[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
F.O.E. ! F.O.E. !
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1390404804194.png (58 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1390404804194.png
58 KB, 1280x1024
Whew, i've just finished Etrian Odyssey (the first one) for the DS. That was a nice log ride. Really liked the 'plot twist' from L20
Easier than i thought.

Lol'd at the 1st FOE encounter... so this is where THAT song comes from!

I really enjoyed exploring dungeons and writing the map .
95% of treasures were shit tho... they should've hidden some unique items somewhere imo

Should i find the sequels and play' em?
>>
yeah, or just go straight to 3.
>>
>>313179873
Which Etrian I should start with.
I've heard 2 is the best, but 4 is the easiest.
Should I start with 1 though? How hard is it?
I played a bit of 2 on shitty emulator and it was a bit demoralizing how easily I was slaughtered by the first few enemies. Although it's been a while since I last played it and now I'm kinda looking for unforgivingly difficult games with tons of micromanagement. Does the game get any easier later on?
>>
Oddly enough I just started playing EO4. It's my first one.
>>
>>313180301
Both EO4 and Etrian Odyssey Untold (remake of the first game with optional story mode) are good places to start. If you happen to be a Persona fan then Persona Q should be fine as well. EOU2 likely works, haven't played it yet myself.

Etrian Mystery Dungeon is kinda mediocre and different.
>>
File: image.png (81 KB, 840x1278) Image search: [Google]
image.png
81 KB, 840x1278
I want to marry Hexer!
>>
>>313180301

Op here. One is surprisingly difficult at the start,it gets easier after leveling up a little bit. you'll get stuck in the first 5 floors for eternity, then you will progress smoothly

Once your medic has some healing skills, and you get access to the alchemist warp you are all set.
>>
EVEN ON 4CHAN, F.O.E.!
>>
>>313179873
>Should i find the sequels and play' em?

>Hey, I really liked this game
>there's another five that are literally just like it
>huuur sould I play them?

No dude. Every other EO is shit, the first one is the only good one. The rest is literally a blank screen with a 200x200 gif of a dog pissing.
>>
>>313181460

That feeling when your healer/medic runs out of TP, and you just realize you have run out of warp wires
>>
Also play 7th Dragon. The person who made Etrian Odyssey left after the first game to make 7th Dragon. It's not exactly Etrian Odyssey, but if you need a little bit of fresh air while still having something familiar, there's your game.
>>
>>313182472

Thanks for the tip, i didn't know about that game.
>>
>>313180301
1 and 2 are both outdated, their untold remakes made them better and harder on every single way. 1 had mapping limitation, slow exploring, some ridicoulus skill bugs and in the endgame atlus thought it would be fun to set damage numbers so high it looks like disgaea.

Eo2 fixed those flaws, only to add the fact that FOEs give 0 experience. Basically, at the end of the game, dealing 1000 damage is an impressive feat.

Eo3 is probably the best EO, the most balanced and fair of them all.

Eo4 is a great starting point, is the easiest one, you can roll a 5 medic team and still clear the game.

EoU 1 and 2 fix the older games and are the hardest if played on expert.

I would say to start with 4 or 3 or U2.
>>
Is there any chance to Find a physical version of EO Untold 1?
>>
>>313184123
If you live in euland just hit the nearest gamestop.
>>
>>313183275
>Eo3 is probably the best EO, the most balanced and fair of them all.
I agree with you on everything except this. EO3 has awful balance. It's fun, and has neat ideas, but the class balance is appauling.
Also I haven't played U2 tfw urop so don't know about that.

2=4>3=U>1
>>
How often does Untold go on sale on the eShop?
>>
>>313186223
Atlus is pretty regular with sales. I nabbed DeSu:O for ten American dollars just yesterday.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.