[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I struggled a lot with MGO. But last night I finally found
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
So I struggled a lot with MGO. But last night I finally found my niche that allowed me to have fun. The key is to search only for 12 or 10 or less player games, with that many people the flow of the game is really nice. I play bounty hunter mostly because If you get a good lobby, theres a lot of sneaking and tension and tactics.
After playing five or six successive matches doing very well by sneaking around with NVGs and e-locators, picking my shots, and wrecking rushing infiltrators, I honestly think that the metagame for MGO is just now developing, and in a month or two we will have a very talented and skilled fanbase that will turn this game around. Once people level enough to counter infilshitters, I think that their dominance will go away.

(continued in comments)
>>
op continuing

Things that still need fixing:

Scouts NEED to be able to mark cloaked infilshitters. The “marking” predication of their class is pointless if they can’t mark 75% of players. Also, the short scope needs to be available before lvl 29, or at least have all the optics attachments interchangeable between weapons (scopes + ARs / RDS + sniper). Scout should be only one with NVGs, but should have reduced health like infilshitter. Scout shouldn’t get RPG or any grenade launchers, only underbarrel smoke and stun GL’s. Scouts should get rangefinder 8x scope after variable zoom scope.

Infilshitter needs mostly non lethal weapons, and maybe a couple lethal, I think having the double barrel shotgun and the G44-9 carbine would work nicely. Infiltrator’s cloak needs to break when sprinting, shooting, and diving. There needs to be an incentive for sneaking, and a penalty for not. E-locators for infilshitters are fair, tbh. Fulton cannon needs an audible beeping noise, so you don’t always have to keep NVG’s on to spot them. Of course, the noise of sprinting should cover that noise, so shitters will still get grabbed. Stun grenades need to be fixed. Infilshitters get away with grenade spam and easy fultons. It takes no skill to spam grenades at people, they shouldn’t be rewarded for it. It should take two successive grenades on top of each other to stun, not one.

Enforcer should get all LMGs, and all AR LMG variants. No “vanilla” ARs like base AMRS4. Other than that, I think the Enforcer is balanced pretty okay as is.

Lastly, and importantly, remove A-MRS-4 as starting weapon. Its high RPM and accuracy make any other gun second class to it. Scout should start with UN-ARC. Enforcer with SVG with drum mag, and infiltrator with G44-9. AM-RS 4 should be later unlock for all classes, as well as the G44 variants.

Just my two cents.
>inb4 tl;dr
>>
Nice blog post
>>
>>313061231
wow great internet joke you showed me
>>
>>313061154
yeah the MRS4 is ridiculous it needs to be a later unlock.
>>
>>313061117
How to get gud at this game:

1.pay attention to your sound radar at top left

2.turn up your camera speed for quicker aiming

that's honestly it, have fun y'all
>>
Scouts can't mark infiltrators with NVG on?
>>
>>313062407
Not that ive' seen. Either that, or it takes too long.
>>
WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE SUTHERLANDS VOICE

I WANT VOICE PRESETS
>>
>>313062675
Unlock a new character slot, you can pick from 4 voices per gender.
>>
>>313062407
>>313062560
They can with NVG +3 I believe
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.