[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OCD and games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 380x380
Anyone with OCD here? I'm working on it now, is hard, but it can be cured.
>Before playing the game check if you have all items.
>If you miss a dialog replay the mission
>check any guide beforehand to see is there are any missable items.
And so on...
>>
>>313280918
I aways use a go-to loadout jack of all trades master of none, and im pretty sure every person that finds a breakable object WILL break it just to see it break. Hell its MGR's biggest selling point i guess.
>>
>>313280918
sounds horrible
I had a really "light" kind of OCD when I was younger, like having to wash my hands multiple times, counting the books on shelves multiple times even though I know exactly how many were there and so on, but that's not a problem anymore, thankfully
>>
>>313280918
That's not OCD, you're just a completionist. I wash my hands twice before and after my controller/mouse and keyboard usage. If I pause a game, I have to do it again so I do it twice. If I can obtain two of an item in a game, that's my first priority. I count the number of games I have twice every day. Everything in my life revolves around the number two. It's hell.
>>
>>313281695
>>
>>313281367
>Having to wash my hands multiple times

Oh god this. I'm not even a germaphobe, it has nothing to do with keeping your hands clean past the first wash. I just needed to make sure water covers every inch of my crevice of my hands before I'm done. I sit down at my desk and feel a single unwet skin cell, I had to go do it again.

It's been a long road with a lot of hangnails.
>>
>>313280918
Vidya surprisingly suppresses my OCD. I have a very light thing that makes me have to be "even" on both sides (if I touch something with my hand, I have to do it with my right hand). You'd think a controller would mess that up, given the left side is a joystick and the right side is buttons, but it's all good.

If you're talking about being anal and a completionist, I never let anyone die or go unrecruited in Fire Emblem.
Except Shinon if I don't train Rolf.
And that one guy you have to recruit with Lena in SD. I'm playing it for the first time and I didn't feel like restarting for him, especially because all he had to do was pick fucking anyone that wouldn't kill him and he chose my nigga Cain
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 125x121) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 125x121
>>313280918

>my volume has to be something times five or ten, so 5,10,15,20 etc.
>my items need to be a number like that, when possible or I go crazy and start sweating
>have to do all completionist stuff, so not miss anything
>have to check my oven several times before leaving my house, can check it and make sure, leave, lock my door, have to unlock and go back in to double check, check again, lock my door, leave, did I really lock my door, go back check, hmm, did I really turn off the oven
>have to do a serious will check to tear myself away from the thoughtprocess
>its terrifying
>>
>>313280918
Oh man, you don't even know.
In the Black Ops 2 campaign, I'd check what weapons my teammates have on the wiki before choosing my loadout accordingly. Of course, since none of the main characters ever had attachments on their guns, I didn't either.
In a lot of games, if I don't kill an important enemy character in a certain way then I'll reload a checkpoint/restart the mission to get it right. For example, I felt it necessary to kill Adewale in Assassin's Creed Rogue using a throwing knife from the front over any other weapon, because using melee would be impossible (he runs too fast and one hit kills you), assassinating him wouldn't feel right since he's a master assassin, and shooting him with a gun would just feel unfair.
In GTA 4 and 5, I used to drive like a normal person (unless I was playing as Trevor because it was in character to drive like a jackass) but I kinda got over it when I realized how boring it was. I still don't drive like a maniac, but I don't go and obey every streetlight and stop sign either.
I don't play Burnout Paradise because I hate seeing beautiful cars get damaged; I can't appreciate their beauty when the fucked up.
I used to be really OCD about which characters in Left 4 Dead used which guns while playing with my friends. I'd always insist on them using a Shotgun if they're playing as Francis, the Hunting Rifle if they're Zoey, and the AR if they're Bill or Louis. I kinda grew out of that one though once I actually started getting really good at the game.
In Prototype 2, I didn't use the Alex Mercer skin at all until I beat the game, because then I could pretend like James Heller is just using Alex's body as a disguise after consuming him.
When I got Dishonored on PC, I went for Ghost and Clean Hands in my very first playthrough, savescumming like crazy, just because I felt I'd be playing it wrong if I didn't get those cheevos.
If I think of anything else I'll post it.
>>
>>313281695

11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 3
>>
>>313285568
I have yet to playthrough the Dishonored DLC because I'm conflicted between Daud being an Assassin and killing his targets, and getting the Cleaner/Cleanest hands achievements for not killing anyone at all.
I used a controller when I played through Metro 2033. I was going to use KB+M but I was too annoyed by the fact that Artyom walking speed is faster than the NPCs.
I almost never drop my loadout weapons in the campaigns of games like Call of Duty, Gears of War, or Halo because I feel bad for abandoning my trusty government issued ordinance. If a game forces me to do this, then I feel especially terrible.
In The Force Unleashed, I don't use any of the DLC costumes that are characters besides Starkiller because it doesn't make sense for, say, Qui-Gon Jinn to be hunting a jedi in an imperial factory.
In Castle Crashers, I always pick a weapon that "looks" like it belongs to certain characters, even I have weapons available with objectively better stats. Same goes for Assassin's Creed games; I always match my swords and pistols with whatever outfit I'm wearing.
I'm okay with using exploits to gain an advantage in a game, but not outright glitches or hacks of any sort. Probably has something to do with muh immersion.
I think that's about everything that comes to mind.
>>
>>313281367
I still remember the first time I showed signs of OCD.
All the other kids were playing pretend guns and shooting each other, putting their hands in an L shape to signify their weapon of choice.
I thought this was wierd because it meant your hand was a gun, so I'd put my pointer finger in a hook shape to symbolize me actually holding a gun with my finger wrapped around the trigger.
Of course, everyone made fun of me saying that I was actually just shooting myself with my crooked barrel.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.