[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did it all go wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Halo_3-_Master_Chief.jpg (83 KB, 500x289) Image search: [Google]
Halo_3-_Master_Chief.jpg
83 KB, 500x289
Where did it all go wrong
>>
Halo 2
>no ending
>no bots
>no pistol
>>
Halo 3 was fine
>>
They didn't release a halo along with the Xbone

It's literally the key to its fucking success
>>
>>313196898
When it all went wrong
>>
>>313197221
WATCHING
>>
>>313196898
i think after being featured in comedy shows like conan and big bang theory it´s become this babytier normie meme and keeps attracting the same crowd that´s into call of duties
>>
>>313197205

are you retarded? The only microsoft console with a halo release same day is the orginal xbox. halo 3 came out two fucking years after the 360 and that console was a success.

Go to bed kiddo
>>
>>313197005
tfw no CE pistol
>>
It went wrong with Halo 3

the saving grace was Forge mode.
>>
It stopped being Halo and tried too hard to take on elements of other games, now it's some kind of Halo-Warframe-CoD abomination.

343 should have just made a spin-off series following 3 to begin with, that way they would have had room to experiment before going back to original formula, and the hype for a Halo 4 after however many years of spin-off series would have been gigantic.
>>
halo 3
>>
>>313196898

an overly complicated story I just wanna kill aliens no aim down sights, the multiplayer is SLOW in all aspects. also we haven't seen chiefs face inb4 halo 4 ending

levels that take 20 minutes to complete and that are complicated (halo ce). .

also the games don't tell the whole canon but that's understandable
>>
>>313197205

>people buy xbone because halo 5
>halo 5 doesn't come out until 2 years are launch of console
>people who bought the xbone for halo 5 probably bought xbox live gold for 60 bucks
>bought games during the 2 year gap of the console being released and halo 5

basically people still bought the console for halo 5 and played probably AAA titles like gta 5 and cawadooty advanced warefare and destiny. shit, destiny is like in the top 5 most paid for games on Xbox live so I don't think a console/game bundle with halo 5 really hurts anybody.

of course there's the halo 5 game and console and controller and probably head phones bundle too.

Microsoft wants you to wait and buy as many games as you want until the game you really want gets released.

too bad halo sucks
>>
Dunno, I thought it was ok at worst (halo 4) and great at best (halo 3, odst). I also liked reach. Looking forward to halo: spartan comando boogaloo. No regrets
>>
File: skeezits.jpg (710 KB, 1000x1347) Image search: [Google]
skeezits.jpg
710 KB, 1000x1347
>>313196898
The community doesn't have the same new and pioneering feeling as it once did circa ilovebees, Bungie's willingness to engage with fans was one of the things I liked about OG Halo compared to most big-name titles at the time

I guess it just feels more "manufactured" now
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.