[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Funcom releasing a Singleplayer The Secret World spin-off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
>Funcom releasing a Singleplayer The Secret World spin-off
YES
>The main character doesn't have superpowers and just walks around the theme park from The Savage Coast with her very own JASON button
FUCK
>>
Devs also stated it will be a 2 hours long narrative experience.

You know where those type of 'games' belong, right?
>>
Is this thread about this game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1laEiebQ_E

I have this teaser bookmarked, but I don't actually follow the news on it.

I suppose the concept is a little interesting.
>>
File: Trash_Can.jpg (203 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
Trash_Can.jpg
203 KB, 1200x1600
>>313035314
I sure do
>>
>>313035314
Wait wait, its only a 2 hour game but it's suppose to be a Secret World spin-off?
I hope they mean a rip-off because thats some Beginner's Guide kind of shit.
>>
>>313035462
>I suppose the concept is a little interesting.
>2 hour walking simulator
>interesting
>>
>>313035598
No, I meant a scary park. You don't see those too often.
>>
>>313035674
I was also interested in the amusement park setting (though I know nothing about The Secret World) for a horror game, but since they revealed it to be 1-2 hours long, I don't think I'll even bother pirating it.
>>
>>313035175
I'd be disgusted and shocked if they didn't use this game to further explore the origins of the eldritch shit, and the 'fog'
>>
I really hope TSW stays around a long time and prospers. The devs really do care about the lore and atmosphere the game provides. Probably one of my all time favorite games.

I hope it gets a resurgence or something.
>>
File: 1431661081183.gif (3 MB, 390x293) Image search: [Google]
1431661081183.gif
3 MB, 390x293
>>313035314
This is the future we chose
>>
>>313035314
>>313035175

>have the chance to make an actually amazing game
>make a barely interactive slideshow instead

This is why I flay people.
>>
>>313035175
goddamn it. When the secret world was announced I loved the idea but I cannot into MMO's. I always thought a huge open world where monster/cryptids existed was brilliant. I wanted to live out my Supernatural monster hunting fantasies (like the early seasons where they actually hunted monsters and didn't pander to 13 year old girls as much)
>>
File: 1442017328765.jpg (183 KB, 1124x1024) Image search: [Google]
1442017328765.jpg
183 KB, 1124x1024
>>313037038
It's not your fault, anon. I like Secret World but I'd be a fool not to realize how it could of been so much better if it wasn't focused on also being an mmo. Mmos live to kill good ideas.
>>
>>313037038
>>313037910
I played the game for a few months back when Issue 8 was all the content out and I got through all the story quests and stuff just fine solo. That's where all the spooky lore is anyway.

Though a lot off the random missions have some great stuff too, investigation and sabotage missions were the best though.
>>
$10 for 2 hours of entertainment. We're officially movies now guys!
>>
>>313035175
Seems like a really bizarre way to use the property.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.