[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>boring world >stupid lore (rich fantasy niggers. elder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: pillars of eternity.jpg (60 KB, 915x585) Image search: [Google]
pillars of eternity.jpg
60 KB, 915x585
>boring world
>stupid lore (rich fantasy niggers. elder scrolls pls go)
>boring, unnatural dialog that just lore dumps at you
>boring companions (the priest guy seemed kind of interesting) that don't interact with the world like they did in Baldur's Gate 2
>trash mobs as far as the eye can see, but you get no xp for killing them
>MMO style weapon design where nothing is unique like BG2 and instead are just FOUR STAM FOUR STRENGTH LEATHER BELT
>typically buggy Obsidian release, but this time there's no publisher to blame
>No mod tools in sight

And now they're charging for - get this - Part 1 of an expansion pack.

Why did PCu-cks declare this game a savior of the genre, again?
>>
>>313093403
>Why did PCu-cks declare this game a savior of the genre, again?

Because it keeps Obsidian alive enough to work on better projects.
>>
>>313093510
They only release mediocre games that are often buggy at release. It's better they simply die.
>>
you forgot the shitey class balance and flawed stat system
>>
>>313093403
>Why did PCu-cks declare this game a savior of the genre, again?
Because retards insist on riding the dick-suck-Obsidian bandwagon despite the consistently low quality of their recent releases. See: >>313093510

>O-ok so pillars was boring and incompetent, b-b-ut their next game will be good, honest!
>>
>few people liked the game
>"WHY DOES EVERYONE LIKE THIS GAME WHAT THE FUCK"
>>
>>313093920
>>few people liked the game

It has an 89 on metacritic
>>
All of this is true except
>typically buggy Obsidian release

This is probably the least buggy WRPG I've ever played, and Baldur's Gate 2 is one of the buggiest games of all time
>>
>>313093403
None of these are actual criticisms. It's the equivalent to calling everything shit and buzzwording it up without actually saying anything. Also, the pasta has gotten stale, let it go.
>>
>>313094291
>This is probably the least buggy WRPG I've ever played

I see you didn't try their 2.00 release
>>
it's definitely a little on the boring side but it's not terrible

it's the only kickstarter i haven't regretted backing so far
>>
>>313094334
>None of these are actual criticisms.
Do you even understand what "criticism" means? The guy is making valid artistic criticisms as well as criticisms about the functional quality of the game.
>>
File: cleansing the dyrwood.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cleansing the dyrwood.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
Remember to do your duty
>>
>>313095769
My duty to ignore all gold names?
>>
>>313093510
>Because it keeps Obsidian alive enough to work on better projects.
Like that World of Tanks ripoff?
>>
>>313094147
>metacritic is how you judge a game
retarded
>>
>>313093403

Because it's a really good game and you're just an idiot blinded by nostalgia.
>>
>>313096386

13 seconds and you couldn't even watch to the end.
>>
I'm getting bored of this copypasta and I should really just stop filtering the overall copypasta instead of common phrases to it because you changed like one word or some shit and now I get to see this again and it's very annoying.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.