[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HELP WHY THE FUCK AM I GETTING A REPUTATION DECREASE FOR KILLING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 90
File: 1446203619489.png (62 KB, 366x413) Image search: [Google]
1446203619489.png
62 KB, 366x413
HELP

WHY THE FUCK AM I GETTING A REPUTATION DECREASE FOR KILLING BANDITS THAT KEEP TRYING/HITTING WOMEN.

THE FUCK.

Also have I fucked up:
>1st day
>Kept the schmowder
>Told the kid that was hiding the butcher that if he helped the butcher escape I would do him a favor in 4 days
>Figured out Simon was infected by Isidor
>Told the one medic figure hiding at the Kains that he needed to dispose of the body and take decon precautions and be prepared for another outbreak
>Told Victor Kain of the singer's corpse found in her house, opted not to arrest her, but keep an eye on her.
>Been selling trinkits for food and shit

Am I doing good?
>>
I'm on day 1 with the Bachelor right now and I've exhausted all my talking options with the Mistresses and I'm not sure what to do now. Also they said I need to destroy some poison the kids made in a building by a stair ruin. I have no clue where the fuck that is and they said I can see it from the second story of the Inn but there's no windows there

Really digging the atmosphere of the game so far though
>>
>>315247317
>I have no clue where the fuck that is and they said I can see it from the second story of the Inn but there's no windows there

You can't actually see it, it's just another way of saying it's nearby. It's in the middle portion fo the map, right across the bridge from where you and Eva are staying. If your looking at the stair ruins from the map, it's directly south. Just try all the doors until you get inside one, and then go upstairs.

Also
Don't sell the schmowder to Anna when she says she will buy it from you to be destroyed. The description says you may need it.
>>
File: f4.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
f4.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>315247083
this isnt as easy as dark souls

you should start batchelor first he gets less hardcore start

ripper is considered hard by ruskies so you know...

ripper first day (finished it 2 days ago) goes like this: kill / chase dogboy, cure guy in the cementary (now normal folk will stop attacking but not guards), go to your father house, kill 2 guards near aspiary ( for key)kill guard near the house entrance (use 3 bullets total) tallk to the boy there, talk kids again and graff. go talk to batchelor and day is done. go railway and kill 4 guys there get the sawn off shotgun.
Ripper is hardcore - you know what to do but you still will get shat on.
>>
>>315249489
Nigga what, I am playing as Bachelor.
>>
FFFFUCK
DAY 9 AS BACHELOR AND I'M STUCK INSIDE THE POLYHEDRON, I CAN'T GET OUT

FUCKING STUCK HOLY SHIT THIS BUG GAME BREAKING
>>
>city run by bandits
>start beating up bandits
>they fucking hate you

no shit, sherlock
>>
>>315247083
>BANDITS
I thought they were people who randomly attacked women because they thought the women were shape shifters or agra-magyaks or whatever the steppe monsters made of wood that suck your guts out are called.
>>
so im stuck on day 3 of bachelors story.

i told the girl who is in contact with the butchers that olgimsky will no longer hunt them down, she said she dispatched 3 butchers to get the tissue i need for rubin. its given me no more info on what to do and theres nothing new marked. i've been trying to look around for what the fuck i need to do and i cant find any fucking information. when i hit Q the only thing added is "The Skinners District is contaminated. I hope one of the thee Butchers the Aspity dispatched there will be able to return with a suitable specimen. no time to procrastinate." no fucking idea what to do next as i cant kill anyone in the skinners district and i dont know where to get the required tissue.
>>
>1st day
>get told that I will die by nightfall which is in four hours unless I can figure out the identity of the killer demon
>lady doesn't give me any help whatsoever

Is this scripted for day 1 or did I really get a bad RNG for my very first playthrough?
>>
>>315250929
Pathologic is one of those games where its excused to look at the walkthrough. Do everyone you possibly can do in a day, and then look at the walkthrough. You'll at least be pointed in the right direction.
>>
>>315251059
Are you playing Bachelor or the surgeon?
>>
>>315251068
thats the problem. everything im finding doesnt help at all. i found one guide on some website that i have to fucking pay a subscription too just to use.

im completely at the mercy of anyone in these threads for help on this thing.
>>
>>315251153

bachelor
>>
>>315251280
You are not lying, I can't one beyond day 1 to....
>>
>>315251360
You start at 8am m8. The fuck?
>>
>>315251678
i can find videos of people playing bachelor in further days but its on the original release and they went about it so differently that when i find the spot im stuck at i cant tell what the fuck happens.

ill be here when/if any anon wants to explain what in the name of unholy fuck im supposed to do. cause if not then i guess im done here and andrey dies.
>>
>>315250929

Go to the infected area that's just left of the apiary and look for guards standing next to butcher corpses. One of them will say that it's victim was taken to the cemetery. quicksave just to be sure. Go there and you'll find three guards about to burn a corpse. If you don't have the money to bribe them they'll attack you, so back out as fast as you can and you'll be safe to collect the sample later
>>
>>315251867
my next question.
my last save is at 20:15.
can i do this in less than 4 in game hours?

thanks for the answer at least.
>>
File: godbless anon.png (182 KB, 324x242) Image search: [Google]
godbless anon.png
182 KB, 324x242
>>315250929
I just passed that bullshit

I wont spoil anything, just go to those points
>>
File: 1351980212681.jpg (23 KB, 287x287) Image search: [Google]
1351980212681.jpg
23 KB, 287x287
>>315252505
>>
This game is something else. I don't think a game with such basic gameplay has ever kept my attention as well as this. I am pumped for the remake if it captures as well as this HD version.

I just finished day 1 and am pumped to learn the history behind the worm, the butchers, why the riot in their factory home.

I know that at some point the russian military comes in with hazmat suits and shit to cleanse the city.
>>
>>315251968
>>315252505
>20:15

nigga what the fuck have you been doing then

You just need to stop fucking around, go to those points and then when they direct you to the cementery just go fucking fast to it, tell the faggots to fuck off and return again sanic speed.

You can do it, but you need to be fast and not fuck around trading
>>
>>315252831
>nigga what the fuck have you been doing then
LOOKING FOR WHAT THE FUCK TO DOOOO

and mismanaging my saving.

but mainly trying to figure this fucking game out without outside assistance.
>>
>>315247083
Hate to be that guy, but what game is this?

Google isn't giving me anything.
>>
hey im trying to play this but the music keeps cutting out

like it'll play for like 4 seconds then silence for like a minute then another 4 seconds of music, what do i do?

tried googling to no avail pls halp
>>
>>315253045
Pathologic Hd editon

It's an anxiety simulator.
>>
>>315247083
>WHY THE FUCK AM I GETTING A REPUTATION DECREASE FOR KILLING BANDITS THAT KEEP TRYING/HITTING WOMEN.
You are not killing bandits: you are killing regular citizens who are participating on "just" witch hunt. Even if it feels wrong to you, the citizens are getting pissed at you for doing it.

>Am I doing good?
Yeah, actually. Sounds you are doing very well. You missed on an opportunity to make quite a lot of dosh by killing the Butcher, but what you have done was probably more "human" decision.

>>315253045
>Hate to be that guy, but what game is this?
Pathologic HD classic - a game from 2005 that just got re-release with a proper translation (original release from 2005 had almost game-breaking bad english localization).

If you want to know more, it's a survival adventure about three people trying to survive for 12 days in a city hit by a terrible plague, set in "pseudo-russia" roughly on the level of end of 19th century. It's generally agreed to be one of the biggest cases of "incredibly rough gem's" and to many of us, an absolute cult classic, but to say it's rough around the edges would be a massive understament.
>>
Sorry but what is this?
>>
>>315251968
>20:15.

How far into the day's quest are you?
if you just have to go get the sample then it's doable if you hurry up.
>>
>>315253383
See >>315253353
Pathologic HD Classic.
>>
>>315253385
yeah, im currently exiting the cemetery at 21:36
>>
>>315253383
Just look at the steam page. It's incredibly hard to explain to be quite honest.
>>
>>315253470
>yeah, im currently exiting the cemetery at 21:36
You should be fine: just do things as quick as possible. You'll probably get attacked by the guard - back off, the game will fade away and you'll appear at Saburov's house. Talk to him, then make a dash for the cemetary again, collect the blood sample, and make a B-line for Rubin's place. Talk to him, use the microscope, talk to him again, and you are done.
>>
How to "end" the day?

I've done everything I feel I possibly can, but I can only sleep for 6 hours.
>>
>>315253069

guys please help my life is spiraling out of control and i need to lose myself for a while and im out of drugs
>>
>>315253639
got that shit done as your post came through.
thank fuck for the rails being open to traverse.
Andrey lives to see another day.
>>
>>315253754
Did you try re-installing? The game is relatively small.
>>
File: metalkid.jpg (53 KB, 633x582) Image search: [Google]
metalkid.jpg
53 KB, 633x582
>>315249489
>(use 3 bullets total)
>>
>>315253689
Just go right back to sleep again. You can do it any time. Just make sure that you finished the quest of the day unless you want your Adherents to get fucked up.

Also, Adherents sounds way better than Bound. I kinda hope they change it back in the remake.
>>
>>315253689
>I've done everything I feel I possibly can, but I can only sleep for 6 hours.
You can only sleep for 6 hours in a row. That said, you can always take a walk between, visit the theatre if it's after midnight, go hunt some thugs or something.
Otherwise, you sleep for 6 hours, then you sleep for six more.

>>315253754
Try re-instal, verify the games cache, and if that still does not work, contact IPL about it. I've checked the forums and the steam group, nobody seems to be reporting similar issues, so it might be a unique or rare bug - in that case getting official support is probably the only thing you can do. IPL are generally fairly quick to respond.
>>
>>315253802

yeah, multiple times, and ill be honest im using a pirated copy, but i tried compatibility mode and updating Openal but it still stutters
>>
Help me out, day 10 on Bachelor:
Peter wants twyrine, but A: I don't want to give it to him and B: I can't find enough, the bar is empty!
>>
>>315254208
I dont know man. I'd just buy the game to be honest. Are you playing the HD or the original edition. The original had a fuck ton more issues.
>>
>>315254318
Nigga Peter somehow died on Day 2 for me.

Is he important?

Like i fucking did all the side-quests in day 2, there was no main quest that day, what the fuck
>>
File: 2015-10-30_00001.jpg (343 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-30_00001.jpg
343 KB, 1680x1050
I just realized what this game is: It's a much more depressing and serious version of the later Persona games.

Tell me I'm wrong. On that topic, posting best girl.
>>
>>315254208
From Skidrow page: To fix the sound error, just go to the game folder, open _CommonRedist\OpenAL\2.0.7.0. and install it.

So you can try that.
You should really support the studio though. Every time you pirate Pathologic, you make Capella cry.
>>
>>315254493
>Is he important?
Ahhh, YEAH. He is your bound.
The quest was there, there is a quest of the day on EVERY day. Did you not read the letter that Saburov send you early in the morning? He send you a very urgent note. Or did you not think of stepping by to Saburov to see how are things going?
>>
>>315254517
>you make Capella cry.
fucking good.
>>
>>315254517
>>315254342

i totally would but bills got me fucked, also using the GOG version with no commonredist directory, but i guess ill just try the cracked ver then
>>
Is there a way in the menu like your diary to know if you completed your daily (main) quest? A quest is conidered over when your diary reads the final bit in **SHITGOESHERE** astericks?
>>
>>315254493
If any one of your Bound die, you're locked into the bad ending. Press T to tell who they are.

Every day has a quest, but some of them aren't given to you at first - make sure to talk to everyone and check a guide if you're still not getting anywhere.

If you press L, you can bring up your letters. You'll get them throughout the day from a variety of people (there's usually the sound of shuffling paper and a symbol in the lower left corner that accompanies a new letter) and many of them point you towards new quests.
>>
>>315254674
Dude i did everything

First thing i did on the morning was check letters, nothing happen, somehow i got Eva telling me she wants to bail the fuck out of town and i follow that quest along side other sidequest, i wrap shit up and end up talking to every major character in the game and then i go to my comfy bed read to midnight to see the theater and then they tell me that peter faggot died.
>>
>>315253353
>>315253129
Thank you! Definitely checking this out.
>>
>>315254830
>check a guide if you're still not getting anywhere.

we've talked about this anon.

>>315251280
>>315251678
>>
what game is this?
>>
>>315254837
Did you actually walk to the station and got told to fuck off?
>>
>>315254830
How do you know if a bound dies? Will you be notified, or does their picture just disappear from the menu?
>>
>>315255052
Yeah, that is when i went to talk to EVERYONE in town who were important because i was thinking something was wrong.

Then i thought "huh maybe this subquests were part of the main quest and i am good now" and then peter rip
>>
>>315254837
>>315254898
You need to talk to Saburov. He'll give you your quest for that day. I just finished Bachelor's scenario, and I made a habit of talking to everybody in town as I made the rounds about town each morning, especially the members of the three head families.
>>
>>315255106
oh you'll know...

you'll fuckin know, anon.
>>
>>315254690
I can understand people having issue with just about every character except for her. She is pretty much the kindest, most non-fucked-up character in the game.

>>315254761
To be honest, I generally think most people who actually will eventually get immersed in the game won't get it out of their memory any time soon, most of them will feel compelled to either buy the game or at least support the remake, so I don't really have that much of an issue with people pirating Pathologic.

>>315254837
Seriously, you must have missed it. It's simple - you get a letter from Saburov very early in the morning, urging you to stop by. Even if you somehow did not get it, talking to Saburov gives you the quest of the day. Reload and try it for yourself. I find it extremely unlikely that there would be a quest-not-spawning bug, because such things never happened with the original game and nobody reported anything similar with the HD re-release.

Or just roll with it, optionally. Losing an Bound is not a game over situation yet. It's a handicap, sure, but not a game over.

>>315254980
See >>315253353
>>
>>315255106
You will be notified at the start of the day, And their house will be locked. A single crowmask will be posted outside.
>>
>>315255143
>>315255185
>>315254898
>>315254830
Oh fuck

I just alt-tabbed and realized something on Day 3

Jesus christ i am fucking dumb, you are talking about Alexander? God damn it i just fucking realized that faggot lives in the back door of the mansion and i spoke to his stupid fucking wife instead of him.

GOD DAMN IT
>>
I NEED TWYRINE
WHERE CAN I GET TWYRINE? THE BAR'S NOT ENOUGH TWYRINE I NEED MORE MOTTO MOTTO
>>
>>315255185
>I can understand people having issue with just about every character except for her. She is pretty much the kindest, most non-fucked-up character in the game.

while i dont doubt thats shes very kind hearted she completely refused to tell me shit about the silent house/isidors house. she sent me to sticky. i also hate kids. maybe ill warm up to her in the days to come. i just started day 4.

>>315255261
riggity rip my nig.

now you have the knowledge to succeed. go forth and conquer.
>>
>>315255321
Militia trades with it I think.
>>
>>315255321
Grief also sells it in sufficient quantities.
>>
>>315255353
Fuck after all the bullshit i did on day 3 i dont feel like doing it again.

Should i continue on without Peter then and roll with the bad ending?
>>
I would kill for some Pathologic wallpapers. I found some concept art wallpaper, but it's way to fucking big.
>>
>>315255457
you've already read all you the dialogue before that. it shouldnt take you very long to catch back up seeing as most of the time playing pathologic is taken up by talking to people. take a break and restart in a bit yo.
>>
>>315255493
Think your in the wrong thread m8.
>>
>>315255261
>Jesus christ i am fucking dumb, you are talking about Alexander?
You are not the only one who made this mistake, if that is of any consolation. We actually had a discussion about this in yesterday's thread. All of the three Circle families have multiple entrances and multiple separated quarters for different family members. Capella has different entrance to Vlad, Maria from Victor, and Katerina from Alexander...

>>315255353
>she completely refused to tell me
Because she flat out does not know. Did you read the wonderful lines about what great spies children make. "They tell you every detail possible. Except they forget to tell you where it was."

You sadly don't have that much dealings with Capella as Bachelor - really just a handful of quests. She is a key character to Haruspex though: she is to him what Maria is to Daniel. She is an incredibly tragic character in a sense, I think the influence of Ray Bradbury is strongest on her.

There is one more really good child character (the leader of the Soul-and-a-half), and one somewhat cool one (Khan), one bat shit insane one (Grace), the rest of the children are varying degrees of annoying.
>>
>>315255403
Hows the translation by the way? He is called Gyps in the original, being a carrion eater an all.
>>
any good lets plays of this? too chicken shit to play it myself
>>
>>315255658
>You are not the only one who made this mistake
yep. made this mistake earlier today. had no clue i was supposed to talk to alex specifically on bachelors day 1. felt real fucking stupid. had no clue that ice pick likes to do different homes in the same building.
>>
>>315255658
Well, to be fair, all Kains live in separate buildings.
>>
>>315255658
>Because she flat out does not know. Did you read the wonderful lines about what great spies children make. "They tell you every detail possible. Except they forget to tell you where it was."

went over my head.

>>315255731
nigga. this game is just unnerving. it isnt scary.

then again im only on day 4.
>>
>>315255673
Some of the changes in terminology feel weird, like Adherents to Bound and the Apiary to the Termitary, but overall I'd say it's totally serviceable. It is entirely comprehensible.

>>315255731
It's not even spoopy, senpai. More upsetting, stressful and depressing.
>>
>>315255947
The game is a great example of a Lovecraftian game done right: Lots of unnerving horror that isn't directly seen, but plenty of evidence to say that it or something is there.

It really is like The Shadow over Innsmouth, just in a much longer time span.
>>
>>315256062
Well, it is called Termitary in the russian version.
>>
>>315255731
Let's play of this game are both extremely boring and really missing the point, because the true strenght of the game lies in immersion and in direct influence over the story. There are very few games as heavily relying on it being YOU who makes decisions and assumes responcibility.

It's also not a horror game - there are very few instances that would be scary in the traditional sense. It's mostly sad, melancholic, creepy, unnerving, depressing, draining, but not horror-like.

>>315256097
I strongly disagree. Lovecraft is actually extremely open and straight forward with his horror. Pathologic leaves 90% of the really weird stuff to references - you don't actually get to see that much, you only hear others talk about it.
Also, Lovecraft talks about pure evil - about eldrich abominations, alien colors, inescepable corruptions. Pathologic works with a bit more subtle thematics.
>>
>>315256206
I know, these are just minor niggles arising from the fact that bits and pieces of the terrible original translation managed to stick to me.
>>
>>315255673
Mostly good. As a slav, I can't get used to the changes they have done to the names though: they have decided to change the names so they would actually refer the original russian meaning in english: for an example, "Laska" (meaning, if I'm not mistaken, "Love" in Russian) is now translated to "Grace", "Ospina" which kinda (Osa meaning "Wasp" in russian, Ospina is roughly speaking "wasp-like) being Aspity now etc... It makes perfect sense, but as a slav who could actually decypher the original meanings of the names it sounds weird and I can't get used to it.
>>
>>315256458
Hell, I don't even know how I would translate "Bound". Especially Maria's line about "You are pronouncing it wrong".
>>
>>315256406
>Also, Lovecraft talks about pure evil

The basic premise of Lovecraft is that there is no overarching morality, no good or evil.

The monsters aren't evil, they cannot be measured in any way to humans, they don't care, they are often not even aware of humanity. Like how you aren't aware of the billions of microbes you crush with every step you take.
>>
actual spoiler

Bachelor, Day 4. the isolation ward is Lara's house

fuuuuuucking whhhhhhhhhhyyy?
>>
>>315256637
Ospina is actually a small crater left on the skin after a ruptured smallpox wart.
>>
>walking around town at 1am
>all these niggas want to stab me
>find some guy whose been stabbed
>guy whose crouching over his body gets up and throws a knife at me which I can't avoid
>get killed in one shot

What the fuck
>>
>>315257038
You can avoid. Either get behind a wall, or get some distance and start diagonal strafing AFTER it has been thrown. Thugs have god-tier target leading abilities.
>>
>>315256840
While that sounds cool, it does ultimately translate to pure evil.
Also, I'd argue that one BIG difference between Pathologic and Lovecraftian school of horror is the much greater emphasis on humanity in Pathologic. Lovecraft usually deals with almost noir-esque protagonist, and then pretty much everybody else is just mad from the exposition to the abomination. Pathologic is mostly about the people trying to survive, their conflicting philosohies, their stories, small tragedies, small flaws.

That said, I have no intention to proclaim Pathologic better than Lovecraft - or vice versa. I just found them very different in tone and style.

>>315256951
I had no idea. But the wasp thing isn't wrong either, is it? why else would they translate her as ASPity?
Also, I think I mentioned this in an other thread, but in my language there is a word "osina" - it's actually means "awn" (bristle-like appendage on grass seed, wheat spicket), but it's more commonly used in the meaning of "a pain, an annoyance, something irritating" as a part of a coloquial "osina v prdely" ((major) pain in the ass). Don't know if this is a coincidence, but somehow I found it extremely fitting.
>>
>>315257038
The muggers all have ridiculously good knife-throwing skills. You can easily avoid them when you see them coming by just running to the side, though. I quicksave compulsively at night/in yellow districts since it's happened a few times that I got instantly killed by a guy sneaking up on me. You really have to stay on your toes.
>>
>>315256895
Because Fat Vlad is an absolute fucking moron, that is why. He just wanted to throw the responcibility at somebody else. Talk to Lara about it, You can prevent it if you talk her up and come across the fact that she has no running water.
>>
>>315257267
Alphyna actually wrote the justification for Ospina's new name in a blog post: (scroll down)

http://pathologic-game.com/blog/en/poles-in-tune/
>>
>>315247083
What game are you talking about?
>>
>>315257680
Pathologic,
>>
>>315257485
One thing that surprised me and does not feel entirely in the tune with the "English-oriented translation" is the decision to actually change the female names (Olgimskaya, Saburova). Not that I complain, it just took me by surprise.
>>
>>315257342
yeah, i told her shes not allowed to start it up yet until i talk to young vlad. saved there as i have to keep some sleep schedule. up until now i've just thought of vlad as purely a buisness man. only looking out for his bottom line. which i can respect to a degree but something like this makes me want to have him catch the plague. god i fucking hope you catches this shit. there will be no fucking help from me.
>>
File: 1292985523717.jpg (20 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1292985523717.jpg
20 KB, 268x265
>day 1
>doing a quest
>see some round faced monster running around town
>follow it
>it runs out into an open field
>turns around
>attacks me
>kill it

wut
>>
How's the time limit in this game? Does it allow you to take your time, or is it kinda of a Majora's Mask if it didn't have the Ocarina thing?
>>
>>315257832
To be honest, I reacted exactly the same. I remember I was FURIOUS with him for this bullshit.
Fat Vlad has a lot of issues, it's extremely easy to hate him for me. In this case, I think it really was more of a laziness than anything - if Lara (the city's well known uber-altruist, is in charge of the ward, he does not have worry about it personally. There are also reasons and moments to admire him for though. Like most characters in the game, he is quite fascinating person. I regularly tend to get into MASSIVE arguments with him as Daniil, because I fucking hate the tone he talks to me in.
>>
>>315257959
Should have waited to see where it was going m8.

>>315257969
You get roughly 3.5-4 hours of real life time for each day.
>>
>>315258021
I wanted to but it attacked me
>>
>>315258021
Really? I read a review that said it's a bit over an hour, and that's the whole 24 hour cycle.

3.5 - 4 sounds like a lot.
>>
File: Executor.webm (2 MB, 528x764) Image search: [Google]
Executor.webm
2 MB, 528x764
Someone in the last thread posted IPL design doc for Pathologic remake, something along the lines of "As a player, I..."
Can anyone post it?
>>
>>315258064
You followed 2 closely :(. I really don't know where else to get the mission of where it would of lead you. You needed to catch the killer.

>>315257969
Sorry, should mention the game had 3 characters to choose from, recommended you choose Bachelor. 1 character playthrough takes place over 12 days. Each day is roughly 3-4 real life hours.
>>
File: 1444803399317.jpg (3 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1444803399317.jpg
3 MB, 5000x5000
>can't sleep or the Shabnak will kill me
>can't go outside the muggers will kill me
>can't eat, plague will kill me
>can't do anything, everything will kill me

This is turning into one hell of a wild ride.
>>
>>315258129
No that is just plain wrong. You get much more time then just an hour. The game is made to be stressful for time, but not to the point where you can't play it.
>>
>>315258149
Here you go
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gPJLFTbfzxtU3wA-PBP5za8Cpafch52DhY5ZNqtcZ2Q/edit
>>
>>315258156
Wait what, I thought that was just a random event. Are you saying that was part of the quest?

I'm Bachelor doing the day 1 quests.
>>
>>315257959
You just met an odong, local weird half-humans. If you'd pay attention to what Fat Vlad told you right before you see it, you'll know that it was running to take shelter at the place Young Vlad is hidding in. They are generally not allowed to move around in the city (it probably escaped the Termitary), so it thought you are going to kill it / take it back to Termitary and attacked you first.

>>315257969
Actually fairly forgiving for the MOST time. You get on average around 3-4 hours or real time to finish up a day: that is roughly an hour more than you really need if you focus only on doing the quests. But a spare hour isn't as much as it sounds.
You will feel pressured, but you will rarely be in a situation where you JUST CAN'T MAKE IT. With few exceptions, it's managable OK.

>>315258129
>3.5 - 4 sounds like a lot.
It is, and it's intentional. It's a whole day, there is no reason to make you count every second of it.
That said, there are days where you might lose part of your time, there are quest that won't activate untill quite late into the day, there are moments when two different quests require you to be in two different places at the same time, and it's also not hard to get sidetracked by, say, looting, and suddenly realize you are not going to get everything done.

But it's there more for TIME MANAGEMENT, not TIME PRESSURE AND SPEEDRUNNING. You need to make priorities, but you don't have to watch your clock all the time.
>>
>>315258273
Thanks.
>>
>>315258281
You came out of a house and saw him (The bald short guys in black garb, they are called worm in game) running right?

Yeah, he is part of a quest. He is supposed to show you to where Young Vlad is.
>>
File: 1429663458713.jpg (5 KB, 169x250) Image search: [Google]
1429663458713.jpg
5 KB, 169x250
>>315258361
I saved right after killing that thing
>>
>>315258345
See >>315258345
It spawns right after you talk to Fat Vlad who tells you he does not know where his son is hidding, but that he gives shelter to all kind of steppe assholes and monsters. It is supposed to lead you to Young Vlad's house. If you follow too closely, it will get scared and attack.
>>
well i just cant fucking get the sound to work right , how important would speech and music be to my experience with this game?
>>
>>315258345
>But it's there more for TIME MANAGEMENT, not TIME PRESSURE AND SPEEDRUNNING. You need to make priorities, but you don't have to watch your clock all the time.

unless you're me and fuck about for a while and mismanage your saves. then you only have time for sprinting.
>>
File: 1439464760702.jpg (47 KB, 366x550) Image search: [Google]
1439464760702.jpg
47 KB, 366x550
>mfw reading description of milk
I wasn't hungry anyway.
>>
>>315258453
Not very much, but it still ditracts from the atmosphere hard.
>>
>>315258465
Most people get screwed over bad on third day. You don't get the letter from Rubin before I think 3 PM anyway, and there is a lot of fucking around in the infected district, it's extremely easy to lose track of time, especially if you are doing the shmoulder looting exploit thing.
>>
File: Adam Jensen sees a bomb.jpg (7 KB, 191x252) Image search: [Google]
Adam Jensen sees a bomb.jpg
7 KB, 191x252
>mfw going after the Barber and his gang

I should have brought more bullets, I did not expect to fight that many guys in a fucking cramped warehouse.
>>
>>315258453
Music is extremely important. Speech only matters in the opening theatrical scene and all subsequent theatrical plays, which are optional and only serve as a "daily wrap-up" for the player.
Sound assets and design in the game is generally pretty weak, but it's part of the feedback loop, so it might be a bit of a problem.
>>
>>315258273
This is quite fanatastic to read. It's basically "we really actually understand what made Pathologic so interesting and we have perfect grasp on what really mattered about the game".
It's very rare to see developers that understand their own creation so well.

My god I can't fucking wait for the remake. Even if it's going to be buggy and hillariously broken on release, I can't wait how they'll capitalize on all of this.
>>
>>315258485
What is it?
>>
>>315258916
A bottle of cow's milk. Be careful with this product! It is very healthy, but its origin presumes a high degree of risk. Women said that the cows have been giving ichor instead of milk and that some black clots were found in it. One shouldn't trust domestic animals these days.
>>
>As a player, I want to see a completely different reputation system that wouldn’t follow current trends and clichés, but would rather pose real ethical and moral dilemmas, making me feel responsible for my actions.
They could not resist to take a jab there after all. Funny, because oddly enough, unlike The Void, Pathologic should make a lot of modern progressive-oriented people pretty happy, considering the HUGE role female characters play in the game.

>>315258916
You mean the pic, or the description?
If the pic: armor, presumably made as a burial accessory.
As for the description - just load up the game, visit a butcher's shot that sells it and read away.
>>
>>315257959
>>day 1
>>doing a quest
>>see some round faced monster running towards me
>run the fuck away
I eventually found little Vlad by accident while exploring though so it wasn't too bad I guess
>>
well, managed to fix the sound issue by removing the bluetooth icon from the taskbar, what the fuck
>>
So, quick question:
How many of you have managed to find the dogs in the game?
I mean except those who Did the 11th day quest of getting the Polyhedron drafts and ended up on the fucking cemetary.
There are some running in the streets on the first and second days.
>>
>>315259032
You know that the progressive crowd will immediately dismiss the game after they discover that women occasionally get hunted down as witch and you are in fact punished for trying to help them.

Also the half naked female dancers. Because as well all know, females in distress or being shown in a sexual position is caused by soggy knees.
>>
>>315259586
I think those are the only ones. It's pretty strange how rare the dogs are, considering they do have working AI.
>>
>>315259586
I've heard them barking every day and was surprised to actually see a couple on day 3, I thought the barking was just ambient noises or something.
>>
>>315259710
Hurting the women is actually not the real problem, since it's pretty clearly not gratious. I think the sexualization which is actually often more disturbing than it seems with the Steppe dancers being implied to be sexual slaves to the fucking ODONGS might be an issue.

I'd actually like to see some semi-competent "progressive" person to takle the game, because it presents a whole bunch of interesting dillema's for them to deal with. On one hand it presents and extremely clear gender dichotomy - male and female differences are the basis of the cities metaphysics - on the other hand it features characters like Yulia - the cities most prominent engineer and analyticist, or Algaya - powerful and feared, straight forward and cunning woman. On one hand it presents women as often being more powerful than men - after all it is being said time and time again that the true rulers of the city used to be Nina and Victoria - the Day and Night Mistresses - but on the other hand it presents frequent situations where women are manipulative, clearly rellying on men to "save them" and be their white knights. On one hand it exaggerates "traditional female stereotypes" like intuition, emotionality, altruism, caring or motherly attitudes - on the other hand it empowers the women to the moon through them.

>>315259825
>>315260024
Yeah, I never understood why they did not implement them as more important. They DO play role in exactly one quest for Bachelor.

And it's not just the dogs: there are cows with implemented A.I. too.

Oh yeah, and another question:
Anyone tried to go see the Transparent Cat on the first day?
"Come after dark, 12th warehouse, the password is "Hell froze over".
>>
>>315259032
>>As a player, I want to see a completely different reputation system that wouldn’t follow current trends and clichés, but would rather pose real ethical and moral dilemmas, making me feel responsible for my actions.

I assume this is in response to shitty Bethesda/Bioware morality systems with obvious Good and Bad choices and a sliding scale telling you how many you picked of each. I can't see the connection to Sensitive Joss Whedons at all.
>>
>>315260185
>I can't see the connection to Sensitive Joss Whedons at all.
Current trends are I think a pretty clear reference to that. Maybe I'm making too much of an assumption here, but being a slav myself, that is exactly how we describe and understand Soc-Jus. As shallow, contemporary trends and fads in ethics.
>>
>Termitary

Why don't they just call it the Anthill?
>>
>>315259825
Because dogs are getting eatin pretty early in
>>
>bought Pathologic literally day one
>played it halfway with Bachelor and quit because PC broke down
>never went back
>10 years later life's in shitter and I can't even discuss it with 4chin
Fuck, I want to go back but I still remember these first few dreadful days where you just walk around, abysmal combat system, and constant paranoia about hunger and disease meters.
>>
>>315260350
Because termitaries and ant-hills are two very different things.
I have to say that I kinda miss the Apiary. It had a strangely lofty sound to it. It has probably unintended connotations, but it is a wonderful word. There is a certain irony to it.
>>
>>315260374
That sounds kind of unlikely considering the people start to believe that the fresh meat is already infected.
>>
>>315260350
Ants and termites function completely differently
Also anthill sounds gay
>>
Do they explain what the fuck those worm guys are, ever?
>>
File: 1446509873537.jpg (54 KB, 457x566) Image search: [Google]
1446509873537.jpg
54 KB, 457x566
>mfw I just finished the first day and the little notice came up saying none of the people that matter were killed
>mfw I stocked up hard on bread, meats, and fish
>mfw the performance at the theater starts talking about the sand plague
>mfw lots of drugs
>mfw scapel is at 18% durability
>mfw revolver with 5 bullets
>mfw I know the bad times are coming
>mfw I'm waiting on the good times now
>>
>>315260535
It's actually believed that COW meat is infected. I don't think anyone would really have an issue eating obviously healthy dog meat.

>>315260595
In Bachelor's scenario only by a few throw-away lines. I think Yulia says on day 1 that they are something like golems: a crude immitations of humans made out of old bones and clay. I found the description pretty curious, because that sounds a LOT like how Shabnak-Adyr is supposed to work like: clay and old bones.

I think you learn a lot more about them as Haruspix and Devotress, but I'm not sure. I remember certainly dealing a lot more with them as Artemy.
>>
>>315260321
Ah, uh, I see. I am a Canadian, and around here we continue to consider it a worthwhile cause, even as certain groups become unreasonable in their pursuit of it.

If I recall correctly IPL have made a vague comment indicating their opposition to "the prosecution of people who aren't criminals" but they refused to be dragged into the subject while talking about their game, which is admirable in its own right.
>>
>>315260350
Termitary is the big boxes. The big lump is the Abattoir
>>
File: WATER.png (137 KB, 352x404) Image search: [Google]
WATER.png
137 KB, 352x404
>yfw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMJFwXt5jSc
>>
HOW DO I BARTER

SOME GUY TOOK MY WATER BUT DIDN'T GIVE ME BANDAGES FOR IT
>>
File: latest[1].png (434 KB, 440x761) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
434 KB, 440x761
>>315262254
That face looks vaguely familiar.
>>
>>315262337
GOTTA CLICK WHAT YOU WANT NIGGA
PERHAPS YOU DIDN'T GIVE HIM ENOUGH
RATE IS 5 WATER FOR 1 BANDAGE, PAY ATTENTION TO HOW THE NUMBERS WORK WHEN BARTERING
>>
>>315262450
Oh, ok. Shit.
>>
>>315262337
>SOME GUY TOOK MY WATER BUT DIDN'T GIVE ME BANDAGES FOR IT
You click on the items you want to offer (a blue thin frame appears around the object you offer, the x/y represents how many of them you are offering (x) and how many you have total (y).
Then you do the same with the inventory of the drunkard. You always need to offer objects is same or greater value before you can click on the bandaid. Again, thin blue frame around the object you selected shows that you selected it.
Then you press the "V" shaped button in upper right corner.
The "X" button cancels the transaction.
Left clicking on an object unselects it.
>>
>>315262647
I feel it would be nice if the game explained it a little better.
>>
>>315262880
The U.I. is clumsy as hell in general. Debut game made by completely inexperienced team, I guess.
>>
>>315262880
Tooltips for items show the price of each item. I mean, it's a game that was made during the time when manuals that came with the game were still a thing, but it's really not hard to figure out if you pay attention.
>>
dont be sexist op. females are not weak things that need your help and the bitch probably started the fight any ways

you should sit back and watch the fight
>>
Is it worth switching the music off? It's driving me mental.
>>
>>315263559
It's bretty gud senpai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPFOrxXF9YM
>>
>>315263646
I'm not so sure. It's just kind of distracting and doesn't help the mood.
>>
>>315263559
>hating on music
Really?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExkFS7yR-xk
Combat music in the center of the town in pretty shit, tho.
>>
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
>>315247317
See Eva Yan's house on the left? The house you're looking for is just over the bridge to the east (labeled here as "Splash (powders hiding)").
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 600x524) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 600x524
>>315249634
>he doesn't have a small pile of backup saves
>>
I'm sorry for derailing this thread, but I need help for the Void. I absolutely loved everything sbout the game, but, despite having tried three times, I always run out of time; the farthest I ever got was the Pangolin. Is there any way for a retard such as me to get through?
>>
>>315265128

Void's kind of a pain in the ass, I had to restart a bunch of times.

If I ever play it again, I'm going to cheat.
>>
>>315265287
Any cheats you could recommend me?
>>
Bachelor Dankovsky, I'm KHAN.
>>
File: 1446337877553.png (257 KB, 438x331) Image search: [Google]
1446337877553.png
257 KB, 438x331
>mfw playing the russian version
the writing and dialogues are some of the most pretentious incomprehensible garbage I've read in a long time
switching to english just to see how it compares
>>
File: 13511345802388.jpg (32 KB, 500x566) Image search: [Google]
13511345802388.jpg
32 KB, 500x566
>>315247083
>Pathologic
>doing good
>>
>>315260132
The women in this game were written like complex human beings, and that required giving them vulnerabilities and disadvantages. A writer shouldn't think about how to "empower" their fictional female characters, but about how to make them more fleshed out, relatable and human. Going for feminist empowerment or whatever gets you such retardation as the female characters from the new Tomb Raider.
>>
>>315260789
>social justice in a VIRTUAL WORLD

...that's how retarded modern westerners are.

"The personal is political", huh, Shulamith?
>>
>>315247083
>>315268464
I NEED REACTION PICTURES, MORE REACTION PICTURES FROM PATHOLOGIC!
>>
File: 1446218176117.png (65 KB, 365x410) Image search: [Google]
1446218176117.png
65 KB, 365x410
>>315269332
>>
File: laughing executors.jpg (72 KB, 578x481) Image search: [Google]
laughing executors.jpg
72 KB, 578x481
>>315269407
>>
>>315269407
>>315268464
>>315247083
I really do love the new HD translation. It made me realize how funny the executioners were. Solid characters.
>>
File: 1446234483849.jpg (27 KB, 523x482) Image search: [Google]
1446234483849.jpg
27 KB, 523x482
>>315269473
>>
>>315268525
>Going for feminist empowerment or whatever gets you such retardation as the female characters from the new Tomb Raider.
It's a logical conclusion of the fundamentally misguided philosophy of conflict theory, which interprets even most fundamental human interactions as patters of power enforced upon each other. The distribution of the power is defined as inherently political, which leads us to what >>315268610 talks about. And that is, more or less, the summary of modern western interpretation of social world.

But I digress, I suppose this is neither the place nor time for this subject matter.

>>315269567
Humor always was a big thing in Pathologic. Bachelor in particular is pretty much constantly wise-cracking in the first few days of the game.
>>
File: 1446321152816.jpg (133 KB, 939x670) Image search: [Google]
1446321152816.jpg
133 KB, 939x670
>>315269592
>>
File: 1440610881741.jpg (24 KB, 364x366) Image search: [Google]
1440610881741.jpg
24 KB, 364x366
>>315269732
>Bachelor in particular is pretty much constantly wise-cracking in the first few days of the game.

>play as Haruspex
>every day get to hear from other NPCs how Bachelor is going around threatening to shoot everyone he doesn't like with his revolver
>>
>>315270032
Yeah, well he isn't exactly welcoming person. People are genuinelly afraid of him.
He is actually a killer. The game makes that pretty clear - much like Andrey Stamatin, Bachelor fought and killed during the february revolt. Some of the lines you get as options are really fucking scary too.
"Alexander, please inform your men that if the get in my way, I won't hessitate to kill them." I think is one of the things you can tell Saburov when talking about establishing the militia.

There is a scene late in the game where you get beaten, shot, robbed of all your possessions and left for dead in the graveyard by a group of soldiers. I don't know how they translated it in the new translation, but in the original 2005 version, when you speak to Laska, the dialogue goes roughly like this:
Laska: "What happened to you? You were so wounded - I thought you died!"
Daniel: "Never mind that. Do you happen to have some kind of weapon? Anything, even a knife will do."
Laska: "I have a kitchen knife..."
Daniel: That will do nicely, thanks. Now excuse me, I'm going to get my stuff back.
>>
>>315270514
february revolt? so the game does take place in russia after all?
>>
>>315270601
No, but it's easy to connect those two. In reality though, the "february student uprising" they call it in the game is supposed to be a reference to the 1899 Russian student strike, which happened to take place in February as well.
The game takes place in a fictional country, though. Allusions are intentional, but they are just that, allusions.
>>
>>315270601
It's a fictional place and time.
>>
>>315270514
"Daniel: That will do nicely, thanks. Now excuse me, I'm going to get my stuff back."

Aint nobody fucks with Tiny Bachelor,
AINT NOBODY
>>
>>315270879
Yeah, I'm really worried if the scene will have the same impact in the new translation, because in the original translation, it felt SO GOD DAMN BAD ASS.
>>
Alphyna a cute
>>
File: 1396372672240ovuor.png (149 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1396372672240ovuor.png
149 KB, 2000x2000
Man, replaying the game made me remember how much I love Executors. I really hope they return to original design in the remake, ones they have in teasers and concept art just don't have the same aura. When old ones looked mysterious and creepy, new ones just look evil and cartoony.
>>
>>315271250
You should put some happy little clouds in there anon, Bob would want some.

Anybody have the webm of the remake with the bachelor loading the revolver and looks up to see an executor?
>>
What's a twyrine bride guys?

Also Eva is the Best girl
>>
>>315270514
>Daniel: That will do nicely, thanks. Now excuse me, I'm going to get my stuff back.
Stone fucking cold
>>
>>315271161
Except she is a fujoshi big time. I think it was Vlad that mentioned that she wrote some 50+ yaoi doujinshi on Daniel and Artemy...

>>315271250
This has been discussed in one of the previous threads: the early promo trailer, as well as a lot of the early concept art and models were experimenting with more cartoony look, which they really grew more accustomed after CARGO and Knock-Knock. After few months and few concepts released, they came to the conclusion that it does not work well and that they shall return to more realistic style.
>>
>>315271349
>What's a twyrine bride guys?
Girl that fucks Odongs. I wish I was kidding.

>Also Eva is the Best girl
You mean: was.
>>
File: nextgenreloading.webm (711 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
nextgenreloading.webm
711 KB, 720x540
>>315271330
>>
>>315271513
Ewww disgusting. I'm gonna start my playthrough on haruspex this saturday I just finished Bachelor's yesterday.
>>
>>315271557
I've never used a revolver, is it really necessary to be that meticulous with moving the cylinder while reloading?
>>
>>315271557
>pulling the hammer back after loading a bullet already into the correct chamber

FOR WHAT PURPOSE!
>>
>>315271672
You don't really have to move the cylinder after each bullet, only after putting the last in, since it usually also clocks the hammer. But I don't know that much about this shit either.

I'm pretty sure IPL did it this way to make it feel drawned out, to make it clear combat is not an easy, common, rutine thing in the game.
>>
File: 1444818040547.jpg (34 KB, 398x300) Image search: [Google]
1444818040547.jpg
34 KB, 398x300
>Get a note saying that the powers that be want to fuck me
>Another note saying that an inquisitor is coming to fuck me
>Another note saying I saved everyone who was important to me
>Another note saying 30 people died of the plague and a bunch of other statistics

>All this at the start of the 2nd day

Holy fuck things are getting out of hand quick, do I need to act quickly when dealing with this plague business?
>>
>>315271684
to make it reset onto the 1st bullet of the 3 bullet series
>>
>>315271817
But that would only bring it back to the second bullet
>>
should i sleep or is it better to just keep doing shit at like 1 in the morning?
>>
>>315271941

You will be exhausted and the town is full of lunatics with knives
>>
>>315271813
I just finished the first day, it's 12:30am. Did the performance at the theater and was told I saved everyone. Got a post mordam letter from Isiuldur (doctor dude who was killed by the butcher) saying niggers want me dead.

Thats the only letter or notification I got, guess I am still to early in the second day.
>>
>>315271813
>do I need to act quickly when dealing with this plague business?
You'll quickly find out that you can't deal with it alone. You can be as quick as you can: if somebody else who is important is lagging before, you are still screwed. Hell, on day 2, Kains and Fat Vlad STILL refuse to even admit there is a plague.

And trust me, this is nothing. Things will go out of control faster later on.

>>315271941
How's your exhaustion meter? If it's filled or close to filled, go get some sleep. Generally speaking, try to time things in such a fashion that you can wake up around 7.A.M. and have your exhaustion matter at 0, because you are going to need to keep going through out the entire day.
After midnight, it's good to stop by the theatre. Aside from that, it's usually to get some beddy-bed-time.
>>
>>315271941
I like to go to sleep at night, but leave time for hunting thugs, looting, and check ahead for side quests during the early hours (pre-7:00am usually). If you're exhausted then it's good to get that out of the way when you don't have to deal with the main quest, just make sure you have food or money for food when you wake up.
>>
File: despair.jpg (10 KB, 308x296) Image search: [Google]
despair.jpg
10 KB, 308x296
Does someone have a link to a walkthrough or something?

This is a bit much for me.
>>
>game.exe has stopped working

What am I supposed to do? Got the K-lite codec, set the configurations, cant DL and install WMP 10 on Windows 7 and nothing seems to work.

I just want to play the game ;_;
>>
So why do I get weird vision fallout, where it seems like the character is out of breath and my vision gets all blurry?

I take care of myself all the time and I've only gotten a bit of infection from a fucking rat that bit me when I didn't see it the first time.
>>
>>315272321
Pretty sure that's infection.
>>
>>315272321
>I've only gotten a bit of infection
Theres your problem. You can't cure the infection except with a very late game item and the schmowders which are incredibly rare except for one you can get on the first day at your "stash".
>>
So what the fuck is the point of the plaguefinder?

I've got several lenses for it and I can't even tell what the hell it does.
>>
File: 1391497773562.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1391497773562.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
>yfw entering the abattoir
>>
>>315272406
Makes plague clouds visible from a further distance. Becomes more useful on Day 6 in my experience.
>>
>>315272397
Well fuck, what does the infection do exactly? I mean I haven't turned into a robe wearing lepper that wants to give people hugs.

Should I use the Schmowders? I am going to assume no since the thing is worth a kajilion rubbles even on day 2.
>>
>>315247083
what game?
>>
>>315272406
The thing you press "v" to active? Plague is identified at farther distances with it. Plague legit looks like fart clouds with skulls in them.

Later in the game, the plague evolves into 8 foot tall blood red angels.
>>
The jew in me wants to know if there's any way to get a rifle for free?
>>
>>315272537
>should I use the schmowders
If you are not goign to reload a save, yes. But make sure your health is full before you do. It will cure the plague, but it will nearly kill you.

>What does infection do exactly
Slowly kills you, essentially makes your health and exhaustion go up much more quickly. It adds a new stress mechanic in a nutshell.
>>
File: 1432203923777.jpg (106 KB, 337x301) Image search: [Google]
1432203923777.jpg
106 KB, 337x301
>>315272464
>mfw having to go through it twice a day as Haruspex
>>
File: moddb.jpg (652 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
moddb.jpg
652 KB, 1280x720
>>315272541
Pathologic, recently rereleased in HD with a better translation.
>>
>>315272630
Forgot to add, you can go through the entire rest of the game infected, but it's difficult.
>>
>>315272541
Pathologic
>>
>>315272692
>>315272728
thanks
>>
>>315272630
>>315272696
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

I don't want to reload my save because that rat bite was about a day ago. I am on day 3 and things are already getting pretty fucking tense. Doesn't Twyrne lower infection?
>>
>>315272696
>you can go through the entire rest of the game infected, but it's difficult
Depends. If you know how to make money and visit 4-6 houses in yellow zone daily, you get enough stuff to get you by with minimal levels of infection.
>>
>>315272287
Can't find it right now (the official IPL upload is down, for some reasons), give me a minute.

>>315272321
Probably plague. It could be that your exhaustion or hunger meter are full - they are signalized by the same effect.

>>315272314
Wish I could help, try the devs for support.

>>315272406
Makes plague hostposts visible from greater distance. Plague hostposts are those static plague-air clouds that will emerge only if you get very close. They are like plague mines of sorts.

>>315272537
>Well fuck, what does the infection do exactly?
At first, not much. Occasionally gives you head-ache or makes your vision blury, that is all. But it spreads - the lower your immunity, the faster it spreads. It also continuously drains whatever immunity you have left.

Once it reachers about 1/4 of the bar, it will start very slowly drain your health. The speed of it's spread grows - the more infected you are, the faster it grows - and the faster it drains your health.
Leave it unchecked and once it's roughly 3/4th of the bar, it can drain full health to nothing in a matter of 4-5 hours.

>>315272537
>Should I use the Schmowders?
It's gonna take at least a day before the plague will start affecting your seriously, especially if you take immuno boosters regularly and keep your health high. So I'd postpone using schmoulder as long as possible.

You'll see your options on the next day. Getting infected early on is no big deal, it really takes long time before it grows from 10% to the 25% where it starts seriously affecting you.
>>
>>315272797
Perhaps. I just started day 2. All I've been telling you is from the beginners tips guide on steam.
>>
I'm really struggling to keep myself interested in this.

I've met vlad the younger and now I'm completely lost. I can't kill that butcher thing, and I can't find Rubin (he's not in his house).
>>
They're not bandits, bandits are the dudes that'll attack you. It's some sort of tradition that they'll attack women or something. Just ignore it, the next day, it'll be gone.
>>
>get note saying that I will die by nightfall if I cannot recognise the Shabnak's guise
>Get no help at all from the mistress
>Nightfall arrives
>Nothing happens
>Jumpy as shit at any slight change in the music or if someone looks at me strange

WHAT IS HAPPENING
WHAT DID I DO?
>>
>>315272797
Keep calm and read: >>315272831

Don't reload unless it's absolutely necessary, or unless you got screwed over in combat. It makes the game much more enjoyable.

You'll spend 80% of the game likely infected, it's nothing to panic about. Not untill it's severe infection. Keep playing - manage your infection and health, take a bottle of metadorm before you go to sleep, and see what the next day brings. You can live with infection for several days if you maintain rest of your health and don't get additionally exposed.
>>
>>315272886
>Can't find Rubin
If he is who I'm thinking of, check Victor Kains house.

>Can't kill the butcher
If you can't kill him perhaps you should tell the kid to help the butcher run away in exchange for a favor?
>>
>>315272831
Fuck, good thing I buy pills every chance I get.
God bless those drug dealing children.
>>
File: The-Knick-Clive-Owen-1-1024x937.jpg (196 KB, 1024x937) Image search: [Google]
The-Knick-Clive-Owen-1-1024x937.jpg
196 KB, 1024x937
Yo niggers, this should help with the terms and lore of the world.
>>
>>315272886
>I can't kill that butcher thing,
Why?

Depending on your dialogue choices, Vlad will either reveal the nature of the killer to you immediately, or after you completed the the butcher quest. The butcher, by the way, can be completed in different ways than just killing him, too.

Rubin will appear in Victor Kain's house after you talk to young Vlad about Isildor's trip to steppe.

>>315272964
>WHAT IS HAPPENING
Impending game over screen...
>WHAT DID I DO?
On day one, the game automatically game-over's if you don't finish the day1 daily mission. I pressume you are playing as Haruspex, and I don't remember his daily mission, but I'm fairly certain you have to finish it before midnight. Check your quest log, look at the last paragraph of the daily mission description.

Does it start with this *** ?
If yes, then you are safe. If no, then reflect on the poor decisions you have made through out the day and make peace with yourself.
>>
>>315273195
Fuck I am tired
https://drewtheline.dreamwidth.org/329.html
>>
File: 1446370084097.jpg (2 MB, 1524x3993) Image search: [Google]
1446370084097.jpg
2 MB, 1524x3993
Someone needs to make an image like Pic related, except related to Pathologic. Would serve as a great guide to beginner questions.
>>
>>315273329
Bewarned: FULL of both spoilers and innacuracies. STRONGLY don't recommend reading for both reasons.
>>
>>315273534
What little I did recognize makes sense, but you probably know more. So I reckon disregard.
>>
>>315273329
Should probably point out that that's full of spoilers. Neat, though. It's crazy how much effort they put into worldbuilding.
>>
>>315273617
It mostly makes sense, which is the spoiler part - few entries are innacurate (I'm guessing who ever wrote this based it on playing the original english translation) - in general it gives the player somewhat of a skewed perception on the game, though. Really advise against reading it, it will make you focus on all the wrong things in the game. Probably very much worth reading once you've finished the game to fill out some gaps that were left or to compare interpretations.
>>
File: 2015-11-03_00001.jpg (178 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-03_00001.jpg
178 KB, 1920x1080
>>315270514
>tfw
>>
>>315274009
>mfw later on
>Those are some unnaturally smart observations for a kid.
>I'm sorry, I'll be good!
>You'd better. Remember there's only one smart person in this town: Me.
>>
>>315272287
http://www.pdf-archive.com/2015/11/01/path-walkthrough-eng/ there you go.
>>
>>315275721
Generally speaking, the dialogues with children are some of the best parts of the translation. You can feel how much fun the team had writing those.

I love when Daniel finds you Grace is a fucking drunk and a drug addict.
>>
File: russian anne frank.jpg (121 KB, 1364x768) Image search: [Google]
russian anne frank.jpg
121 KB, 1364x768
is this true, should i save bottled water for mad shekels later on or it still better to trade for bandages with the drunkards?
>>
>>315276329
Bottles are always cheap.
>>
>>315276329
Trade them for bandages. Despite what the game claims, water is pretty cheap through out the game, even after the water supply is sabotaged so trade away.
Just don't bother buying turnikets, they are worthless.
>>
should i bother saving up for the rifle and ammo or the revolver is good enough?
>>
>>315276872
>should i bother saving up for the rifle and ammo or the revolver is good enough?
Good enough for the first 2/3rds if the game for me. The weapons are in general more of side-grades than flat-out improvements on each other. Rifle is extremely strong, but slow as FUCK. Revolver is fast, and usually insta-kill if you hit the head anyway.
Shotgun does cone damage, so you don't have to aim, but it's only marginally faster than the rifle and eats through ammo like one ones business.

The only weapon that is flat out worse than every other is the derringer, which is slow AND weak. But you don't have to bother with it unless you are playing as Clara.
>>
File: 1438789914399.png (1 MB, 736x602) Image search: [Google]
1438789914399.png
1 MB, 736x602
>the looters inside the piss filter areas houses
>>
>>315277113
The die after just one shot from most weapons. They are the definition of "glass cannon" enemy.
>>
File: 2015-11-01_00015.jpg (424 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-01_00015.jpg
424 KB, 1920x1200
Daniil is cute.
CUTE!
Olgimsky's a fucking cunt, at least he acted like one in day 4. And I thought he was a pretty nice guy from day 3.
>>
File: image067.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
image067.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1024
>>315277270
Vermin would be another good definition.
>>
>>315247083
have the fixed the slow as balls walking speed?
I literally dropped the game cause, there were no clear map indicators, and when I realized I had gone the wrong way I had to haul ass who knows how far; at a piss poor walk speed.
>>
File: image212.jpg (639 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
image212.jpg
639 KB, 1280x1024
So how many of you are treating the infected?
>>
Should I even bother hunting for herbs as Haruspex or just stock up on milk and dead mugger parts to trade with Worm?

>>315278208
>that infection bar
Nigga treat yourself first
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 90

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.