[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rank the MGS boss squads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: MGS Groups.png (1 MB, 1442x756) Image search: [Google]
MGS Groups.png
1 MB, 1442x756
Foxhound > Winds of Destruction > Cobras > Dead Cell > B&B Corps
The Skulls really should have been a group of wacky parasite-themed bosses instead of bullet sponges and fancy snipers.
>>
Objectively correct OP.

You're pretty good.
>>
>>313113339
The Cobras > Winds of Destruction > FOXHOUND > Dead Cell > B&B Corps

I loved the Cobras because they didn't feel the need to give us their life story before you beat them then some pathetic sob story after you beat them unlike FOXHOUND. Winds of Destruction were fun to watch. Dead Cell was boring. B&B Corps were inferior rehashes of FOXHOUND with some pathetic sob story delivered monotonously by Drebin while looking at a still image for 15 minutes. Bleh.
>>
The Cobras >= Foxhound > Dead Cell > Winds of Destruction >>>>>> B&B Unit
>>
>>313114256
I thought B&B Corps were great homages to other villains.For example Crying wolf is homage to fortune,the sorrow and sniper wolf.
>>
>>313114256
Except the Joy, Sorrow, and the Fury all had sob stories after you beat them.
>>
>>313114512
They could have been, but I thought it was retarded that they didn't have their own perosonalities really. It was just like "hey remember Vulcan Raven and the Fury? Well now here's some chick in a suit of armor that's basically both of them because reasons."
>>
>>313114665
I don't remember Sorrow or Fury exposition-dumping them on you.

But yeah I agree Joy's plot twist was retarded. I never cared about the character before so why should I now?
>>
>>313114512
That was part of the problem, they were just statues built from the pieces of other better bosses.

But seriously I think Dead Cell could have been a contender if we got to see Chinaman and Oldboy.
>>
I liked the Cobras the most since I felt I had the most fun fighting them. I also like the idea of Big Boss killing off his emotions in order to kill Joy.
>>
>>313114798
Sigint or Zero info dumps Sorrow's backstory and how he had to get killed by the Boss after you fight him. I forget who told you about the Fury's crash landing though.
>>
>>313114727
>>313114801
I get what you guys mean I just think mgs4 was a great sending off/love letter to the series even if the plot/level design can be shit at times.
>>
File: Black Chamber.jpg (58 KB, 595x456) Image search: [Google]
Black Chamber.jpg
58 KB, 595x456
... Technically nothing canon-shattering happens in this game since you're not even the real Solid Snake, you're a clone of a clone.
>>
>>313114965
>tfw a non-canon spinoff is better than most of the canon games

I don't even care that Kojima didn't write it ESPECIALLY after the abomination that was MGS4. Heck, even as far back as MGS2 the story was way too far up its own ass for me to take seriously.
>>
FOXHOUND > The Cobras > Black Chamber > B&B Corps. > BEAGLE (I only just realise that mimic chick's butterfly burns were totally just recycled for Quiet) > The Parasite Unit > SaintLOGIC > Desperado
>>
>>313113339

Are we talking about overall coolness level or overall power levels?

Because if we're talking about power levels, then Winds of Destruction CLEARLY is the strongest of them all. No doubt.

But in terms of coolness? Cobra Unit
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.