[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw even nips are aware of how shit translations are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: tabata ff14.png (63 KB, 967x786) Image search: [Google]
tabata ff14.png
63 KB, 967x786
>tfw even nips are aware of how shit translations are
>>
>caring about FF after IX
XV will never be as good as Versus XIII could have been. Just let it go.
>>
>>313035213
>still pretending X is bad

This meme is the worst.
>>
What the fuck is a noctis
>>
>>313034821
No I'm pretty sure the nips knew ages ago. They just weren't in a position to care, and most still aren't.
>>
>>313035268
>pretending X is good
How to spot someone whose first FF was X. I pity you people, I truly do.
>>
>>313035268
Tidus and Jecht were well written, the concept is great and everything before Besaid is well executed.

The rest of the game is a lazy mess and squandered potential.
>>
>>313036116

>has "dating" elements
>get shoehorned with yuna

Truly the biggest potential wasted.
Rikku is a much more natural match
>>
>>313036116
I liked the turn based aspect of the fights and the way it was presented and how you saw how your actions affect the turn order.
>>
Well, at least they seem to give a shit about the localisation. Most companies don't.
>>
>>313036559
Yeah, and in theory it's a good system. Problem is, the characters have such specific matchups with the constantly recycled enemies that strategy rarely matters and other games (like Grandia) already managed to pull off better versions of the system.

>>313036220
Rikku has great chemistry with Tidus, being a young and curious scavenger while being from an ostracized group, giving her a method to mirror Tidus' confusion and optimism without standing around and not telling him what's wrong for half the game like the rest of the cast. The problem is she works too well with him compared to the rest of the party and had to be benched for hours to make the planned story beats work.

Everything up until you're bucked from the Al Bhed ship works so well, it's a shame the writers refused to rework their story instead of smashing multiple subplots together until it kinda fit.
>>
I'm not confident

The english translation of FF13 turned Lightning from a headstrong but socially awkward and withdrawn person that means well, into a turbobitch that can't stop complaining about everything.
>>
>>313037687
Hilariously, she's still a shit character, just less contemptible.
>>
>>313034821
For fuck's sake.

They should just get rid of these fucking retarded Americans/Europeans and translate it themselves.
>>
>>313038823
>They should just get rid of these fucking retarded Americans/Europeans and translate it themselves.
There are more "retarded americans/europeans" speaking good japanese than japanese speaking acceptable english.
>>
>>313038823
>They should get rid of the people who speak the language they're translating the game into
>>
>>313035268
>turn by turn
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.