[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is horror such a failure of a genre? There's not a single
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: I hate niggers.jpg (75 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
I hate niggers.jpg
75 KB, 480x480
Why is horror such a failure of a genre?
There's not a single legitimately scary game (or a movie, or a book, or a comic) in the whole world.
The only time horror really works is when it's semi-comedic like sequels of Evil Dead, Scream and the like.
>>
>>313029386
probably because nobody is dumb enough to get scared by stuff that isn't real.
>>
>>313029386

>There's not a single legitimately scary game (or a movie, or a book, or a comic) in the whole world.

You just made this thread to look like some form of bad boy, right? Jesus christ man, just off yourself if you're this desperate.
>>
>>313029421
>>
>>313029621
>getting this mad at truth
>>
>>313029386
Do you watch horror movies drunk at 11 in the morning with your friends talking over all the scenes?
>>
File: 1444132004654.jpg (47 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1444132004654.jpg
47 KB, 500x501
Funny how when you ain't buying what they're selling you think it's trash.

Cars are such a failure of a form of transportation too.
>>
>>313029386
I thought yume nikki was pretty good
>>
>>313029386
Well I guess you're just too much of a big boy to be scared by films! Well done you!
>>
>>313029421
Tell that to all the religiousfags especially christfags.
>>
>>313029850
Yeah, if every car in the world died every couple of miles it'd be a failure.
>>313029874
>pixel Jap shit trying too hard to be David Lynch
>good
>>
>>313029386
>not a single legitimately scary stories

I bet you are that one sperg that would always ruin ghost stories while camping.
>>
>>313029874
Yume Nikki's not scary. It's creepy and surreal, but I wouldn't say it's scary.

I think there are some legit scary games. But recently, it's just shit like Five Nights at Freddy's. Jump scares can be scary, but if the whole game is literally nothing but jump scares, even if it might get a jump outta you at first, you'll eventually build up a resistance to it.
>>
>>313029723
So you admit that guy is right and you're just trying to act like a badass on an anonymous image board? I didn't think anyone there were any actual autistic people here.
>>
>>313029386
If you dont allow yourself to.get sucked in thwts your problem.

Its not about them being scary, its fake you know its fake. Its about you allowong.yourself to fall for it.
>>
>>313030210
No, I admit the horror is a garbage genre and that guy is an autistic triggered faggot.
>>313030479
Here's a hint: maybe I tried and it didn't work because the genre is impotent?
>>
>>313029386
>that scene

can you imagine if someone tried to pull that off now? they'd be shunned by the film industry forever
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.