[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Try FF1 on NES >"Oh this sucks" >Read about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: final fantasy.jpg (569 KB, 640x1103) Image search: [Google]
final fantasy.jpg
569 KB, 640x1103
>Try FF1 on NES
>"Oh this sucks"
>Read about the remakes
>Try FF1 on GBA
>"Oh this still sucks"
>People say to try the PSP version
>Try it
>"Oh this is the exact same fucking trash as the GBA version."

/v/ has the worst taste imaginable if they think this is some marked improvement over the GBA/NES versions. Especially when there are quality SNES JRPGs that one could be playing like Bahamut Lagoon or Glory of Heracles 3
>>
File: 1443693893108.png (3 KB, 306x269) Image search: [Google]
1443693893108.png
3 KB, 306x269
>>313021560
Didn't you make this thread yesterday?
Do you actually still have a point to make or are you just shit-posting now?
>>
>>313021685
This guy makes the same thread multiple times a day.
It's sad that I know this, but still
>>
File: e6wt2KK.jpg (938 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
e6wt2KK.jpg
938 KB, 3264x2448
Wha-?
Play the FF Origins version on PS1.
It has the difficulty of the NES game with better graphics.
>>
>>313021953
Just looked it up

The exact same fucking game as the PSP/GBA
>>
>>313022147
Play the android phone version.
>>
>>313022307
Hell no.
>>
well maybe you don't like final fantasy then did you ever think of that you piece of shit maybe you shouldn't play the game
>>
>>313022349
You're a fussy fruit.
>>
>>313021560
If you don't like it, that's fine, I can't stand to play most turn-based RPGs anyway nowadays. The reason I like FF is that it isn't long as shit and is straightforward unlike most turn-baseds. Not a lot of time is spent in cutscenes, and the difficulty isn't too easy.

>>313022147
Mostly they are talking about small changes when it comes to this. Origins removed lots of bugs and added a 2nd difficulty option, Dawn changed the leveling and MP system and added the new dungeons.
>>
>>313021560
How many times are you going to make the same fucking stupid thread? I'm willing to bet you're the fag who made all of those Earthbound threads too.
>>
A friend and I are playing FF6 cooperatively.

We tried the Expert ROM hack but found that it was too "difficult". And by "difficult" I mean "gotta grind".

We didn't wanna grind just to survive the part where Locke and the moogles defend Terra, so we booted up the regular ROM.

But now, it's far too easy. Even without grinding, we steamroll over everything.

Is there a decent hack that has a moderate challenge but doesn't require grinding?
>>
File: 1444379677632.png (434 KB, 839x466) Image search: [Google]
1444379677632.png
434 KB, 839x466
IV > V > VI > IX > VII > X > XII > XI > XIV > III > VIII > XIII > I > II
>>
>>313022717
Try Brave New World. I'm only a few of hours in right now so I don't know what it's going to be like later on, but so far it's been noticeably more difficult but hasn't required me to grind; just make sure to stock up on healing items because you're going to need them. It's also a complete overhaul of the game's mechanics to fix broken shit and make every stat viable.
>>
>>313022893

Thanks for the suggestion.
>>
Shitting on FF1 and 2 is kind of stupid.
Everyone knows they aren't great RPGs. They are simple compared to contemporary RPGs.
Old console RPGs were like that. Go there. Do that. Grind a bit. If you wanted story and depth, you would play PC RPGs like Might and Magic or something.

The remakes are there for people who want to experience/re-experience them, warts and all. The only difference being that it's had a somewhat modern face-lift.
If it was more like FF3 or 4 or 5 then it would just be that.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.