[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never played Splinter Cell, any of them, are they worth buying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Sam-Fisher.jpg (257 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Sam-Fisher.jpg
257 KB, 500x500
Never played Splinter Cell, any of them, are they worth buying on Steam on sale?
>>
Never browsed /v/ either apparently.
>>
1 is ok
pandora tomorrow is also good but not on steam cause of copyright issues or something
chaos theory is best
double agent is ok
conviction is not a splinter cell game
blacklist is meh
>>
Chaos Theory is the best but the other games work fine
>>
Get 1 and CT.

CT especially as its god tier stealth.

The rest are shit except Blacklist if you think of it as a none splinter cell game
>>
File: STEALTH.gif (3 MB, 400x287) Image search: [Google]
STEALTH.gif
3 MB, 400x287
>>313170526
Original 3 = the only ones you should play.

The rest = casual consolitis bullshit, with "STEALTH".
>>
>>313170934
This.

I think the issue with no.2 was some rendering problem on modern hardware. Fucked up shadows n shit. And since its a game that basically lives and dies by its lighting due to ho intrinsically its tied into its gameplay, yeah.
>>
Chaos Theory and Blacklist.

>>313171160
If you're still posting that gif, it shows you didn't even play the game.
>>
1 is ok
Pandora Tomorrow is ok but you can't get it on Steam for reasons I'm sure are bullshit
Chaos Theory is GOAT stealth game AND soundtrack
Double Agent on PC (360 and PS3?) sucks
Double Agent on Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube? is apparently Chaos Theory 2.0 and is really good but I have sadly never got round to trying it
Conviction is a departure from the usual Splinter Cell and a lot of people hate it for that, but it's still a good game
Blacklist is a cross between Chaos Theory and Conviction and is still pretty good. No Ironside though (or Grim's VA whose name escapes me)
>>
OP here, should I start at Chaos Theory?
>>
>>313171583
no. Start with the original. Play in release order.
>>
>>313171583
Plot wise, you don't have to. Chaos theory does reference the previous games a handful of times.

>dat three alarms quip in mission 2
>>
>>313170934
Pretty accurate
>>
Make sure to not buy Double Agent. Shit's unplayable on PC.
>>
>>313171583
Chaos Theory is the best game in the series, and the plot really doesn't matter unless you have some kind of hard-on for generic political thriller stuff.
>>
>>313171406
Blacklist lacks a lot of the charm and black humor that made Chaos Theory great, though. It's a step in the right direction, but it still carries over a lot of the baggage from Conviction and remains to be a garbage entry that only gets praise because it wasn't QUITE as shit as Convicton.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.