[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Freedom Planet: The DLC Will Never Come Out Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
Who did you choose for your first playthrough? Is Lilac OP, or are Carol and Milla underpowered? Do you play Classic Mode on habit, or do you disagree with the popular opinion and like the story? What did you like, and what did you think needed improvement?

DLC when?
>>
Playing it through the first time on my Wii U. On the river stage ir whatever, the one after the city/mall.
Really like it so far, fucking fantastic for an indie and even comparable to real games. Lilac a best
>>
I picked purple sanic but couldn't beat the last boss.
>>
File: clLaKdp.jpg (11 KB, 397x197) Image search: [Google]
clLaKdp.jpg
11 KB, 397x197
>Decapitates Shuigang's King ONSCREEN
>Is an evil bastard and relishes in it from his Hades from KI esque dialogue
>Slaps Lilac's shit and brutally tortures her
>Pragmatic as fuck and is actually a bigger threat outside of his ship/mech.
>Dat fucking recurring theme

Brevon best villain
>>
File: 2qlzr5d.png (11 KB, 520x640) Image search: [Google]
2qlzr5d.png
11 KB, 520x640
>>313047394
Wrong pic, I'm bad
>>
File: I heart nippon food denko.png (545 KB, 847x441) Image search: [Google]
I heart nippon food denko.png
545 KB, 847x441
>>313047394

Don't forget that he'll go out of his way to blow your character up in his final fight, just to make sure you're dead.

In a way, I like the fact that gibbed characters explode into feathers as a stylistic choice, but at the same time some of the impact's lost. It's like you're controlling pillow facsimiles of your character.
>>
I made it to the Milla boss fight with Carol once. Holy fuck was that a load of shit. Like how do you even make a game with two playable characters with different abilities and not even stop to consider the fact that maybe trying to beat the boss designed with Character 1's abilities in mind is going to be like pulling teeth as Character 2
>>
>>313048060
That's my biggest complaint with the game tbh. The game is so obviously built with Lilac in mind.
>>
>>313048060

I think they designed the levels with Lilac and her double jump in mind, tried to do the Sonic 3 and Knuckles thing of "making each encounter viable with each character's unique skillset" a little later, and only got so far as "making a couple alternate routes in the stages" before letting Carol and Milla be the harder characters overall (shield boosting aside).

That said, the Milla fight is actually relatively decent with Carol, as long as you close the gap and go into fuck-off-Chun-Li mode whenever she wants to attack. The hover out of your reach thing is indefensible, though, and other bosses do it worse. Serpentine act 2 as Carol is basically "wait until a gas tank falls from on high", and while Syntax's last fight is made to be fought with motorcycle Carol (since it won't break in the fight), it is quite possible to lose the motorcycle before you reach her. If you ever try to fight Final Syntax with on-foot Carol, you'll learn it's basically impossible to avoid some attacks, making the fight damn near unwinnable.
>>
Picked Lilac first, it seemed logical to pick the main characters first: I don't think she's OP, Carol is just lackluster and might need more tools, Milla is just the oddball, nothing wrong there.
>>
>>313044750
Went with Carol as my first go on story mode. Felt like it was a really rough way to start off with. Currently on a Milla run, and she is fun as fuck, and her shield is OP as hell, despite the low health. If I were good, I'd probably break the game with her.

As for the story, it's bad, but not as god awful as people hype it to be. It adds to the charm, in ways, along with the very amateur voice acting.
>>
>The DLC Will Never Come Out Edition
I heard from Somecallmejohnny that the Torque DLC was pretty much done and had a demo of it at PAX Prime. Haven't found any gameplay of it though.
>>
>>313050573

I know that Spade's basically done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFoUKJQkTBk
>>
>>313047394
I fucking love me some leitmotifs, that theme showing up everywhere from the character select screen, cutscenes, all the way to the final boss battle is fucking amazing.
Oh yeah and I fucking love the character select screen quoting the final boss music too.
>>
>>313045460
Was planning on buying it for my Wii U. Does the gamepad do anything?
>>
>>313044750
I don't play autism furry games, why don't you go fuck a rodent or something somewhere else?
>>
>>313046591
Sounds like someone got knifed.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.