need to make my own daggers?

>trying to see my backstab window radius on a map with a bright floor
>>
>>315271871
>>315271887

Awesome, I might start with POE, then jump into Divinity for my TOEE fix.

>>315271931

I like it.
>>
>>315272786
No, you are being bad with your caster. Blow up the enemies with the big stuff before your melee gets there, put regeneration on melee so they don't give a fuck about giant circles of fire, then switch to cc, debuffs, and single target damage, or blow up the enemy ranged. Just stop trying to throw fireballs in the middle of a fight
>>
>>315271787
>PoE
Would anybody know if you can play a pirated copy of the DLC with a bought edition of the game?
>>
>Playing with friend
>He makes a caster
>begins to dump ability points into every school of magic so he can have spells to cast.
>Loremaster so he can ID stuff
>And crafting so he can make stuff.
>gets butthurt when I put blacksmithing on one of the hireable followers and to craft some things.
>gets mad when I decide to read / listen to what an npc says because "he wants to move forward"
>Takes forever to buy and sell shit in town.
>Can't figure out what to cast on his turn because so many spells but none of them deal damage.
>Eventually just says magic is shit and wants to respec.
I shouldn't have played with a friend.

>>315272145
Wand, dual wielding wands is the best thing. It gets damage bonus from the wand skill while also getting the reduced ap and reducing the damage penalty from dual wielding.
I think this is how its supposed to work but currently dual wielding single handed weapons doesn't get a damage boost like wands do for some reason
>>
>>315273179
>I might start with POE

Don't, you'll it at the end.

And if you do, get ready to abuse doors when dealing with a lots of enemies.
>>
>>315272786
>>315272514
>>
>>315271871

>PoE
>good writing

IIRC, the priest was pretty decent, but all the other writing was just awful
>>
>>315273340
>not playing with a friend who is sticking with a plan

Currently playing with my girlfriend and we're just going lone wolves, so its the 2 of us. I do the ranged damage via crossbow/grenades, and the crafting/identifying, while she does the close range damage/blacksmithing and we share healing.

Before that I was 1h/shield with heals/crafting while she was a rogue/mage. She stretched herself too thin and we had to start over, but we did well.
>>
Should I play tactician mode? Is it super hard?
>>
>>315272574
Okay I dropped the mage's point in willpower to grab pyro as well as geo and witchcraft

But I don't have any witch spells now, I only have boulder bash, summon spider and flare
I hope it works out
>>
>>315273249
Goddommit please respond.

It shouldn't really matter, right? I could pirate the DLC, throw it in my install dir in my Steam folder, and rock and roll. Theoretically.
>>
I'm having FUCKLOADS of fun but I'm still using starter skills on lvl7

where does one get more?
>>
>>315273775
It's very challenging in a good way. I don't think it's super hard but you will have to quick save and load a lot.
>>
>>315273894
In silverglen...you're almost there.
>>
>>315273863
It's good, best witchcraft spell at lvl 1 does what your spider does anyway and you will be able to buy skill books in the first town. >>315273894
Buy skill books
>>
>>315273963
What? There's vendors of all kinds in Cyseal. Talk to people.
>>
So I'm L6 and playing a Lone Wolf Scoundrel/Aero + Aero/Witchcraft combo. My support caster also has one in Hydro for the heal spell. What should I be doing to give myself any fire related ability? (in case I need to blow something up like poison, or any other element I'm missing). I played the original edition when it released and my team makeup was wonky but I had all the bases covered.
>>
>>315273875

I don't know, some steam games are weird about pirated dlc, it depends I think on whether the game checks you steamID or somesuch.

Like, I know you can play pirated Crusader Kings 2 dlc with the steam version as long as you use the pirated "dlc activator", but sometimes with other games just throwing the dlc folders in isn't good enough

try it and report back
>>
>>315274046
Well of course the vendors have skillbooks and things as you level up, but I found that Silverglen has better skillbooks, at least for me.
>>
>>315274096
>What should I be doing to give myself any fire related ability?

Fire wand/staff, fire grenade, or getting a point into pyro and getting a flare skillbook.
>>
>>315273875
Just pirate the gog version and transfer your saves
>>
>>315274125
Yeah maybe. I know with Skyrimjob, you can pirate all the DLC and play those with no problem. Not pirated related but you can even pirate some games and play multiplayer with people who bought with no problems.

I guess I could give it a shot or something.

>>315274187
Shit that's actually a good idea. I'll keep an eye out for a fire wand.

>>315274269
I suppose but that's a lot of effort. Is it difficult or taxing to transfer saves? Or just copy/pasting into a folder?
>>
Are wands always superior to staffs?

If i go for wands, should i just dual wield them, ignore the wands ability, and put points into dual wielding or is there other useful stuff i can put in my characters offhand that makes 1handed wand useful?
>>
Is Leadership worth bothering with in any way?
>>
>>315274527
>Or just copy/pasting into a folder?
If they are compatible i'm guessing it's just a copy/paste or maybe not since the save aren't in the steam folder
>>
>>315274873
Yes, gives buffs to 3 other members and things like 10%dmg and 10% chance to hit are pretty good. Also gives willpower to obedient ones. I think it's good in tactician mode with companions.
>>
>>315274873
You should have one character with high leadership. Keep in mind that the character with the skill doesn't get the bonuses, so you should have it on a support character.
>>
File: 1289525335314.png (99 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
1289525335314.png
99 KB, 220x220
I just fought the first battle with the three undead at the beach and I'm already having more fun than I did in all of Wasteland 2

>throw boulder
>cast flare on the oil
>mfw

Also finally flanking bonuses, fuck turn based games with no flanking bonuses and fuck D&D 5E for getting rid of it and making all fights static as fuck
>>
>>315275248
I thought as much. Still worth on a two-man team?
>>
>>315275617
Nahh, the skill's value obviously increases and decreases with your party size.
>>
Is there a sweet spot for attributes?
>>
So what's the deal with Raddagoth?
>>
>>315276008
You should level the most relevant stats to your build at the same pace because of increasing costs.
>>
>>315272154
>>315272574

Reminder not to read the wiki. I spoiled myself on the air/water wizard's story by reading it, so I'm probably going to get rid of him for someone else. He's in the library on the second floor of the mayor's house.
>>
File: 1428406734260.jpg (49 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
1428406734260.jpg
49 KB, 460x276
>they removed more skills than added
>>
I'm picking up all sorts of things like shells, candles, skulls, they will be useful somewhere right
>>
>>315277061
>skulls
Skulls are used for crafting
>>
File: 1446136102944.png (13 KB, 85x85) Image search: [Google]
1446136102944.png
13 KB, 85x85
How hard did bows get nerfed?
>>
So I'm just starting this game. Not the original, not enhanced. Is there a patch for it, or do I have to download the whole thing again? Anyway, just wondering what class I should start with. Is melee better then magic or any tips would be good.
>>
>>315277778
>Not the original, not enhanced

???
>>
File: so innocent and pure.png (12 KB, 105x225) Image search: [Google]
so innocent and pure.png
12 KB, 105x225
>>315277778
>Not the original, not enhanced
>>
Question, did mages finally get balanced?

Or they are still 98% of the combat's flow and direction.
>>
File: 1434562102340.jpg (84 KB, 600x484) Image search: [Google]
1434562102340.jpg
84 KB, 600x484
>>315277829
>>315277851
The original, not enhanced. Fuck
>>
I want to like this game. I put in about 24 hours into the original but never got past the second town. I just couldn't sit and play it for long periods of time.

The enhanced edition fixed a lot of issues and combat feels less tedious on classic mode but I still can't really get into it as much as I'd like.

Maybe if I keep going I'll get into it.
>>
>>315278043
Enhanced is its own game
>>
>>315278043
Why would you do that? But yeah, they're different games, not an update. Also means you can't import your games afaik.
A mix of both is best, they all have their strengths.

>>315278058
The first town is the best part of the game, if you don't like it you won't like the rest.
>>
>>315277778
>>315278043
Get enhanced. I don't think save files are compatible at all.
I prefer to go with a mage and a warrior. Never cared much for the marksmen or dickass thieves.
>>
>>315278236
>Why would you do that?
I pirated it ages ago. I'm going to do a mage and a Rouge I think
>>
>>315270356
I wanted to make a thrower, hauling around wine kegs, but then I learned to disconnected strength from telekineses so now there's no point.

they also removed bloodletting entirely, because they're fucking assholes. who hate it when people have fun.

ruined the voices.
still haven't fixed the loot tables.
larian can go to hell
>>
File: niggerdicks.png (12 KB, 863x182) Image search: [Google]
niggerdicks.png
12 KB, 863x182
>>315273249
This rarely ever happens to me but goddamn to go THAT FUCKING FAR before losing all speed.
>>
So guys, what's the value of telekinesis at the end of the day? For the purposes of setting up a fight, a high strength character seems to be enough for hurling barrels.
>>
>level 7
>don't know what talents to pick
>Madora and Wolgraff have 1 unspent
>my 2 mages have 2
This shit happens all the time to me.
>>
Are there really only fucking 4 companions in this game? What the fuck
>>
>>315279570
>what's the value of telekinesis at the end of the day?
Looting stuff easily while sneaking. Moving stuff from extremely far away with ease. Try stacking some telekinesis on some rings and armor and see how far away you can reach from. It's pretty silly.
>>
>>315279690
There's henchmen, who are very diverse but don't have flavor text or quests.
>>
It won't get passed the opening logo. I'm on Windows 10 on a fairly powerful machine. I installed the game on an older machine and it works fine but looks jank. Anyone have to deal with crashing on Win 10?
>>
>>315279897
Well there's your problem, you're using windows 10
>>
baka desu senpai
>>
Are damage spells still fucking useless in Enhanced Edition once you hit midgame?

While Man-At-Arms abilities scaled both with weapon damage and strength, spells only scaled with int in the original game so the higher level you were the weaker spells were compared to melee.

Is it still like that?
>>
b-bump
>>
>>315279972
;_; I just want to play meng.
>>
Game has fun combat. Everything else is trash.

Horrible writing, too much of the horrible writing, 99% of lootable objects are useless crap, pixel hunts, rock paper scissors minigame, etc.

Not a good game.
>>
Is there a difficulty setting harder than regular but not completely broken like Tactician?

if I find the game too easy later on, can I switch to Tactician halfway through?
>>
>>315282807
no
no
tactician isn't broken.
>>
>>315272272
How to make Smoke Grenades?
>>
How do I fucking make daggers?
>>
>>315282954
But everyone kept saying that they lost the first fight on Tactician

Does it get more manageable later on?
Is it fun or do you quickload every other fight?
>>
Is there a list of Adventurer's Weapon Upgrade Kit locations yet?
Can't fucking find the bow upgrade
>>
>>315283191
quickload twice a minute
>>
>>315283191
I'm playing Tactician right now and I am literally almost at the final boss
>>
>>315283586
Tier 1 is somewhere in Hibernheim, Tier 2 is if I'm not mistaken either in Troll King's lair or in Maradino's tomb. Tier 3 is next to Cassanadra
>>
>>315283697
Did you play it for the first time on tactician though or is this your second playthrough
>>
>>315272731
>>315273340
I didn't start as an inquis because I wasn't sure if dual wielding was worth the investment. it totally seems like it is though?
>>
Buff and debuff spells don't scale at all, right?
I can just pick up a few buffs from some of the level 1 spell schools and they won't be any weaker because of my lack of int, right?
>>
>>315283802
Suppose it's my 2nd since I beat the original. Game modes a la Tactician aren't normally meant for people's first playthroughs anyway
>>
Should I be prioritizing Body/Will over Weapon/Magics? Sure sucks shit being affected by every fucking status.
>>
>>315283861
Low int lowers their chances for success, same as high int raises the chances. Like a Mage might have 150% chance to inflict frozen, and the enemy has 75%chance to resist frozen, that makes the odds 75% chance to inflict frozen
>>
>>315283925
Okay I'll stick to my current playthrough on regular then
But I hope it doesn't become a walk in the park
>>
>>315283861
It'll lower your chance to successfully cast it and probably make the cooldown longer, but it shouldn't affect the effect of the spell
>>
>>315282807
>tactician
>broken

after first fight, it's easy, if you pick spider skill you can kill all skeletons in first fight without losing any HP.
>>
>>315284069
>>315284074

Wait, what? Buffs can be resisted by your party? I thought that's only for debuffs.
>>
>>315284031
Depends on your playstyle, I tend to just cc everyone who an inflict the major debuffs, and kill them off with my auto/scoundrel as quickly as possible. You might just want to face tank them, and in that case, yea you want high body/will
>>
>>315284229
Like if you have low stats and try to cast Oath of Desecration you might only have an 80% chance to actually cast it, and a 20% chance to fail and do nothing.
For debuffs you also have to consider your enemy's resistances in addition to your chance of success.
Also read the tooltip it literally tells you your chance at successfully doing something
>>
Anyone else find this game hard as fucking balls? It's so scripted- if you don't follow this linear questline you will get fucked so fast.
And I mean that's fine, sure, no problems at all, but does it really have to be so fucking percise? I mean 3 wrong steps out Cyseal and it's zombiedog cock for dinner
>>
>>315284261
I meant for my team, not opponents. I think I only have one in each for my guys.
>>
>>315284229
Not resisted, but look at it this way. Your character can cast "oath of desecration" for a 40% damage buff. Normally this is 100% chance of inflicting the buff, but your character has slightly low int, and gets a 10% penalty. This mean that character only has a 90% chance of actually giving someone a buff and a 10% chance to putt the buff on cool down and waste their time
>>
>>315275398
I like 5E, wizard buffs are always welcome
>>
What talents to get on sword and board, full man at arms? Pretty much stuck to the cleric preset.
>>
>>315284464
That's what I meant too, if you want to just cc and assassinate enemy archers/mages, build for it. If you want to shrug off the effects like they aren't even shit, build for that
>>
>>315284702
Barbed wire, defensive stance, and it would be smart to put at least 1 point into hydro for regeneration, or carry around a stack of regen scrolls
>>
Does Wand damage scale with int?
Do the spells you get from equipping wands scale with int?
Should you always be dual wielding wands if you want to use wands, or are there any useful offhands for casters?

Normal spells only scale with intelligence, not weapon damage, so Staffs are pretty fucking useless, right?
>>
>>315283802
I am doing my first play through on tactician, and yeah, its extremely hard in some ways, but if you play intelligently and look before you leap, and set up fights, you can mostly do good.
>>
It seems a lot of people don't realize, but this game doesn't have any classes.
The "classes" at the start of the game are just presets.
If you press the customize button you can manually pick out all the skills, talents, attributes and stuff to create a "custom" class so to speak.
The only thing that the preset classes actually dictate is starting equipment (which you replace literally within first hour of the game).
>>
>>315284702
Barbed wire and that turtle one are good.
>>
>mage dropping oil and poison everywhere
>gives warrior oath of desecration
>max fire resist
>flame shield spell
>battering ram
>explode
>whirlwind
>dust devil
>fireball
>I am become death
>>
>>315284702
Man at Arms is not "Cleric". Cleric is just one of the preset paths, but Man at Arms is the core of like 5 of them, Fighter, Knight, Cleric, Spellblade and some other.
>>
ALL THE FUCKING INTERACTABLE/PICKABLE STUFF THAT'S IN THE OPEN IS REALLY TRIGGERING MY OCD, FUCK.
I preferred Baldur's Gate and shit much more precisely because it didn't have have literally thousands of things littered all over the place everywhere.
I keep getting worried I will somehow miss out on something important/cool stuck inbetween all the clutter so my OCD just compels me to pick up everything.
How the fuck do I deal with this? Please help.
>>
>>315285529
Your bullshit is getting old.
>>
>>315284702
Preset classes are just starting stat presets, you can pick knight and make him full wizard if you wanted. you would just have useless stats and skills.
>>
>>315285754
What bullshit? Those are facts though.
>>
>>315270983
>my stronk female amazon can't have muscles
This is a fucking travesty desu. The one thing I wanted the most out of EE.
>>
>>315285794
>you would just have useless stats and skills
Actually you can just pick Knight, press customize, remove all the points spent on his Knight shit and put them into purely Wizard stuff, gg you now have a "Knight" in name only that's actually a pure wizard.
There's a reason why the game never refers to characters by class you retards, because there are no classes, just presets.
>>
>>315285951
They really should've made 3 body types per gender.
Slim/Normal/Beefcake
>>
>>315285971
And nothing was mentioned about class. It says fucking preset and you fucks always want to bring up about there not being any classes.
>>
>>315286068
Slim is normal. Should have been slim/fat/buff.
>>
>>315274645
wands:
>less damage
>3 ap per attack
>can fire attacks as long as you have ap
>can be dual wielded (damage penalty, 5ap per attack)
>comes with a free spell that can be used a limited number of times
>no melee

staff:
>higher damage
>4 ap per attack
>2 handed weapon
>can only fire once per turn
>can be used as a melee weapon

I prefer wands myself since they allow me to attack several times per turn.
>>
>>315284729
Well alright. I have decent offensive ability so far but I definitely need more protection from EVERYTHING.
>>
>>315286534
A trick I found about environmental effect is you can almost always turn it into burning ground in 1-2 spells, and then fire shield your melee. I haven't had to use any of the other enviro shields very much at all
>>
>>315286194
No, slim is not normal.
Normal is supposed to be your "Average Joe/Jane" type of body.
With slim I'm thinking malnourished/twink type body for males and petite/A-cup with no ass for females (basically Lightning).
>>
Does Wand damage scale with int?
Do the spells you get from equipping wands scale with int?
Should you always be dual wielding wands if you want to use wands, or are there any useful offhands for casters?

Normal spells only scale with intelligence, not weapon damage, so Staffs are pretty fucking useless, right?
>>
>>315286505
my dualwield wands use only 3AP to attack
>>
File: ss (2015-11-03 at 05.54.52).jpg (13 KB, 901x72) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-11-03 at 05.54.52).jpg
13 KB, 901x72
Ending has been remade, but the void dragon is still piss easy
>>
>>315286958
Stags are good stat sticks, and staff of the magus is an alright spell, decent damage if the element is right for only 3 ap
>>
File: Image (16).jpg (943 KB, 2550x3510) Image search: [Google]
Image (16).jpg
943 KB, 2550x3510
>>315286798
She had nice tits in the original. For some reason they took them out in LR

PC PORT WHEN?
>>
>>315287067
How much different is the endgame compared to original? I never played the original and wondering if I should play it just to see the different story the original had in endgame section, or maybe watch it on youtube but I'd need to know which point from onwards would I need to do that.

>>315287257
They actually increased her tits size in LR, but reduced her overall body mass and completely removed her muscle mass. In original and 13-2 she had average/"normal" muscles for an active woman but in LR she's just a a fucking tall 12 year old girl with tits.
>>
File: 1410730146352.png (441 KB, 1600x1548) Image search: [Google]
1410730146352.png
441 KB, 1600x1548
>>315279897

I'm using Windows 10 and have zero issues.
>>
>>315287257
Nice tits but a concave ass make her revolting
>>
>>315287417
Supposedly the ass was never meant to be seen and was just made small model-wise in order to serve as a "rack" for showing off all the costumes.
But then Squeenix executives demanded fanservice costumes for DLC and that's when the problems started, because the costumes are separate models overlayed on top of the body model, instead of just being entirely different character models. This in turn made it very apparent how the base model is just unfit for things like swimsuits but executives said to roll with it anyway.
>>
>>315287407
>never played the original and wondering if I should play it just to see the different story
Eh, don't bother. The very final part of the ending is still there, they just added a lot of stuff before that. In the original you pretty much jumped right to the final boss where as in EE there's a bunch of fights with the remaining antagonists in between.
>>
Balance is a joke in EE and there are too many bugs.

Casters need to go dual-wield wands. Staffs can not compete as they lack DPS and utility.
Compare to wands damage spells are useless and only healing/utility/CC should be taken.
Casters now only have half the spells as many got removed or sorted into silly tiers that make it impossible to take a lot of viable ones.
Rogue backstab damage and scaling is completely broken and trivializes the game.
Grenades are overpowered and remove the need for barrels, arrows and most spells.
Lone Wolf is not viable on highest difficulty nor is Glass Cannon.
Stealth has been nerfed and is now useless in combat.
Strenght builds are inferior to dex builds.
Speed is now the most important character stat after the primary one - no exceptions.
Several talents are broken as they no longer work with changed mechanics.

The voice-overs are often emotionless and unbefitting of the situation.
Roleplaying is still not viable as they didn't remove the trait scaling, still forcing people to take certain answers to retain powerful modifiers.

Multiplayer is about the only redeeming feature and works rather well. I still think the Enhanced Edition is a mess and shameless cash grab. Can't shake the impression that the quality of Larian's games has gone steadily downhill since Divine Divinity.
>>
>>315287845
Oh, so basically it's like Throne of Baal vanilla vs Throne of Baal + Ascension?
>>
>>315287909
how is EE a cash grab when it was free
>>
>>315287978
Actually, I somehow forgot they also added a short segment after the final battle as well. It's just to sort of finish the story, but I don't think it's worth it to play the original just to spot the differences.
>>
>>315287909
>Cash grab
It's literally free and it's also standalone so you've still got the fully patched original if you prefer that.
>>
>>315287909
>Rogue backstab damage and scaling is completely broken and trivializes the game.

Then why does my rogues backstab hit like a wet fucking noodle?
>>
>>315288150
Yeah, that definitely sounds like they basically pulled an Ascension with EE in terms of expanding the ending and adding fights with other antagonists.
Thanks for clarifying, EE it is then.
>>
File: 1437474419579.jpg (133 KB, 728x636) Image search: [Google]
1437474419579.jpg
133 KB, 728x636
>>315287909

>shameless cash grab

Nigga it's free to people who bought the original.
>>
>>315287909
>Strenght builds are inferior to dex builds.
>Grenades are overpowered and remove the need for barrels, arrows and most spells.
>Rogue backstab damage and scaling is completely broken and trivializes the game.

Confirmed for hasn't even played EE
>>
>>315270356
Brehs so you're in the black cove. You beat the giant abomination and in the room past him there's the trap door down to the skelly pirates. Right past the trap door though there's the gate to the harbour but the key is on the other side. How do I get the gate open? It looks like there's a dragon down there.
>>
>>315288897
Teleporter pyramids or teleport a party member through I think
>>
>>315288723
And you haven't played beyond level 5 it seems. :^)
>>
>>315271517
be glad it doesn't appeal to casuals, why do you think FO4 is so shit?
>>
>>315270723
Playing double lone wolf on tactician mode perceptionhunter+everythingmage, skilling like a retard and still rape everything.

Could just be crossbows with billions of crit chance being broken though.

Only issue I have right now is that I killed Braccus an Victoria still hasnt respawned her forgotten faery language book. I checked in the beginning but couldnt buy it becuase nomoney. Later it was gone and it didnt respawn after checking after each level up. Even if I kill her it doesnt drop. help

Also currently level 10,5.
>>
>>315285696
Try to challenge yourself into beating the game without picking anything up. Game gets a lot easier if you steal everything, so in not doing that you just use stuff that you find from monsters or trading.
>>
>>315286965
did you raise dual wield? I didn't touch it yet
>>
>>315288114
>>315288218
>>315288391
The only reason for the EE to exist is because they want to sell it to the console audience to increase their revenue stream to fund any new development. The "Enhanced Edition" in itself is supposed to be advertised as "it fixed everything people said is bad about DivOS" - which is very far from the truth. The game has the same flaws it ever had, is even more of a convoluted design mess and ridden with pathing, quest logic and script bugs. Larian is just trying to grab money from new customers with an initial "b-but it fixes everything" hype created from PC players who in most part didn't even finish a single playthrough of the original because of all its flaws. As such the Enhanced Edition is nothing but a cash grab. It's not Larian's "free gift to mankind" as everyone pretends it to be.
>>
>>315289120
>forgotten faery language book
whats it for?
>>
>>315289589
I dont really remember. Its for reading some stuff and opening some chest in Hilberheim but I dont remember what was in it. I still want it tho.
>>
>>315289509
>console release is a cash crab
literally fuck yourself

I fully agree with Larians sales arguments being retarded but the PC release is free and the console release is a console release. It would be a cash crab if the PC release werent free.
>>
>>315289509
Yeah, but see, they're not grabbing my cash. I only had to pay once.

And then they'll take all that dirty peasant money and invest it in the next game. Sounds like a great plan to me.
>>
>>315285410
What about Twins-By-Fire-Joined?
>>
>>315289120
Is it possible to reach Silverglen at level 11?
>>
>>315289194
But I'm worried about missing critical stuff if I don't pick everything up. Like there might be unique object, or unique book with unique lore piece, stuff like that.
>>
So how's the PS4 version? I remember trying this game a few months ago on pc, but wasn't too enthused by it. I'll give it another shot though if this ends up being another D3 situation, where the console version of the game ends up being arguably better than the pc version.
>>
File: fuck brognar.jpg (972 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fuck brognar.jpg
972 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone else kill Broggnar on his brother's grave?
>>
>got the original and played it for a few hours
>enjoyed what I had played but couldn't commit the time to it I wanted
>check and see I got EE for free
>reinstalling it now

Thinking I am going to go dick ass thief and some sort of caster. Maybe like a battle mage type
>>
Are there more optional bosses like Bellegar?
>>
>>315289327
yes, it's pointless to use 2 weapons otherwise
>>
>>315291010
The PC version is the same as the console version, except the console version is locked at 30 fps. You can play with a DS4 on PC too and gamepad support is really well done in my opinion. I just sit cozy in bed and play.
>>
Every time I play a game like this, I start considering a life of crime. It looks so easy, just go into peoples houses and take all the gold things and paintings.
>>
File: EoCApp 2015-11-03 20-01-43-27.jpg (1 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
EoCApp 2015-11-03 20-01-43-27.jpg
1 MB, 1680x1050
How much strength would I need to put the furnace into my backpack?
>>
>>315272431
There is pretty much no reason to DW anything except wands and DEX weapons
For STR builds just take a 2 handed weapon. The reason why you use DW on DEX weapons is because there's no DEX 2 handers and a single rapier just isnt very impressive damagewise, but 2 handers dont have that problem
>>
>>315293298
Have you tried right clicking it to find out?

Btw, it took me so long to find that. Where's the oven tho? I still haven't made my damn pizza you hear about in the first book you pick up.
>>
>>315283191
> buddy and I playing on tactician.
> both of us not really knowing what the hell we're in for in EE
> thought the first encounter was scripted and meant to happen
> sneaking around as rocks on the beach
> COMPLETELY skip first encounter.
>miss out on sick XP
> feels bad man
We RIP'd on first encounter with undead outside of town though. Every other flight was a good challenge until we got stun locked. Would RIP again
>>
>>315290578

Yes easy

Mobs there start around lvl 11- 12
>>
Is this worth getting on Xbone?

I've been itching for an RPG with a lot of loot, and I started playing Diablo 3 again but I'm already getting somewhat bored with it just because I've played it so much in the past. Should I pick this up instead?
>>
>>315293928
Go to the inn, there's a campfire there.
Combine it with a cooking pot (you find one in the inn's cellar).
You now have a mobile kitchen (it's an object in the world, not in your inventory).
>>
What are the best talents for mages and Warriors?
I see Far-OutMan , KnowItAll, Stench and Voluble Mage for Wizards.
can't see anything must have for a melee warrior, maybe those grenades one if I chose too play with them.
>>
>>315296110
Oh silly me I overlooked Oportunist, that's probably the best talents for melees. Can't really make up my mind about the rest.
>>
Can I still convert 1 Talent point into 10 Ability points in EE? is there a limit on how many times I can do that?
>>
>>315295867
Anyone?
>>
I'm picking the rogue type companion, should I keep him dagger spec or turn him into an archer?
I'd like an archer but I'd only have one melee, my 2H main char
>>
I played the original up to the second chapter when it went out, then got stuck because I made shitty characters
What does the enhances version change?
>>
>>315271009
/v/ isn't good at anything that isn't GMOD esque or Nintendo.
Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.