[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I got around to playing the demo for this game and I find
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: final_fantasy_xv_logo_1124.png (75 KB, 350x224) Image search: [Google]
final_fantasy_xv_logo_1124.png
75 KB, 350x224
So I got around to playing the demo for this game and I find it interesting.
Does this really connect to any other FF games or anything that I'd need to really know when it comes out? Whenever it fucking comes out?
The most I honestly know is it's supposed to be connected to 13 and type 0.
>>
>>313264553
>The most I honestly know is it's supposed to be connected to 13 and type 0.
Nope, it just shares the same pantheon of gods and some terms, but even then it's interpreted differently in each game, so it has nothing to do with 13 and type-0 or with any other FF game ever
>>
>>313264553
All numbered ff games a pretty much stand alone story wise, if you want to get the into the lore of it all i suggest giving the snes titles a play threw. They fun and stories pretty entertaining.
>>
>>313264553
All mainline FF games are completely standalone, so no, FF15 is not connected to anything. Every numbered title is pretty much a new IP.
>>
File: 1444050132106.jpg (30 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
1444050132106.jpg
30 KB, 316x202
>FFXV is going to be some people's first Final Fantasy game instead of I/IV/VI/VIII or XII
>>
>>313264780
Oh alright. So I'm pretty much just waiting to see what the whole story is with the boyband mafia, then?

>>313264849
I'm not sure about all, but the action rpg shit and world it seems to take place in were interesting enough to make me consider it after playing the demo.

>>313265132
It was always a series I just skipped over for some reason. Honestly, Type 0, Dissidia, and 14 are the only FF games I've gone out to play before this one.
>>
>>313265132
Good. A new generation of players should have new ideas, unless you want the industry to stagnate. In which case, we'd get the ps2 era of a shit ton of shovelware rpg's
>>
File: 3631220.png (666 KB, 1001x573) Image search: [Google]
3631220.png
666 KB, 1001x573
>>313265237
>Oh alright. So I'm pretty much just waiting to see what the whole story is with the boyband mafia, then?
Pretty much
Hope you like waiting
>>
File: cosmogony.jpg (845 KB, 1915x1853) Image search: [Google]
cosmogony.jpg
845 KB, 1915x1853
>>313264780
Actually, it doesn't share those either. Back when FNC was a thing it was supposed to have some vague mythological allusions to it, but even those were later dropped. Since it was always supposed to be a more grounded take on FF, its mythology is mainly influenced by the Western and Japanese religions, apparently.
>>
File: ug64Ryy.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
ug64Ryy.webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>313264553
Good for you anon. Game is pretty fun
>>
>>313265550
It still got Etro in the logo though
>>
>>313265237
>>313265437
>So I'm pretty much just waiting to see what the whole story is with the mafia war criminal, then?
FTFY. MC takes the throne about mid-game, promising some serious carnage while he's at it.
>>
>>313265437
I might be able to tide over with more demos.
Fucking teased me with that car.
>>
>>313265667
She's not really Etro. Her role, powers and whatnot have always been different from the Etro in XIII.
>>
>>313266769
And that's pretty much what the Fabula Nova Crystallis is about, same thing in name but made in a completely different way, the same way L'Cies instead of being cursed dudes are pretty much Superman in Type-0
Plus it's not like XIII has ownership over Etro or L'cie or anything from the mythos, it just came out first, the fabula nova crystallis shit was written indepedent from each game
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.