[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are the Darksiders games worth the time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 2771526-darksiders-1.jpg (726 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
2771526-darksiders-1.jpg
726 KB, 1920x1200
Are the Darksiders games worth the time?
>>
The monsters are cool, the story is okay. Achievements are buggy on Steam
>>
I thought the first one was a great game, haven't played the second.
>>
do you like good games?
yes: yes
no: no
>>
The first was is great, but like >>313296246 I haven't played the second one.

I heard it's disappointing?
>>
>>313296574
its not bad on a gameplay side. honestly, its rather good. however the ending disapointed me as it didnt really answer anything. worth it though.
>>
>>313296574
Story wise, it's pretty disappointing. It just doesn't move forward.

However, the boss battles, music and gameplay are top notch.
>>
Sure. I'm not a big fan of the second one, but the first one was pretty fun.
>>
>>313296574
it's not that zeldaish
>>
The first one is quite cool because of all the puzzles. Combats are nice too, but a little short on variety. The game is way too easy (all the bosses are stupidly easy) even on the highest difficulty and there is no NG+ with extra difficulty. I'm really biased when it comes to DS1, so I obviously recommend you to give it a shot.

I found the sequel rather underwhelming. The world itself is HUGE compared to the first one, but all the puzzling gets lost and you are the lord of death... who happens to be just an errand boy for creatures with no authority whatsoever. I haven't finished it, but I will eventually.
>>
>>313297514
>you are the lord of death... who happens to be just an errand boy for creatures with no authority whatsoever.

no, they usually have some authority. the horsemen arent near the charred counsel in terms of authority, they're rather low. especially when death has NEVER been to those areas before in his life, infact people lied to them about their existence.

he is an errand boy though, but because they have authority or something else as leverage.
>>
>>313296574
its not a bad game, it just doesnt hold up to the first

third never ;_;
>>
>>313296021
Yes.
>>
As much as I enjoyed the 2nd game, I'll always wonder how DS2 would have turned out, if THQ hadn't retardedly imploded, which led to the game being rushed.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.