[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ are we in a state in the Industry in which games are getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1282409890445.gif (71 KB, 319x238) Image search: [Google]
1282409890445.gif
71 KB, 319x238
/v/ are we in a state in the Industry in which games are getting stale? one visit to the catalog and you can see lots of Undertale/MGSV threads, but, is it because there is nothing else to talk about? i think its sad that we are starting to become starved for good videogames, WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED? WHAT WENT WRONG?
>>
This isn't the first time there's been a lull in new game releases. To be fair, I don't keep up with all the biggest releases. Hell, my most anticipated upcoming games are small name JRPGs on the 3DS. But I can guarantee you there will be a million Fallout 4 threads once that comes out
>>
The vidya industry is larger than movies, tv, and music combined.

It's full mainstream, m8, and that means going for mass appeal. So the best you can do is support the devs and games you like, even if they are flawed, instead of wildly shitposting everything.
>>
>>313020268
There is no state in the industry where X is stale because newfags all just come in and they see stale stuff as new. So it may be stale for you but meanwhile Billy Braddik is out there experiencing Assassin's Creed for the first time and loving it. Yes, the shit ones they put out now. And his friends are bugging him to play an obscure Call of Duty clone called Battlefield Hardline

HAHAHAHAHHA YOURE IN THE INDUSTRY WITH THESE PEOPLE. EVERYTHING IS FIRE.
>>
>>313021425
>>
Big title games cost a lot more and take more time to make
So we get fewer big releases each year and they're getting more samey because every company is afraid to take a risk and make something different
>>
>we are starting to become starved for good videogames

bruh we've been starving like congo niggers for almost ten years at this point
>>
I've switched to playing strictly Japanese games.
I've never enjoyed video games more than I have now.
>>
File: 1441988230556.jpg (110 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1441988230556.jpg
110 KB, 1280x720
>>313020268
>>
>>313020268
>years ago
>DRM IS BAD!
>DLC IS BAD!
>PRE-ORDERING IS BAD!
>no one listened
>they kept feeding the cancer killing video games
We warned you. And you did nothing to stop it.
NOTHING!! NOT A GOD DAMN THING!!

You welcomed the shit with open arms. Now you complain about it. Congrats, idiots! Welcome to the death of video games. You created it! NOW FUCKING ENJOY THE RESULTS!!
>>
>>313022125
The dudebros just bought all that stuff hook line and sinker. There was no way a few geeks boycotting it would stop it, and it didn't
>>
Can someone prove this in regards to PS4 disc games:

The disc contains an RIFF file with unique ID. This is stored on a chip inside the ps4.
>>
/v/ has always been like this

If shitposting threads memes threads and flavor of the months threads are the only thing that can survive on this board then there's something wrong with the community not the videogames industry

People on here don't want to talk about vidya they want to act like 16 year olds
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.