[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars Battlefront will not support in-game voice chat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 7.png (26 KB, 514x343) Image search: [Google]
7.png
26 KB, 514x343
>Star Wars Battlefront is a team-based game, and thus a certain amount of coordination is paramount to success. A well-organized team is always going to fare better than a bunch of hot-headed random goofs with guns, after all, which is why the Empire was able to so easily handle the smuggler, the farm boy, the old coot, and Upright Lassie when they tried to save the princess from the most heavily-armed battlestation the galaxy has ever seen. It thus came as something of a surprise to learn that the game will not have integrated support for voice chat.
>"You can choose your favorite third party software to communicate with friends on PC," EA tweeted in response to an inquiry about voice chat. The PS4 and Xbox One versions, for those curious, will utilize their "built-in party system for in-game chat."
>>
Why do developers keep doing it?
How hard can it be to return to the classic formula of dedicated servers + simple server browser + simple voice chat? Do casual gamers struggles with this shit or something?
>>
But it's okay when Splatoon does it
>>
good, i always mute every single player in online games
i dont want to hear you fat sweaty nerds and your nasal voices
>>
>>313040238
>using built-in VOIP
It's like you want to listen to 12 years old calling you bitch and niggets complaining
>>
>>313040463
They see no reason to build the infrastructure into the game when all platforms have a party system of some kind. PC has vent or a number of free programs to communicate with your friends. It frees up servers to allocate more ram to the game too.
>>
>>313040505
It's okay when any game does it. I don't want to hear 12 year old Timmy crying that he got wrecked or that his mommy needs him to come eat dinner.

Anyone who defends in-game voice chat has clearly not played many online games with it. It's the year 2015, we have Skype, Vent, Team Speak, Mumble, fucking anything else we can use. There are also websites, like 4chan, where you can meet up and get people to join those if you wish to actually make teams to play with, but fuck in-game voice chat.
>>
As much as I hate removed features, built in voice chat is fucking terrible and only ever worked in BF2 and ARMA because of the types of people that played the games.

Every other games inbuilt voice chat gets used for spamming music or shouting like faggots.

Still though, fuck Battlefront I had enough of it before the beta even ended.
>>
>>313040846
this
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>313040907
>he doesn't enjoy classic HLDJ micspam
>>
Is Splatoon a new cancer?
>>
>>313041045

>Likes HLDJ
>Posts gmod reaction image

Sums it up nicely.
>>
>>313040238
>only pc
PCUCKS BTFO
>>
What feature will they remove next? The actual weapons?
>>
>>313040846
>IT'S 2015
>>
>>313041660
>The PS4 and Xbox One versions, for those curious, will utilize their "built-in party system for in-game chat."
Do you just stop reading once you read the words "PC" to shitpost?
>>
I understand removing voice chat but fucking text chat as well? Seriously this is such a barbones game, I don't know how anyone could justify spending $60 on it. Not even including the season pass.
>>
>caring about this shit game to begin with
>>
>>313042442
They are literally testing how little of a game they can sell and still make billions.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.