[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Brazil an important market for vidya?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image:377.jpg (21 KB, 640x290) Image search: [Google]
image:377.jpg
21 KB, 640x290
Is Brazil an important market for vidya?
>>
>>313255365
Not yet. Its Japan, USA, UK and Germany.
If you are a PC developer, you might consider Poland and Russia as well.

Other markets arent big enough to justify going specifically after.
>>
>>313255804
France is a bigger market than Germany lad, especially for Japanese games.

>>313255365
Mexico is so big because of the NAFTA, rest of Latin America is fucked by taxes making all videogames devices overpriced as fuck.
>>
>>313255365
>Using official sales figures
In the grey market you can pay half the price

But as I see there is a lot of market for free to play games...a lot of people that i know don't pay 100 reais for a game but spends 10 reais 20 times in assfaggots
>>
>>313255365

BR here, every single friend I have and myself has a PS4.

Every single friend I have and myself has bought it from some gray market place.

It costed me $ 1,250 while it was $ 3,999 on normal stores.

As long as you know the store it's completely safe, and you can choose between an american one or a mexican one
>>
>>313255365
Only for F2P multiplayer games.
>>
>>313255365
How many people in Brazil can afford stuff like this?

Don't they still love the Master System over there?
>>
>>313255365
It's an important market for lobotomy equipment
>>
>>313257419
>>313256195

this

if they use grey market figures everything would be pretty much 70- 85 percent ps4
>>
>>313258398
We're not that poor, although the official price for the PS4 is like... 6 times minimum wage.

Either way, we still have the Master System re-released here because it was one of the most profitable markets for SEGA during that era - that's why their representative here (TecToy Games) still has Master Systems and Mega Drives, but no Dreamcasts or Saturns anymore.
>>
>>313258772
>We're not that poor, although the official price for the PS4 is like... 6 times minimum wage.
I have a very limited view of Brazil and most of what I know about the country is from things I've seen on liveleak.

Your slums paint a different picture, but every country has their dregs. I have no idea what to think.
>>
>>313259165
Brazil GDP is 12000$ per capita and falling. From my observations, intelligent lifeforms start appearing in noticeable quantities when it's more than 15000$ per capita. That's all you need to know about BR
>>
You can find a PS4 for 1500 BRL on our equivalent of Ebay, they're new and imported illegally from Paraguay.

Now in our equivalent of Bestbuy, it's 4000 BRL.
>>
>>313255365
>Huemonkeys
>Buying video games
>>
File: ps2_pes2016[1].jpg (69 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
ps2_pes2016[1].jpg
69 KB, 350x500
>>313258536
heh

but on topic: monkeys can't into technology due to the high taxes on imports that the state created to protect the internal market.
but they can still be considered relevant for the vidya market, just check the last football titles coming out - they always get released for ps2 because the ps2 is the most popular system in there.
>>
>>313259165
Yeah, that's a very limited view. I'm brazillian so let me go straight with you.
It's a gigantic country with poor income distribution so you have a little of everything depending where you go. Blacks are a minority despite what you see in the news. The interior, away from grand centers feels like paradise. It's the goverment corruption and pockets of violence in the big centers that shit this country apart.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.