[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Secret World
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: The Secret World.jpg (247 KB, 1950x750) Image search: [Google]
The Secret World.jpg
247 KB, 1950x750
So why haven't you played one of the best MMOs/RPGs ever made? The game looks great, has plenty of content and updates, offers solid combat (yes, it's way better nowadays), hands down the best quests ever made, fantastic atmosphere and setting, nice music and one of the friendliest communities you will find in this day and age.

>inb4 shill for a 3 year old game
>>
>>313165891

Because I'm enjoying Wildstar right now though if the questing is any better in TSW I might jump ship.
>>
>>313166145
You can't really compare TSW questing with any other MMO on the market, every single quest has a proper story and cutscene and most of the puzzles are extremely clever and hard as fuck. The game EXPECTS you to search for hints on the fucking web man, it has an inbuilt web browser. Combat seems kinda wonky at first but the further you go the more you start to appreciate it for all those viable builds the game has to offer.
>>
>>313166145
Can't really compare Wildstar and TSW, first is a themepark MMO and the second is way more story-focused. Despite that TSW has some surprisingly fun dungeons and raids, it's just not the big focus of the game.
>>
My friends and I are making another excursion into Secret World after we saw The Park coming out on steam.

Not really sure how I feel about a standalone horror with a 1-2 hour playtime costing ten dollars, but it does have a lovely shout button and I adore that its tied into the game universe.

I picked up the Fall of Tokyo pack when it went on sale, hadnt had the initiative to learn the AEGIS system.
>>
>>313167193
I would love to have a 4chan cabal on Arcadia (the only server that matters). I know there was one like a year back or so, don't know if it's still alive.
>>
>>313167362

We all set up shop on Daemon
>>
MMO players are so stupid.
>>
>>313167550
Why? I thought Arcadia is the most alive server by far. How active is your cabal?
>>
>So why haven't you played one of the best MMOs/RPGs ever made?

I did. Its shit. There is a reason it went B2P. The combat has no weight. No impact. The animations are terrible on top of that. The actual group content is far in between. The quests are interesting, but it doesn't make up for the sheer boredom of the combat.

It felt like a F2P korean MMO.
>>
>>313167842

We stopped playing for a long time, we got nothing socially at the moment, you may likely be right
>>
>>313167992
It went B2P because the game was too hard and too niche for the typical MMO player. Don't tell me your typical WoW shitter would've been able to solve a single investigation mission. Also the combat is now way better than at release.
>>
>>313165891

Still playing it anon. Such a sucker for the game athmosphere I preorder the spin-off The Park
>>
>>313165891
OP can't inb4, you stupid fuck.
>>
>>313165891
Because the combat is complete ass, everything else is top tier, but the most basic fucking feature is completely flawed, and they have no idea on how to fix it, might as well remove it entirely and the game would be much better just having branching stories and puzzles, game is dead already anyways.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.