[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to love these guys so FUCKING much, their character designs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: PlatinumGames[1].png (7 KB, 430x185) Image search: [Google]
PlatinumGames[1].png
7 KB, 430x185
I want to love these guys so FUCKING much, their character designs and music and shit is so good, but after completing Bayonetta 1 and 2, Wonderful 101 and MGR:Revengeance, I still fucking hate all of these games gameplay-wise. The only reason I bought and played them was because you bastards keep insisting there's something I'm missing and I've been telling myself the same thing, I just fucking hate these goddamn games, I hate how you move and how you attack, and in all of these games I've run into HORRIBLE fucking glitches

what games or producers have you been trying your hardest to accept but just can't bring yourself to, /v/?
>>
Forcing yourself to like something is crazy, I understand wanting to get what the appeal is, but why buy games you know you are not going to enjoy?
>>
>>313187046
I remember being seriously dissapointed by Madworld.

I feel like the games they made when they were Clover were more fun.
>>
>>313187046
ottereatingwatermellon.png
>>
>>313187046
I felt the same way about Wonderful 101 specifically. As someone who loved Kamiya/Platinum's games and was in particular a giant fan of Toku, W101 remains the most disappointed I've ever been in a game. It's just so unenjoyable to play.
>>
>>313187329
I told myself I could enjoy them and everyone on here and on other imageboards, even my friends insisted that if I just keep trying I'll "get it"

I beat most of those a second time on the hardest difficulty, before anyone tells me I just suck at the games
>>
the gameplay is the best part
>>
>>313187823
I respect people saying it's great but to me it's just fucking appalling is all
>>
I'm having some trouble with MGR. Am I supposed to be blocking in the direction of the enemy?(if the enemy is to my left, i block left) or am I supposed to be blocking to counter the direction of the incoming attack?(if the enemy is standing in front of me, but his swing is coming from the left, i block left)
>>
>>313188229
Towards the enemy.
>>
>>313187046
The only thing i dislike is the player physics in this game.

For some reason in MGR enemies plop around and feel like they have mass to them.

Raiden feels like you're playing an old NES game where you couldn't jump and move at the same time.
>>
>>313187046
>Buying into the shilling
You only have to blame yourself.
>>
>>313188631
Oh well that explains why I'm doing so poorly. I assumed the latter, the way the game explained it. Thanks
>>
>>313189481
Also, keep in mind you have to tap the direction for each attack. There are some enemies/bosses that will attack rapidly, and you will need to tap the control stick in their direction for each hit. Holding the control stick in the direction won't work.
>>
>>313187775
autism
>>
>>313187046
It would be nice if they made a game that wasn't just DMC reskinned for a change. W101 at least tried, though in doing so it compounded many of the crippling flaws every Platinum game suffers from.
>>
>>313187046
People like getting creative with the fighting systems in those games. Devil May Cry has the most crazy videos of stuff like that. You really do just gotta love playing around with the possibilities.
>>
>>313187775
It's totally okay to not like them. I myself love platinum and have since they were clover. They know how to have fun and take silly concepts and turn them into stories that stick with you (wonderful 101 and viewtiful joe) that being said, it's not for everyone. It's a very niche thing and even though I love the gameplay in their games, its not perfect and I think that's because they want to experiment and try something new. Hopefully this gives you some kind of idea of why we like them and who knows, maybe one day you'll go back to them and find something you never noticed before about them that you'll love.

(I had the same problem with wonderful 101 when I first played it but it grew on me, I can't explain why, but it did.)
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.