[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the point of this character?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Oliver_Swanick.jpg (161 KB, 800x572) Image search: [Google]
Oliver_Swanick.jpg
161 KB, 800x572
What was the point of this character?
>>
to win the lottery
>>
File: 1438629994716.png (60 KB, 170x216) Image search: [Google]
1438629994716.png
60 KB, 170x216
>>313054639
>>
If you spend five mins googling his voice actor, he's not some talentless hack: he's voice many decent characters, in new Vegas and other video games.

What drove him or the director to give him that annoying teenaged high pitched immersion breaking screech is beyond me.
>>
>>313055054
>literally saw half of his gang and innocent citzens get torched, limbs broken, crucified and fed to legion dogs
>lol whats with this sissy and his high pitched voice and far too happy demeanor?

First time I met him, the second he said he "won the lottery" I killed him, took the ticket and summarily found out there's hundreds of them and it's worthless. Felt like I got tricked
>>
>>313054596
To give you the greatest pleasure for killing someone in this game.
>>
>>313055054
>Dreamboy.jpg
>>
To make the player feel guilty.
Most people will kill him straight away out of greed, thinking he won a bunch of money.
>>
>>313055054
>>313055275
The voice would have worked perfectly fine if not for the engine's potato-faced animations. If the character were actually animated and looking deranged instead of relaxed then it would have been good.
>>
File: 1435785807372.jpg (54 KB, 809x434) Image search: [Google]
1435785807372.jpg
54 KB, 809x434
>>313054596
To introduce a new lottery mechanic, which will be featured on Fallout 4.
>>
To further prove that Yosuke from Persona 4 isn't too bright
>>
>>313054596
for a laugh you sad cunt, there doesn't need to be a reason.
>>
>>313055275
I'm not bothered he's happy. I would be if the Roman Empire killed everyone in my town but me, I'm bothers the voice acting is loud, obnoxious and annoying. Just sounds unnatural and silly.
>>
>>313055054
really? you didn't recognize yuri lowenthal the exact moment he starts screeching on screen?

the guy has only one voice and it only works for anime characters
>>
>>313055472
This.
I felt a terrible person.
>>
>>313056098
I don't watch much anime, only the really mainstream stuff.

Come to think of it high pitched yelling works brilliantly for anime, really. He must feel right at home when asked to yell obnoxiously into a microphone.
>>
>>313056474
he does a ton of acting for video games too
mostly japanese games, but still
>>
>>313054639
/thread
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.