[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If your level is; >overly long and overly difficult at the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Super_Mario_Maker_Artwork.jpg (76 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Super_Mario_Maker_Artwork.jpg
76 KB, 300x400
If your level is;
>overly long and overly difficult at the same time
>a 'maze' of pipes and doors
>bullet hell
>"DON'T MOVE LOL"
>a remake
>over emphasis on platforming (like single blocks that you must jump between)

Then stop making levels
>>
Remakes are gay as hell
>>
File: burgerpants.png (8 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
burgerpants.png
8 KB, 236x236
>>313139090
>>overly long and overly difficult at the same time
>>over emphasis on platforming (like single blocks that you must jump between)
Sounds like someone's just shit
>>
i like making music levels, pretty good at it too
i remember watching a Mario romhack version of nico nico douga back in 2008 and i enjoyed the idea ever since
>>
>>313139795
Not him but it is incredibly easy to make a hard level, literally anyone can do it. It's much harder to strike a balance that's fun and challenging at the same time, has some sort of narrative to it and is not entirely copypasted and soulless.
>>
>its a japan level
>back out instantly and check it out in editor for dev blocks before wasting my time on trying this bullshit
>>
> tfw 90℅ of 100 Mario Challenge is trash.
>>
>expect kaizo mario
>get i wanna be the guy
everytime
>>
>>313139090
you just listed every possible level
no wonder your salty if you have everything
dont move is boring and retarded tho, agree on that
>>
>>313139090
How long can we have a thread before the shilling starts?
>>
File: FsaoZ.jpg (131 KB, 931x641) Image search: [Google]
FsaoZ.jpg
131 KB, 931x641
no shilling until the 11th post, neat.

Boletarian Palace (Traditional)
9BD7-0000-0097-3201
My latest effort in transcribing Demon's Souls into Mario. Features the first segment of world 1, including fog gates, Phalanx & Tower Knight fights, and rogue drakes. I hit the size & block limit before I could include Old King Doran as an optional encounter. Sorry, folks.

The Tower of Latria (Traditional)
52D5-0000-004A-07C7
My first effort of the aformentioned Demon's Souls project. Includes artillery wall, prisoner horde, mind flayers, and the three boss fights. Has twice as many stars as it does clears, go figure.

Aladdin's Cave of Wonders Escape (Timed Flight)
78E2-0000-006A-952C
A recreation of the famous Disney scene. A shortie.

The Abyss (Minimal)
417B-0000-006A-95D8-
Hope you like the dark. Also a shortie.

c'mon folks i know you've made some too. until then it's just 100 mario challenge.
>>
>>313141503
I'd shill but the threads at this hour die early anyway.
>>
What's wrong about remaking levels from other games?
>>
>>313141696
They don't translate well.

Instead you should try to make levels that function in the style of that game that work with the tools you have.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.