[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone know how big SoTCs map size is compared to that of modern
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: the forbidden lands.jpg (413 KB, 1270x997) Image search: [Google]
the forbidden lands.jpg
413 KB, 1270x997
Anyone know how big SoTCs map size is compared to that of modern RPGS? (Skyrim, Witcher etc.) It felt huge but I imagine a lot of that was just due to how novel it was at the time.
>>
Who cares, it's all just open space emptiness anyways.
>>
>>313112060
It felt huge but I imagine it was probably a lot smaller than you'd think, like the size of 2 Bionis' Legs or something
>>
>>313112168
It was, but there was a lot of interesting and unique geography. It felt a lot different than some other open world games, with just endless plains and forests.
>>
From west to east probably would take i don't know. 7-10 mins?
>>
It's significantly larger than Skyrim but TW3 is probably bigger and absolutely more detailed.
>>
It's decently big, I mean it was originally intended to house free-roaming colossi.
Nomad's blog should detail it somewhere.
>>
>>313112630

it's far from being larger than skyrim lel.
>>
>>313112630
TW3's main area is even bigger now
>>
It's extremely small, the certain paths you have to take to reach certain areas give it the illusion of being bigger than it is.

Not like that's a bad thing, though. It was fucking empty on purpose, if it was massive it would've been a chore to ride to each Colossus. It was the perfect size for the purpose it served.
>>
File: pcsx2 2014-09-22 19-55-15-42.jpg (105 KB, 1680x944) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2 2014-09-22 19-55-15-42.jpg
105 KB, 1680x944
>>313112738
It's significantly larger than Skyrim dude, you can see one end of Skyrim from the other. In SOTC that isn't even close to being possible.

SOTC is also far more vertical.

To give you some perspective, the center tower that you can climb takes up more sqare feet than all of the Skyrim cities combined.

>>313112847
That's cool.
>>
File: pcsx2 2015-02-13 17-22-17-92.jpg (156 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2 2015-02-13 17-22-17-92.jpg
156 KB, 1920x1080
>>313112908
The paths are larger than the paths in Skyrim.

The open areas are larger than the open areas in Skyrim.

The colossus arenas are bigger than the open areas in Skyrim.
>>
>>313112973

No it's not. it's entanglement creates the illusion of scale that's all.

Like i said. about 5 mins in a straight line can get you anywhere.

I understand you like the game but sotc is smaller than a bunch of open world games. Smaller than Skyrim, RDR, GTA and such.

For the better of it.
>>
>>313114027
You're delusional or haven't played it dude, the game is far larger.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.